OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

Okay I am going to go ahead and beat this dead horse for a minute.

To add to the strangeness of this crime, there has been no quote from an anonymous source. Remember the anonymous source in every crime? The fellow who doesn't want to be named because they are not authorized to talk about the crime? There is one or two in every single crime. But not this one.

There were hundreds of LE and EMS personal involved in this crime. Not a single one has talked, anonymous or otherwise. Out of all these hundreds of LE and EMS some of them are married. Not one quote by a spouse telling what their other half went through e.g. therapy or counseling.

Not a peep out of the morgue where the bodies were taken, not a peep out of the funeral homes describing what it was like to deal with that many bodies at once.

Not a peep out of anyone who was on the scene and saw the actual blood in the trailers other than BJM.

Trailers locked up tight from the minute the R's were found, with absolutely no public view.

I guess what I am getting at is no one besides LE other than BJM and DS has actually made a statement about seeing the bodies. The two people with her seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth as far as making a statement goes.

Maybe instead of speculating about who the killers are we should first try to prove there was even a murder.

This reminds me of my college days when we were given an assignment to prove our own existence. It is theoretically impossible to prove your own existence.

I agree it is nearly impossible for things to be this quiet about the case. There is almost always someone that saw things first hand that says something...

Try to prove you don't have something. That can't be done either theoretically....

I agree it is nearly impossible for things to be this quiet about the case. There is almost always someone that saw things first hand that says something...

Try to prove you don't have something. That can't be done either theoretically....

BBM

The silence about this case is uncanny to say the least. It's like people are terrified to talk, including LE and EMS personal. If people in that county are truly too terrified to talk about this crime a year later they must be leading a miserable life right now. I am beginning to believe Betty P's Boss Hogg theory of someone so powerful being involved in the crime that everyone is afraid to open their mouth.

Especially with Sheriff Reader threatening them with gang retaliation if they say anything.

I have never bought into LE being involved in this crime, but Readers announcement about this weekend is starting to make me look at him.

I do believe the W's and J & AM are involved, but who else???

BBM

The silence about this case is uncanny to say the least. It's like people are terrified to talk, including LE and EMS personal. If people in that county are truly too terrified to talk about this crime a year later they must be leading a miserable life right now. I am beginning to believe Betty P's Boss Hogg theory of someone so powerful being involved in the crime that everyone is afraid to open their mouth.

Especially with Sheriff Reader threatening them with gang retaliation if they say anything.

I have never bought into LE being involved in this crime, but Readers announcement about this weekend is starting to make me look at him.

I do believe the W's and J & AM are involved, but who else???

My thought is a years long undercover operation that will get exposed by solving the murders rather than prominent people involved. But, it could be both or either, or neither...

I have met Sheriff Reader. He seems like a good man. I don't know him personally but I have close friends that do and they all say he is a honest person. I think most of the silence comes from very few people knowing anything about the case other than whats in the media. I'm not sure how LE has kept it so quiet on their end.

I have met Sheriff Reader. He seems like a good man. I don't know him personally but I have close friends that do and they all say he is a honest person. I think most of the silence comes from very few people knowing anything about the case other than whats in the media. I'm not sure how LE has kept it so quiet on their end.

I can't say I've seen anything wrong with Reader. I think he is being held back on this investigation for what ever reason.DeWine seems to be running the show and Reader has to go along with what DeWine says. He does seem caring and emotional about the people murdered. He got a lot put on his plate real fast after becoming Sheriff.

I agree. Even the White House, with all of its security measures, etc., leaks frequently.

Correction: They HAD cooperated. Then they moved to thousands of miles away to a very remote part of Alaska and lawyered up.
If my child was a member of a murdered family I'd move too... S doesn't need to grow up forever being that poor child that lost her family...moving doesn't mean guilt automatically..they may just want her to grow up away from everything

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If anyone on here really doubts that this family was brutally murdered, I would be glad to periscope a drive thru their neighborhood and show you the porches without the trailers and the flags in each yard that signify how many were killed at each site.

RAISON wasn't saying the crime didn't happen.. he/she (?) was making a point about statements and stories being retracted and changed.

BBM

To add to the strangeness of this crime, there has been no quote from an anonymous source. Remember the anonymous source in every crime? The fellow who doesn't want to be named because they are not authorized to talk about the crime? There is one or two in every single crime. But not this one.

There were hundreds of LE and EMS personal involved in this crime. Not a single one has talked, anonymous or otherwise. Out of all these hundreds of LE and EMS some of them are married. Not one quote by a spouse telling what their other half went through e.g. therapy or counseling.

Not a peep out of the morgue where the bodies were taken, not a peep out of the funeral homes describing what it was like to deal with that many bodies at once.

Not a peep out of anyone who was on the scene and saw the actual blood in the trailers other than BJM.

Trailers locked up tight from the minute the R's were found, with absolutely no public view.
I guess what I am getting at is no one besides LE other than BJM and DS has actually made a statement about seeing the bodies. The two people with her seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth as far as making a statement goes

Maybe instead of speculating about who the killers are we should first try to prove there was even a murder.

This reminds me of my college days when we were given an assignment to prove our own existence. It is theoretically impossible to prove your own existence.

BBM
Agree. That couple has gone ghost, and agreed, one cannot theoretically prove one's own existence (that can get into your head if you try it long and hard enough).

I also thought, for some reason, that one of the Ms was on the EMT squads. I don't know where I heard/read it and it was likely hearsay, but if it is in fact true, that person would have had advanced notice, and may have made some calls. Idk if that is kosher for them to do so, or not though. Just a thought.

How did MG see HHG, and her own mother did not? MG's mother lives closer than MG. Does she mean that MG i.d.'d the body at the morgue, or did she make it inside the perimeter? In thinking back, the perimeter was quite a distance away from the actual murder scenes. I read that HHG's grandparents raised her, for the most part, but I'd still think that a parent or grandparent would have i.d.'d the body.

I'm not saying these murders didn't happen, I'm just amazed at how it seems that everyone connected in anyway has not talked, at all. It's almost like a Stephen King novel.

On another vein :http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...22/reader-tapped-pike-sheriffs-post/27817145/

Reader’s biggest strength in his new position may rest with experience across the law enforcement landscape, Junk said. “One of the things that’s really going to help us in the prosecutor’s office is Charlie was involved with actively preparing cases for grand jury, that was one of his main jobs for the last couple of years,” Junk said. “He knows exactly the type of evidence and reports that need to be done and turned over to the prosecutor’s office.
“He knows how both a sheriff’s office and a prosecutor’s office work, and that’s going to benefit everybody because he can make sure his deputies are aware of what we actually need so he can bring that prosecutorial experience over to his office, too.”

The article reads like Reader has a lot of experience, and in different areas. I have to say that I underestimated his credentials, nonetheless I'm not sure what to make of the handling of this case.

I believe MG still lives with the grandfather and the grandmother has passed. If the grandparents had legal guardianship he would have been ask to id HG, maybe because of health issues he was not able to therefore MG was asked to step up.

From the timeline we put together here

BBM

BJM discovered the bodies of CRSr and GR, then went next door to discover FR and family. She called 911 at 7:49 am. She probably called JM just after calling 911. LE was already on their way. It takes a few minutes for JM to get out the door w his son, into his truck and drive to DR's, probably got there around 8:05 or 8:10 am. By the time he opens the door and sees DR, LE is already arriving on UHR, sirens going. Instead of going into the trailer on his own, he turns, goes back down the driveway and flags the second patrol car arriving on UHR.

IMO, it happened pretty quickly. LE arrived on the scene early. JM's response was panic, distress, and response as events were moving quickly. He looks in the door, sees his sister, realizes BJM and LE aren't aware of these deaths . Hears the sirens coming down the road and decides to get them on the scene. JMO, it was a split second decision - go further inside knowing everyone else has been killed down the road or flag the cops as they come driving up the road and assuming EMS would be with them. I doubt he was standing there for 5 or 10 minutes doing nothing. There wasn't enough time.

ETA: Latest time of death for this group of victims was 8:17 am, so LE had arrived, entered DR's home and declared everyone dead by 8:17 am. Short time frame.

JM reported 2 more people dead at 4077 UHR because he saw DR's legs and likely assumed HMR was dead as well.

BBM
Would this not contradict the BBM part?

She said she can't remember many details after the discoveries, including how her older brother, James Manley, came to find their sister Dana Rhoden dead in her trailer, which is north of the other two trailers on Union Hill Road. (BJM)
http://She said she can't remember ...of the other two trailers on Union Hill Road.

RAISON wasn't saying the crime didn't happen.. he/she (?) was making a point about statements and stories being retracted and changed.

BBM

It's a she... and thank you. I was trying to illustrate how little has been said about this horrendous crime. It seems that even the people in Pike county which are the closest to the scene doesn't know anything about what happened. The White House and Trump need DeWine and Reader running their administration given the amount of leaks in this case.

BBM
Would this not contradict the BBM part?

She said she can't remember many details after the discoveries, including how her older brother, James Manley, came to find their sister Dana Rhoden dead in her trailer, which is north of the other two trailers on Union Hill Road. (BJM)
http://She said she can't remember ...of the other two trailers on Union Hill Road.

Sorry, I can't open the link. Maybe it's my computer. It doesn't bother me if she said something different in another interview. Had I experienced something like that, I might not recall all the details right away either.

What's the alternative if she's lying? Obviously JM was there, LE saw him, he flagged them down. His son was with him. The alternative is that he and his son were sitting there all early morning hanging out for a couple of hours after killing DR and her family? :confused:

I will say, if it was me and my early twenties son standing at the door, seeing my sister dead, knowing everyone at two houses up the road are dead and there's an infant crying here with no response from the mother and I hear the sirens from LE coming down the road, I would have backed out, too. I wouldn't have wanted my kid to see that and live with it the rest of his life. No way. If I didn't think LE were coming, I would have made him stay outside of the house while I went in. I would not want my kid to see that, regardless of whether he was an EMT. It was his own family. No way. Maybe that's just me, but I'm a mom of young men.

I also wouldn't have wanted my kid to go in there in case the killers were still in the house. No way. When you're by yourself in a situation like that and adrenaline kicks in, you might do some crazy, brave, dangerous things. But when your kid is with you, all that gets directed towards protecting them.

BBM

I guess what I am getting at is no one besides LE other than BJM and DS has actually made a statement about seeing the bodies. The two people with her seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth as far as making a statement goes.

Great post. I just wanted to add that I'm I've been an EMT for 20 years. We always talk to someone. Husband, boyfriend, father, friend. Each of us has to have at least one person to confide in or we would go crazy. The worse the situation, the greater the need to talk it out.

I believe MG still lives with the grandfather and the grandmother has passed. If the grandparents had legal guardianship he would have been ask to id HG, maybe because of health issues he was not able to therefore MG was asked to step up.

I really hate to hear that. :(

BBM
Agree. That couple has gone ghost, and agreed, one cannot theoretically prove one's own existence (that can get into your head if you try it long and hard enough).

I also thought, for some reason, that one of the Ms was on the EMT squads. I don't know where I heard/read it and it was likely hearsay, but if it is in fact true, that person would have had advanced notice, and may have made some calls. Idk if that is kosher for them to do so, or not though. Just a thought.

How did MG see HHG, and her own mother did not? MG's mother lives closer than MG. Does she mean that MG i.d.'d the body at the morgue, or did she make it inside the perimeter? In thinking back, the perimeter was quite a distance away from the actual murder scenes. I read that HHG's grandparents raised her, for the most part, but I'd still think that a parent or grandparent would have i.d.'d the body.

I'm not saying these murders didn't happen, I'm just amazed at how it seems that everyone connected in anyway has not talked, at all. It's almost like a Stephen King novel.

On another vein :http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...22/reader-tapped-pike-sheriffs-post/27817145/

The article reads like Reader has a lot of experience, and in different areas. I have to say that I underestimated his credentials, nonetheless I'm not sure what to make of the handling of this case.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

BBM

My thoughts exactly. Very well said.

My thought is a years long undercover operation that will get exposed by solving the murders rather than prominent people involved. But, it could be both or either, or neither...

I'd considered that too. If so, it's been going on for the better part of 10 yrs or so with little results, so, maybe time to pull the plug and bust all the dealers. They know who they are and how to get the info on higher ups. They just started doing it in the last few weeks.

BBM

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Actually Stephen King novels....were full of gossip. This is Not like his novels at all... more like... I don't know what. Small towns are usually full of gossip and the locals know all. This time they aren't TELLING all... which is very telling in my book (mind). In my county which hides many secrets... they are hiding the secrets of the POWERFUL. Who the Powerful are I will let you draw your own conclusions.

I can understand how JM did not want to see anything more terrible than his sister dead at the door. The baby was crying, she was obviously alive and her mother was not able to tend to her needs. He presumed that HR was dead also. I don't find that strange. He had already seen his sister dead. I think that that is just self protection from horror. He knew someone would come and get the live baby out of there, but he could not handle the horror. Women are a little better at that than men. Women see blood every month, men don't.

I don't know...but I don't' think I would assume my sibling was dead I would be RUSHING in to save who I could... and probably would never think my sibling was dead because I would be in denial and hoping and believing they were fine. I would think after seeing dead bodies I would believe they were Okay.... I know this for a fact. I keep believing even after seeing... I guess it's denial. Whatever it is I have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez