UNSOLVED Oh - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O?T Does anyone know how much MJ this would be? I don't know anything about MJ (I am the idiot that asked what is left after you trim the leaves and stems) but I voted for this because I am sick of all the debate and think if it helps one person to overcome an illness or even if they think it does, then they should have the opportunity to try it, but I have been catching heck from my son since it passed yesterday. He says it's just a legal way for everybody to stay high. He didn't go so far as to say I must have been high when I voted for it, but he is coming pretty close. So just how much MJ is it?

The Gist
SQ 788 would legalize medical marijuana and set up a system to tax and regulate its use. The law would allow individuals to apply for a license to grow and buy marijuana. The application would require a doctor’s signature, but there are no restrictions on what conditions marijuana may be prescribed for. The state question also creates a licensing process for marijuana dispensaries, commercial growers, processors, and transporters, and it directs the state to create rules for the preparation and labeling of edible marijuana products.

Infobox-SQ788.png
SQ 788 would allow license holders to possess up to 8 ounces of marijuana, 6 mature marijuana plants, and 6 seedling plants, as well as 1 ounce of concentrated marijuana and 72 ounces of edible marijuana. Medical marijuana sales would be subject to a seven percent sales tax, with the proceeds used to finance marijuana regulation. If collections exceed expenses for regulation, the excess revenue would be divided between common education (75 percent of excess revenue) and drug and alcohol rehabilitation (25 percent). The law also prohibits discrimination against people with a medical marijuana license.
Medical marijuana: What will happen now that Oklahomans have approved State Question 788? | Slideshows | tulsaworld.com
Scanned2.pdf

O?T Does anyone know how much MJ this would be? I don't know anything about MJ (I am the idiot that asked what is left after you trim the leaves and stems) but I voted for this because I am sick of all the debate and think if it helps one person to overcome an illness or even if they think it does, then they should have the opportunity to try it, but I have been catching heck from my son since it passed yesterday. He says it's just a legal way for everybody to stay high. He didn't go so far as to say I must have been high when I voted for it, but he is coming pretty close. So just how much MJ is it?

The Gist
SQ 788 would legalize medical marijuana and set up a system to tax and regulate its use. The law would allow individuals to apply for a license to grow and buy marijuana. The application would require a doctor’s signature, but there are no restrictions on what conditions marijuana may be prescribed for. The state question also creates a licensing process for marijuana dispensaries, commercial growers, processors, and transporters, and it directs the state to create rules for the preparation and labeling of edible marijuana products.

Infobox-SQ788.png
SQ 788 would allow license holders to possess up to 8 ounces of marijuana, 6 mature marijuana plants, and 6 seedling plants, as well as 1 ounce of concentrated marijuana and 72 ounces of edible marijuana. Medical marijuana sales would be subject to a seven percent sales tax, with the proceeds used to finance marijuana regulation. If collections exceed expenses for regulation, the excess revenue would be divided between common education (75 percent of excess revenue) and drug and alcohol rehabilitation (25 percent). The law also prohibits discrimination against people with a medical marijuana license.
Medical marijuana: What will happen now that Oklahomans have approved State Question 788? | Slideshows | tulsaworld.com
Scanned2.pdf

8 ounces doesn't sound like a whole lot. Enough for personal consumption, but not a lot left over to do much selling. More and more states are jumping on the MJ bandwagon because of the high cost of investigating, arresting and detaining MJ users. More of that money needs to be spent battling the opiod crisis, a far more serious problem for most states. JMO, a lot of states are also looking at the benefits of added tax revenues from the sale of MJ. All the recent tax cuts at the federal and local level are shrinking state budgets to difficult levels.

I like the idea that the law prohibits discrimination against people with a medical MJ license. It only seems fair, considering it is available by prescription.

Tox reports were redacted and never released, so we don’t know unfortunately.

Some people made an issue of the size of the redacted area on the tox reports. It really doesn't mean anything, except they may have done more tests on some victims than others, probably based on age or other factors. The results could have been negative, but the area taken up for reporting that information would still be the same regardless of the result.

BBM

I took it literally. None of us on here (WS) was there at the scene and personally saw CR1. BJM was. So her description in that 911 call is more reliable as to the truth of what happened and what the scene looked like than our interpretation of her words is.

It appears, from the autopsy, that CR1 was possibly shot from beneath the chin, and the exit wound destroyed the brain stem area in the top of the head (looking at it solely from a layman's standpoint). BJM also said she pulled a cover back from CR1. So, according to the media, and GR's father, it seems she stepped over GR, who was shot in the head, three times, to pull that cover off. (The woman is no shrinking violet.) I agree, she did get a good look. Maybe their faces had started to turn color with the rigor mortis setting in, because she wouldn't be able to see anything else really.

Then again, maybe, CR1 had his shirt off and she could see bruising left by the entry wounds, which are smaller than exit wounds. If he had his shirt off, it would appear that he'd settled in, comfortable, for the night, and was not expecting company. Most males who I know, put their shirts on if they're expecting someone, they're fixing to leave, or they sit down at the dinner table. Maybe he and GR were guarding the trailer, but never expected what happened, to happen.

On another note; I don't think, according to the autopsy, that CR1 was shot through the eye. It speaks to the sclerae (plural) being free of jaundice and hemorrhage. The sclerae is the white part of the eye.

8 ounces doesn't sound like a whole lot. Enough for personal consumption, but not a lot left over to do much selling. More and more states are jumping on the MJ bandwagon because of the high cost of investigating, arresting and detaining MJ users. More of that money needs to be spent battling the opiod crisis, a far more serious problem for most states. JMO, a lot of states are also looking at the benefits of added tax revenues from the sale of MJ. All the recent tax cuts at the federal and local level are shrinking state budgets to difficult levels.

I like the idea that the law prohibits discrimination against people with a medical MJ license. It only seems fair, considering it is available by prescription.

It also prohibits them being fired from a job because they fail a drug test over medical MJ. You can't use it while on the job though.

Overall I think it is a better way for people to treat chronic pain than Oxycontin.

And yes I realize there is a potential for abuse, but that applies to any drug including alcohol which has been legal for decades.

Some people made an issue of the size of the redacted area on the tox reports. It really doesn't mean anything, except they may have done more tests on some victims than others, probably based on age or other factors. The results could have been negative, but the area taken up for reporting that information would still be the same regardless of the result.
True. For all we know, extra redaction was added just to cause confusion.

The Gist

Infobox-SQ788.png
Scanned2.pdf

That's a 1/2 pound, and a felony in Ohio and where I live. Get caught with papers, an extra baggie, and some cash, and you've got a trafficking charge.

Sounds like a pretty good thing they're trying to do. It's about time. It should go fully legal nationwide though.

Fair enough. I agree that the key word would be looked.

But the coroner also said there was some soft tissue bruising didn't he? I can't remember.
There was soft tissue bruising noted on one autopsy as far as I could tell. And that was CRjr. IIRC, there was a bruise noted on his arm. It’s always possible I may have missed it on the others though so I will re read this evening. Soft tissue bruising doesn’t mean someone was beat though.

For instance, I have a bruise on my leg right now. If I were to die right now (God forbid-I have lots of living left to do) that bruise would be noted on an autopsy and would be described as soft tissue bruising. Does that mean it’s related to death? No, because it was there prior.

The soft tissue bruising that was noted on the autopsies is a blanket kind of statement. The age and specifics of the bruising is not noted. I’m sure it’s noted somewhere and determined whether it’s related to being murdered, but we, as the public have not seen that. We’ve been given a broad statement of soft tissue bruising and assumptions have been made. JMO.

Another thing to consider, is the men all worked physical jobs where they were more likely to get bumps and bruises from day to day job activities. Dana also worked a physical job with caregiving where patients can become combative as well as her enduring strenuous lifting and movement while at work.

For my own perception, I just personally can’t and won’t say any victims were beaten until I see concrete proof of that. It doesn’t mean it didn’t happen, but as far as I know with what little information that’s been given, I can’t state it as fact.

The Gist

Infobox-SQ788.png
Scanned2.pdf
Probably giving away my location by sharing this but oh well. Weed was made legal here for medicinal purposes not too long before the R/HHG murders. The legislation is fairly similar to what you shared above. There’s lots of ins and outs to the “law”. Sure anyone can go get a card from a physician, but if you work for a federal institution, even a bank, you can get in trouble and lose your job for the card. As a seller aka a medical caregiver , you cannot posses any firearms. And even if it’s legal in the state, it’s still not legal federally. There was a big bust here after it was legalized. The feds busted a family operation that was legal by state laws, but still illegal by federal laws. Messy situation. I hope your son is able to perhaps alter his outlook a little though because there are many health benefits for people who need it. Just yesterday, the FDA approved the first ever cannabis oil medication for seizures. If used for the right reasons, medical marijuana can work wonders with many chronic diseases.

That's a 1/2 pound, and a felony in Ohio and where I live. Get caught with papers, an extra baggie, and some cash, and you've got a trafficking charge.

Sounds like a pretty good thing they're trying to do. It's about time. It should go fully legal nationwide though.

I agree. If it had been legal in Ohio the stigma that was attached to the R's when DeWine said commercial grows would not have been there and maybe more people would have came forward or contributed to the reward. It is partly because of what happened in the R's case with everyone backing off because of the MJ grows that I voted for this. I thought that was so unfair.

O/T I wonder if that means you can have that all at one time though? It doesn't say that you can't. So you could potentially have 8 ozs of MJ, 1 oz of concentrate and 72 ozs of edible MJ at once. Not that I care, I would have voted for it anyway and since it passed with 57% of the vote seems like more people agree with me than with my son. I asked him if he ever smoked MJ and he said no so I said see there you don't know anymore about it than I do. And since he has never smoked MJ in his life I don't see how he could be such an expert on how much it takes to get a person high. I really don't understand why he is so angry that it passed though. JMO

I agree. If it had been legal in Ohio the stigma that was attached to the R's when DeWine said commercial grows would not have been there and maybe more people would have came forward or contributed to the reward. It is partly because of what happened in the R's case with everyone backing off because of the MJ grows that I voted for this. I thought that was so unfair.

O/T I wonder if that means you can have that all at one time though? It doesn't say that you can't. So you could potentially have 8 ozs of MJ, 1 oz of concentrate and 72 ozs of edible MJ at once. Not that I care, I would have voted for it anyway and since it passed with 57% of the vote seems like more people agree with me than with my son. I asked him if he ever smoked MJ and he said no so I said see there you don't know anymore about it than I do. And since he has never smoked MJ in his life I don't see how he could be such an expert on how much it takes to get a person high. I really don't understand why he is so angry that it passed though. JMO

From the way it appears, yes, they can have that amount of each type, in their possession, as well as that number of plants. Six plants are more than enough for one person, or a family of four. Each plant, if raised properly, can give you about a pound of usable product. If I were caught with all of that here, I'd be in quite a bit of trouble. Now, if one were pulled over and had a 1/2 ounce on them, then they'd likely get a citation, appear in court, pay a fine, and go on their way, if it was a first offense. Even second offense, they may amend it down as long as it was under eight ounces, and that was the only thing that they had on them.

I agree, the reason that they can't raise anymore reward money, and the reason that folks may not be stepping forward, is that they confirmed the grows. I think that they may have known that was going to get out anyway, via DS, he was being quite chatty afterwards, so felt it was better that they acknowledged the grow sites.

Probably giving away my location by sharing this but oh well. Weed was made legal here for medicinal purposes not too long before the R/HHG murders. The legislation is fairly similar to what you shared above. There’s lots of ins and outs to the “law”. Sure anyone can go get a card from a physician, but if you work for a federal institution, even a bank, you can get in trouble and lose your job for the card. As a seller aka a medical caregiver , you cannot posses any firearms. And even if it’s legal in the state, it’s still not legal federally. There was a big bust here after it was legalized. The feds busted a family operation that was legal by state laws, but still illegal by federal laws. Messy situation. I hope your son is able to perhaps alter his outlook a little though because there are many health benefits for people who need it. Just yesterday, the FDA approved the first ever cannabis oil medication for seizures. If used for the right reasons, medical marijuana can work wonders with many chronic diseases.

BBM
Under federal law, neither can those who are medical marijuana cardholders.

From the way it appears, yes, they can have that amount of each type, in their possession, as well as that number of plants. Six plants are more than enough for one person, or a family of four. Each plant, if raised properly, can give you about a pound of usable product. If I were caught with all of that here, I'd be in quite a bit of trouble. Now, if one were pulled over and had a 1/2 ounce on them, then they'd likely get a citation, appear in court, pay a fine, and go on their way, if it was a first offense. Even second offense, they may amend it down as long as it was under eight ounces, and that was the only thing that they had on them.

I agree, the reason that they can't raise anymore reward money, and the reason that folks may not be stepping forward, is that they confirmed the grows. I think that they may have known that was going to get out anyway, via DS, he was being quite chatty afterwards, so felt it was better that they acknowledged the grow sites.

But couldn't a family of four have 24 plants?

I think DeWine was so eager to find something to absolve the BCI of all responsibility if they couldn't make an arrest that he was casting about for anything to put the blame on the victims. Look at Fran and those chickens. I never could figure out how Fran DeWine knew all about cockfighting. Then there was that big show over towing all the vehicles.

One thing I would like to mention. We have all speculated about what was in those trailers and if this started out as a robbery gone awry. But thinking about BJM and her saying that the door was always unlocked, it doesn't seem there would be anything of value in CR1's trailer if he left it unlocked while he was gone. I mean there couldn't have been anything he was worried about anyone stealing if he went to work everyday and left the door unlocked.
JMO

Here’s a good example of how it works in one state. It’s also worth noting a caregiver can have a certain number of “patients” so the rule applies per patient, not per grow op. Someone with the max # of patients is going to have a significant amount more weed than someone with say 1 or 2 patients.

https://baronedefensefirm.com/blog/how-much-marijuana-can-a-caregiver-legally-possess-in-michigan/

Here’s a good example of how it works in one state. It’s also worth noting a caregiver can have a certain number of “patients” so the rule applies per patient, not per grow op. Someone with the max # of patients is going to have a significant amount more weed than someone with say 1 or 2 patients.

https://baronedefensefirm.com/blog/how-much-marijuana-can-a-caregiver-legally-possess-in-michigan/

So under the law just passed, if they had 5 patients who can each have 8 ozs or 1/2 lb then a caregiver can have 2 1/2 lbs for patients plus 1/2 lb for themselves for a total of 3 lbs overall. Hmmm.

I think it should go legal all over the USA . It should be treated as alcohol is, packaged under the FDA rules, taxed and sold in liquor stores.

JMO

So under the law just passed, if they had 5 patients who can each have 8 ozs or 1/2 lb then a caregiver can have 2 1/2 lbs for patients plus 1/2 lb for themselves for a total of 3 lbs overall. Hmmm.

I think it should go legal all over the USA . It should be treated as alcohol is, packaged under the FDA rules, taxed and sold in liquor stores.

JMO
Yes. That’s how it works. And if a caregiver is also a patient they can have even more in their possession. And I’m with ya, I support it being legal. It’s way safer than alcohol. I’ve yet to see a case where someone gets too high from a joint and beats their spouse or fistsfights someone, unlike alcohol which ruins people’s lives along with killing people.

Personally, I would like it for medical purposes only until a bit more is known about it's effects on humans. It may not be any worse than drinking alcohol but we know a lot more about what happens when that is consumed. There is no limit set for the amount you can have in your system to be safe driving and no quick way to test the level in your system. With the CBD Oil used for medicinal purposes, this is not a problem, just for recreational use.

Personally, I would like it for medical purposes only until a bit more is known about it's effects on humans. It may not be any worse than drinking alcohol but we know a lot more about what happens when that is consumed. There is no limit set for the amount you can have in your system to be safe driving and no quick way to test the level in your system. With the CBD Oil used for medicinal purposes, this is not a problem, just for recreational use.
I agree to an extent. However, marijuana is way safer than opiates for pain management and people drive on pain pills all the time (it’s not okay to drive under the influence of anything).

Discussing all of this makes me again wonder about Adams’s Health Solutions and what it was truly used for. IMO, it’s doubtful the purpose of that business was for when marijuana was legalized in the future years to come. I believe the LLC originated in 2009...almost a decade before medicinal marijuana hit the ballots in Ohio.

ETA-I’m biased and I’ll openly admit it. Watching alcohol ruin several family members, some resulting in death have me a complete dislike for thinking it’s okay because it’s legal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member