OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of you and sending heartfelt prayers for you and your neighbours from Canada.

Thank you JGB! I'm one poster from Texas. Just checking in to say thank you to Ohio! I read the story of a fine young man from Ohio who came to Texas to rescue people. With all the water he hydroplaned and. . . Ohio lost a good one. May he rest in peace! A true hero! Several more stories in the news of Ohio people coming to our aid! We appreciate everyone of you - you have our back! :grouphug:

~ Boots

Ohio Task Force 1 from Dayton has been there a while. They do water rescues and other things to help.

Tricia still accepting donations; critical.
Thanks, Mercedes

Well since all we have is time, mayber we should start at the being again.
IMO:
Lies were told from the beginning, starting with the 911 call/calls. LE suspect the Manleys of something. I think they know more about this crime than they have told. I think all the Manley family knows by now. IMO they either knew about or found the bodies earlier than what was said. What's everyone else's thoughts on this?

Well since all we have is time, mayber we should start at the being again.
IMO:
Lies were told from the beginning, starting with the 911 call/calls. LE suspect the Manleys of something. I think they know more about this crime than they have told. I think all the Manley family knows by now. IMO they either knew about or found the bodies earlier than what was said. What's everyone else's thoughts on this?

I also believe the Manley family knows a lot more than we are hearing. L M seems to be spokesman for the M family I have only heard him once mention his grand children maybe I have missed it if there were more times. We have not heard from Dana's mother, I did see a pic of her holding a pic of Dana but no interviews from any of the family. I know they have more than likely been told not to discuss the case but a few of the M family answer questions in the face book groups. I would like to see the media push some of LE buttons we need Jody Barr back at least he stirred the pot

I also believe the Manley family knows a lot more than we are hearing. L M seems to be spokesman for the M family I have only heard him once mention his grand children maybe I have missed it if there were more times. We have not heard from Dana's mother, I did see a pic of her holding a pic of Dana but no interviews from any of the family. I know they have more than likely been told not to discuss the case but a few of the M family answer questions in the face book groups. I would like to see the media push some of LE buttons we need Jody Barr back at least he stirred the pot

The lack of media coverage astounds me. The lack of leaked information must make those in the White House wish they knew how to do that! It still bothers my brain that we never saw pictures of bodies being removed, or even grow op plants being removed. Those are standard features these days in any news reporting. Something has definitely not been normal in this whole investigation from day one .
My thoughts only.

The lack of media coverage astounds me. The lack of leaked information must make those in the White House wish they knew how to do that! It still bothers my brain that we never saw pictures of bodies being removed, or even grow op plants being removed. Those are standard features these days in any news reporting. Something has definitely not been normal in this whole investigation from day one .
My thoughts only.

I am not worried about not seeing bodies removed, but I am worried about some of the theatrics of this case. I mean blazing into town with sirens blasting with digging machines on them. Really? Sirens, like it was an emergency, a year after the event. I think that there is some high level interference in this investigation, although I don't know why.

IMO, all that was just for show. Trying to "smoke out" or "scare" the suspects. I would love to blame the Wagners for this crime. A lot of the "puzzle pieces" fit, but..... no arrests and it's not looking like there will be in the near future. I think the "big show" was part diversion and something to satisfy the public that things are still being investigated in this crime. What is going on with those autopsy's?????? There most be more to them, than what we tried to figure out on the redacted documents. I don't want to know for grissly details, I want to know because the more they fight to keep them away, the more curious it makes me. I think we would know actual time of death. From that we may be able to figure out sequence of the deaths. I don't understand why after this much time they have not reached out to the FBI or the public for more info. It makes no sense to me.
And now (IMO) LE can't lean on the Manley's anymore because they have a lawyer. Where did the money to pay a lawyer and bond for JM come from? Is it just a coinidence that they have retained the same lawyer that the Wagners have used in the past?
And I agree that someone in the media needs to step up and hold the powers that be accountable for the lack of information being held back in this case!!!!! My trust in our elected officials in Ohio is gone! I'm sorry people of Pike Co , but I would never recommend any family moving there and feeling safe for their family. All this is JMO.

The Wagners have no motive. They are a much more respected family than the Rhoadens. They would have ahuge advantage in a custody case especially when the Rhoadens involvement with drugs was brought to light.

I am not worried about not seeing bodies removed, but I am worried about some of the theatrics of this case. I mean blazing into town with sirens blasting with digging machines on them. Really? Sirens, like it was an emergency, a year after the event. I think that there is some high level interference in this investigation, although I don't know why.

This is why I believe solving the case or giving out too much info will disrupt a huge undercover operation or expose very high level corruption. The level of secrecy is inexplicable. This is military grade Top Secret secrecy.

IMO, all that was just for show. Trying to "smoke out" or "scare" the suspects. I would love to blame the Wagners for this crime. A lot of the "puzzle pieces" fit, but..... no arrests and it's not looking like there will be in the near future. I think the "big show" was part diversion and something to satisfy the public that things are still being investigated in this crime. What is going on with those autopsy's?????? There most be more to them, than what we tried to figure out on the redacted documents. I don't want to know for grissly details, I want to know because the more they fight to keep them away, the more curious it makes me. I think we would know actual time of death. From that we may be able to figure out sequence of the deaths. I don't understand why after this much time they have not reached out to the FBI or the public for more info. It makes no sense to me.
And now (IMO) LE can't lean on the Manley's anymore because they have a lawyer. Where did the money to pay a lawyer and bond for JM come from? Is it just a coinidence that they have retained the same lawyer that the Wagners have used in the past?
And I agree that someone in the media needs to step up and hold the powers that be accountable for the lack of information being held back in this case!!!!! My trust in our elected officials in Ohio is gone! I'm sorry people of Pike Co , but I would never recommend any family moving there and feeling safe for their family. All this is JMO.

Did the Feds take them out to preserve an undercover operation? LE eventually said that it was directed at this family and everyone else was safe.

The Wagners have no motive. They are a much more respected family than the Rhoadens. They would have ahuge advantage in a custody case especially when the Rhoadens involvement with drugs was brought to light.

The Wagners did have a motive. They were very upset with the Rhodens and didn't want to wage a custody battle that would end up with shared custody. They're narrow minded people who didn't want their grandchild to spend any time with her mother's family. They wanted to take her and move to AK, something that no court was likely to allow.

For some reason, they were also intent on moving out of the area. That may have had something to do with business deals gone awry or other problems in the community. Given the extensive searches by LE, it's possible they were also involved in some kind of illegal activity.

If there's anything we've learned in the last year, it's that there's long been an extensive network of criminal activity and some public corruption in this area (all of SE Ohio and into other states). It's a large criminal network(drug trafficking, money laundering, prostitution, etc.) with a lot of people involved; most likely some are those otherwise considered upstanding members of the community. It's a good chance the Wagners and others are part of this network and that feds have been investigating it for a long time. A lot of unsolved murders, too many for such a rural area.

The Rhoden family massacre was a major event that is threatening to bring down a lot of people. BCI & PCSO knew the ramifications from the first minutes after receiving the 911 calls. JW was likely the last person to see these people alive and we know that LE had already responded to problems between the Wags and Rhoden families. Yes, they're very much involved, but they're probably not the only ones.

Did the Feds take them out to preserve an undercover operation? LE eventually said that it was directed at this family and everyone else was safe.

That seems highly unlikely. If they felt the need to pressure CRSr or others, they have many other ways of doing it without killing the whole family. My take on LE's message to the community that "everyone else is safe" meant "as long as you keep your mouths shut, you won't get the treatment the Rhoden family received". No rewards, bully talk, few reassurances IMO seemed more like a subtle threat or intimidation of the locals who had a good idea of what was going on.

ETA: JMO the Feds have been on the outside looking in at the criminal activity in this area. They've been able to make a small dent in organized crime there, but have probably been marginalized with limited assistance from Ohio LE and judiciary. Most of this crime falls under state and local jurisdiction.

That seems highly unlikely. If they felt the need to pressure CRSr or others, they have many other ways of doing it without killing the whole family. My take on LE's message to the community that "everyone else is safe" meant "as long as you keep your mouths shut, you won't get the treatment the Rhoden family received". No rewards, bully talk, few reassurances IMO seemed more like a subtle threat or intimidation of the locals who had a good idea of what was going on.

ETA: JMO the Feds have been on the outside looking in at the criminal activity in this area. They've been able to make a small dent in organized crime there, but have probably been marginalized with limited assistance from Ohio LE and judiciary. Most of this crime falls under state and local jurisdiction.

I doubt it is the case that the Feds did it but I thought it would give people something to think about...

Someone please correct me if I am not remembering correctly here. IMO, these 8 murders occurred during an ongoing criminal investigation beyond the local level. Think about the federal agencies that were present at the scenes shortly after the victims were reported. I don't think the feds would have been at the crime scenes of these murders if there wasn't already federal involvement in the area. Murder is a state jurisdiction crime unless certain criteria are met that make it a federal crime. These murders, horrendous as they are, don't meet the criteria to be a federal crime. If so, the FBI would be the investigative agency and not BCI and PCSO. What the feds being on scene so quickly tends to tell me is that the murders occurred as a part of or in connection with an ongoing federal investigation of some type that is very big. The redacted autopsies and the subsequent long legal trail to see the full autopsies, state supreme court justices recusing themselves from the case, the rather large land area that was closed off around the crime scenes, the meager news pictures from the crime scene areas, the secrecy of the investigation, the moving of the mobile homes and camper, and the reticence of the family (not including one side) to discuss the crimes can only lead me to believe that making arrests of these killers would greatly impede whatever was being investigated by the feds before the murders. I don't think there will be any arrests or info given out until the feds make a move. Just my opinion.

Someone please correct me if I am not remembering correctly here. IMO, these 8 murders occurred during an ongoing criminal investigation beyond the local level. Think about the federal agencies that were present at the scenes shortly after the victims were reported. I don't think the feds would have been at the crime scenes of these murders if there wasn't already federal involvement in the area. Murder is a state jurisdiction crime unless certain criteria are met that make it a federal crime. These murders, horrendous as they are, don't meet the criteria to be a federal crime. If so, the FBI would be the investigative agency and not BCI and PCSO. What the feds being on scene so quickly tends to tell me is that the murders occurred as a part of or in connection with an ongoing federal investigation of some type that is very big. The redacted autopsies and the subsequent long legal trail to see the full autopsies, state supreme court justices recusing themselves from the case, the rather large land area that was closed off around the crime scenes, the meager news pictures from the crime scene areas, the secrecy of the investigation, the moving of the mobile homes and camper, and the reticence of the family (not including one side) to discuss the crimes can only lead me to believe that making arrests of these killers would greatly impede whatever was being investigated by the feds before the murders. I don't think there will be any arrests or info given out until the feds make a move. Just my opinion.

Sheriff Reader called the BCI for help and the BCI got the FBI involved for help with forensics if you can believe all that was said...

Sheriff Reader called the BCI for help and the BCI got the FBI involved for help with forensics if you can believe all that was said...

IIRC, from reading depositions in the Columbus Dispatch lawsuit for autopsy reports, the feds were not there at the beginning. Pike Co Sheriff responded to the 911 calls, but BCI took over the investigation within less than an hour. When the Pike Co Coroner was first called and left to view the bodies at the crime scenes, he was intercepted by BCI who had already taken charge of the investigation and directed various coroners to view victims at various crime scenes. BCI told the coroner what he should do, though they really had no authority to do that. At that time, no feds were present.

Looking at the video and photos of the investigators at the crime scenes in the following days and weeks, I don't ever recall seeing a federal agent among them. All DeWine and BCI asked them to do was run some lab work, IIRC.

That's not to say the feds haven't been doing their own investigation, but they can only bring charges for federal crimes. But they did detain and interrogate the Wagner family when they moved to Alaska.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member