OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe that this was a cartel hit and I believe the people that did this will be known/close to the family. I won't be surprised if it's over the plants they found on the properties.

I'm having very different thoughts on this since I found out about the multiple gun shots and read grandpa Clarence Rhoden's (CR Sr's Dad) obit. I also question whether this was a "sophisticated" as LE says.

Clarence Rhoden's obit said he was survived, in addition to his wife and children, by "a very special family that he loved so much Bobby Manley..." and then it also lists two minors - a girl with last name Manley and a boy with a different last name. A special family...are these Bobby's children? Why were they special and loved so much by him? Was he ill and was Bobby his caretaker? He was only 69 when he died. Or did he and Bobby have a relationship? Could the minor daughter listed be his? I was leaning toward caregiver until I read about his jail sentence. Tangled web, I know, but at this point nothing would surprise me. Added to this, I read an article where an "expert" said that something like 20% of 911 calls about murders are made by the murderer and they usually mention how much blood there is at the scene. So, I keep thinking about BJM. Was she jealous of her sister? Did she think she deserved something from the Rhoden's because she was special to Clarence? Was she in his will? Was she tending the pot and the dogs but not getting as much as she thought she deserved? Did her sister's move into a house on Rhoden property add to any jealousy she was feeling? Is it likely the babies were unharmed because a woman was involved in the murders? Does she have a place of her own or live with her Dad? Does she have a job outside of feeding the Rhoden dogs?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/04/26/aint-got-no-revenge-our-hearts-ohio-family-says-after-killings/83530506/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories...s-not-likely-committed-by-mexican-cartel.html

Another thought on the surviving children - if the assailants were known to family or part of one of the families they must have covered their faces as I would think a 3 year old might recognize someone familiar. I know my daughter who is almost 4 would for most people.

The murderers left the children alone and weren't concerned a 3 year old might recognize them, why?

Maybe the killer or killers were never in the same room as the older children? I know the 4 day old was in bed with her mother, but, do we know where Frankie's kids were? Were they also in bed with him and his girlfriend? I kinda figured that they probably had a 2-bedroom trailer and one of the rooms was a nursery/kids room. Maybe I'm wrong about that. Maybe they all co-slept as well. But, if the other kids had their own room and the killer(s) was only there to take out the adults, he/she/they never encountered the older kids if they were in a different bedroom.

The only one we have heard much about is Dana. Everybody seems to have loved her. We have heard she was generous, and a hard worker. But you raise a good point. Why haven't we heard anything about the men? That in itself says a lot.

I have only heard this from her DAD. Have we also heard things said about her from others?

Maybe they haven't been sent back because of the danger that may still be lurking for the rest of the family ?
Didn't LE say arm themselves ?

But they said specifically Rhodens arming themselves. But Hanna's oldest is a Rhoden. The family the other ones are with could be parents and the two youngest could be with relatives that aren't parents and still technically under state care since they would be in the system.

I'm interested to see if there are other drugs involved since so many are in the health care business.

I am wondering the same thing ... that's why I mentioned my suspicions earlier. JMHO

I guess time will tell all.

I'm having very different thoughts on this since I found out about the multiple gun shots and read grandpa Clarence Manley's (CR Sr's Dad) obit. I also question whether this was a "sophisticated" as LE says.

Clarence Manley's obit said he was survived, in addition to his wife and children, by "a very special family that he loved so much Bobby Manley..."[FONT=Lato, sans-serif] and then it also lists two minors - a girl with last name Manley and a boy with a different last name. A special family...are these Bobby's children? Why were they special and loved so much by him? Was he ill and was Bobby his caretaker? He was only 69 when he died. Or did he and Bobby have a relationship? Could the minor daughter listed be his? I was leaning toward caregiver until I read about his jail sentence. Tangled web, I know, but at this point nothing would surprise me. Added to this, I read an article where an "expert" said that something like 20% of 911 calls about murders are made by the murderer and they usually mention how much blood there is at the scene. So, I keep thinking about BJM. Was she jealous of her sister? Did she think she deserved something from the Rhoden's because she was special to Clarence? Was she in his will? Was she tending the pot and the dogs but not getting as much as she thought she deserved? Did her sister's move into a house on Rhoden property add to any jealousy she was feeling? Is it likely the babies were unharmed because a woman was involved in the murders? Does she have a place of her own or live with her Dad? Does she have a job outside of feeding the Rhoden dogs?

[/FONT]http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/04/26/aint-got-no-revenge-our-hearts-ohio-family-says-after-killings/83530506/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories...s-not-likely-committed-by-mexican-cartel.html[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

I am just trying to keep things clear, but is this a typo? Did you mean to write Clarence RHODEN? I thought "Manley" was Dana's maiden name.

I'm curious when searching under "Adams Health Solutions" or "Adams County Reginal (strange spelling) Medical" that it says similar businesses are: Staff Hillcrest Rehabilitation Center and Northern Kentucky Behavioral Health - all four are listed in Peebles with a zip code of 45660 - all appear to have opened between 2009 and 2011 - are there any connections here? My suspicious mind is at work again ... JMHO and curiosity ...

There have been some regulatory changes regarding who can get paid for home care. I couldn't find a specific that included any dates, but here is an article that covers more generally some of the growth in the "industry."

http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...large-firms-small-players-crowd-industry.html

We need a new Family Tree made, with ALL the fringe people, callers, boyfriends, friends, etc. listed as well. My head is hurting…...

Agreed. Miami U isn't southern Ohio.

Did you all miss the part where I said I was born and raised in Ohio and lived there for 24 years? And yes, geographically, Miami U is in southern Ohio. It is a world apart from Cleveland, Columbus, etc. It brought me into contact with a LOT of Appalachian culture. There are townies and employees and lots of people not associated with the University. When you go away to college, you don't just stay on campus. This was a million years ago, but we would drive out of town for concerts, shows, parties, etc. because not a lot went on in the town itself. I'm just saying, this is a sensitive topic for me. I'm that woman who grew up in a TOTALLY redneck Ohio family, and escaped it. My own relatives proudly put that flag on their trucks to this day and I know damn well what it means -- even though they would never admit it. I can barely stand to speak to my Ohio relatives these days, as our country has become SO divided and I am definitely on the opposite side of the spectrum from them.

But this isn't about me. I am just saying that I understand the Rhoden's culture. My dad even has a freaking junkyard on his property in Ohio -- just like Chris Rhoden. I know people like that and they KNOW they are acting in a counter-culture way that pisses a lot of people off.

And that's all I'm going to say about the confederate flag and my Ohio background. Carry on....

IMO, no detail is truly trivial in this case. I was just brainstorming and tossing out possible scenarios. One scenario being that maybe she was late because of a family dispute but told her employer she overslept to avoid discussing her personal life. Maybe the dispute escalated while she was at work. Who knows? None of us. That's the whole point.

It has been said that Dana was on SM at 2:50 am but if she was that was a private post and I can't find it and get a screenshot to show she was. I saw no reason for that info to be said and not be true, but.. People will do stuff like that, so that may not be true. Publicly she changed a picture but that would have been while at work according to when they said she left. If the 2:50 am post is true, that would narrow things down quite a bit, but there is no way of knowing right now if that is true.

Nobody, and I do mean NOBODY on this thread EVER suggested this family deserved to be murdered. If I missed it, please identify that post number so I can see it.

In this day and age, with all the news, and all the FB discussion (all these people were on FB) about the confederate flag -- people know damn well what the confederate flag means to most people. They know it is highly offensive. If they wear it, they are wearing it to be inflammatory. They might not believe they are racists, but their actions suggest otherwise. Can we make that judgement about all the Rhodens - no. Just the 3 we can see wearing the flag in photos. However, I don't believe anyone DID make that judgement about all the Rhodens. Just the ones pictured wearing the freaking confederate flag and hurling the N word around FB.

Again -- this in NO WAY means they deserved to be murdered. It is simply a piece of the investigative puzzle. If they were doing things that pissed other people off -- that is HIGHLY RELEVANT. If wearing the confederate flag pisses me off -- and I don't even know them -- it is quite possible it REALLY pissed off someone who actually knows them.

And that is just one thing they did that was inflammatory. They also had a huge illegal drug operation, a *advertiser censored* fighting operation, 4 teen out of wedlock children with 4 different fathers, a possible dog fighting operation, a previous murder on Aunt Kathy and Uncle Henry's driveway... etc.

Those things make it hard to find them responsible, good citizens. That doesn't mean they deserved to be murdered!!!! But it does mean that one of those things probably did lead to their murder. That is just plain old common sense.
Nobody said they did, as far as what I've read. jmo

I'm having very different thoughts on this since I found out about the multiple gun shots and read grandpa Clarence Manley's (CR Sr's Dad) obit. I also question whether this was a "sophisticated" as LE says.

Clarence Manley's obit said he was survived, in addition to his wife and children, by "a very special family that he loved so much Bobby Manley..."[FONT=Lato, sans-serif] and then it also lists two minors - a girl with last name Manley and a boy with a different last name. A special family...are these Bobby's children? Why were they special and loved so much by him? Was he ill and was Bobby his caretaker? He was only 69 when he died. Or did he and Bobby have a relationship? Could the minor daughter listed be his? I was leaning toward caregiver until I read about his jail sentence. Tangled web, I know, but at this point nothing would surprise me. Added to this, I read an article where an "expert" said that something like 20% of 911 calls about murders are made by the murderer and they usually mention how much blood there is at the scene. So, I keep thinking about BJM. Was she jealous of her sister? Did she think she deserved something from the Rhoden's because she was special to Clarence? Was she in his will? Was she tending the pot and the dogs but not getting as much as she thought she deserved? Did her sister's move into a house on Rhoden property add to any jealousy she was feeling? Is it likely the babies were unharmed because a woman was involved in the murders? Does she have a place of her own or live with her Dad? Does she have a job outside of feeding the Rhoden dogs?

[/FONT]http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/04/26/aint-got-no-revenge-our-hearts-ohio-family-says-after-killings/83530506/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories...s-not-likely-committed-by-mexican-cartel.html[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

The obit and the others listed are questions we all have but we can't go there with the minors..

I have only heard this from her DAD. Have we also heard things said about her from others?

Yes, I think others in the community said that in the first few days. I found it odd that her dad echoed the exact same words they had used ("shirt off her back...")

Leonard Manley alerts sheriff more family coming to the scene/AG DeWine is currently touring. #CGnow #PikeCounty

9a268529eabd32ad85dedee659b3795f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do you think Kenneth would have keys to 3 other houses? Just curious. Is that something that's common? Giving family members keys to your house? Only one other person besides me and my husband have keys to get in our home. And it isn't an uncle or brother in law. Unless I'm missing something..
In more rural areas, yes. Not uncommon at all.

Leonard Manley alerts sheriff more family coming to the scene/AG DeWine is currently touring. #CGnow #PikeCounty

9a268529eabd32ad85dedee659b3795f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What does that mean I wonder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads