OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an earthquake NE of Piketon at McArthur, Ohio Magnitude 3.4 at 12:25

BBM
These things would play out the most for me and the last sentence is why I would have to be recused from a death penalty case. I'd hope that I could sit them down, somewhere safe, and talk to them about turning themselves in, but, as you state, if they've killed once, they may kill again, and the safety of my s/o, kids, and grandkids would be uppermost in my thoughts, if the family member knew, that we knew, what they'd done. So I'd have to think of a way to tread lightly. There are cases that they call, the heat of passion, or heat of the moment, but I don't see the Rhoden/Gilley case as the same as that. I could talk to someone about the former. I'd have to really think about my family, if it were a case of the latter. If this person has killed eight of us, they'll kill a few more, no problem.

Note, just to wind up the case I used as example:
In the case that's affecting the other side of my family, a child ran for help, so no one was put into this predicament at a later date. It was all instantaneous. I know that my family member loves their family, and their cousin, who died, as well. It was a tragedy all the way around. The parents who lost the child, firmly believed that the other family members had something to do with it and that LE was wrong. It had brewed for over a year between siblings. It came to a head right after the announcement was made that the death was natural causes.

BBM
I don't think JM is covering for a family member. I don't think he is the killer either. I think he is withholding information that LE needs to make a case against the killers to cover his own hiney. That is why they are calling him a witness. He has seen or has knowledge of things that are pertinent to the prosecution of the case against the killers. And I don't think he is doing that to protect his family. I think the only thing he is afraid of is going to prison for a long time.

Or they're really on vacation and are not sitting on their phones all day and are spending time with their kids/grandkids

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I was just wondering. Why do you think LE searched the W's properties? And why do you think they confiscated that enclosed trailer belonging to them? Just curious.

They didn't drag all that specialized personnel out there for warm bodies to search either. That's what auxiliary personnel is for. Those specialized units, SWAT, Drug task force, ect have one job to do and that is the job they are trained for.

The Franklin county sheriff said he sent his SWAT team out to search for suspects. But after talking to BCI he quickly went public and said he was wrong, he sent them out to search for evidence. Yeah, right. I don't believe for a second he didn't know why he was sending his own team out on a site. Those guys have to be informed as to why they are there before they go out. To me his first statement was the truth and that means that someone in the W family is a suspect, and they fully expected that suspect to be present and to offer some resistance. Maybe even use a child as a hostage. I think BCI hushed him up and are keeping it low key now because they fear for the safety of that child/children who are on that "vacation". We haven't heard another peep out of reporters about those searches either so I think they too have been warned off that story, maybe with the promise of a larger story later.

As far as the Highway 23 drug task force, they were there to find evidence of drug trafficking and for no other reason. Did they find evidence? Only time will tell, but they sure had to have a reason to expect they would, or they would not have been there. Then there is that trailer they towed belonging to the W's. What was in it that they needed to get it back to the crime lab?

We too have gotten sidetracked by the JM story. I believe that LE suspects JM has information and they did put a tracker on his truck to see where he was going. But his arrest for taking it off, coming over a week after they knew it had been taken off, was a diversion tactic to get the focus off those searches on W's property.

I am leaning toward CR1, KR, JM, the W's and maybe others being in a criminal activity involving drug trafficking. I think the W's were the ones who ran it all and CR1, KR and JM were paid to store it or maybe take it a short distance. Like to St. Paris, Lima, or Columbus Ohio. Or bring it from one of those places in a car bought at an auction and store it for safekeeping until it could be moved further down the line, maybe in a horse trailer that is going to a horse show. I believe the R's, M's and W's were connected in this ring and maybe others also. We don't know how big it is but according to Charlie Reader it is big.

We have no way of knowing if they kept any of those cars they towed. They could have kept a few "special" ones that tested positive for drugs having been in them.

BBM

Agree w/first three. Last sentence, I think that it is possible that the your theory on the Ws and Rs could be a possibility. This could be a valid theory, but the murders still have nothing to do with drugs, at the end of the day. Reader said the murders had nothing to do with drugs but the murders had opened crime that they'd not formerly known about (loosely quoting).

I think they were tipped off by JM when he told them he found a tracker on his truck. The date he found it and the date they left is pretty close. Then again he could have found it a day or so earlier, told them, then waited for them to get out of town before destroying it.

The animals is one of the things fishy about that "vacation". But they could be paying someone to feed the animals until they are sold. BJM maybe? That seems to be her area of expertise.

I think there's another relative around there too. However, if they had to have all of their property out for the new owners, wouldn't the new owners want all of the animals off of the farm too? It just makes no sense to me. We animals on our farm and if we sold our farm we'd have to have all of those animals off of the farm by the time the new owners took possession. Did they haul them all to a local stockyards? Did the new owners take them as a package deal? Maybe they took them to the Flying W? If a property sold on a 30 day contingency in early March, wouldn't the documents have been completed, and a deed transfer been registered, by now? Curious. I live in a county that doesn't even have a Walmart (not that I'm complaining) and it seems that paperwork is filed within 6-8 weeks.

BBM

Agree w/first three. Last sentence, I think that it is possible that the your theory on the Ws and Rs could be a possibility. This could be a valid theory, but the murders still have nothing to do with drugs, at the end of the day. Reader said the murders had nothing to do with drugs but the murders had opened crime that they'd not formerly known about (loosely quoting).

That would mean that Reader has been telling the truth all along. The murders don't have anything to do with drugs, but has to do with a falling out among the members of a drug trafficking ring. Maybe over the custody of a child?

If as my theory goes the W's were the "Boss Hogg" of the operation, then when they demanded that HR sign away her parental rights and she and CR1 refused, that may have made them furious as they would have seen that as disobedience to someone who was used to their orders being followed to the letter. Couple that with the fact that CR1 may have threatened to bring them all down if they went after custody of SW. I can see that as a motive for murder. After all the W's have a lot to lose, ranch, money, reputation ect.

BBM
I don't think JM is covering for a family member. I don't think he is the killer either. I think he is withholding information that LE needs to make a case against the killers to cover his own hiney. That is why they are calling him a witness. He has seen or has knowledge of things that are pertinent to the prosecution of the case against the killers. And I don't think he is doing that to protect his family. I think the only thing he is afraid of is going to prison for a long time.

Maybe, but if he goes to prison for a long time, who will care for his family? What could happen to them? Will it implicate AM? They said she was on the phone w/DR that night. Will his whole family come under fire. Is he holding tight b/c he fears that? I don't know the man so I can't say but I'd fear prison, but I'd fear even more if my wife and child were left unprotected, and they thought they may know something too. If it is as big as they say it is, then they should be offering the M family some sort of protection. What that could be, I don't know, b/c it doesn't seem that they have the manpower for that. I know folks who have been in the middle of things and have gone to prison for their part, and have kept their mouths shut. They felt they earned their time there, LE caught them fair and square but LE could go catch the others fair and square. I've also known folks around here who've tried to get out of the middle of things and ended up dead. Someone higher up, set them up, and killed them (they walked, btw.). The allure of fast money has been the end of a lot of folks.

That would mean that Reader has been telling the truth all along. The murders don't have anything to do with drugs, but has to do with a falling out among the members of a drug trafficking ring. Maybe over the custody of a child?

If as my theory goes the W's were the "Boss Hogg" of the operation, then when they demanded that HR sign away her parental rights and she and CR1 refused, that may have made them furious as they would have seen that as disobedience to someone who was used to their orders being followed to the letter. Couple that with the fact that CR1 may have threatened to bring them all down if they went after custody of SW. I can see that as a motive for murder. After all the W's have a lot to lose, ranch, money, reputation ect.
Excellent analysis. You guys are brilliant with your observations. A motive that ties it all together. Something always seems to prick up my ears when I read the Rhoden thread, thanks to everyone who posts here.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I think we're toying with the same theory. I'm not 100% sold that JM has anything to do with it though. Is it possible he was used? I think that's possible. Is it b/c I don't want him to have been in on it? Yes. I admit that too. I think it is odd that JW changed the color of his hair at that time period too. Does it mean he had anything to do with this? Not in and of itself, no. Could be another freaky coincidence. There's a whole bunch of them.

ETA: In that Reader interview, one of the folks who came in early, from FBI or BCI (can't remember off hand), said it wasn't about drugs too.

Well, it's earthquakes for ya'll and tornado watches for us. If I drop off of here, it means I've probably been swept away.

There was an earthquake NE of Piketon at McArthur, Ohio Magnitude 3.4 at 12:25

Live with earthquakes all the time....south of Wichita, KS....they are always scary. I hope all are okay.

I think we're toying with the same theory. I'm not 100% sold that JM has anything to do with it though. Is it possible he was used? I think that's possible. Is it b/c I don't want him to have been in on it? Yes. I admit that too. I think it is odd that JW changed the color of his hair at that time period too. Does it mean he had anything to do with this? Not in and of itself, no. Could be another freaky coincidence. There's a whole bunch of them.

ETA: In that Reader interview, one of the folks who came in early, from FBI or BCI (can't remember off hand), said it wasn't about drugs too.

BBM

I think it is possible that the R's and M's were paid to move the drugs across the state of Ohio maybe. From south to north or vice versa. JM went to work over 2 hours away every day. So did KR. CR1 bought cars and hauled them back, sometimes from long distances. They may have been paid to store them also. I think the W's were the main players e.g. bringing them in and moving them along the pipeline, since that seems to be where the money is.

Well, it's earthquakes for ya'll and tornado watches for us. If I drop off of here, it means I've probably been swept away.

Above all be safe. Keep an eye on the sky, the saying goes.

I have both earthquakes and tornadoes here. Fracking.

Live with earthquakes all the time....south of Wichita, KS....they are always scary. I hope all are okay.

It is getting ridiculous around here, isn't it? I will take a tornado any day, you can hide from them at least.

I think they were tipped off by JM when he told them he found a tracker on his truck. The date he found it and the date they left is pretty close. Then again he could have found it a day or so earlier, told them, then waited for them to get out of town before destroying it.

The animals is one of the things fishy about that "vacation". But they could be paying someone to feed the animals until they are sold. BJM maybe? That seems to be her area of expertise.

Here's a timeline I put together for the recent events in the case, based on interviews with BB, the friend of JW on whose farm JW stored his trailers.

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Pike County LE place a GPS tracking device on truck owned by James Manley, brother of Dana Manley Rhoden. LE claims it was placed there because the truck was related to an aggravated murder case

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ng-pike-county-massacre-case-court/101773632/

Friday, April 28, 2017

11:35 am - James Manley finds and removes tracking device and destroys it

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ng-pike-county-massacre-case-court/101773632/

About May 5, 2017

Jacob Wagner asks ___ Brown if he can store some trailers on his property. He tells him his farm is sold and he and his brother have found good paying jobs “up north” and are moving there. He needs to move out of farm for new owners. He drops the 3 trailers at the Brown property "a week before the search".

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...assacre-more-search-details-emerge/101713414/

May 5 – May 12, 2017

Sometime after dropping off 3 trailers loaded with furniture and personal possessions, JW and family leave the area. Later posts on FB show photos of them in a location resembling areas in Alaska or Canada.

Friday, May 12, 2017

Abt 11 am - PCSO, BCI, Adams County SO, Ohio Dept of Corrections STAR and other Ohio LE agencies conduct a search at properties related to Jacob Wagner & family.

260 Peterson Rd, Peebles, OH – farm formerly owned by Wagner’s parents, where JW resided with his mother, father, brother, daughter SRW and daughter of his brother G.

Unlimited Motors, St Hwy 41, Peebles, OH – Auto repair business and farm of ___ Brown, friend of J W

There was a gap of 1 to 2 weeks between the time JM destroyed the GPS tracker and JW leaving the area with his family. That should have been enough time to question JW and possibly arrest him before he left. If LE was able to arrest JM for removing the tracking device on his truck, surely they could have found a way to detain JW.

If they did find anything of importance during the searches last weekend, they should arrange to find JW and arrest him.

Above all be safe. Keep an eye on the sky, the saying goes.

I have both earthquakes and tornadoes here. Fracking.

We have tremors on a rare occasion. There's so many underground rivers and springs and such that we get sinkholes too. Never know where one will open up! We've been lucky and only had a small one that we were able to fill in and mark the spot. Tornadoes have become common but I was in a vehicle, watching one wreak havoc, during the '73 outbreak so I don't get too complacent.

Here's a timeline I put together for the recent events in the case, based on interviews with BB, the friend of JW on whose farm JW stored his trailers.

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Pike County LE place a GPS tracking device on truck owned by James Manley, brother of Dana Manley Rhoden. LE claims it was placed there because the truck was related to an aggravated murder case

Friday, April 28, 2017

11:35 am - James Manley finds and removes tracking device and destroys it

About May 5, 2017

Jacob Wagner asks ___ Brown if he can store some trailers on his property. He tells him his farm is sold and he and his brother have found good paying jobs “up north” and are moving there. He needs to move out of farm for new owners. He drops the 3 trailers at the Brown property "a week before the search".

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...assacre-more-search-details-emerge/101713414/

May 5 – May 12, 2017

Sometime after dropping off 3 trailers loaded with furniture and personal possessions, JW and family leave the area. Later posts on FB show photos of them in a location resembling areas in Alaska or Canada.

Friday, May 12, 2017

Abt 11 am - PCSO, BCI, Adams County SO, Ohio Dept of Corrections STAR and other Ohio LE agencies conduct a search at properties related to Jacob Wagner & family.

260 Peterson Rd, Peebles, OH – farm formerly owned by Wagner’s parents, where JW resided with his mother, father, brother, daughter SRW and daughter of his brother G.

Unlimited Motors, St Hwy 41, Peebles, OH – Auto repair business and farm of ___ Brown, friend of J W

There was a gap of 1 to 2 weeks between the time JM destroyed the GPS tracker and JW leaving the area with his family. That should have been enough time to question JW and possibly arrest him before he left. If LE was able to arrest JM for removing the tracking device on his truck, surely they could have found a way to detain JW.

If they did find anything of importance during the searches last weekend, they should arrange to find JW and arrest him.

BBM
Don't forget the drive. It is 4073 miles from Peebles Ohio to Seward Alaska. That is about the same distance it is from here to Alaska (a few miles less). We drove it and it took us just over 5 days. That was with two adults that were used to traveling long distances driving around 75 miles an hour. With two small children you couldn't travel as far in a day and I would think you would have to stop more frequently. They also may be hauling a trailer with possessions in it. That would put them leaving around May 5, or around the time they left the trailers on BB's property.

They may already be looking for them. Alaska is a huge state.

BBM

I think it is possible that the R's and M's were paid to move the drugs across the state of Ohio maybe. From south to north or vice versa. JM went to work over 2 hours away every day. So did KR. CR1 bought cars and hauled them back, sometimes from long distances. They may have been paid to store them also. I think the W's were the main players e.g. bringing them in and moving them along the pipeline, since that seems to be where the money is.

I remember them talking about him going all over with those cars. Detroit and everywhere. I'm leaning more that JM knew about it but was not an active participant. They may have texted him to see if he'd known something about where their targets were since DR worked late, and then he had AM call her house to pump her after she saw that she was online. I think they used him for info and he feels like a rat. There's not a lot of jobs in that area so working at the same type of work that his father had, for years, two hours away, doesn't make me suspicious of him. My father drove a long drive to work, for thirty years, and we had the farm (we helped out on the farm too). He just looked like a haunted man in his mugshot. If he was working for them, I don't see that it benefited him, or his family, in much of any way. A 20 year old truck? The Rs were at least enjoying a fairly expensive hobby. I'm not 100% that they were all into something but it's a reasonable theory. The Ws are gone, the Rs are gone, and the Ms have nowhere to go, so they're being targeted to talk. A lot of the Ws have CDL license too but it doesn't seem that they hired out often though. They had their own trucks. Did it not work out or was it for hauling those critters, or other reasons? They liked things with big engines and big tires too.

It is getting ridiculous around here, isn't it? I will take a tornado any day, you can hide from them at least.

Wow, sorry you and MsJ are going through that! I didn't realize it was that bad in Kansas. Tornadoes are very scary but you learn that they normally have a path they follow. It can be really bad for folks in trailers, or who have no basement. Now watch one vary and scoop me up...

Most of us have been confused over the last week about the searches, arrest of JM and subsequent decision of the PIke Co prosecutor and judge to drop charges and move his case to a grand jury.

I took the liberty of contacting our Websleuths volunteer legal experts who are verified attorneys. Hopefully one of them will soon drop by to help us interpret the legal activities related to JM. I'm currently searching online for copies of the warrant documents that LE gave to LM during JM's arrest. The only link I have is to a photo of them on Jody Barr's twitter feed. Anyone have a better quality source?

Links to JM's case info

Vandalism

http://www.pikecountycourt.org/cgi-bin/mcaseno.cgi?num=1700417&sub=B&pre=CRA&type=CR&acc=&showbd=

Tampering w/ Evidience

http://www.pikecountycourt.org/cgi-bin/mcaseno.cgi?pre=CRA&num=1700417&sub=A&type=CR&acc=

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members