OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Providing one's laptops, phones, and dna samples, along with voluntarily being interviewed, is no small thing. I personally would like to keep my dna to myself (but I'm just funny like that), no one touches my tech stuff, and I'd talk to no one w/o my lawyer present. I'm not the most trusting of individuals, but that's just me. I'd have never told LM that I trashed that GPS tracker. See what happened there?

We were discussing LE last night. No one said they would be questioned without an attorney present no matter how innocent they were. None in the group said they would trust LE to tell the truth during questioning. I would not trust them to not put damning files on a computer. If it were me, that GPS tracker would have landed in a sided ditch where it "fell off".

No, we can't talk about them, but, BJM remembers blood being everywhere, screaming Rhoden x 3, detail about finding the bodies, how they were beaten, drug to the bedroom, picked up the babies, put one in a sweatshirt, got them out of there, but;

BJM said she thinks one of the people in her car may have followed her into one of the trailers, but she's not sure which one or what they saw.

She said she can't remember many details after the discoveries, including how her older brother, JM, came to find their sister DR dead in her trailer, which is north of the other two trailers on Union Hill Road.

"He could hear the baby crying and he backed up out of there," said his wife, AM, in a separate interview describing what her husband told her. "He didn't want to find his niece like that."

BJM doesn't remember, AM has not divulged anything other than the above as far as I know, and I'm not sure that I've ever heard JM speak about that day, himself. I've not heard any of the other folks there say how JM came upon the scene at DR's. Has LM ever stated publicly how JM happened to be there? I remember that he was upset that JM's truck was confiscated.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/nation-now/ohio-massacre-i-was-not-leaving-those-babies-in-there/185981000

I mentioned the calls in a previous post. Who called all these people? The call that was said to have been received at 8:15 am was said to have came from a male friend one place but "They" told her what happened another place. Who called her? Was any family members called before LE was called? Who called JM? LM appears to not have been at the scene because he was at the roadblock when he talked on camera. Was he there and left before LE blocked the road? Did LE make him leave?
I really can not understand how they have kept things so quiet. No "leaks" from unnamed sources, etc..

No, we can't talk about them, but, BJM remembers blood being everywhere, screaming Rhoden x 3, detail about finding the bodies, how they were beaten, drug to the bedroom, picked up the babies, put one in a sweatshirt, got them out of there, but;

BJM said she thinks one of the people in her car may have followed her into one of the trailers, but she's not sure which one or what they saw.

She said she can't remember many details after the discoveries, including how her older brother, JM, came to find their sister DR dead in her trailer, which is north of the other two trailers on Union Hill Road.

"He could hear the baby crying and he backed up out of there," said his wife, AM, in a separate interview describing what her husband told her. "He didn't want to find his niece like that."

BJM doesn't remember, AM has not divulged anything other than the above as far as I know, and I'm not sure that I've ever heard JM speak about that day, himself. I've not heard any of the other folks there say how JM came upon the scene at DR's. Has LM ever stated publicly how JM happened to be there? I remember that he was upset that JM's truck was confiscated.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/nation-now/ohio-massacre-i-was-not-leaving-those-babies-in-there/185981000

No one can say what they would do or remember in a situation like BJM found but rereading things makes you wonder. She isn't sure if a friend followed her into a house or which one but remembers not seeing any bullet casings in either house.

I was reading a thread from MSM on SM about this case. It was amazing how many people said the Wagners move to Alaska was proof that they were guilty..

OP mentioned of a "McDonald's" incident. Which location was it at? Any MSM for it?

Have you ever seen a dead person, They do not look like they are sleeping peacefully, they look like they are dead,

I've seen folks as they're fixin to cross over, and no, they did not look peaceful. I would think that in the Rs case, they would definitely not look peaceful, w/blood and body matter everywhere, and living infants sitting covered in blood, so I don't get your point. BJM described what she saw, first hand. DS described what he saw, first hand. Although BJM did say that she thought her bil was dead, that someone had beat the **** out of him. AM and family members have described what JM saw second or third hand.

My point is we have not heard what, how, nor who, firsthand, from JM about anything that day. We don't know if he even truly went inside or how he got inside, if he saw a body, or heard a baby cry at all, just what we're getting passed down through family members. The article I linked to said the family told the reporter JM assumed the others were deceased and nothing about a baby crying. Nothing from JM himself. OP likened all of this to the old game, Telephone. JM has been just as quiet as the Ws. Not accusing him, just curious.

I'm not really a conspiracy theorist (well except maybe for the moon landing. :thinking: j.k.), but I'm pickin' up what you're layin' down. It is strange. We know that little B exists, we've seen photos of S, but don't know the dates the photos were taken, but she does seem older in the most recent one. I know that you are speaking "tongue in cheek", as am I, but I was re-reading, again, last night and, again, nothing adds up.

HHG's Momma:
But sheriff's squad cars blocked Union Hill Road by the time she and her husband, who worked with Frankie at a local sawmill, got there.
She pleaded with them to tell her what was going on. She begged for any information. She was hollering at them and, as the minutes wore on, screaming. Frantic, she called a friend who made it up the road before it was blocked. Please, please, please tell me if HHG is OK, she asked. "I just kept asking: 'What about HHG ?' " AC said in an exclusive interview with the Enquirer. "But she didn't want to tell me. She didn't want to.

AC spends most days believing HHG is still alive. Sometimes, she calls her older daughter, MG, to confirm that HHGis dead. MG saw her sister after death; AC did not.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/10/25/ohio-family-massacre-rhoden/92757182/

From what I've understood, from following this, throughout the past year, HHG's mother lived less than 10 miles away from UHR, and the sawmill is barely over 12 miles, where AC's husband worked w/FR.

Little B's Momma:
She doesn’t have to look at her phone to recall that it was 8:14 a.m. on April 22 when she got the news. She left her job at a doctor’s office in Portsmouth, stopped to pick up her mom and made the normally 45-minute trip to Union Hill Road in Pike County in 20 minutes. They arrived before all the roads were blocked off ...

http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...d-pike-county-shootings-learns-to-adjust.html

Again, from articles and what I've gathered from following this throughout the year, it's right at a 50 mile drive.

I'm not saying anything negative about either of the above, but, how could one get there, from Portsmouth, pick up their Mom, and arrive before the roads closed? Yet a mother, and step-father, living and working within fifteen minutes or less, did not make it before the roads closed? Who are all of these people who made it within the perimeter? Who called who, and told them their kin was dead? It doesn't sound like it was LE that spread the word, but what I find odd, is since that day not one of them has leaked nary a word for an entire year. Were those at the scene sworn to silence? The two people with BJM have flown way under the radar. Not one single interview (not that I blame them) or soundbite.

I'd think there'd be sirens since there were children, reported alive, within the homes. Helicopters overhead. I'd have been online, and on the phone, purely out of wondering what was going on, and b/c I had family in the area that all of the commotion was rolling toward. I've had my family call if a slew of LE, Ambulances, etc... come rolling down the road, just to make sure it's not one of us. How did some of these folks get in but others did not, who lived so close?

I'm like you Raisin, this is just too weird.

BBM

Okay I am going to go ahead and beat this dead horse for a minute.

To add to the strangeness of this crime, there has been no quote from an anonymous source. Remember the anonymous source in every crime? The fellow who doesn't want to be named because they are not authorized to talk about the crime? There is one or two in every single crime. But not this one.

There were hundreds of LE and EMS personal involved in this crime. Not a single one has talked, anonymous or otherwise. Out of all these hundreds of LE and EMS some of them are married. Not one quote by a spouse telling what their other half went through e.g. therapy or counseling.

Not a peep out of the morgue where the bodies were taken, not a peep out of the funeral homes describing what it was like to deal with that many bodies at once.

Not a peep out of anyone who was on the scene and saw the actual blood in the trailers other than BJM.

Trailers locked up tight from the minute the R's were found, with absolutely no public view.

I guess what I am getting at is no one besides LE other than BJM and DS has actually made a statement about seeing the bodies. The two people with her seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth as far as making a statement goes.

Maybe instead of speculating about who the killers are we should first try to prove there was even a murder.

This reminds me of my college days when we were given an assignment to prove our own existence. It is theoretically impossible to prove your own existence.

You should read what you write and think of all the people who lost a loved one. For them, it is real and painful.

The danger of sitting behind a keyboard with an anonymous nickname is to become heartless

You should read what you write and think of all the people who lost a loved one. For them, it is real and painful.

The danger of sitting behind a keyboard with an anonymous nickname is to become heartless

Who is this post directed to?

No one can say what they would do or remember in a situation like BJM found but rereading things makes you wonder. She isn't sure if a friend followed her into a house or which one but remembers not seeing any bullet casings in either house.

BJM did not call him from what she says in that article. LM lives right up the road and was blocked out, JM lives on the same property as LM, yet he and his truck, were on DR's property and the truck confiscated.

If a friend follows you into a trailer, you have to turn around to come back out, you're going to see their face, you're going to talk to them, they're going to be consoling you, encouraging you, likely even helping you, distracting B while you get the baby, etc... I'm just not buying that she doesn't remember which friend went where.

Who is this post directed to?

I think me.

JK204 I am not heartless. I live over 800 miles from Ohio. If the murder of this family did not bother me greatly I would not be sitting on this forum over a year later talking about it. I am a very busy person with a career. I even took time out of an extremely busy tax season to come on here and read the posts and any updates.

I am merely pointing out how strange this entire investigation has been. Nothing that is usual in other murder investigations has occurred in this crime. We have all commented on the secrecy in this case but none of us has taken that secrecy seriously. That secrecy by every single person involved in this investigation could in itself be a major clue that we are all missing as to who killed the R's and why they were killed.

It's for everyone and including myself. Raisin's comment about questioning the reality of this drama hit me a little.

BBM
I am sorry if I offended you. I never meant to minimize the horror of this crime and it's effect on the family of the victims. I just meant to maximize the secrecy of the investigation.

BTW I still pray at night for LM and for justice for this family.

BBM

IDK. All I know this correction was placed at the top of that article.

If they keep retracting and scrubbing everything from the news articles, maybe eventually they will retract the murders themselves. We will all wake up one day questioning whether we dreamed the last year and a half on here. I think I will go join the R's on whatever beach they are laid up on.

Seriously, I say this tongue in cheek but....we have seen no photos of any bodies being removed, roads sealed off and no media within a mile of the crime scenes, no autopsy reports, children tucked out of sight in CPS custody, court records involving children sealed, no photos of MJ plants being removed, crime scenes sealed up tight in a warehouse out of the view of the public, search warrants sealed, court orders ordering the sealing of the search warrants sealed, no POI, no suspects, no press releases and Mike Brady er excuse me Dewine talking in circles leading us through a non ending maze of confusion, Reader warning anyone who talks they will be killed by gang members....this is beginning to look like the Twilight Zone.

I really am questioning whether the R's were ever killed, or just made to disappear into a witness protection program with RR and baby K.

I am shaking my head so much hubby is beginning to question if I have something medically wrong.
There were a few photos of the murder victims' coffins.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rong-place-wrong-time-says-family-friend.html

BJM wasn't the only person who described the crime scene horror. Stone described the horror of finding his cousin KR.

BJM did not call him from what she says in that article. LM lives right up the road and was blocked out, JM lives on the same property as LM, yet he and his truck, were on DR's property and the truck confiscated.

If a friend follows you into a trailer, you have to turn around to come back out, you're going to see their face, you're going to talk to them, they're going to be consoling you, encouraging you, likely even helping you, distracting B while you get the baby, etc... I'm just not buying that she doesn't remember which friend went where.
It's clear BJM didn't want the name of her friend to be linked with this crime. I can't blame her.

If anyone on here really doubts that this family was brutally murdered, I would be glad to periscope a drive thru their neighborhood and show you the porches without the trailers and the flags in each yard that signify how many were killed at each site.

How did he know if she was dead or not? How did he know if CR2 was dead or not? What about S or her Mommy. S was picked up at 10:30 the night before if we go by the original statement. Almost two days early. For all intents and purposes, she should have been there. Apparently BJM didn't call her brother. So far it's been hearsay that he saw his sis as he went in the door. JM has never said it himself that I remember reading. 95% of the physicians who've patched me up over the years, have been male so I don't think the blood thing, and females being better with dealing with it, is the reason. I'm not calling him a coward, but, out of all of the family who found family, that day JM has never made a statement as to how he ended up there, what he saw, why he didn't go in, was the door unlocked (it's been said that only KR's was left unlocked), did he have a key if so, did he truly hear the newborn crying or did that get misconstrued, and how did he know that everyone was already past him being able to help them, including S who should have been there that week?

He doesn't have to give a statement, and I'd not, w/o a lawyer by my side, but DR's place has a whole lot of whys for me.

Bobby Jo discovered Chris Sr., Gary, Frankie and Gilley. Her older brother, James Manley, found his sister before he backed out of the trailer, where he assumed his niece, Hanna Rhoden, and his nephew, Chris Rhoden were, family members said.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...enge-our-hearts-pike-co-family-says/83517330/

From the timeline we put together here

7:15 am: Bobby Jo Manley, sister of Dina Rhoden, arrives at Chris Sr.'s property to feed his animals. She says she was with two friends, identities have varied, not confirmed.

7:15 to 7:40?: She uses a key to unlock the front door and sees the bodies of Gary & Chris Rhoden Sr. Exact time not known

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/11/pike-county-not-leaving-those-babies-there/84194756/

7:49 am: Bobby Jo calls 911

ibid.

7:53 am: PCSO Dep. Music and Dep. Chandler are dispatched to 4077 Union Hill Road in response to the 7:49 am 911 call from BJM.

Approx 7:55 am: Billy Jo Manley runs next door to trailer of Frankie Rhoden & Hannah Gilley. Door is locked, she hears toddler inside, asks him to open the door. She then discovers the bodies of Frankie & Hannah. She takes the children outside to her car.
Ibid.

7:15 – 7:53 am: Sometime after discovering the bodies, Billy Jo Manley calls her brother James Manley. He and his son go to the home of Dana Rhoden and discover she is dead. According to his wife, James doesn’t go further into Dana’s home, though he can see her legs and hear a baby crying.
Ibid

8:07 am: Dep. Chandler arrived "at a neighboring residence where he was flagged down by a subject. Dep. Chandler advised that he needed multiple ambulances due to multiple down at multiple residences."

8:12 am: Dep. Music, Dep. Ball, and Maj. Evans all arrived "on scene" where they were approached by [Redacted] who stated: "there are two more dead people here." [Redacted] pointed to the residence at 4077 Union Hill.

From <http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?306434-OH-Pike-County-8-people-from-one-family-dead-as-police-hunt-for-killer(s)-5/page57>

8:07 am &#8211; 8:17 am: Time of death declared for victims.
BBM

BJM discovered the bodies of CRSr and GR, then went next door to discover FR and family. She called 911 at 7:49 am. She probably called JM just after calling 911. LE was already on their way. It takes a few minutes for JM to get out the door w his son, into his truck and drive to DR's, probably got there around 8:05 or 8:10 am. By the time he opens the door and sees DR, LE is already arriving on UHR, sirens going. Instead of going into the trailer on his own, he turns, goes back down the driveway and flags the second patrol car arriving on UHR.

IMO, it happened pretty quickly. LE arrived on the scene early. JM's response was panic, distress, and response as events were moving quickly. He looks in the door, sees his sister, realizes BJM and LE aren't aware of these deaths . Hears the sirens coming down the road and decides to get them on the scene. JMO, it was a split second decision - go further inside knowing everyone else has been killed down the road or flag the cops as they come driving up the road and assuming EMS would be with them. I doubt he was standing there for 5 or 10 minutes doing nothing. There wasn't enough time.

ETA: Latest time of death for this group of victims was 8:17 am, so LE had arrived, entered DR's home and declared everyone dead by 8:17 am. Short time frame.

JM reported 2 more people dead at 4077 UHR because he saw DR's legs and likely assumed HMR was dead as well.

From the timeline we put together here

BBM

BJM discovered the bodies of CRSr and GR, then went next door to discover FR and family. She called 911 at 7:49 am. She probably called JM just after calling 911. LE was already on their way. It takes a few minutes for JM to get out the door w his son, into his truck and drive to DR's, probably got there around 8:05 or 8:10 am. By the time he opens the door and sees DR, LE is already arriving on UHR, sirens going. Instead of going into the trailer on his own, he turns, goes back down the driveway and flags the second patrol car arriving on UHR.

IMO, it happened pretty quickly. LE arrived on the scene early. JM's response was panic, distress, and response as events were moving quickly. He looks in the door, sees his sister, realizes BJM and LE aren't aware of these deaths . Hears the sirens coming down the road and decides to get them on the scene. JMO, it was a split second decision - go further inside knowing everyone else has been killed down the road or flag the cops as they come driving up the road and assuming EMS would be with them. I doubt he was standing there for 5 or 10 minutes doing nothing. There wasn't enough time.

ETA: Latest time of death for this group of victims was 8:17 am, so LE had arrived, entered DR's home and declared everyone dead by 8:17 am. Short time frame.

JM reported 2 more people dead at 4077 UHR because he saw DR's legs and likely assumed HMR was dead as well.

Thanks for the recap. Regarding the 2 people with BJM, what do you mean by identities varied?

Can we get a glimpse of the variations? Or is it like the Goldberg Variations, just too many of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez