OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this had ANYTHING to do with the pot. If it was about the pot - why would the killer leave all that weed behind? He goes to the trouble of killing 8 people then just walks away from $500,000 worth of weed? No way. The fact that the cops FOUND the pot plants tells me this had nothing to do with pot.
The only way I think it has to do w/pot is if they caught growing and worked w/LE to catch someone else bigger and it backfired. But I really don't think it was about territory, or the pot itself, either.

I think CH and his dad are interesting. The crime cleanup business must be booming around there between labs and murders.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

EXCLUSIVE: Was execution style massacre of eight family members in sleepy Ohio village caused by jealousy over a $3,000 demolition derby car?
Ohio village massacre victims photos released as gunman hunt continues
Relatives of the eight family members who were shot dead in Pike County,
FOX NEWS

maybe I am late to this news.........just saw another angle?

I can't figure out why all of these people had to die. That is what is clinging in my brain. If it was to keep a secret, how would anyone know who had said what to whom? Doing this couldn't guarantee that. I would think a threat against the family would have more effect. I don't see how one person or even two could have done this. There were three people killed in two of the locations, correct? That takes alot of strength and control to take down three people in whatever way they did.

I guess the biggest thing to me is the so many people, in different locations and why this was necessary?

Maybe it wasn't so much about keeping a secret but turning a blind eye and letting things happen so blame placed on most of the family possibly. Just brainstorming!

couldn't be a drug cartel, they wouldn't care about babies..............who would get to raise the babies if all adults are dead?

http://www.clrfuneralhome.com/#!Gary-D-Rhoden/dffpr/571fb5a00cf269c350f0970c

Gary Dwayne Rhoden, 38, of Greenup, Kentucky passed away Friday, April 22, 2016 in Piketon, Ohio. Gary was born December 19, 1977 in Ashland Kentucky a son of Kenneth Rhoden and his wife Ruth of Flatwoods, Kentucky and Mae Diane Stewart Leadingham and her husband James of Greenup, Kentucky.
In addition to his parents he is survived by Two brothers James Rhoden and his wife Heaven of South Shore, Kentucky
Kenny Rhoden and his wife Sheri of South Shore, Kentucky and many friends.
Funeral Services will be conducted at 12:00 pm, April 28, 2016 at Crockett L. Reed Funeral Home by Bro. Denver Woods and Bro. Ernie Melvin.

Burial will be at the Miller Cemetery, South Shore.
Visitation will be from 6:00 9:00 pm Wednesday at the funeral home and one hour before the service on Thursday.

So both Gary & Kenneth had wives back in KY? [emoji33] or am I reading that wrong?

The thing that keeps coming back to my mind is the 'coincidence' or 'good fortune' that the murders happened 4 days after Hanna (HMR) had given birth and that the baby was not hurt. Now if the murders would have occurred while she was still pregnant that would have meant most certainly the death of the baby as well. So the fact it happened 4 days after the birth to me is 'lucky' (obviously this entire thing is tragic and I mean luck as in at least the baby survived). The problem I have with this is that it's 'lucky' for one coincidence (baby already born) but to have a second stroke of luck (baby not harmed during the murder) to me means we have two coincidences or strokes of luck in a row. That doesn't happen too often and it makes me suspect it's not coincidence at all.. I want to know more about CH's relationship with HMR.. How sure are we that he really was the father of this child? What is the possibility of incest in the family or that HMR's child was fathered by someone else? What else do we know about what was going on in HMR's life?

CH is not the father of that baby. He was just Hanna's current boyfriend.

The time lapse between when BJM arrived and the 911 call, makes me wonder if 911 is the first call made after first victims found. Considering age, and location, it's quicker to call family/friend for help than the police and at that age I wonder if the thought to call a parent would be the first reaction, especially since they're only minutes away. Maybe some cleanup occurred to prevent things from being found by police.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

So both Gary & Kenneth had wives back in KY? [emoji33] or am I reading that wrong?

Different Kenneth - the one mentioned here is Gary's father. I don't see any reference to Gary being married either.

The time lapse between when BJM arrived and the 911 call, makes me wonder if 911 is the first call made after first victims found. Considering age, and location, it's quicker to call family/friend for help than the police and at that age I wonder if the thought to call a parent would be the first reaction, especially since they're only minutes away. Maybe some cleanup occurred to prevent things from being found by police.

Let's talk about this and make a timeline. I'm not sure I have everything right, so everyone feel free to chip in.

LE Version:
Bobby Jo arrives at Chris Sr's house to feed the dogs at 7am
She enters Chris Sr's house using a key (why?) and finds 2 bodies
Calls 911 at 7:49 am

Leonard Manley Version:
Bobby Jo arrives at Chris Sr's house to feed the dogs at 7am every day
She enters FREDDIE's house (how?) and finds Freddie and Hannah dead
Instead of immediately calling 911, she then enters Chris Sr's house (using a key) and finds 2 bodies
At some point, she calls Leonard. Leonard and his son come over. (Where do they live?)
All 3 of them go to Dana's house and find Dana and Hanna dead.
Bobbie Jo calls 911 at 7:49 am (from where?)

Can anyone make any sense of that?
Note that LE took the truck that Leonard and his son drove to the crime scene (Dana's house?)

It seems she called her dad and brother and possibly they went in all houses before the police arrived.

Let's talk about this and make a timeline. I'm not sure I have everything right, so everyone feel free to chip in.

LE Version:

Leonard Manley Version:
Instead of immediately calling 911, she then enters Chris Sr's house (using a key) and finds 2 bodies
At some point, she calls Leonard. Leonard and his son come over. (Where do they live?)

Note that LE took the truck that Leonard and his son drove to the crime scene (Dana's house?)

Nope can't make sense of all that and it bugs me for several reasons.

One she only talks about one scene on the 911 call. Now that could just be part of the call.

BUT.. cops said she went in Chris's house and family waved down a deputy and they found the other two scenes.

Stories aren't matching and I don't know which one is correct due to other things cops and DA said that weren't as they said.

Also I don't think they are lying about going into the other scenes, though I don't know why that isn't on the call or if it is, it was clipped and the public told something different.

LE Version:

Leonard Manley Version:

I think that is why there is a "we" on the 911 call, at least Dad, maybe Dad and brother were there too, the truck being impounded and anger over that makes me wonder if items were taken from the house(s) and transported in that truck. I don't think they're involved in any way, but possibly cleaning up something that may reflect negatively on the victims I could understand.

ETA: I believe Leonard said he lives a half mile up the road when he was talking to reporters.

Do we know who was shot 9 times. The "anger" might be directed at this person.

LE Version:

Leonard Manley Version:

I will chime in with another question,
*why is Dana's brother living at their dad's house and not with his wife?

LE Version:

Leonard Manley Version:

Leonard Manley lives less then 1/2 mile away. She was calling from a cell phone more than likely. On the call to 911 - she says:

Yes I need a deputy at 40 inaudible
Give me just a second, let me walk to the mailbox
I think my brother in law's dead
Give me just a second, 4077 Union Hill Rd 40 77

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics