OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They've been selling stuff and animals since last year.. All the animals were gone.

AW had joined Seward, Alaska Facebook groups on the day Hanna gave birth to Kylie.

This isn't a vacation. This move has been in the works since at least 4 days before the murders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks always. I don't know that much about the Kune Kune pigs at all, other than they seem to be another fad animal, but they seemed to have them discounted to sell from what I've tried to price them for comparison. Their old FB page is still up. I noticed lots of interest in that particular location, and contacts in that region, too. Lots of strange coincidences.

Do you think that the Ws leaving instigated the search, or do you feel they may have been tipped off that a vacation may be due? There were tons of animals on that farm, I guess the new owners bought it with the animals?

My opinion, I think LE may have had them on their radar, but for whatever reason either wasn't aware they were moving, or perhaps the Ws knew they were being watched and left. The way things on that trailer were packed, or not packed tells me they were hurried.

My opinion, I think LE may have had them on their radar, but for whatever reason either wasn't aware they were moving, or perhaps the Ws knew they were being watched and left. The way things on that trailer were packed, or not packed tells me they were hurried.

It is possible that the pics of their stuff 'not so packed' in the trailer could have been after the search. I didn't see any men from 'Two Men and a Truck' there to repack everything all nice and neat.

It is possible that the pics of their stuff 'not so packed' in the trailer could have been after the search. I didn't see any men from 'Two Men and a Truck' there to repack everything all nice and neat.

:laughing: Nope, sure did not! lol!

Thanks Betty P!

Sooooo, LM has to submit to random drug testing. . . To me, just an opinion, this points this case leaning toward drugs too.

Curious if he was drug-tested through his job that he lost due to publicity? There seem to be quite a few coincidences regarding recent events.

<modsnip>
BBM
That makes the timing of these murders stand out even more. Coupled with LM's statement that they asked HR to sign away her parental rights to SW a couple of weeks before the murders. Then JW going to the hospital to try to determine if the child was his. Hmmm...
looks like they intended to take SW with them on that move one way or another.

Thanks Betty P!

Sooooo, LM has to submit to random drug testing. . . To me, just an opinion, this points this case leaning toward drugs too.

Curious if he was drug-tested through his job that he lost due to publicity? There seem to be quite a few coincidences regarding recent events.

Woah Nelly! Since when has LM been subject to drug testing? And if you meant JM, same question.

I believe LM is retired. And again, if you meant JM, who said he lost his job from publicity?

Woah Nelly! Since when has LM been subject to drug testing? And if you meant JM, same question.

I believe LM is retired. And again, if you meant JM, who said he lost his job from publicity?

I believe as of Monday at the end of the hearing. You have to see BettyP's links regarding random drug testing on the warrant and click on the link there to access.

Today there were 2 drug counselors in PA that overdosed at the same time at the same facility. Ohio's state coroner said in an interview today that they are running out of room at the state's morgue from so many overdoses. Depressing.

What photos?? I must've missed them

We have a few locals on here that, over 27 threads, have posted a few pics of the area. We've had photos of the actual properties posted, to give us a better roadside visual to compare with the Ariel views.

BBM
That makes the timing of these murders stand out even more. Coupled with LM's statement that they asked HR to sign away her parental rights to SW a couple of weeks before the murders. Then JW going to the hospital to try to determine if the child was his. Hmmm...

According to what? He hasn't even been called a suspect/poi so now he's a murderer?

Here's a timeline I put together for the recent events in the case, based on interviews with BB, the friend of JW on whose farm JW stored his trailers.

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Pike County LE place a GPS tracking device on truck owned by James Manley, brother of Dana Manley Rhoden. LE claims it was placed there because the truck was related to an aggravated murder case

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ng-pike-county-massacre-case-court/101773632/

Friday, April 28, 2017

11:35 am - James Manley finds and removes tracking device and destroys it

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ng-pike-county-massacre-case-court/101773632/

About May 5, 2017

Jacob Wagner asks ___ Brown if he can store some trailers on his property. He tells him his farm is sold and he and his brother have found good paying jobs &#8220;up north&#8221; and are moving there. He needs to move out of farm for new owners. He drops the 3 trailers at the Brown property "a week before the search".

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...assacre-more-search-details-emerge/101713414/

May 5 &#8211; May 12, 2017

Sometime after dropping off 3 trailers loaded with furniture and personal possessions, JW and family leave the area. Later posts on FB show photos of them in a location resembling areas in Alaska or Canada.

Friday, May 12, 2017

Abt 11 am - PCSO, BCI, Adams County SO, Ohio Dept of Corrections STAR and other Ohio LE agencies conduct a search at properties related to Jacob Wagner & family.

260 Peterson Rd, Peebles, OH &#8211; farm formerly owned by Wagner&#8217;s parents, where JW resided with his mother, father, brother, daughter SRW and daughter of his brother G.

Unlimited Motors, St Hwy 41, Peebles, OH &#8211; Auto repair business and farm of ___ Brown, friend of J W

There was a gap of 1 to 2 weeks between the time JM destroyed the GPS tracker and JW leaving the area with his family. That should have been enough time to question JW and possibly arrest him before he left. If LE was able to arrest JM for removing the tracking device on his truck, surely they could have found a way to detain JW.

If they did find anything of importance during the searches last weekend, they should arrange to find JW and arrest him.

BBM
They could have told them they weren't talking to them w/o their lawyers present, and if they wanted to set foot on the property, go get a proper search warrant (I would and I've murdered no one.). The wheels of justice can move slowly sometimes, so, that little bit of time could have given them their head start to head north. It doesn't look as if they took a lot. They only had to make it across the Canadian border, and hop a plane. I bet they all had visas in hand. As OP said, they'd joined the Seward groups, and other AK groups, so they had contacts. They may have joined them a few days before the newborn arrived, but they didn't put the house up for sale until, I'm guessing here, that they found out that JW was not the father of the newborn (August, 2016). I think they were just waiting to see if K was his or not. HMR even went on vacation with them early in their relationship. Idk what was the ultimate cause of the break up, but it seemed he hoped she'd come back. His comment stuck w/me:
He wants to ensure she gets to know her tow-headed big sister who loves tea parties, getting her fingernails painted and swinging and playing on the extensive play areas Wagner has built at their house. It's a home where Wagner once hoped HMR would come back eventually, bringing K.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...s-all-weve-got-left-just-those-kids/85231530/

One thing that does nag me about JM: Why wasn't he already headed to work that day? He had a two hour drive. They didn't find the bodies, according to BJM, until at least 7 a.m.

ETA: It does look strange on several levels, however, if my child's maternal family had been slaughtered just a few miles away, and I had the means to make a new start, someplace else that I thought I'd like, I'd move too. It would not be AK, it would be further south...

I think you very well could be correct. If anyone on here has had their stuff thoroughly searched, home or car, it pretty much looks like those trailers when they're done. j.s. :trainwreck:

Thanks Betty P!

BBM
It's actually JM, as conditions for his release on bond. I've not heard that LM has to submit to drug testing. I could have missed that one though.

https://www.mydaytondailynews.com/news/crime--law/what-next-the-pike-county-murders-
investigation/a6QrYNyNPrhYMbDxMiPJKP/

Manley, 40, was released Wednesday from Ross County Jail after his wife posted 10 percent of his $80,000 bond. He will be subject to random drug tests as part of his release.

BBM
It's actually JM, as conditions for his release on bond. I've not heard that LM has to submit to drug testing. I could have missed that one though.

https://www.mydaytondailynews.com/news/crime--law/what-next-the-pike-county-murders-

Manley, 40, was released Wednesday from Ross County Jail after his wife posted 10 percent of his $80,000 bond. He will be subject to random drug tests as part of his release.
Thanks for clarifying that. Now if I only understood how we know JW's plan to move was in the works 4 days before the murder.

BBM

One thing that does nag me about JM: Why wasn't he already headed to work that day? He had a two hour drive. They didn't find the bodies, according to BJM, until at least 7 a.m.

I don't recall seeing where JM was working at the time of the murders.
The one place Lima, OH that he was working at recently would have been more like 3 hours each way on a good day and probably more.
I would be surprised if he doing that as a daily commute between the time and 30 or 40 bucks in gas each day that truck would go through.

Just guessing that he may have been staying near the work site during the week and came home on weekends. That is what I did when I used to work @200 miles from home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BBM

And since the charges were dropped, he is no longer subject to drug testing.

We have a few locals on here that, over 27 threads, have posted a few pics of the area. We've had photos of the actual properties posted, to give us a better roadside visual to compare with the Ariel views.

Ohh ok must've missed it thanks for explaining!

According to what? He hasn't even been called a suspect/poi so now he's a murderer?

BBM

Do you see me saying he is a murderer in this post? Do you see the word suspect in it? All you see is me putting together a few thoughts.

But just so we are clear. I think JW is in it up to his ears. As is his parents. That is my opinion only. And since I am not working at BCI or PCSO or any other law enforcement agency, my opinion counts about as much as yours does. And that would be nada.

I'm not sure any charges we're dropped if you're talking about JM?

A Pike County judge dismissed charges of evidence tampering and vandalism tied to the investigation into the Rhoden family massacre Monday afternoon, sending the case to a grand jury.
Boulger said if the grand jury indicts his client, he then will start the discovery process -- which would likely force the state to unseal the warrant and the affidavit related to the tracking device.
"The affidavit is where the juice is,'' Boulger said. "They have done all of this behind closed doors.&#8217;"
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2017/05/22/rhoden-evidence-tampering-court-today/102003386/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jboo1119