OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly yep. Could be got rid of easily.
I don't see how they could avoid spreading bloody footprints, granted shoes can be easily destroyed. Bloody footprints might help LE some. But if they got a lot of blood on their person, they got to clean up somewhere before returning home. Got to make sure weapons are gone, vehicles cleaned up.
Then return to their normal life and pretend they know nothing, after all they done. Thats a pretty tall order. Anyone they were around would almost have to notice something different in their demeanor, I would think.

Boots or shoes, blood on the floor, wouldn't there be a bloody footprint or two?

The paper like coveralls go over the shoes, there may be footprints but they would be just blobs. The coverall has a hood which has a cord around the face so no hairs get into the spray painted duco. You would just take them home and put them in the fireplace, gone in seconds.

Possibly yep. Could be got rid of easily.
I don't see how they could avoid spreading bloody footprints, granted shoes can be easily destroyed. Bloody footprints might help LE some. But if they got a lot of blood on their person, they got to clean up somewhere before returning home. Got to make sure weapons are gone, vehicles cleaned up.
Then return to their normal life and pretend they know nothing, after all they done. Thats a pretty tall order. Anyone they were around would almost have to notice something different in their demeanor, I would think.

Pair of work overalls, muck style rubber boots from Wally World, and a pair of gloves (blend right in as if you'd been working if anyone sees you out). Last time I was on 32, it was late in the afternoon, on a holiday weekend, and traffic was practically nil (much the same as the highways into the mountains here). Now 23 had state boys, and other LE, pulling vehicles over left and right all the way to Chillicothe. There's a rest stop right up from UHR, it couldn't get much more deserted than the afternoon we went through. Might've stopped in there, shucked off the coveralls, put them in trash bags, washed hands and faces, and headed out.

If KR was last, he's over 200' off the road. Take off the coveralls, have jeans and a T under them, or ready to put on, rinse off their hands, put on their regular shoes, and head on home.

I was talking about my adult kids and not keeping track of their comings and goings after they reached adulthood, when they had to move back in for a bit. If my kids had come home early in the a.m., and run the hose outside, came in started the shower, and threw clothes in the washer, I'd have stuck my head out of the bedroom door and yelled, What on earth are ya'll doing? If they'd said, We got our truck stuck, or had a flat, and got mud all over us. We hosed off outside, and stripped off our muddy clothes so we wouldn't track it inside. I'd have said, Okay, glad ya'll made it in okay, hope you didn't damage your truck, goodnight! And that would have been it. I'd have probably thought they were being thoughtful by not tromping through the house in muddy clothes. When I woke up and see the news the next morning, I'd have been very thankful that my kids had not stayed over at the Rhoden's the night before. I'd never in a million years have thought that my kids (no matter their age) would ever do something like that. Especially if it was the mother of their child, and her family.

They left no dna, that is hairs mainly. hairs fall out all day, every day, so they had to have been wearing something that stopped that. I am going with the auto body spray painting coveralls which went over their shoes, so no sole prints, no hair dropping and gloves. Took them off before getting in the vehicle so there was no blood in the vehicle, put them in a paper bag and threw them in the fire when they got home.

They left no dna, that is hairs mainly. hairs fall out all day, every day, so they had to have been wearing something that stopped that. I am going with the auto body spray painting coveralls which went over their shoes, so no sole prints, no hair dropping and gloves. Took them off before getting in the vehicle so there was no blood in the vehicle, put them in a paper bag and threw them in the fire when they got home.

I agree that might work with one crime scene, but there were four. At three different places so they would have had to do that x3. Put them on, go to CR1's, granted they could walk to FR's but would have needed the car to get to DR's, then again to KR's, then again to their home.

I didn't remember that they'd said that there was no dna found at the sites. I'm sure there was plenty of dna in those trailers, but the large majority of it is going to belong to the Rhodens, HHG, and close friends, and family members. BJM walked through a blood soaked den, down the hall and to the bedroom and lifted a cover draped over CR1, then went to FR's, walked into the bedroom, reached into the bed, got the baby and toddler and left. DS went into the KR's trailer, and wandered around the property, before dialing 911. Since one of my top theories is that this was done by someone well-known to them, and their dna would be common to the homes, dna wouldn't really help them all that much. It likely won't even be in CODIS. DeWine said in the beginning that this is like an "old fashioned" detective story. I took that to mean that modern means weren't going to play a huge role in solving this, that it will be a complicated puzzle to put together (So far it seems that part has held true).

Anyone catch DeWine on the Bill Cunningham show today on WLW? Cunningham asked if the Piketon murders were closer to being solved than this time last year. Long pause before DeWine answered. Then Bill asked him if he thought the crimes would be solved by the end of the year. Looooooong looooong pause before he answered.

I'm going to listen to the podcast this evening so I can get his replies, word for word.

Boots or shoes, blood on the floor, wouldn't there be a bloody footprint or two?

Interesting line of thought. Quite certain that any blood found in any of the scenes was analyzed. If the same killer went from one site to another, they would likely have left some traces. Something undoubtedly logged in some LE file at this time.

I think we are assuming facts not in evidence. How do we know that anyone left no dna?

I think that the bigger issue has always been that those trailers, like any home, would be chock full of dna, from family, friends, chance repair people who might have been in there and any time, prior owners of any used furniture, etc, etc. Unless some clear dna sample pointed to a complete and total stranger (who could be identified in some system), dna really wouldn't be of much help. Shoe prints, or tire prints might be somewhat more helpful as they are continually being washed away and new ones made--narrowing down the timeline when they might have been made.

Now--if Rhoden dna, and more specifically blood, showed up in a vehicle or someone else's property, well that might be helpful.

BTW--it does seem as though a well-planned murder would include some means of disposing of clothing and other evidence--so I like burning the coveralls. But LE seemed to be doing a lot of digging and metal detecting. So maybe they (and possibly a weapon) were hoping they were still around.

Anyone catch DeWine on the Bill Cunningham show today on WLW? Cunningham asked if the Piketon murders were closer to being solved than this time last year. Long pause before DeWine answered. Then Bill asked him if he thought the crimes would be solved by the end of the year. Looooooong looooong pause before he answered.

I'm going to listen to the podcast this evening so I can get his replies, word for word.

Nothing to be gained by tipping his hand.

The land is pretty obviously vacant (at least it was a couple days ago) but no deed has been filed. Other homes that have sold in the area recently have already been updated into the system. Either something has gone "sideways" as OP said, or wheels are just moving slowly. Seems they were in a rush though to have everything out of there by a specific date for the new owners, of course some folks are not very accommodating and want your stuff out yesterday, no matter the move in date.

I did some research using my realtor access and Wagners bought the property in February of 2014 the Mechanics lien of $5922.00 was placed on the property in December of 2016. So that had nothing to do with the actual sale. I 2015 they took out a revolving credit loan using the property as collateral for $75,000.

It was sold in March of 2017 to a couple (not sure if I can publish there names or initials so I redacted them on the document) using a conventional loan of $132,000 with 20% down. The remainder of the lien was also paid of and released. A full Warranty deed has been filed, it just has not appeared on public record yet.

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AmhUxzdCU7IOga5MEhQ9HII1qgDtmA

Also just as an FYI when a property is sold under land contract (which this was not) you still get a deed it is called a Contract for Deed or CD. The title is held in the owners name until all payments are made then at that point it is transferred into the buyers name. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask or message me :)

Has anyone else seen this? Jody Barr just put this out. It's not about the Rhoden/Gilley murders, but it does make one think about where items could be hidden and how long it could take to solve this. I hope a YouTube link is allowed.

[video=youtube;7h5CbYh7GTo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h5CbYh7GTo[/video]

I did some research using my realtor access and Wagners bought the property in February of 2014 the Mechanics lien of $5922.00 was placed on the property in December of 2016. So that had nothing to do with the actual sale. I 2015 they took out a revolving credit loan using the property as collateral for $75,000.

It was sold in March of 2017 to a couple (not sure if I can publish there names or initials so I redacted them on the document) using a conventional loan of $132,000 with 20% down. The remainder of the lien was also paid of and released. A full Warranty deed has been filed, it just has not appeared on public record yet.

Also just as an FYI when a property is sold under land contract (which this was not) you still get a deed it is called a Contract for Deed or CD. The title is held in the owners name until all payments are made then at that point it is transferred into the buyers name. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask or message me :)

Thank you!

Has anyone else seen this? Jody Barr just put this out. It's not about the Rhoden/Gilley murders, but it does make one think about where items could be hidden and how long it could take to solve this. I hope a YouTube link is allowed.

[video=youtube;7h5CbYh7GTo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h5CbYh7GTo[/video]

Thank you for this RSD. It's interesting to say the least. And Reader looks and sounds just like his brother the sheriff! With a few pounds on him. Surely they've been able to obtain the evidence found in that well. That to me sounds like a smoking gun. However, sounds like the men supposedly involved are already in prison. The only one left is the mother that supposedly ordered the hit. It amazes me that after 10 years the well was just discovered even after they searched the water surrounding that property. If some members of my family had been murdered and the perps not caught, would make me very paranoid. I'm not sure I'd be able to function normally from always wondering if they might come for me.

Very interesting as well. I'm thinking, when the W's bought this property originally, it may have been paid for in cash. If you don't owe anything on a property, losing $10,000 doesn't really seem that big of a deal if you're getting 165K cash in hand. Depending on how frugal and disciplined you are with money, you can live on that for a few years.

Thank you for this RSD. It's interesting to say the least. And Reader looks and sounds just like his brother the sheriff! With a few pounds on him. Surely they've been able to obtain the evidence found in that well. That to me sounds like a smoking gun. However, sounds like the men supposedly involved are already in prison. The only one left is the mother that supposedly ordered the hit. It amazes me that after 10 years the well was just discovered even after they searched the water surrounding that property. If some members of my family had been murdered and the perps not caught, would make me very paranoid. I'm not sure I'd be able to function normally from always wondering if they might come for me.

Yeah it's a bit uncanny about the other Reader, also how they were quite silent on anything regarding the case. Pike county seems to have a lot of murders. I read an article that they tried to get the items out of the well but the way they did it, caused too much pressure and pushed them further down. They're going to try and dig a hole beside that well, go down that one and dig across. This article describes a bit better how the guy found the items and how they're going to try and retrieve them. It's OT but it just interested me b/c there were some similarities. I'm sure that's not the only little well in Pike county, either. :thinking:

http://m.fox19.com/fox19/db_330522/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=x1eglFcV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member