OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not believing this was the "cartel" either.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Nope. However, does it seem like an awful lot of manpower brought in to assist? We might be dealing with a group/family and maybe different jurisdictions and not just 2 or 3 people.

Unless I have that wrong...

IIRC, Dana's domestic violence charge in 2000 involved her brother's wife. Their may have been problems between the Manleys and Rhodens.

Possible, I doubt it as the s-i-l that the domestic dispute was with is the same person that Dana thanked on FB for helping paint the living room walls in her new home.

If the last victim reported is the last victim they are talking about, then I have questions about the nephew that lived 500 ft from him and not hearing 9 shots.

I'm thinking that it is a good chance even shotguns were used.

In many places it is much easier to get a shotgun under the radar than a handgun.

He said he lived 500 yards from him. Wondering if this is a planned burglary/murder where they took out only the ones who could ID them. It could be people who had come out with others more familiar with the family like for buying pot, dogs, roosters, or with the cockfights. Maybe it was just those family members who had seen them before. How evil to plan out something like this and carry it out. Doesn't sound like just locals where everyone knew each other all their lives.

The AG has spent most of his career as a US Senator, Congressman, Liuetenant Gov and later, as Ohio AG. He's more a politician than a prosecutor/criminal expert.

It sure is showing. IMO

Nope. However, does it seem like an awful lot of manpower brought in to assist? We might be dealing with a group/family and maybe different jurisdictions and not just 2 or 3 people.

Unless I have that wrong...

I think it's taking a lot of time to map out all the relationships. I read there are 100 Rhodens in that area. They have marriages, divorces, sisters married brothers, baby daddy's ........if another family are the killers, they may have as extensive of a clan.

I'm sorry to keep bringing up the (missing?) dogs but I feel like it could be important. From the comments LM has made, it sounds like LE is questioning Bobby's time line and possibly her innocence.
Here's my problem- Bobby goes to the CRSr house daily to feed the dogs. IF the dogs are missing- that explains why she got the key and went into the house.

IF the dogs aren't missing, as LM leads us to believe here:
I'm angry. I'm really angry," he told IE. The killer or killers had to have known his family, he said, to have been able to get so close to the victims - and to get around guard dogs kept by his relatives.
http://www.insideedition.com/headli...acre-says-he-thinks-victims-knew-their-killer

Then Bobbys reason for going inside the trailer and discovering the bodies- is blown.
I just realized the time discrepancy between Bobby arriving, around 7am, and the call not being made to 911 until 7:49am. Did she maybe feed the chickens, roosters, etc...spend some time looking for the dogs before going into the house? Was Leonard right when he said she went to one of the other houses before she went to the one where he BIL was and made the 911 call?
Whoever caught that Bobby said "the door was locked when WE got here" -- great catch!!!!

I am now 99% sure that this had nothing to do with the cartel.

Do we know who was watching Hanna's two-year-old child The night of the murders? I'm really curious to know why that child was not in the house. Like, it was planned out that the child not be there. Who planned that?

I think the chances are good the oldest was with her father or grandparents. The father seems to have an active relationship with the child.

The coroner said that yesterday, multiple gunshot wounds, multiple victims. I wondered if she meant just that, so I guess she did. I wish they'd give autopsy reports, she said they'd be done yesterday with the last one.

9 shots?? Maybe that person was being tortured with a shot at a time to give them information.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I don't buy the drug cartel stuff. Sorry. I don't think this has anything to do with the pot. I this this was personal and done by people that knew the family- and I think it was more than one person. I personally think it has to do with the derby car scene- something every single one of them was a part of- not just pot where some may have known about. I think the pot was personal use, maybe some for friends.

I don't think it was the 3,000 derby car- but rather a very long standing feud between this family and another family that participated in the derby stuff. The derby seems positively central to each of their lives.

Maybe someone can enlighten me, but what is so fabulous about derby races? Is there big money in it? Pride? And did the females drive or participate somehow? I mean, I could kind of see how ONE murder would fit in that scenario, but EIGHT?

Question for Fraudqueen: Will you ask your husband whether he thinks the person who possibly owed a lot of money is one of the deceased Rhoden's or still alive?

He said he lived 500 yards from him.

Yards.. So 1500 ft.. Approximately 5 football fields. That's still close in the country for 9 gunshots near your relatives house. I would be calling and finding out why they were shooting like that.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2659269/in...den-shootings/

Leonard Manley

Reporter: How close are you to the crimescenes?

Reporter: Tell us how you found out the news about your daughter.

Leonard: Well, my daughter feeds them animals out there every morning, Bobbi Jo the one that made the 911 call. She got the key to the place. She went in found my grandson and his girlfriend dead. Went down found my son in law and his cousin dead. Then she come out and got me and I went out there and my boy went to my daughter's house and they found them. My daughter, her daughter and her son.

Reporter: Who's home was your daughter in, was she in her home or

Leonard: She was in her home that she just bought.

Reporter: Thanks Leonard thank you

From the interview above, it sounds like Bobbie found Leonard's grandson & the grandson's girlfriend dead first. Then she went and found Leonard's son-in-law & his cousin dead. At that time, she then called Leonard and he came down and they found the daughter (Dana), her daughter and son dead. So it sounds like by the time she called 911, Leonard was probably already there and that is probably why she said "We" when talking to them. This would confirm that they actually went into all three places prior to LE arriving.

Yes, are the dogs alive or maybe they shot them first and dumped them somewhere. I wish they would mention the dogs again.

Possible, I doubt it as the s-i-l that the domestic dispute was with is the same person that Dana thanked on FB for helping paint the living room walls in her new home.

The person it involved ended up marrying her brother according to news reports.

That 49 minutes has me scratching my head also. If I were LE I would be waking her up to. It can help with many areas. What if she walked in as the killers were just leaving. They could have been in the woods as Le approached. I don't know her timeline could help or hinder a lot. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"While nothing has been ruled out, it is unlikely this was a random act of violence or a crime committed by another member of the Rhoden family."

What makes it unlikely to be family?

"Two of those individuals interviewed were Isaiah Jones and Rusty Mongold.
Jones told CBS News he was detained at gunpoint during a traffic stop. He was questioned for six hours, then released.
“I really want people to know I had nothing to do with it,” Jones said, crying. “These were also friends of mine and that I went to school with.”
Mongold, Jones’ friend, said in an April 23 Facebook post that he had nothing to do with the shooting — even going to the sheriff’s office to clear his name and submit a DNA sample.
That Facebook post three days ago stemmed from an April 12 Facebook post that alluded to a “kid that hit me with his car” and wanting to “beat his skull in” — a perceived threat on the youngest murder victim.
A commenter asks if it’s Chris Rhoden, and Mongold responds, “Yes.”

I thought he went in himself initially? Clearly he cooperated, but I was under the impression he went in as soon as it happened, wasn't detained by police at gunpoint.

Forgive me if this has already been posted.

From the Washington Post

"A coroner says seven of the eight victims in killings targeting a southern Ohio family were shot multiple times, and one had nine gunshot wounds."

this is OVERKILL- now it screams VERY PERSONAL.
one bullet to the head would suffice- but, no, these individuals were rattled with bullets.
I wouldn't have classified this as "execution style"- that insinuates ONE bullet to the head.
This was a personal rage.

Now, I am not thinking so much for the cartel- that is what I had thought all alone. Cartel wouldn't riddle people with bullets- especially every family member.
Someone in this family OWED ALOT OF MONEY to the WRONG PERSON/PERSONS.

Either is still a possibility. If you want information you don't shoot to the head first. You do that after they don't comply - or after they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member