OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think a female could carry out this by herself (or a male for that matter) so I really wish everyone would lay off the person who found this horrific scene and probably got scared and ran next door to find the others. It appears to be carried out by more than one person. Cartel is probably a stretch, but don't think that cartels don't beat people and riddle them with bullets. They are not like the assassins in the movies. They torture people and it's messy. I think the only thing that is apparent is there was more than one person, and the person knew the addresses and layouts of the homes. Could be friend, family or someone who had been watching them. So someone who knew details and wanted revenge. Taking out a whole family is pretty brazen and screams retaliation for cooperating with police or retaliation for some other major fued.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Leonard Manley alerts sheriff more family coming to the scene/AG DeWine is currently touring. #CGnow #PikeCounty

9a268529eabd32ad85dedee659b3795f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has the home been released to the family?

That is an interesting theory. Especially re; the young ones being spared. Maybe she wasn't there but assisted in details. It would still hit you hard when you walked into it the next morning I'd think.

I'm having very different thoughts on this since I found out about the multiple gun shots and read grandpa Clarence Manley's (CR Sr's Dad) obit. I also question whether this was a "sophisticated" as LE says.

Clarence Manley's obit said *snipped on edit -- EG*[/FONT]http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/04/26/aint-got-no-revenge-our-hearts-ohio-family-says-after-killings/83530506/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories...s-not-likely-committed-by-mexican-cartel.html[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

May be best to totally avoid speculation about any paternity issues and minors.

Just sayin'.

What does that mean I wonder?

Well I can guess the Manley family has waited long enough and wants answers or at least to see the AG.

Honestly don't know

Wouldn't be surprised to see a MR Manley presser soon if he's not allowed.

I don't believe that this was a cartel hit and I believe the people that did this will be known/close to the family. I won't be surprised if it's over the plants they found on the properties.

Agreed. Maybe someone(?) found out that they were being cheated and wasn't/hadn't getting their fair share?

Why in the he77 is the ag there? Election year?

I know it beggars belief that a cartel could be involved here, but here's a DEA agent saying how that could be - so it doesn't hurt to keep it in mind(snipped by me for brevity):

"Baer, a 20-year veteran of the DEA said he’s constantly getting information about Mexican cartels and where they’re located, .........
Baer does have experience with the type of marijuana operations that have been discovered in Piketon. As an agent in Tampa, Florida he spent years learning the ins and outs of the indoor grow market...........

“It’s basically a lot of people being paid to babysit the plants,” he says. “They’ll have a couple of rooms in a house with a couple hundred plants and they’re paid to tend them. They won’t derive the revenue, all they do is water them, make sure the irrigation is properly working, and be the point of contact.”................

Despite how benign the job seems, Baer says it’s incredibly dangerous..............
Even if the person growing the plants doesn’t own them, they’re still a target............

“You’ve run a risk whatever drug you’re trying to protect,” says Baer. “The cartels wanna make the money and protect the investment. Working as an agent in the field for 20+ years, I’ve seen the toll of the trade for marijuana vendors.”................

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...hio-s-massive-illicit-marijuana-business.html

It crossed my mind in regards to m/s. There would be no evidence of a suicide if two of the family members fought and shot each other. Technically, one of them could have been the shooter at the other locations, then when arriving at the last location, meeting up with resistance from the last victim. Could be confusing for LE to sort through the evidence if both had their hands on a gun during the altercation. Could look like self defense against an unknown assailant and a beating, when it could technically be two of the known deceased who had a physical fight against each other perhaps? I keep thinking this could be family annihilator situation after all depending on order of victims, etc. I haven't seen TOD for any of the victims yet, or who sustained which injuries, if there were any guns found on the scenes, or even the order of the crime scenes on a timeline, so it's hard to say. For that scenario to make sense, the first house would have had to been the one several miles away, then DR's house, then FR and HG's trailer, and CR Sr's trailer last (I think if I've got all my facts straight). It would have had to have been CR Sr. and GR in the altercation I'm pretty sure based on what we know so far about the location of the victims. MOO

It truly is impossible to really know what happened and in what sequence. All we can do is guess without really knowing much of anything at all. Most have assumed, including myself, that it started at the two men's house but that may not even be correct. Others too may have evidence of confrontations leaving self defense bruises.

I am not sure how LE would know for sure where it first started either. If their deaths were within minutes of each other the TOD isn't going to help except knowing approximately when it happened. I imagine it was in the middle of the night but just guessing. Even if they find stomach contents in the victims' stomach usually the most a ME can do is give a range estimate within 1-2 hours etc. That is the problem when there are no witnesses nor did anyone hear the gunfire that we are aware of at this time. Rarely do men or women wear watches anymore due to having cell phones handy. In the past broken watches have helped set the TOD because it showed when it stopped working if the victim was in a confrontation with the suspect. I highly doubt any of these victims wore watches though. I am thinking the police thinks all of this went down very fast in a short amount of time.

I am inclined to think it is not a close Rhoden family member but of course many family members have wiped out their entire families. The motive for those kind of murders are usually to do with financial gain/greed or the family member felt left out about something. But in those cases small children are often killed right along with the adults.

I would think this family carried firearms and it shows none of them were able to get to their firearm in order to protect themselves. Which is why I still feel this started with the suspect/s being invited into the first home (whichever one that truly is) and something said or done ignited this firestorm. I think first came the fight/confrontation and then they pulled out their weapons and opened fire. Once they had murdered everyone in that house I believe they felt they had to murder all of the immediate Rhoden family. I think whoever this is knew that if any of the ones murdered, had lived, they would know immediately who did this and why. Imo, they murdered them all to silence them. That is why the small children were left alive because they felt the children wouldn't be able to tell LE who they are. However; as I mentioned previously in two murder cases a two year old in each case were able to assist the police with the investigation. One of the children in this case is supposed to be three years old and he/she may have been close to turning four so there is a possibility that they can help in someway. I certainly hope so.

As far as the other extended Rhoden family they may have not known about any of the trouble brewing and could actually be completely in the dark about who it could be. Maybe these Rhoden family members were very secretive and only talked among themselves if they had trouble with someone else.

We have a large family ourselves but our extended family we don't see that often and they don't know the ends and outs of our daily life like our children or their wife/husbands or our grandchildren, and friends do. That is simply because we don't get to see them nearly as often and we don't know the daily details of their life either.

I keeping thinking about what Leonard said about the nursing home where his daughter worked. Had word gotten around the Rhodens were selling pot and kept a lot of money on hand? I just wonder what he meant. He acted like LE should go there to find the answer. Has Leonard made any more statements in the past day or so? He seemed to be bursting at the seams to tell things he knows. I cant see him being quiet for very long.

The victim with the one shot doesn't really tell us anything either. This victim could have been the first victim killed inside their home and the perp was able to sneak in somehow and was able to shoot them without them being aware of their impending doom. Imo, it doesn't mean the killer/s had less anger and hate for this person.

Did you all miss the part where I said I was born and raised in Ohio and lived there for 24 years? And yes, geographically, Miami U is in southern Ohio. It is a world apart from Cleveland, Columbus, etc. It brought me into contact with a LOT of Appalachian culture. There are townies and employees and lots of people not associated with the University. When you go away to college, you don't just stay on campus. This was a million years ago, but we would drive out of town for concerts, shows, parties, etc. because not a lot went on in the town itself. I'm just saying, this is a sensitive topic for me. I'm that woman who grew up in a TOTALLY redneck Ohio family, and escaped it. My own relatives proudly put that flag on their trucks to this day and I know damn well what it means -- even though they would never admit it. I can barely stand to speak to my Ohio relatives these days, as our country has become SO divided and I am definitely on the opposite side of the spectrum from them.

But this isn't about me. I am just saying that I understand the Rhoden's culture. My dad even has a freaking junkyard on his property in Ohio -- just like Chris Rhoden. I know people like that and they KNOW they are acting in a counter-culture way that pisses a lot of people off.

And that's all I'm going to say about the confederate flag and my Ohio background. Carry on....
Thanks JaimeinLA, very insightful. :)

A woman posted on Facebook complaining about people talking about the family. She said "I am so sick of seeing all this ******** about the Rhoden family! I'm sorry but it was nobody's business on what they did! Yes some of us knew but it's nobody's business to be airing out their dirty laundry! It's wrong! They worked hard at keeping it a secret and here all you people are sharing it and running their names into the ground and it makes me sick! The cops should of never released any of this information to the world! What good did it do? It sure as he'll ain't finding who killed them!! All it's doing is making them look like bad people when they weren't! They were good hard working people who would of gave the shirt off their back to anyone and this is what they get it's not right! If you actually respected them you wouldn't be sharing all of this making them look bad! If they wanted people to know they would of told you it's just not right to share a secret that's not yours!"

Interesting... Nice find.

I may be wrong but I have felt since the beginning that they were staying tight lipped because they had suspicions of a person (most likely persons) and they wanted to get their ducks in a row before acting on those suspicions. Also, my first thoughts were they didn't want to spook the possible suspects. Like didn't want to let them know they were onto them. I could be way off base. I have felt since the beginning that the person(s) responsible were close by and it was personal.

I agree that the person(s) are likely close by--or at least the brains are, actually shooters could be anywhere. I don't agree that it was personal. This looks like business to me. Guessing it had something to do with (re)claiming territory and/or sending a message. I suspect that the magnitude had to do with not only amplifying the message, but also ensuring no pay-backs.

That said, I do believe that the remaining family members, as well as others in the community (including LE) have some pretty powerful hunches about who was behind this. But that's still a long ways away from anything that could justify an arrest--that is tracing back to the specific person(s) who pulled the triggers. And I would suggest that hit men ain't generally the folks in charge. So--I don't know that there are going to be ready answers any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298