UNSOLVED Oh - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The suspicious part is that it was built by and located on the property of a family that's suspected in the murder of 8 members of the same family, just several miles down the road. Members of that family, LE has hinted, have been involved in drug or MJ trafficking. The family has extensive real estate holdings in the area, some near this church, where LE has busted people for dealing drugs, running meth labs, etc. Some of these are or have been past tenants of the people who built the church and own the land.

And, yeah, the local police refuse to talk about the case publicly, almost never mention the reward and have no suspects or arrests in over 2 years. They also preside over a county where most of the drug related murders in the last several years have gone cold.

Just as important as figuring out which people might have committed these murders is to understand why LE hasn't been able to arrest them and has stonewalled anyone seeking to help with the case for 2 years.

IOW, the problem isn't just with the killers. If LE doesn't stop them, how much longer before they kill again?
Where did "Members of that family, LE has hinted, have been involved in drug or MJ trafficking."come from? I have not seen that.

Where did "Members of that family, LE has hinted, have been involved in drug or MJ trafficking."come from? I have not seen that.

It was in some recent quotes when they said CR1 and JW's father had worked together.

JMO, we can rest assured that LE knows of the connections between CR1 and the Wagner family as they've been named subjects of LE's "laser focus" with all their names and photos published in local and national news media.

If you scroll upthread, you should find the article that specifically states that CR1 and BW (GW3) had business dealings together. FWIW, CR1 had 4 confirmed business dealings that we know of-weed, cars, & carpentry at BBL. The 4th is the LLC still active under CR1 by the name of Adams’s Health Solutions. You could probably go from there and see what your personal conclusion is on what business dealings CR1 and BW had together.

If you scroll upthread, you should find the article that specifically states that CR1 and BW (GW3) had business dealings together. FWIW, CR1 had 4 confirmed business dealings that we know of-weed, cars, & carpentry at BBL. The 4th is the LLC still active under CR1 by the name of Adams’s Health Solutions. You could probably go from there and see what your personal conclusion is on what business dealings CR1 and BW had together.
Betty wrote "Members of that family, LE has hinted, have been involved in drug or MJ trafficking." I would like to know where she has seen or heard that. That was not in any article posted.

Betty wrote "Members of that family, LE has hinted, have been involved in drug or MJ trafficking." I would like to know where she has seen or heard that. That was not in any article posted.
Oh gotcha. I read that differently than you I supppose and assumed she was referring to the R’s. I’m sure she will clarify :)

She answered "It was in some recent quotes when they said CR1 and JW's father had worked together." In other words, nothing to back it up.

You are correct, I'm making that supposition based on known facts about the case. It's entirely possible that LE thinks CR1 and the senior Wagner father were in business together doing carpentry and the murders were related to some disagreement about a carpentry job and that the 2 MJ grow ops on Rhoden properties had nothing to do with the as yet unsolved murder of 8 people.

You are correct, I'm making that supposition based on known facts about the case. It's entirely possible that LE thinks CR1 and the senior Wagner father were in business together doing carpentry and the murders were related to some disagreement about a carpentry job and that the 2 MJ grow ops on Rhoden properties had nothing to do with the as yet unsolved murder of 8 people.
No law enforcement agency, or main stream media for that matter have stated or hinted that "Members of that family, LE has hinted, have been involved in drug or MJ trafficking." Just trying to keep things factual and not full of rumors.

No law enforcement agency, or main stream media for that matter have stated or hinted that "Members of that family, LE has hinted, have been involved in drug or MJ trafficking." Just trying to keep things factual and not full of rumors.

Thanks so much for your devotion to detail. You'll find we engage in some supposition based on logic and known facts here. I apologize if I upset you by making it appear the W family is involved in something nefarious. They may actually be upright citizens wrongly subjected to LE's "laser focus" in this investigation. I'm sure that's why their properties were searched after they took off for Alaska.

But yet we have a poster stating, without any proof, that LE has hinted that the Ws were.

Actually, I didn't say they were involved in trafficking of other drugs. The focus of this investigation has been on the MJ grow ops. If other drugs were a part of the Rhoden murders, LE probably would have said so.

While we're on the subject, why do you think LE has made the W family the "laser focus" of the investigation of the Rhoden murders? It would be interesting to hear your point of view. TIA

We've theorized on other drugs, but we've never heard LE say there were other drugs involved, beyond weed, w/the Rs.
True. I feel like most things we discuss are essentially theories due to lack of verified information on behalf of LE. Honestly, in the beginning the public was lead by headlines and statements, to believe the murders were over large scale, commercial marijuana grows at three locations with cartel links. And then, Reader did a later interview where he stated these murders weren’t over a few small pot grows (paraphrasing). There’s so much contradiction and speculatatory headlines mixed with very few facts.

For instance, people think CR1 was beat. The coroner never said that in her press conference, unless I didn’t hear it. A news article printed that some victims had bruises and were possibly beaten. People following this case ran with it. And it’s was also highly speculated that he must’ve been tortured because he was shot in his arms and legs, when in fact a quick read of his autopsy says he was shot in one extremity, not multiple. I guess it’s all a matter of perception. I personally know from reviewing comments FR made on HMR’s fb that he was adamantly against any drug besides weed IMO and his comment also made it sound like his father was too. And that’s what keeps coming back to me when I think of motive and also what leads me to believe it was over custody/being scorned/jealousy/a family that gets their way at all costs.

BUT then again there’s This article Two arrested on drug charges after evidence found in homicide investigation and he wasn’t arrested for just a small amount of weed.

MOO COW MOO

Last edited:
Actually, do you think we can rule that carpentry theory out since the W’s hired someone to build a barn and never paid the people, resulting in a lien. If I’m a carpenter, I’m building my own barn. JMO.

Actually, I didn't say they were involved in trafficking of other drugs. The focus of this investigation has been on the MJ grow ops. If other drugs were a part of the Rhoden murders, LE probably would have said so.

While we're on the subject, why do you think LE has made the W family the "laser focus" of the investigation of the Rhoden murders? It would be interesting to hear your point of view. TIA
I have no idea why, although I have seen the "laser focus" words used in other statements by the same party having nothing to do with this case. I certainly don't buy that the reason they have interest in the Ws has anything to do with custody. Maybe a tip, maybe a statement made by a W themselves, could be any reason. But to make up a statement like ""Members of that family, LE has hinted, have been involved in drug or MJ trafficking." is a pure falsehood. I am one more to let the actual statements fall where they may without embellishment.

So you don't have a theory about why the W's are in the AG's "laser focus"?

Pike County murders: Ohio AG touts ‘laser’ focus on Alaska family

Pike County murders: Ohio AG touts ‘laser’ focus on Alaska family

Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine hasn’t named suspects in the 2016 deaths of eight people yet but has asked the public to focus attention on four members of the Wagner family.

“We’re not really labeling them,” DeWine said in an interview with this newsroom. “But we are saying we want to have the public focus on these four individuals.”

The four are Edward “Jake” Wagner, 24, George Wagner IV, 25, George “Billy Wagner III, 46, and Angela Wagner, 45. All are uncharged and believed to be in Alaska.

I would say that we are focused on them at this point like a laser,” DeWine told KTVA, WHIO’s Anchorage affiliate.

BBM

This year from Prosecutor Rob Junk

Rhoden family massacre: Here's where the investigation stands after 2 years

Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk will only say that investigators remain focused on a former Peebles family of four who had ties to the Rhoden family but moved last year to Alaska.

He said authorities are focused on the Wagners in the investigation of the April 22, 2016 slayings

True. I feel like most things we discuss are essentially theories due to lack of verified information on behalf of LE. Honestly, in the beginning the public was lead by headlines and statements, to believe the murders were over large scale, commercial marijuana grows at three locations with cartel links. And then, Reader did a later interview where he stated these murders weren’t over a few small pot grows (paraphrasing). There’s so much contradiction and speculatatory headlines mixed with very few facts.

For instance, people think CR1 was beat. The coroner never said that in her press conference, unless I didn’t hear it. A news article printed that some victims had bruises and were possibly beaten. People following this case ran with it. And it’s was also highly speculated that he must’ve been tortured because he was shot in his arms and legs, when in fact a quick read of his autopsy says he was shot in one extremity, not multiple. I guess it’s all a matter of perception. I personally know from reviewing comments FR made on HMR’s fb that he was adamantly against any drug besides weed IMO and his comment also made it sound like his father was too. And that’s what keeps coming back to me when I think of motive and also what leads me to believe it was over custody/being scorned/jealousy/a family that gets their way at all costs.

BUT then again there’s This article Two arrested on drug charges after evidence found in homicide investigation and he wasn’t arrested for just a small amount of weed.

MOO COW MOO

BBM

I believe that part about CR1 being beaten came from BJM in the 911 call.

No theories or speculation? That's allowed here at Websleuths. Do you think that LE's focus on them may be unjustified? Do you feel they are being treated unfairly?
I believe that LE must have some reason for focusing on them, and no, I do not see where they have been treated unfairly by law enforcement. But when someone states something as fact on here it should be true and not their wanting it to be true. Like this statement when you were first called out ... "It was in some recent quotes when they said CR1 and JW's father had worked together." Not factual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattooteena