UNSOLVED Oh - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if we can get a basement thread going for all the surrounding factors and people, we have a little bit more freedom down there-not much, but some more leeway.

Might work for now.

OT, I'm having a lot of problems with my temporary computer. My new laptop should be arriving soon, but I will probably be posting less for a while. Hopefully the new one will help. I'll still be reading, though not typing as much.

I started watching that thread recently, but there’s very little activity over there. I have lots to say about this considering the two people accused of murdering Hayslip have walked free and so has Friend who was originally charged with abuse of a corpse.

And now...another deceased person has turned up in the same area and that person has a very, very strong possibility of being related to this case. JMO
correcting myself because I can no longer edit my post...IMO opinion they have all walked free. Court records reflect their cases were bound over to the GJ in December 2017.

Last edited:
State investigating death of Rhoden cousin in Pike County

Identity confirmed. Prayers for the Rhoden Family. I cannot imagine their pain.

Violet Rhoden Taylor, 35, was pronounced dead at 10:01 a.m. Monday after her body was found on Lapperell Road near Stewart Hollow Road, according to the Pike County Coroner's Office. Her body was sent to Montgomery County for an autopsy.

Officials are tight-lipped about Taylor's death which remains under investigation with the state's crime bureau at the helm.

Another spokesman, Dan Tierney, said the request is separate from the ongoing investigation into the murders of Taylor's family members and he could not comment on whether or not there is any connection between the two investigations.

Last edited:
Well, for once the social media rumor mill was accurate! That's rare when it comes to this case.

Why was she there in that area? Near that road? It's quite a distance from her home.

Prayers and heartfelt condolences to her family. They've had to bear more pain and loss than most could stand.
I’m only speaking for my own experience in the last 2 days -the amount of leg work that had to happen to get this info out there in MSM was no easy task by several members of the public. Thankfully, some former reporters that covered the case extensively are still and will always be determined to get to the bottom of all of this. Of course that’s JMHO.

When I shared the info the other day, I tried to do so the best way I could without breaking TOS. Reader reported this death in a way that was not so normal. It was kinda reported vaguely in the middle of something else that appears to be unrelated. IMO, this may very well be the “break” in this lengthy, highly emotional almost 26 months. I pray that all 9 of these people get Justice-SOON.

State investigating death of Rhoden cousin in Pike County

Identity confirmed. Prayers for the Rhoden Family. I cannot imagine their pain.

Well, for once the social media rumor mill was accurate! That's rare when it comes to this case.

Why was she there in that area? Near that road? It's quite a distance from her home.

Prayers and heartfelt condolences to her family. They've had to bear more pain and loss than most could stand.
Based on both the spokesman’s no comment on whether Violet’s death is related to the other 8 victims AND her death being investigated by BCI, I’m going to go ahead and link her fb here.

Violet Taylor

Thanks for the link. This is so sad. She had lost a lot of her family in recent years, but she seemed to love her son very much. She seemed very passionate about solving the murders of her Rhoden/Gilley cousins.
From what we know so far, this doesn't sound like suicide. JMO.

I hope her death gets an honest investigation.

I’m only speaking for my own experience in the last 2 days -the amount of leg work that had to happen to get this info out there in MSM was no easy task by several members of the public. Thankfully, some former reporters that covered the case extensively are still and will always be determined to get to the bottom of all of this. Of course that’s JMHO.

When I shared the info the other day, I tried to do so the best way I could without breaking TOS. Reader reported this death in a way that was not so normal. It was kinda reported vaguely in the middle of something else that appears to be unrelated. IMO, this may very well be the “break” in this lengthy, highly emotional almost 26 months. I pray that all 9 of these people get Justice-SOON.

Thanks.

I don't understand Reader's strange response. He could have gone to the news media early on without revealing Violets identity.

I don't understand the secrecy and lack of transparency by local LE in these cases. It's excessive and obviously hasn't helped them solve most of the murders and unexplained deaths. This is not how professional LE conduct their business.

JMO

ETA: In case it's not clear, Zim really fed up with them on this issue. Look around this forum at thousands of cases and you won't see this odd behavior from LE or the local criminal justice system. Well, except for that case of the murdered woman in Alquippa, PA on Mothers Day.

Last edited:

Thanks for the link. This is so sad. She had lost a lot of her family in recent years, but she seemed to love her son very much. She seemed very passionate about solving the murders of her Rhoden/Gilley cousins.
From what we know so far, this doesn't sound like suicide. JMO.

I hope her death gets an honest investigation.
Yes, Violet I believe endured lots of heartache. From losing her mother to suicide when she was a child, to losing her 8 cousins, then losing her father and taking guardianship of her youngest sister (that’s available on Pike Co’s Probate site), and now her life has abruptly ended.

Looking at her sm, she adored her son, adored her sister, and spoke out against suicide in the past, because of what she felt from losing her own mother. She also spoke often of Justice for her family.

I agree with you, from what we know at this time, Violet’s death does not appear to be suicide. IMO, BCI doesn’t typically investigate suicides and if suicide was confirmed by the coroner, I believe that would have already been clarified as to not get the public in an uproar. JMHO

Thanks.

I don't understand Reader's strange response. He could have gone to the news media early on without revealing Violets identity.

I don't understand the secrecy and lack of transparency by local LE in these cases. It's excessive and obviously hasn't helped them solve
Most of the murders and unexplained deaths. This is not how professional LE conduct their business.

JMO
I couldn’t agree more! Something’s going on there and I can’t figure out what it is.

Curt Francis
Jennifer Burgette
Candy Newsome
Mykal Newsome
Chris Rhoden Sr
Dana Rhoden
Frankie Rhoden
Hanna May Rhoden
Chris Rhoden Jr.
Hannah Hazel Gilley
Kenneth Rhoden
Gary Rhoden
Bernice Hayslip

And now possibly, Violet Rhoden.

That’s 13 people with a possible 14th.

What in the world is going on in Pike County Ohio? And why is this being allowed to happen?

I couldn’t agree more! Something’s going on there and I can’t figure out what it is.

Curt Francis
Jennifer Burgette
Candy Newsome
Mykal Newsome
Chris Rhoden Sr
Dana Rhoden
Frankie Rhoden
Hanna May Rhoden
Chris Rhoden Jr.
Hannah Hazel Gilley
Kenneth Rhoden
Gary Rhoden
Bernice Hayslip

And now possibly, Violet Rhoden.

That’s 13 people with a possible 14th.

What in the world is going on in Pike County Ohio? And why is this being allowed to happen?

Ask those reporters if they've considered asking former US Attorney Steve Dettelbach what his opinion is of these cases and the endless problems in SEOH

Why won't LE and DeWine protect these people? What about S in Alaska?

Last edited:
J Kerns, who is bound over to a grand jury in regards to the murder of Bernice Hayslip, was married to a Newsome.

His wife died several years ago.

It could mean nothing, but HHG was friends with Mykal on social media, which links those two victims together. Weeks before the murders, DR shared a post on Facebook about justice for the Newsomes.

Violet was found at or very close to the same property that Hayslips remains were found.

Obituary for Penny Jo Kerns at Thompson Funeral Home

ETA-I can’t link Dana’s post because it’s now gone or hidden from public view, so take that part as my option. It was there. And now it’s not.

Last edited:
You can start a new thread in this forum (Crimes In The News) and just label it a suspicious death. Maybe list her name as Violet Rhoden Taylor. If you have more questions, just send a PM to one of the mods.

BBM

Rhoden family massacre: 2 years later, no arrests, no motives

Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk will only say that investigators remain focused on a former Peebles family of four who had ties to the Rhoden family but moved last year to Alaska.

He said authorities are focused on the Wagners in the investigation of the April 22, 2016 slayings.

The Wagners have continued to deny involvement, saying they too were heartbroken by the deaths of their longtime friends. Angela Wagner said her husband and Christopher Rhoden, Sr., were longtime friends. Others have said the two were also business partners who had had a falling out before the homicides.

n the absence of public statement or facts related to the investigation or the case, rumors continue to swirl about the case fueling speculation about motive and finger-pointing. Message boards and several closed Facebook groups remain active.

Junk said authorities have heard all the rumors as well and have chased dozens and dozens down as part of the investigation.

"When this first came up, there were a lot of different theories to who did this and why and everything like that, and pretty much like all of them have gone by the wayside or been disproven,’’ he said. Junk said there is no evidence of Mexican cartels operating in Pike County.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95