OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends what they paid for it..possibly bought it cheap and renovated it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

They paid $10,000 more for it than they sold it for, I think. Not sure if that is true or not.

You can have a mortgage and not have an escrow account. Just because their taxes were sent to them and not a financial institution means nothing. MOO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can have a mortgage and not have an escrow account. Just because their taxes were sent to them and not a financial institution means nothing. MOO.

It is possible to avoid the escrow in some mortgage situations.
Usually that would involve a conventional mortgage with a loan to value lower than 80% and the lender being ok with it. For any FHA or USDA mortgages, escrow is a requirement afaik.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If they're not paid for, and especially now that they've been plastered on the news, I find it odd that a repo guy hasn't been sent out to get them, if they're not paid free and clear (or if pmts have been stopped).

Since LE had a warrent to search the place or whatever they said, I would guess they maybe could be considered evidence? They may to go back and search again.

They paid $10,000 more for it than they sold it for, I think. Not sure if that is true or not.

Looking at the Redfin listing history, it looks like the main property sold for 165K and another parcel or parcels were split off of the main parcel and listed separately.

Looks like they were trying to get 270K at first then started breaking it up and finally sold part for 165K and another for 35K. Might be a bit of of work and money to subdivide it. (Survey, titling, etc)

Since LE had a warrent to search the place or whatever they said, I would guess they maybe could be considered evidence? They may to go back and search again.

OP said they'd had one show up for sale on a FB site. I'm not sure which one though. If they were considered evidence, wouldn't LE haul them out of there? Iirc they did take a trailer.

I don't know the property, so I'm just guessing. Maybe they were into some kind of land deal like the Rhoden's? I mean, look at the properties CRsr and his father before him owned. They knew someone or just "watched" for deals on properties and aquiried them. But they didn't have the "money" background, infulence (sorry about the spelling) of the Wagner's and or the Wagner family.

Looking at the Redfin listing history, it looks like the main property sold for 165K and another parcel or parcels were split off of the main parcel and listed separately.

Looks like they were trying to get 270K at first then started breaking it up and finally sold part for 165K and another for 35K. Might be a bit of of work and money to subdivide it. (Survey, titling, etc)

I know from experience, sub dividing and having utilities connected is a very expensive exercise, unless you hang on to it for a few years.

What do we know about the transaction for DR's home?

- price
- mortgage loan
- realtor?

I don't think this line of W's were as well off as the others. I have seen a few small claims filings against them. If they had money problems, I think it is still a strong possibility that the property was really owned by their parents but put in the boys names to avoid asset liens.

- price
- mortgage loan
- realtor?

I have heard 30k thrown around but I can't say if it is fact or not (I personally haven't looked at the records)
I believe I read an article where TR stated he was still paying the mortgage for the property.

I have heard 30k thrown around but I can't say if it is fact or not (I personally haven't looked at the records)
I believe I read an article where TR stated he was still paying the mortgage for the property.

The Scioto county auditor has the sale recorded at 60K on 3/21/2016.
It included 2 parcels in the sale (3122 UHR and 2920 UHR)

- price
- mortgage loan
- realtor?

60 K for the sale on 3/21/2016
Unknown on the mortgage as the Scioto county auditor doesn't have that info.
May have been a private sale with no realtors involved.

60 K for the sale on 3/21/2016
Unknown on the mortgage as the Scioto county auditor doesn't have that info.
May have been a private sale with no realtors involved.

Thanks. Why Scioto County? I would have thought Adams County or Pike County?

I would like to know if it was a sale through a Realtor. How can I find that?

AW & GW3 (I think their son is the 4th) have been listed as living at 845 Bethel Road (belonging to the elder Ws), as has another individual with ties to a son. At one point it was vacant in 2004, then a barn, and a turnout ring appeared, then more structures appeared with a flurry of activity between 2010 - 2014. By 2015 only the little pond remains. Were they all living/working there, and decide to pool their incomes and make the leap to Peterson, in 2014? I agree w/OP. I don't think this lineage of Ws has the cash that the elders do. I'll put it this way, if my parents are wealthy, I've no clue about it. In some families, just b/c your parents are wealthy, doesn't mean that their kids are.

I don't want anyone to take this in the wrong way. My family has always had "horse people" in it. I'm a horse people, have always had one since I was about seven. I never showed. I just loved to ride on the farm. If you're like the elder Ws though, you've got to know your market, breed the right bloodlines, have someone show your lineage at these shows, and win ribbons in the top categories to make your horses valuable. That's what makes your horses more valuable. I've a feeling someone has done that for the elder Ws. Horses require massive acreage. They aren't like cows. They have upper and lower teeth so they will snip your pastures down to mud if you can't rotate them. This is why you see folks on the t.v. who've had their horses hauled off to the animal welfare programs. They get it in their head that they can do this but don't realize that the grass won't come back. The hooves destroy the turf also. Horses are extremely expensive to feed too. I've had no more than three at a time, and one was a foal. I was so happy to get the foal sold I never wanted to breed my mare again!!! I have only one now and wonder what I was thinking with buying the other. They are more work than folks think and much more expensive to care for. Same with any animal. I've helped with the cattle on the farm, and in the winter it kinda sucks. I've had lots of critters that eat, and if they eat, they... Anything that eats has to be cared for, and in the winter, especially. Vet visits are pricey. People get into these unique animal breeds and then everybody gets one, and they're stuck with a whole herd and nowhere to sell them, pasture that gets worn down, expensive hay during the winter months, don't have time to break the properly, and boom. There they are. What do they do? Send them to the yards? Horses with super lineage go to dog food? Or keep hoping? Same with pot belly pigs, they're everywhere. Goats and llamas too. Folks who jumped on those are trying to get out from under that. If the elders already had lots of wealth that's different, but starting up a farm with unique animals, that's very iffy. All I'm trying to say is that it could have been several things that were putting strain on the Ws, and then when S's momma was murdered, it tapped him out (and possibly put a $$ strain on his parents too). It's not a flop for everyone. Some do well if they get in early and manage it well.

Agreed ..I have a mortgage and no escrow for taxes. I was wondering why everyone assuming there was no mortgage due to tax bill address?. Mine is mailed directly to me not the bank. I agree it tells us nothing.

Thanks. Why Scioto County? I would have thought Adams County or Pike County?

I would like to know if it was a sale through a Realtor. How can I find that?

UHR runs along a section of the boundary of Scioto and Pike counties and also has a section that touches Adams county. DR's home at 3122 UHR is in Scioto county. The other side of UHR is in Pike county.

I was able to dig up a bit of info on the 260 Peterson Road at www.usalandrecords.com which has records from the Adams county recorder.

On 2/4/2014, the property was transferred to the W brothers for "ONE DOLLAR AND OTHER GOOD AND VALUABLE CONSIDERATION " and recorded as a Mechanic's lien.

On 7/20/2015, a mortgage for $75,000 with First State Bank was recorded.

On 12/16/2016, a Mechanic's lien for $5925 to a 3rd party was recorded.

On 3/17/2017, the mortgage with First State Bank was released and the deed recorded to the buyer of the property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member