OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the mortgage information for the 3122 UHR property that CRSr bought for DR.

Scioto, OH DIRECT SEARCH

Land Records Search Document Detail

2016R-1844 MORTGAGE 03-21-2016 09:03 AM $30000.00 11 pages

Parties
RHODEN, CHRISTOPHER GRANTOR
NATIONAL BANK OF ADAMS COUNTY GRANTEE

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If the subcontractor/supplier isn't paid, they must file a "claim of mechanic's lien" in the county where the property is located. The subcontractor/supplier then has typically two to six months to work out a solution with the property owner or file a lawsuit.

I was able to dig up a bit of info on the 260 Peterson Road at www.usalandrecords.com which has records from the Adams county recorder.

On 2/4/2014, the property was transferred to the W brothers for "ONE DOLLAR AND OTHER GOOD AND VALUABLE CONSIDERATION " and recorded as a Mechanic's lien.

On 7/20/2015, a mortgage for $75,000 with First State Bank was recorded.

On 12/16/2016, a Mechanic's lien for $5925 to a 3rd party was recorded.

On 3/17/2017, the mortgage with First State Bank was released and the deed recorded to the buyer of the property.

Are you able to translate that into simple language? I for one don't understand what all that means.

According to a real estate website, the Wagner's Peterson Road farm sold in March for $165,000 - $10,000 less than what they bought it for in 2014. Dozens of state and local investigators used metal detectors and dug in areas on the property and they towed two red all-terrain vehicles from the area as well.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/05/15/rhoden-massacre-more-search-details-emerge/101713414/

But they didn't buy the property for $175,000 in 2014, so what gives? What service did the W brothers provide worth $175,000 to the previous property owner for which the previous property owner couldn't pay them (hence the mechanic's lean)? Who owned that land previously? CRsenior or JW's grandparents?

According to a real estate website, the Wagner's Peterson Road farm sold in March for $165,000 - $10,000 less than what they bought it for in 2014. Dozens of state and local investigators used metal detectors and dug in areas on the property and they towed two red all-terrain vehicles from the area as well.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/05/15/rhoden-massacre-more-search-details-emerge/101713414/

But they didn't buy the property for $175,000 in 2014, so what gives? What service did the W brothers provide worth $175,000 to the previous property owner for which the previous property owner couldn't pay them (hence the mechanic's lean)?

A peppercorn sale. A transfer of title from ? parents.

Are you able to translate that into simple language? I for one don't understand what all that means.

The price that the W brothers paid was not recorded and could have been anything.

They took out a mortgage on the property well after they bought it. Could have used the money for about anything.

They sold the property on 3/17/17. And paid off the mortgage.

It is possible to avoid the escrow in some mortgage situations.
Usually that would involve a conventional mortgage with a loan to value lower than 80% and the lender being ok with it. For any FHA or USDA mortgages, escrow is a requirement afaik.

Not true. I've owned 5 homes and I have always paid my own taxes and insurance. My dad taught me never pay interest on taxes or insurance and I haven't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 175K may or may have been in cash or could have been fair market value of the property. If it was cash, a mortgage wasn't used to do the initial purchase.

Pardon me for being so ignorant on this topic, seriously. Can you explain how the auditor's site says the purchase price was $175k and how the other site said $1 + good and valuable consideration? Those two things don't seem to be equal to me? :thinking:

I don't want anyone to take this in the wrong way. My family has always had "horse people" in it. I'm a horse people, have always had one since I was about seven. I never showed. I just loved to ride on the farm. If you're like the elder Ws though, you've got to know your market, breed the right bloodlines, have someone show your lineage at these shows, and win ribbons in the top categories to make your horses valuable. That's what makes your horses more valuable. I've a feeling someone has done that for the elder Ws. Horses require massive acreage. They aren't like cows. They have upper and lower teeth so they will snip your pastures down to mud if you can't rotate them. This is why you see folks on the t.v. who've had their horses hauled off to the animal welfare programs. They get it in their head that they can do this but don't realize that the grass won't come back. The hooves destroy the turf also. Horses are extremely expensive to feed too. I've had no more than three at a time, and one was a foal. I was so happy to get the foal sold I never wanted to breed my mare again!!! I have only one now and wonder what I was thinking with buying the other. They are more work than folks think and much more expensive to care for. Same with any animal. I've helped with the cattle on the farm, and in the winter it kinda sucks. I've had lots of critters that eat, and if they eat, they... Anything that eats has to be cared for, and in the winter, especially. Vet visits are pricey. People get into these unique animal breeds and then everybody gets one, and they're stuck with a whole herd and nowhere to sell them, pasture that gets worn down, expensive hay during the winter months, don't have time to break the properly, and boom. There they are. What do they do? Send them to the yards? Horses with super lineage go to dog food? Or keep hoping? Same with pot belly pigs, they're everywhere. Goats and llamas too. Folks who jumped on those are trying to get out from under that. If the elders already had lots of wealth that's different, but starting up a farm with unique animals, that's very iffy. All I'm trying to say is that it could have been several things that were putting strain on the Ws, and then when S's momma was murdered, it tapped him out (and possibly put a $$ strain on his parents too). It's not a flop for everyone. Some do well if they get in early and manage it well.

I have bred , boarded and trained horses for over 20 years and all I have to say is just no. No. No. No. Cattle take up much more acreage than horses Ana this is easy peasy to google. Oh my.

Pardon me for being so ignorant on this topic, seriously. Can you explain how the auditor's site says the purchase price was $175k and how the other site said $1 + good and valuable consideration? Those two things don't seem to be equal to me? :thinking:

The $1 + good and valuable considerations doesn't mean that the property was bought for $1. It was bought for whatever the purchase contract stated. In this case, the $175K is what was reported to the auditor. What is interesting is that no mortgage was filed until a year and a half later in 2015. This suggests a cash sale.

I don't want anyone to take this in the wrong way. My family has always had "horse people" in it. I'm a horse people, have always had one since I was about seven. I never showed. I just loved to ride on the farm. If you're like the elder Ws though, you've got to know your market, breed the right bloodlines, have someone show your lineage at these shows, and win ribbons in the top categories to make your horses valuable. That's what makes your horses more valuable. I've a feeling someone has done that for the elder Ws. Horses require massive acreage. They aren't like cows. They have upper and lower teeth so they will snip your pastures down to mud if you can't rotate them. This is why you see folks on the t.v. who've had their horses hauled off to the animal welfare programs. They get it in their head that they can do this but don't realize that the grass won't come back. The hooves destroy the turf also. Horses are extremely expensive to feed too. I've had no more than three at a time, and one was a foal. I was so happy to get the foal sold I never wanted to breed my mare again!!! I have only one now and wonder what I was thinking with buying the other. They are more work than folks think and much more expensive to care for. Same with any animal. I've helped with the cattle on the farm, and in the winter it kinda sucks. I've had lots of critters that eat, and if they eat, they... Anything that eats has to be cared for, and in the winter, especially. Vet visits are pricey. People get into these unique animal breeds and then everybody gets one, and they're stuck with a whole herd and nowhere to sell them, pasture that gets worn down, expensive hay during the winter months, don't have time to break the properly, and boom. There they are. What do they do? Send them to the yards? Horses with super lineage go to dog food? Or keep hoping? Same with pot belly pigs, they're everywhere. Goats and llamas too. Folks who jumped on those are trying to get out from under that. If the elders already had lots of wealth that's different, but starting up a farm with unique animals, that's very iffy. All I'm trying to say is that it could have been several things that were putting strain on the Ws, and then when S's momma was murdered, it tapped him out (and possibly put a $$ strain on his parents too). It's not a flop for everyone. Some do well if they get in early and manage it well.

If the W's, R's and M's were into some kind of criminal activity together, the murders would have put a stop to that because of the amount of LE scrutiny that would have brought to the area and anyone associated with the R's. Hence a cash flow problem. But I get what you are saying. There have been a lot of people dive into a business and not succeed because it just wasn't a viable venture.

I have bred , boarded and trained horses for over 20 years and all I have to say is just no. No. No. No. Cattle take up much more acreage than horses Ana this is easy peasy to google. Oh my.

If you have good pasture, and enough pasture, per horse. Ive worked with cattle and hed horses. Theres horses on the farm right now and they've trampled the fences down on the farm. Also, boarding in stalls, with a turnout may be different. But my family had a lot of poo to shovel out of stalls. My point is that keeping and raising a large number of animals is not a walk in the park. Whether its horses, cows, pigs, pocket beagles, etc... it can be expensive if theyre all yours. Theres two folks on my road that got into the horse breeding biz and one finally just had theres hauled off, the other's walking down our fences. Yheyve got a huge herd and rarely make a sale. Thats not profitable. Our fences arent being fixed either. They have to be broke to sell them. No one wants a 6 year old pasture wild horse thats never been ridden...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I am 100% they are there or were there. I know just about where that photo was taken. Where they are now is anyone's guess, since they have had time to return home by now.

I hate laptops. They should be outlawed.

It could be Photoshopped. But I'm sure people have already checked the picture for metadata??

I have no doubt LE with all their tracking ability knows where everyone is who is at all involved in this investigation. However, there are no warrants for arrest that we know of so people are free to be where they want at this point. This case is frustrating. I still don't see the people who have been searched as capable unless there were multiple people involved and helping. But i must say the train tracks atv stuff really creeps me out.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I have no doubt LE with all their tracking ability knows where everyone is who is at all involved in this investigation. However, there are no warrants for arrest that we know of so people are free to be where they want at this point. This case is frustrating. I still don't see the people who have been searched as capable unless there were multiple people involved and helping. But i must say the train tracks atv stuff really creeps me out.

I think I missed something. Can you elaborate w/o breaking TOS?

Hi y'all. Ohio girl here. Not a lawyer, but did spend a good chunk of time working in real estate title. Some thoughts:

A mechanic's lien does not transfer title. It just records that there is a lien. Someone can use a lien to force foreclosure but then there's usually a case filed in the common pleas court, and eventually a sheriff's deed.

My guess is if the auditor's site says the property sold for 175K that is probably correct. If someone can get me a document number for a deed I can probably guestimate a sale price off that.

Hi y'all. Ohio girl here. Not a lawyer, but did spend a good chunk of time working in real estate title. Some thoughts:

A mechanic's lien does not transfer title. It just records that there is a lien. Someone can use a lien to force foreclosure but then there's usually a case filed in the common pleas court, and eventually a sheriff's deed.

My guess is if the auditor's site says the property sold for 175K that is probably correct. If someone can get me a document number for a deed I can probably guestimate a sale price off that.

This is what I found on www.uslandrecords.com which appears to be where the Adams county recorder publishes data to.

NumberFile DateInst. Date
201400000319 2/4/2014 03:07:00PM0/0/0
Type. Volume. Page # of Pages
(DEED )000427 0545 2

Remarks71.5594 AC MS 1981
RemarksPAR #66-63
Free Form
MECHANICS LIEN RECORDED
Remarks 12/16/16 OR 477 PAGE 689

I think I missed something. Can you elaborate w/o breaking TOS?
I don't think I can without breaking TOS but if you follow other sites on this you will see what i mean. Just creepy but not anything that is factual to be related to the case so i cant elaborate here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member