OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very odd. Just thought I'd share since it's the murder of a family of three.

https://www.thenewsjournal.net/no-a...gulation-death-three-people-deep-branch-road/

I find these comments interesting since the Rhoden autopsies have been kept secret:

Police also aren’t sure when the three victims were killed. Harrell said that it is possible they could have been killed Monday, and authorities would know more after autopsies were conducted Thursday at the Kentucky Medical Examiner’s Office in Frankfort.
“The pathologist should be able to tell us more about the time of death,” Harrell said.
Harrell said authorities feel comfortable that all three were killed around the same time period, but he couldn’t say which person died first or the order of death.

Someone had to be handy with firearms, and had to be capable of this. Right after this happened, this stayed stuck in my head;

The official said the killings happened before dawn. “This was a preplanned execution of eight individuals,” DeWine said. “It was a sophisticated operation and those who carried it out were trying to do everything they could do to hinder the investigation and their prosecution.”

http://fox59.com/2016/04/25/images-released-of-family-members-killed-execution-style-in-ohio/

There had to be at least one person who was the boss, who knew exactly how to keep the plan in line. There could have been a driver and an extra person to help inside but there had to be a leader who knew how to easily get in, kill eight folks in cold blood, take out the cams at the locales that had them, and try their best to stage the scene, and quick. That took a lot of thought, planning, and surveillance. It takes a special kind of evil to be able to execute one person, let alone eight, with one a teen mom, and another one, a barely 16 y/o kid. I can't see that plan evolving in just a week or two.

Edit: But I'm a super detail oriented person who over details...

I have always thought this was a way too sophisticated operation to have been done by your average "local" person. Murderers screw up and leave evidence at a single scene much less four scenes. I also believe local people and LE have not been completely truthful about this case. I'm at a point where I no longer think we will ever know the complete story on why and how this happened.

I have always thought this was a way too sophisticated operation to have been done by your average "local" person. Murderers screw up and leave evidence at a single scene much less four scenes. I also believe local people and LE have not been completely truthful about this case. I'm at a point where I no longer think we will ever know the complete story on why and how this happened.

I think someone, or some folks, local, know, and/or were involved, though, but it seems to me that someone who'd been in a position above your average Joe, had to be involved as well. Just a gut feeling. Lots of folks getting offed in their beds these days.

I think someone, or some folks, local, know, and/or were involved, though, but it seems to me that someone who'd been in a position above your average Joe, had to be involved as well. Just a gut feeling. Lots of folks getting offed in their beds these days.
Ha! True, seems like a lot if murders during sleep in the last couple years in that neck if the woods. It is not a common way to murder with maybe exception if immediate family murder suicides. Strange stuff going in in Ohio and Kentucky. I wish a cold case show would pick this story up. It would make for a great show and could use some publicising. I am thinking this will not be solved. There is no evidence.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I think that it was two shooters, another who saw to the dogs and took the security cameras and a driver. I also think that the people were known to them, unless I have missed that there was forced entry.

I think that it was two shooters, another who saw to the dogs and took the security cameras and a driver. I also think that the people were known to them, unless I have missed that there was forced entry.

I agree, they knew them. They may not have known all of them but they knew the ones whose face they saw, when they opened the doors. I'm leaning toward at least three, possibly four, too. Harder to keep quiet but, one, or more, of them may not be alive and well any more. Who knows. Almost 18 months later and I still think about this case every day.

I think the idea of some current or former LE person involved makes sense. Especially if Rs were threatening to expose the whole thing. How does a large operation go on that long without some inside LE protection.

It could explain how they gain access but still cant get my head around how many appeared to have been killed in their sleep. How did they do that so quietly?
If they got someone to open door for them, seems like ithers would have woken up too. you almost HAVE to have killed the sleeping ones first, then the ones that woke. this means a stealth breakin, NOT gaining access because victims let them in.

last note- y'all said dogs were there, but bjm said they "were nowhere to be found". still not clear on that point.

I think the idea of some current or former LE person involved makes sense. Especially if Rs were threatening to expose the whole thing. How does a large operation go on that long without some inside LE protection.

It could explain how they gain access but still cant get my head around how many appeared to have been killed in their sleep. How did they do that so quietly?
If they got someone to open door for them, seems like ithers would have woken up too. you almost HAVE to have killed the sleeping ones first, then the ones that woke. this means a stealth breakin, NOT gaining access because victims let them in.

last note- y'all said dogs were there, but bjm said they "were nowhere to be found". still not clear on that point.

She may have said no where to be found but also said one was in a chair on the porch, I believe. Hard to know what was the actual situation with everything that morning...

The thing I can't get my head around is that there have been no leaks! Nothing! Is everyone involved, involved?

The thing I can't get my head around is that there have been no leaks! Nothing! Is everyone involved, involved?

In my opinion the only ones who can lock down an investigation as tight as this one has been locked down is the federal government. Then again after the leaks in the current administration, who knows?

In my opinion the only ones who can lock down an investigation as tight as this one has been locked down is the federal government. Then again after the leaks in the current administration, who knows?

Not one single person that had seen the murder scenes have said a word about what they saw except for BJM in her 911 call and DS. I can not believe that they achieved that level of silence. Usually someone says something to someone who can't keep quiet. They have this murder information safer than Top Secret government information... Amazing doesn't describe it...

I don't think everyone was asleep. CR1, and probably GR, were awake, considering the number of shots to CR1, and dragging them to the bedroom. It's possible that KR had invited his killer in, and was actually sitting on his bed, maybe counting his money, when shot. I think that DR opened the door to them, HMR was probably asleep, but CR2 was found behind his bed, so he was likely awakened and heard commotion, and tried to hide. If HHG and FR were awake, they had children, so they'd not have moved, in order to save them.

Re; the dogs. BJM said that CR1's pits were in a recliner on the front porch, which was unusual, because they were normally indoors when she came to care for the animals.

Just checking in...I don't follow this case as much now that it's slowed down considerably.
Any new news?

Just checking in...I don't follow this case as much now that it's slowed down considerably.
Any new news?

I've followed pretty closely from day one and thus far there are no named suspects.

My thoughts only here. I believe LE knows who did it. I think there is not enough evidence to go to trial. I also tend to believe a few people know who the guilty parties are, but fear for their lives, or family members lives so they are just staying quiet.
Which, judging the enormity of the crime, I can understand a persons fear.
I keep hoping this will open up with DeWine running for governor.
Seriously, how long can they keep the mobile homes stored? This is nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem