OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's been confirmed they are missing but I didn't read anything that said they were shot/dead.

That's extremely odd. I mean , I don't think they would run away and even if they did , some of them would have had to been noticed roaming town. And if they were shot, well where are the bodies ? You mean to tell me that these murderers had time to transport or bury them ? Doubt it .
And why would they take the dogs ? This doesn't make any sense to me !
The dogs would go willingly if the person or persons were familiar . Just don't see why they would do that

Does LE need a search warrant for a crime scene when there are dead bodies involved? Can they go in, but not search the house?

Leonard Manley said he learned about the marijuana grow sites in news reports Sunday and described himself as stunned.

“I don’t know nothing about that,’’ he said.

But of this he is sure, his daughter – who just moved into the trailer just a few weeks ago – could not have been involved in anything illegal.

On Thursday, she worked a double-shift after a co-worker was unable to work. She overslept and arrived at 8 a.m. and worked until about 11 p.m., Hillside manager Heather Frost-Young said.
I don't know, he sounds like a father in denial- shocked , angry.
My heart breaks for him. I think he knows "a little" about the who or why. JMO

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Does LE need a search warrant for a crime scene when there are dead bodies involved? Can they go in, but not search the house?
???
I don't think so, but honestly IDK!

I'm trying to catch up with all of the posts and this may have already been discussed, but why was the 16 year-old living in a house separate from his parents - eight miles away?

My thoughts are that whoever did this knew the family very well and they knew where to find the 16 year-old. I keep going back and forth on the pot operation and whether it had anything to do with the murders. I'm starting to think that it was not the reason.

Also, with the lack of recent press conferences and because it doesn't appear the authorities are still actively asking the public for tips, this leads me to think the authorities have a good idea of who did it and they are waiting to make their move in terms of arrest and charges.

I hope this is the case and that whoever did this is brought to swift justice.

The 16 year old was in a separate house 8 miles away? I thought KR was in that house?

Is there a connection with the post office bust on feb 4th. No names have been releasd and why. They said the value was a hundred thousand dollars. Someone owes that money

I don't know if anyone has looked into this angle here yet. Here is a link to an article about the Post Office bust: http://www.newswatchman.com/news/article_2b29ce0c-27a4-5f3b-9c28-ff921fe53003.html.

My first question had to do with why someone would be sending pot to Pike County (coals to New Castle, dontcha know). However, apparently pot was not the end product, but rather the production of hash oil--which apparently takes a considerable amount of pot to produce. The post office package led to another small grow operation--with multiple "shatter" (hash oil production) production points on site. So--this raises the question of whether the Rhoden family had an inside track and were buying their way out of their troubles by spilling their guts to authorities. Or were believed by someone to be doing the same.

If the public could be told that tidbit anyone buying these dogs or seeing anyone with these dogs all of a sudden could ID these killers. So why wouldn't they put that out there and show photos to the public?

I don't know, he sounds like a father in denial- shocked , angry.
My heart breaks for him. I think he knows "a little" about the who or why. JMO

I agree. He may not have been heavily involved, but he had to have known? Unless he really wasn't involved with his kids at all, I mean his other daughter, BM was there daily, and DR and CRsr seemed on and off again, seems unlikely he wouldn't have had a clue.

HOMICIDE SCENES: Officers arriving at a house in which a homicide occurredwill seldom know for certain whether there are other victims inside, or whetherthe perpetrator or an accomplice is still there. Consequently, the U.S. SupremeCourt has ruled that officers may, as a matter of routine, enter a house that is ahomicide scene and conduct a protective sweep.42 For example, in People v. Hill43 officers were notified that a shooting victimhad been driven by friends to a hospital where the victim died. The victim’sfriends said the shooting occurred during a drug sale at the home of AmeliaHernandez. Officers immediately went there and saw fresh bloodstains on thefence, porch, and on a car parked outside. Looking through a window, they sawwhat appeared to be bloodstains on the floor. Ruling the officers’ subsequententry was lawful, the court pointed out:Although only one casualty had thus far been reported, others may havebeen injured and may have been abandoned on the premises. There wasno response when the officers knocked and announced themselves, andentering the premises was the only practical means of determiningwhether there was anyone inside in need of assistance.

DEAD BODY: There is no “dead body” exception to the warrant requirement.44As a practical matter, however, a warrantless entry is usually justified if, as isusually the case, officers cannot eliminate the possibility of a homicide.45

http://le.alcoda.org/publications/point_of_view/files/exigent_circumstances.pdf

That's extremely odd. I mean , I don't think they would run away and even if they did , some of them would have had to been noticed roaming town. And if they were shot, well where are the bodies ? You mean to tell me that these murderers had time to transport or bury them ? Doubt it .
And why would they take the dogs ? This doesn't make any sense to me !
The dogs would go willingly if the person or persons were familiar . Just don't see why they would do that

There is no "town". The mailing address of these properties may be Piketon, but they are not in the village of Piketon. It's about a 20 minute drive via highway to get into town. These dogs could easily be roaming the forests for weeks without anyone seeing them, or could have been loaded up for any number of reasons.

Someone in thread #2 stated that family's grow operation was around smallish, around 200 plants but they didn't cite where they got that info. Where was that information obtained? I've not see LE specify anything about the size of the grow operations other than their were "three separate" operations for growing pot on the various properties where the victims were found.

I didn't see that either, I got the impression their operation was big, they have used "commercial" in the words but I'm leery of the words they use at this point when speaking

Kenneth was the only one in a seperate house down the road, with the red garage, not Dana. According to Leonard, Dana was living on property in the mobile home with Hanna and Chris Jr where Chris' home and Frankie's home were.

They can enter the scene of a homicide and take any necessary action to secure the scene for the safety of themselves and others.

Any further search action must be authorized by a search warrant.

The prevailing Supreme Court cases are Mincey v. Arizona (1978) and Flippo v. West Virginia (1999).

Pulled from thread 2..

Just Bobbi's words from the 911 call at 7:49am

Yes I need a deputy at 40 inaudible
Give me just a second, let me walk to the mailbox
I think my brother in law's dead
Give me just a second, 4077 Union Hill Rd 40 77
4077 Union Hill Rd
There's blood all over the house
My brother in law's in the bedroom inaudible has beat the .... out of 'em
There's blood all over the front room
Pike County
Yes and they drug 'im in the bathroom
Yes I did (dispatcher asked if she drove over there)
Mine's Bobbi
Huh? inaudible Chris Rhoden and Gary Rhoden
Both of them in there look like their dead
I think they're both dead, looks like someone's beat the .... out of 'em
Not that I know of (dispatcher asked if anyone else was in the house)
The door was locked when we got here but I know where the key was at.
I went in and they were laying on the floor.
I'm done out, I'm standing outside now.
Yeah I thank you (crying) said something inaudible

When WE got here. Who was with her?

Someone posted in thread 2 the dialogue of the 911 call again when BM says "The door was locked when WE got here." Who is WE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice observation! I just listened to the 911 call, and she really says "WE".

I think this is very significant. I thought that the story was that she arrived there to feed the chickens and then discovered the bodies. Then she calls 911 and after that
she may have called other family members. So at that point she supposedly is the only living person on that property. Could a nervous person under extreme stress
accidentally say "we" instead of "I"? I suppose it is possible, but I never noticed anyone doing that.

I do think that police noticed this too. Perhaps this is why they were questioning her intensely about what time she arrived at the scene.

She seems to have contradicted herself and may not be telling the entire truth.

The 16 year old was in a separate house 8 miles away? I thought KR was in that house?
Just noting for myself
16 yo was in 9th grade and this was a Thurday night/Friday morning.
His sister? HannA Had a newborn baby... & 2 yr old that was with other family members.
The other HannaH was a Gilley engaged to a Rhoden?
I'm sorry, having trouble keeping it straight. I need to write it down.

Nothing

Just trying to figure out how a professional hit would know she was living there if only moved there a few weeks ago.

Stalking. Especially if she's worked at her job for a long time. Not hard to follow someone. JMO.

If the public could be told that tidbit anyone buying these dogs or seeing anyone with these dogs all of a sudden could ID these killers. So why wouldn't they put that out there and show photos to the public?
\

I wonder if the dogs have made their way to a dog-fighting operation somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966