OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever caught that Bobby said "the door was locked when WE got here" -- great catch!!!!

I am now 99% sure that this had nothing to do with the cartel.

Do we know who was watching Hanna's two-year-old child The night of the murders? I'm really curious to know why that child was not in the house. Like, it was planned out that the child not be there. Who planned that?

bbm

In order to stick within TOS, here are some questions to possibly answer that - do we know who had custody of the 2 year old? Is it possible that she was not living with Hanna?

But how would they have been taken before the 911 call was made? LM implies BM went there and there were no dogs, found family dead. How would the animals be in custody already?
Huh. You are right! They weren't there when she arrived to feed them.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

With Bobbi saying 'we' and 'they' and the police questioning her could it be that she had gotten a call to say the family had been murdered from a perp?.

Could it be that it was actually the Rhodens that maybe started some sort of feud and this is payback?, wouldnt have had to be recently, these people can hold a grudge for years.

Someone posted in thread 2 the dialogue of the 911 call again when BM says "The door was locked when WE got here." Who is WE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if she already knew about the others and had called her father and brother. Maybe that house wasn't the first house she went in. We don't know for sure it was, they are still telling us she went in one and the family says they went in three.

bbm

In order to stick within TOS, here are some questions to possibly answer that - do we know who had custody of the 2 year old? Is it possible that she was not living with Hanna?

Not sure on custody, but the child clearly has a relationship with its father.

Whoever caught that Bobby said "the door was locked when WE got here" -- great catch!!!!

Do we know who was watching Hanna's two-year-old child The night of the murders? I'm really curious to know why that child was not in the house. Like, it was planned out that the child not be there. Who planned that?
Someone could have taken her because HannA was post partum, tired sore.
To give her a break as well.
To me with all children surviving, it does sound suspicious.
MOO

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Pulled from thread 2..

Just Bobbi's words from the 911 call at 7:49am

Yes I need a deputy at 40 inaudible
Give me just a second, let me walk to the mailbox
I think my brother in law's dead
Give me just a second, 4077 Union Hill Rd 40 77
4077 Union Hill Rd
There's blood all over the house
My brother in law's in the bedroom inaudible has beat the .... out of 'em
There's blood all over the front room
Pike County
Yes and they drug 'im in the bathroom
Yes I did (dispatcher asked if she drove over there)
Mine's Bobbi
Huh? inaudible Chris Rhoden and Gary Rhoden
Both of them in there look like their dead
I think they're both dead, looks like someone's beat the .... out of 'em
Not that I know of (dispatcher asked if anyone else was in the house)
The door was locked when we got here but I know where the key was at.
I went in and they were laying on the floor.
I'm done out, I'm standing outside now.
Yeah I thank you (crying) said something inaudible

When WE got here. Who was with her?

http://globalnews.ca/news/2659269/in...den-shootings/

Leonard Manley

Reporter: How close are you to the crimescenes?

Leonard: Half a mile

Reporter: What has it been like to experience all of this?

Leonard: Well if you really wanna know, that's my daughter and all of them laying up there, and they won't do nothing about it.
They impounded my boy's truck, I mean...

Reporter: Do you have any idea why someone would do this?

Leonard:Well, let's put it this way, I think, you know I ain't gonna say right now.
I'm gonna give them an hour, and if they don't release that truck and stuff then I'm gonna say a couple of words.Thank you

Reporter: What was the truck?

Leonard: Huh?

Reporter: What do you think you'll do if they don't release the truck?

Leonard:Not my truck, my boy's truck. Now he went out there and (inaudible) (something about his tag off) and they said it was, that he could leave it up there. Okay..
They let my daughter and my grandson take their cars, okay?
Saturday evening we had a big conflict up here with the deputies and things some of them were ...... I mean pure ....

Reporter: Leonard, which victim are you related to?

Leonard: Dana

Reporter: You're related to Dana she is your...

Leonard: Daughter

Reporter: She's your daughter? Did you have any suspicion at all that your...

Leonard: Well, I ain't gonna say, cause it's gonna interfere with them out there.
I, let's put it this way, I give them two chances, and I give them a chance Saturday and I asked DeWayne over there at the church in front of 150 people but you need to... If you want some information you need to go down to the Lawshe nursing home and talk to the people down there.

Reporter: Did your daughter ever fear for her safety up here?

Leonard: Well, I ain't gonna say that neither. I promised them I'd wait an hour.

Reporter: Leonard, what would you want people to know about your daughter?

Leonard: Well, she'd give you the shirt off your back. She worked hard and she took care of the old people in the nursing home, went to people's houses. I mean if you want anything on my daughter go to Peebles ask anyone how close the family was.
I mean you know, there's alot of things that's been covered up right here in Pike County.

Reporter: Leonard, what's been covered up? What do you think?

Leonard: No No I can't say that... yet.

Reporter: Tell us how you found out the news about your daughter.

Leonard: Well, my daughter feeds them animals out there every morning, Bobbi Jo the one that made the 911 call. She got the key to the place. She went in found my grandson and his girlfriend dead. Went down found my son in law and his cousin dead. Then she come out and got me and I went out there and my boy went to my daughter's house and they found them. My daughter, her daughter and her son.

Reporter: Who's home was your daughter in, was she in her home or

Leonard: She was in her home that she just bought.

Reporter: They just bought it. Okay

Reporter: How's the family holding up right now? How are you doing?

Leonard: Well, let's put it this way, you know was in my shoes and they come to your house at 3:30 in the morning after questioning your daughter and your son and your grandson and say we're going to take you back over there for more questioning. Now how would you feel? Then they tell you that you can leave your truck sitting there and it's okay and then they tow him.
Reporter:What would you like to tell if the person or persons is watching this tonight. What do you want to tell the persons responsible?

Leonard: Well, I think they're a bunch of scumbags.

Reporter: Do you think it's possible for someone to drive up this road and commit this without anyone seeing anything?

Leonard: Well, let's put it this way, it's really possible and you know whoever done it knew the family,cause there was two dogs there that would eat you up. I ain't gonna say no more.

Reporter: What's your last name Leonard?

Leonard: Manley

Reporter: M a n l e y?

Reporter: Are you worried about any other members of your family?

Leonard: Well, let's put it this way, you know, I asked the Sheriff and Senator whatever you want to call it over there at the church I didn't get no answer and I told him in front of 150 people that I (inaudible) my gun and if (inaudible) come to my house he kicks on the door and if he (inaudible) or something... Look out.

Reporter: Thanks Leonard thank you

To address the "they". They is sometimes used to describe one person , when not knowing whom is really being addressed. So she could have easily meant "they "as in killer. She wouldn't know if it was a he or she . Or if there were indeed more than one.
Hope I made sense there.
The "we" in the 911 call , I cannot explain. To me she wasn't alone and I can't figure out why she would lie about that

Anyone know what the conflict was about earlier that day??

"Saturday evening we had a big conflict up here with the deputies and things some of them were ...... I mean pure ...."

My view is.... mixed. A family member stated that two dogs at one residence would attack strangers. This implies local people that knew the family.

At the same time, the magnitude of the attacks, the deliberate targetting of family members, and the apparent level of skill and planning seems to be out of the league of a backwoods crime consortium, or even Outlaw Bikers from say, Cleavland.

I just dont think Outlaw bikers or backwoods hustlers would have enough willing "muscle" to carry out such horrendous attacks. Drive by shootings, after hours shootings in the bar parking lot, "beat down" lessons at a party administered with a bat and a tire tool are totally different. In addition, such attacks are not in their character. It would be extremely rare for bikers to target family members. Ditto for backwoods crime clans. It has also been several generations since an appalachian clan feud led to an entire family being marked for death.

I think it was cartel. They probably were not direct employees as the cartel seems to restrict these positions to ethnic hispanics. They could of had a 'franchise', or been independent contractors. Perhaps they crossed their employers, or were attacked by cartel "b" that was seeking to eliminate a source of drugs for cartel 'a' and to spread the word to other contractors that working for 'a' is very dangerous.

You may be underestimating the level of criminal sophistication of hillbilllies...but let me clarify my comment. I give about a 50% chance a Mexican drug cartel is involved. Hiring a professional hitter(s) only costs money, and any group involved in the regional drug trade would have the money available.

I think the dogs are throwing a lot of people off. There are dozens of ways to neutralize dogs without making much noise, and family members often think they have really tough, mean dogs that would bite your arm off. The reality is often that those vicious, killer dogs will come up and sniff you, accept whatever treat you have in your hand, and lie down to chew on it while you walk past. Getting them to hop in a van or truck and go for a ride would probably be easy

I think the chances are good the oldest was with her father or grandparents. The father seems to have an active relationship with the child.

I'm just sitting here thinking I have to be at work in 2 hours and I don't know if I'll be able to make it 10 hours without checking this. [emoji52]

Anyone know what the conflict was about earlier that day??

"Saturday evening we had a big conflict up here with the deputies and things some of them were ...... I mean pure ...."

LE impounded Dana's brother's truck, and kept questioning him and Bobbi. They were upset about that, and Leonard said if they didn't give the truck back he was going to start talking. He also said there had been alot of things happening in the county he wasn't going to talk about yet.

I'm just sitting here thinking I have to be at work in 2 hours and I don't know if I'll be able to make it 10 hours without checking this. [emoji52]

Hahaha I'm just glad I'm off work this week, just wish they would give us some updates.

Could it be an internal thing?, maybe a theres a section of the wider Rhoden family that dont get along, or some Rhodens that have maybe been shunned or cast aside?.

Maybe there was family member that went to the gardening section of the Rhoden family knowing they were making money and asked to borrow some, or to get a cut of what was being made, was told where t go and took revenge?.
Possibly, but I think the sheer scale of the attacks and the targetting of not just principal "actors" but their family as well makes it unlikely. I can see the a fact pattern of:

- "Pete": Hey uncle, I need to be cut in on the family "business"
- Uncle: "Sorry, cutting you in means cutting my profits"
- "Pete": "Darn". A few weeks later, the sheriff gets an anonymous tip from a "concerned citizen".

Regarding the dogs, couldn't they have been taken to sell or something? I hate to say it, but the wolf hybrid and pits could have been sold for fighting. Aren't the hunting dogs valuable? Maybe they are microchipped and will turn up on Craigslist or something...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

NBC News article from today

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/piketon-massacre-motive-undetermined-despite-discovery-marijuana-grow-operations-n561621

An incident report regarding one of the killings released by the Pike County Sheriff's Office on Monday said the crime scene showed no signs of forced entry.

Hadn't heard that confirmed before. It puts to rest theories that someone could have broken in through a back door or window.
Wonder if there's any way to get a copy of the incident report?

I saw an interview with the NBC reporter on MSNBC this morning. He said of the 200 MJ plants found, 100 were being grown indoors at one location, the other two locations were growing them outdoors.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2659269/in...den-shootings/

Reporter: Tell us how you found out the news about your daughter.

Leonard: Well, my daughter feeds them animals out there every morning, Bobbi Jo the one that made the 911 call. She got the key to the place. She went in found my grandson and his girlfriend dead. Went down found my son in law and his cousin dead. Then she come out and got me and I went out there and my boy went to my daughter's house and they found them. My daughter, her daughter and her son.

Another strange thing: Following Leonard's account, it seems that Bobby found Frankie and Hanna G. first, and then she found Chris Sr. and Gary. But on the 911 tape, only Chris and Gary are
mentioned.

edit: removed irrelevant text.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members