OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

And one more just to show off the beauty of Alaska.

The Kenai River, from what I've seen on tv, is absolutely beautiful! Definitely a place on my bucket list!

The Kenai River, from what I've seen on tv, is absolutely beautiful! Definitely a place on my bucket list!

I participated in a bicycle ride across parts of Alaska a couple of years ago. It was the most beautiful and amazing place I have ever been. I loved the Kenai peninsula.

Here nor there ...I was saying either way they were not meant to store stuff in.they are meant to haul in ..and they would not hold water.
I could not see them removing a tarp if it was there, easier to open the back and pull it out ..tossing stuff back In The same way..pulling a tarp off isn't easy. Heavy and bulky. My guess none was on
to begin with.

[emoji237]Always My Own Opinion[emoji4]

I'm sorry, I didn't really mean it in that way. Everything looks all out of sort though b/c had it had a tarp, I'd not be surprised if it was left off of or just draped over the top when they were done. I'd really not be too surprised if it wasn't put back in the trailers and left for the relatives to put back in or for BB to handle. We don't know that they didn't pack stuff w/care, and with intention to retrieve it, but we don't know that they did pack it with care either. It seems they're people of means so if they weren't going to retrieve it, calling a local charity to come get them would have been an idea, and it would have dispersed everything, making LE unable to search through them. Either way it doesn't seem they're too concerned about the items or those very expensive trucks and trailers.

I participated in a bicycle ride across parts of Alaska a couple of years ago. It was the most beautiful and amazing place I have ever been. I loved the Kenai peninsula.

Most folks I've met who've been there, are like you, very taken with AK. I was looking at what kind of OTR jobs there were in AK and discovered that there aren't as many trucking jobs as people think there are. I was surprised. I didn't realize what a long growing season they had and how much food they produced there. They really only need truckers like the ice road trucking type. I was reading that a lot of folks thought that they trucked foodstuffs into the state and made that mistake in looking for OTR jobs of that type.

Me too. I would go back in a heartbeat. But I wouldn't drive again especially across Canada. Just out of curiosity did you visit the Exit Glacier? Also did you figure out what the deal with the ice cream is? lol We never figured it out.

Most folks I've met who've been there, are like you, very taken with AK. I was looking at what kind of OTR jobs there were in AK and discovered that there aren't as many trucking jobs as people think there are. I was surprised. I didn't realize what a long growing season they had and how much food they produced there. They really only need truckers like the ice road trucking type. I was reading that a lot of folks thought that they trucked foodstuffs into the state and made that mistake in looking for OTR jobs of that type.

i happened to be near Anchorage during 2 weeks of the midnight sun and it was light 24 hours a day. Amazing how large the vegetables grow with all that daylight. My friends who live in Anchorage eat lots of fish, especially salmon. The Alaska residents are allowed to pull in as much salmon as they want during the 3 weeks when they are running (swimming? Swimming downstream? I don't know the terminology) so many people have more than one freezer full of salmon. They use huge nets and pull in an unbelievable amount of salmon.

Me too. I would go back in a heartbeat. But I wouldn't drive again especially across Canada. Just out of curiosity did you visit the Exit Glacier? Also did you figure out what the deal with the ice cream is? lol We never figured it out.

Yes! We did visit Exit Glacier, it is blue and you can actually hear it crackle as it moves. I got some really nice photos there.

I don't know about the ice cream though.

I think all the trucking companies would be around Fairbanks. They do regular runs up north above the Arctic Circle. You don't see many semis on the highway because of the mountains.

Yes! We did visit Exit Glacier, it is blue and you can actually hear it crackle as it moves. I got some really nice photos there.

I don't know about the ice cream though.

We never figured it out either, but stores would post signs beside the highway for miles in advance advertising "We have ice cream!" Then the gas stations would advertise "Fill up your tank and get a free ice cream cone". We watched TV and they would advertise "Come on down and test drive a car and we will give you a free ice cream cone." This was in early May so it was not hot there, in fact it was still snowing in places. So naturally hubby and I had to try an ice cream cone because we thought it might be really special with all the advertising. Tasted just like what we have at home.

The Exit Glacier is a brilliant blue, unlike any blue I have ever seen. I have photos also but they just don't do justice to the color.

We never figured it out either, but stores would post signs beside the highway for miles in advance advertising "We have ice cream!" Then the gas stations would advertise "Fill up your tank and get a free ice cream cone". We watched TV and they would advertise "Come on down and test drive a car and we will give you a free ice cream cone." This was in early May so it was not hot there, in fact it was still snowing in places. So naturally hubby and I had to try an ice cream cone because we thought it might be really special with all the advertising. Tasted just like what we have at home.

The Exit Glacier is a brilliant blue, unlike any blue I have ever seen. I have photos also but they just don't do justice to the color.

Agree about the brilliant blue. There's no way to describe it to someone, everyone needs to see it in person.

I only dream of living in Alaska for 1 winter! I want to see what real snow is like. I watch "Buying Alaska" and I can't believe how blue the river looks.

Haha....I was chuckling to myself when I posted this... I thought some of you might notice. I have one of that inland bay also. And that highway they were on.

I was wondering, hmmmm, where have I seen that before? :thinking:
:laughing:

So, just out of curiosity, for those of you who have been to AK, and it sounds amazing, would it be easy to land a job and make a new start from scratch w/a little startup cash, if one were to want to do that? My friends that lived there, and loved it, were in the military, so they had jobs going into the state. They only left b/c of a transfer.

So, just out of curiosity, for those of you who have been to AK, and it sounds amazing, would it be easy to land a job and make a new start from scratch w/a little startup cash, if one were to want to do that? My friends that lived there, and loved it, were in the military, so they had jobs going into the state. They only left b/c of a transfer.

In Seward, the fishing industry perhaps. It really isn't that big of a place. In Anchorage and Fairbanks, service industries like restaurants and hotels. Of course if you had enough cash you could go out beside the highway and build a big building with a few goods, a grill, a gas pump and a couple of rooms in back to rent and you would have your own town.

In Seward, the fishing industry perhaps. It really isn't that big of a place. In Anchorage and Fairbanks, service industries like restaurants and hotels. Of course if you had enough cash you could go out beside the highway and build a big building with a few goods, a grill, a gas pump and a couple of rooms in back to rent and you would have your own town.

That's interesting. I guess near the ocean you'd be able to get a job on a fishing boat too if you weren't against going out on the water.

Just a guess...due to the harsh climate for much of the year, I don't think dairy farming would be tenable. That may be partly why ice cream is special there because it is in short supply.

They are fish-related jobs including processing and packing. In tourist areas there are jobs in restaurants and hotels.

Anchorage offers jobs in offices, in healthcare and at the airport which is very busy.

Speaking of healthcare there is a need all over the state for nurses, medics, and other medical staff.

There is a HUGE need for teachers. With teaching jobs in the smaller villages often housing is included.

There are some job search sites specific to Alaska. I've researched this extensively because I would like to relocate there. I work in healthcare so many jobs are available, both in the cities and the villages. I can't move yet because I take care of my parents, who are elderly and have serious health issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member