OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now absent of the "most asleep single bullet to the head while sleeping" which can be quiet.. I think it has to be a lot more than one.

I wondering if they were trying to get something out of the guys that were beat up. Could they be beating them and threatening family members at the same time? Say okay we have a guy at DRs house and he is going to shoot here and her kids if you don't give up the info, no info, kill them and all listened to over the phone. Okay now they are at so and so's house and they will be next if you dont tell us or pay up or whatever. No info so kills, then so on and so on. Finally only choice left to kill the three guys. CRsr, GR and KR.

I wondering if they were trying to get something out of the guys that were beat up. Could they be beating them and threatening family members at the same time? Say okay we have a guy at DRs house and he is going to shoot here and her kids if you don't give up the info, no info, kill them and all listened to over the phone. Okay now they are at so and so's house and they will be next if you dont tell us or pay up or whatever. No info so kills, then so on and so on. Finally only choice left to kill the three guys. CRsr, GR and KR.

I'm wondering if they took Chris Sr and Chris Jr to the other houses and killed the others in front of them.

No idea. Did I misread or was there a mention of her son by Leonard or maybe by her? Maybe her son stayed in the car and that's why she said WE. Can't remember. JMO

I think Leonard was talking about HIS son (Bobby Jo's brother), but I could be wrong because it was hard for me to understand anything Leonard said.

I suggested reading Clarence Rhoden obituary 2008.......googled it and it is still online, no one seemed to have curiosity piqued, except me.....so maybe no big deal. JMO

what am i looking for, i did notice there had been a lot of deaths before he died.

This is from the Department of Justice re Appalachian drug trafficking - does not technically include Ohio but this general area of Ohio touches WV and Kentucky (Ashland KY is one hour away, Huntington WV just beyond that, route 23 goes right there):

"Cannabis cultivation and subsequent marijuana distribution and abuse pose a considerable threat to the Appalachia HIDTA region, as evidenced by the large amount of cannabis cultivated in the region, the level of violence associated with cannabis cultivation,..."

"Mexican DTOs and criminal groups13 are the principal wholesale drug distributors in the Appalachia HIDTA region; African American, Caucasian, and Mexican DTOs and criminal groups as well as street gangs and outlaw motorcycle gangs (OMGs) distribute a variety of drugs at the retail level and midlevel throughout the region."
https://www.justice.gov/archive/ndic/pubs32/32761/drugover.htm

And check out these unbelievable numbers. It's an enormous business, I had no idea:

" Kentucky's eradicated marijuana crop for 1999 yielded plants valued at $787,088,000..... Tennessee's eradicated marijuana crop for 1999 yielded plants valued at $628,226,000..... West Virginia's eradicated marijuana crop for 1999 yielded plants valued at $70,728,000"

https://www.ncjrs.gov/ondcppubs/publications/enforce/hidta2001/appl-fs.html

Yes people would kill over a threat to their piece of that.
I don't think their pot operation was nearly that big though. We're talking a couple hundred plants at most. They've, I'm leaning toward CRSr., GR, and KR, ticked someone off really bad. Possibly working with LE and got caught (just a theory).

I don't think their pot operation was nearly that big though. We're talking a couple hundred plants at most. They've, I'm leaning toward CRSr., GR, and KR, ticked someone off really bad. Possibly working with LE and got caught (just a theory).

I think the 200 was just the indoor and not all of the three locations.

I'm still not convinced that this really has anything to do with the pot growing.........seems very clannish to me.....and more about revenge. Maybe I'm way off. JMO

It is obvious to me who the police suspect in this case (since they towed the truck, busted in at 3:41 am for questioning, and have been really aggressive with, according to Leonard). So why are the police purposely leading us down a totally different road by suggesting it could be a professional hit?

That same person that police suspect said that she just wants the police to leave her alone. If I had personally discovered at least 4 of my close family members dead, I would want to do everything possible to help the police find out who did it. I would also WANT THE POLICE AROUND to PROTECT me. Unless I knew somehow that I were not in danger. Hypothetically, of course. MOO.

Cartel schmartel. There is zero chance in my mind that this was a professional hit.

I agree 100%. I think this was a Manley/Rhoden dispute. It is interesting that Bobby Jo comes to the house each day to feed the animals, because she doesn't live that close. Her brother lives right down the road on Union Hill with LM according to public records and he also has quite a history. It is also interesting that Bobby Jo used to live with ChrisSr according the some of her public records on Pike County site. So what happened that she moved out and away. Also if it was about Dana, why not drive down the road and take out her brother JM and father LM? They live very close to the house that Dana was living in that just closed on 3/16/16.

I think that is very likely that they went house to house like that. More than a couple of them, and took one of the men w/them, as they went and possibly killed him at the last place they arrived.

WPXI.com TV just reported more on the *advertiser censored* fighting...........
and illegal activity.
The father said it had to be someone they all knew because the pit bulls would of tore them apart
MJ, pit bulls, *advertiser censored* fights, money equals a disaster JMOO

This scenario popped in my head while fixing dinner. I'm typing as I think so forgive me if it bounces around some.
Dana goes crazy kills her family then herself. Maybe tensions between her and Chris Sr were running high with her just moving to his land. She shows up late to work because they were fighting. Her daughter has a new baby living with her likely messing up sleeping schedules. She works 16 hrs comes home late at night and something sets her off. She goes on a rampage( she has a record of domestic violence).
Then that morning her sister comes over finds the scene, realizes that Dana was the shooter, cleans up the scene and hides the gun making it look as if all were murdered.
This explains a few things: 1. the dogs or victims weren't alerted because they were familiar with her. 2. The issue of no forced entry. 3. Only one victim having one gsw(Dana from suicide). 4. The small children not being harmed. 5. The discrepancy in timeline for all the 911 calls and Leonard's interviews.
It doesn't explain why the 8th victim was found so far away though...so ??

Thoughts?

I don't think this had ANYTHING to do with the pot. If it was about the pot - why would the killer leave all that weed behind? He goes to the trouble of killing 8 people then just walks away from $500,000 worth of weed? No way. The fact that the cops FOUND the pot plants tells me this had nothing to do with pot.

Hey Folks,

Sleuthing minors and posting their pictures is against TOS. Please refrain from posting anymore.

Thank you!

This scenario popped in my head while fixing dinner. I'm typing as I think so forgive me if it bounces around some.
Dana goes crazy kills her family then herself. Maybe tensions between her and Chris Sr were running high with her just moving to his land. She shows up late to work because they were fighting. Her daughter has a new baby living with her likely messing up sleeping schedules. She works 16 hrs comes home late at night and something sets her off. She goes on a rampage( she has a record of domestic violence).
Then that morning her sister comes over finds the scene, realizes that Dana was the shooter, cleans up the scene and hides the gun making it look as if all were murdered.
This explains a few things: 1. the dogs or victims weren't alerted because they were familiar with her. 2. The issue of no forced entry. 3. Only one victim having one gsw(Dana from suicide). 4. The small children not being harmed. 5. The discrepancy in timeline for all the 911 calls and Leonard's interviews.
It doesn't explain why the 8th victim was found so far away though...so ??

Thoughts?

I don't see why someone would try to protect someone who had murdered 7 people, even if it were their sister. That said, I hope LE tests all victims' hands for gun powder residue. Just to be sure.

I don't think this had ANYTHING to do with the pot. If it was about the pot - why would the killer leave all that weed behind? He goes to the trouble of killing 8 people then just walks away from $500,000 worth of weed? No way. The fact that the cops FOUND the pot plants tells me this had nothing to do with pot.
If a cartel or rival wanted to put them out of business they wouldn't care about the pot on premises...that would take too long and be too messy to start collecting in the middle of a murder. They'd be thinking long term...putting the family out of business. The fact that pot plants were not taken means nothing imo.

I don't think they took one or more of the victims with them to other houses and killed as they went along. That would be brazen even for a killer in my opinion. What if someone was out and saw them walking around? I think they either had people (perps) at each house at the same time or they went from house to house.

The times of death would be really helpful.

I could be, but then it is hard to demonstrate a negative (show that locals could not have done it).

Though it is possible that backwoods crime clan carried out, or arranged the attacks, one needs to admit that such groups dont have a history of committing crimes of this magnitude in recent generations. Likewise, I can only re-call one vaguelly similar incident regarding a biker gang committing a crime of this magnitude (French Canadian (?) faction duped and then executed 7 or 8 other Hells Angels). This was about 25 years ago.

Meanwhile, the murder of family along with the primary target(s), over kill violence etc. is standard operating procedure for the Cartel.
While I tend to agree with you, I won't be at all surprised if another clan (can we call the Rhodens a clan yet?) carried this out. With a cartel hit I would just expect to see victims with heads cut off or some other gruesome details. Cartels also target children, these 3 surviving kids seem to be at odds with a cartel hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298