OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most likely because the lead investigator is busy investigating, the BCI superintendent and assistant superintendent have actual jobs to do, and he's got time to kill.

This is not an election year and he's in his second term. The position is term limited so maybe another run for congress or thinking about running for governor.

Plus this has to be one of the most high profile cases or the most high profile in recent years. Its not everyday that 8 people are murdered. I am actually glad to see he is there and it makes me think they are really trying to solve this case and give the Rhoden family justice.

@ChilliGaz

.@OhioAG press update on Pike County murders at 3 p.m. We're planning live video. #cgnow

I get the impression there are lots of disagreements between local LE and the BCI about how this case should be handled, and that's a big factor in the discrepancies in what's released and when.

Sadly, the 3am questioning is (for the most part) how poor people expect to be treated by LE. I grew up in a similar rural area and being aggressively interrogated and bullied (and possibly beaten as well) would be nothing unusual.

I've wondered why the CBI isn't saying anything.

I can also see a different approach to people that might be less than cooperative with LE. A small amount of drugs they will usually ignore with a homicide investigation, but this wasn't a small amount. She could be not telling everything because she is involved in the operation.

If he was standing on the ground and opened the door he would be looking up into the camper.
That's exactly what I said to myself now that we know he was residing in a camper.

Quote Originally Posted by pisces51 View Post
I'm having very different thoughts on this since I found out about the multiple gun shots and read grandpa Clarence Rhoden's (CR Sr's Dad) obit. I also question whether this was a "sophisticated" as LE says.

Clarence Rhoden's obit said he was survived, in addition to his wife and children, by "a very special family that he loved so much Bobby Manley..." and then it also lists two minors - a girl with last name Manley and a boy with a different last name. A special family...are these Bobby's children? Why were they special and loved so much by him? Was he ill and was Bobby his caretaker? He was only 69 when he died. Or did he and Bobby have a relationship? Could the minor daughter listed be his? I was leaning toward caregiver until I read about his jail sentence. Tangled web, I know, but at this point nothing would surprise me. Added to this, I read an article where an "expert" said that something like 20% of 911 calls about murders are made by the murderer and they usually mention how much blood there is at the scene. So, I keep thinking about BJM. Was she jealous of her sister? Did she think she deserved something from the Rhoden's because she was special to Clarence? Was she in his will? Was she tending the pot and the dogs but not getting as much as she thought she deserved? Did her sister's move into a house on Rhoden property add to any jealousy she was feeling? Is it likely the babies were unharmed because a woman was involved in the murders? Does she have a place of her own or live with her Dad? Does she have a job outside of feeding the Rhoden dogs?

Interesting. More to think about.

I should have made a folder and saved links..

Anyone remember where the interview with Leonard was and/or a statement from Bobby about which houses they went in and what order?

Since that full 911 call is only about Chris and Gary, I'm interested in knowing the order. I thought it was said she found Frankie and Hannah first.

Tommy Gorman got into a fight with Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden last May. It started, Gorman said, because his son and Rhoden traded insults about each other's wives on Facebook.

SNIP

Rhoden was indicted for felonious assault. The case was later dismissed.
Rhoden and his fiancée were two of eight people found shot to death on Friday at four different locations in Pike county. He was 20.

SNIP

"No one deserves this," he [Gorman] said.

SNIP

Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk said the fight was a big one and when it came down to prosecuting it “there were issues to it.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ke-county-victim-and-now-mourns-him/83589190/

Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine joins @Willie700WLW next with a #PikeCounty murder update. Listen at 2:06:

I didn't hear the 2:06 report but the recap later had AG saying the money strewn around KR doesn't sound accurate and there are lots of media things going around that is not true

700 will have live report at 3 pm today on I heart radio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do you think Kenneth would have keys to 3 other houses? Just curious. Is that something that's common? Giving family members keys to your house? Only one other person besides me and my husband have keys to get in our home. And it isn't an uncle or brother in law. Unless I'm missing something..

Different families have different practices in that regard--when our kids were living in the area, they all had keys to our house, and my family back in Montana all have each other's keys. But I was thinking maybe keys to the, um, specialized agricultural room.

Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine joins @Willie700WLW next with a #PikeCounty murder update. Listen at 2:06:

I didn't hear the 2:06 report but the recap later had AG saying the money strewn around KR doesn't sound accurate and there are lots of media things going around that is not true

700 will have live report at 3 pm today on I heart radio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 pm Eastern?

If he was standing on the ground and opened the door he would be looking up into the camper.
Yep. Makes total sense now know he had a camper there. See how easy that was answered!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Things I think, in no particular order, and not necessarily important:

This happened because somebody or somebodies feels like the dead people really ripped them off over something, not necessarily drugs. It feels more like family than business, though.

I don't think Dana was supposed to be a victim. The killer(s) expected her to have been home from work for hours and to be at her own house. She might even have walked in on the murders in progress.

I don't think it's a cartel or drug gang, though drug growing might have been involved. Drug gangs would have gunned the dogs and the kids down along with everybody else.

The odd coincidences that bother me about this: Dana had only just bought the house, her daughter had only just given birth, Dana wasn't supposed to be working that late.

I think the killer(s) knew that Bobbi Jo would be the one to find the bodies. It doesn't surprise me that she might not have called 911 right away; rural people tend not to have much trust of or need for LE.

The idea that Kenneth was the first victim, and his keys were used at the other houses, makes sense to me.

I'm a little uncomfortable at the notion that certain parties can be ruled out because a cartel wouldn't use more than one bullet or a drug gang would have killed the dogs, or the children.

The reality appears to be that this family was in fact functioning as a "drug gang." I think that if we look closely at any "drug gang" (inclusive of those more stereotypically "urban," or those with out of country connections) we will find similar family threads, not to mention neighbors with their heads down about what they may or may not know or suspect to be going on. And I would suggest that any particular values orientations (such as whether or not kids become collateral damage) derive more from a surrounding culture than specifics about their drug dealing.

In short--I don't think that not killing the babies is a rule-out for anything.

Different families have different practices in that regard--when our kids were living in the area, they all had keys to our house, and my family back in Montana all have each other's keys. But I was thinking maybe keys to the, um, specialized agricultural room.
Bingo!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members