UNSOLVED Oh - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that KR may have been awake, because of DS saying he saw blood in his eyes, which led me to believe that his eyes were open.

I almost think that DR let them inside. I believe that two people could have pulled this off. There were probably more than two, but two could have done this.
Most people found dead have their eyes half open, whether their eyes are open or closed when they die.

Make sure to check out the thread for Violet Rhoden Taylor here. She was their cousin, died mysteriously a couple of weeks ago. Found shot in the chest with a shotgun way back in a holler in the woods 10 miles from home. She was walking there with an acquaintance .

Five witnesses who claim it was suicide. Always diligent law enforcement tried to agree with them and sweep it under the rug. Now they have a suspect, but don't want to arrest him or release his name.

We have an AG, prosecutor and LE who don't even want to talk about all these murders, let alone investigate them.
I still can’t wrap my mind around this. A suspect who’s name is being withheld, but over here on this thread we have the W’s who’ve fallen just short of being labeled as such and their names and faces have been plastered worldwide.

I think that KR may have been awake, because of DS saying he saw blood in his eyes, which led me to believe that his eyes were open.

I almost think that DR let them inside. I believe that two people could have pulled this off. There were probably more than two, but two could have done this.
I think two people or even one could have pulled this off. I don’t see it as being a large group effort that night because it presents too many risks IMO.

In regards to KR, I almost wonder if he sat up in bed and was giving someone he knew money. They shot him and the bodies natural reflex would be to fall backwards into a lying position. Perhaps that’s how the money ended up laying on his body.

Last edited:
I think two people or even one could have pulled this off. I don’t see it as being a large group effort that night because it presents too many risks IMO.

In regards to KR, I almost wonder if he sat up in bed and was giving someone he knew money. They shot him and the bodies natural reflex would be to fall backwards into a lying position. Perhaps that’s how the money ended up laying on his body.

His ex wife said he emptied his wallet every morning and counted his cash I think. DS said 1K was on the bed with him. As much as I hate to say it, if DS is telling the truth about the car auction, then he could have possibly had that much cash to buy a car and was counting it to be sure of what he had.

JMO

His ex wife said he emptied his wallet every morning and counted his cash I think. DS said 1K was on the bed with him. As much as I hate to say it, if DS is telling the truth about the car auction, then he could have possibly had that much cash to buy a car and was counting it to be sure of what he had.

JMO
JMO, but I think that 1k amount came from Daily Mail using headlines for the “wow” factor. IIRC, that’s the only media source that reported that and in DS’ video interview he never mentioned a dollar amount.

I actually hope that the dollar amount came from the media source trying to gain clicks because for DS to know the exact dollar amount would mean he had to stand there and count $1,000 laying on his deceased cousin’s body.

The whole scenario confuses me honestly because the family stated in articles that they believed KR was at work that morning and that’s why he wasn’t answering the phone. And then there’s DS with the car auction plans. I’m thought it was plans to work on cars and DS mentioned that they went to car auctions together. IMO, someone can’t be at work if their going to a car auction but they also can’t be at a car auction if they’re at work. And if they had plans for the car auction, why didn’t DS go to KR’s in the morning? Instead he went there with KR’s son around lunch time to check on KR.

Last edited:

I agree, I've always thought he was awake, and saw his killer. I think he may have been relaxed and getting ready to turn in, and was emptying his pockets. Again, another victim, I'd like to know about what he was wearing when found. He could have been holding his jeans going through the pockets, or had just laid down, because that fifth wheel bed, if it's up top, he'd not be able to sit up very high. Someone could have gone through his jeans and tossed the stuff on his body. I think DS may have exaggerated a bit on the amount of money.

JMO, but I think that 1k amount came from Daily Mail using headlines for the “wow” factor. IIRC, that’s the only media source that reported that and in DS’ video interview he never mentioned a dollar amount.

I actually hope that the dollar amount came from the media source trying to gain clicks because for DS to know the exact dollar amount would mean he had to stand there and count $1,000 laying on his deceased cousin’s body.

The whole scenario confuses me honestly because the family stated in articles that they believed KR was at work the morning and that’s why he wasn’t answering the phone. And then there’s DS with the car auction plans. IMO, someone can’t be at work if their going to a car auction but they also can’t be at a car auction if their at work. And if they had plans for the car auction, why didn’t DS go to KR’s in the morning? Instead he went there with KR’s son around lunch time to check on KR.

This. This bugs me to high Heaven, from the git go. 911 call and all. It wasn't so much a car auction, he and KR were supposed to work on cars that Friday morning, and he even said that KR was up most morning by 5:30, working on vehicles (I guess mornings he didn't have work). Why on earth did DS not find it odd that KR had not checked in or why had he had not checked on him, himself? It makes no sense. Yes, he was deceased and it would not have brought him back, but he had to know that he should have been home, and he'd shown up at UHR. Everyone else seemed to think KR was at work, until after lunch, when he never called back. Why didn't DS say something?

JMO

It wasn't a car auction. They were just going to work on vehicles that next day. DS comments make no sense though. KR would normally be leaving for work by that time. Maybe he's speaking about weekends?

'I was supposed to meet him the night before and go to work on some cars with him in the morning.

'When I didn't hear from him I went to the camper and it was unlocked and his truck was outside and I felt there must have been something wrong.

'It was the afternoon and he would normally be out working on cars at 5.30 am.'

Ohio family massacre victim had $1k in cash strewn at his feet and was shot in the head | Daily Mail Online

This. This bugs me to high Heaven, from the git go. 911 call and all. It wasn't so much a car auction, he and KR were supposed to work on cars that Friday morning, and he even said that KR was up most morning by 5:30, working on vehicles (I guess mornings he didn't have work). Why on earth did DS not find it odd that KR had not checked in or why had he had not checked on him, himself? It makes no sense. Yes, he was deceased and it would not have brought him back, but he had to know that he should have been home, and he'd shown up at UHR. Everyone else seemed to think KR was at work, until after lunch, when he never called back. Why didn't DS say something?
I agree. This is something I’ve never been able to write off. There’s no explanation for it. Even if someone were to say DS had a few too many beverages the night before and overslept causing him to miss working on cars (just an example, not fact), it still doesn’t explain why he didn’t alert the family when they were all at the barricade on UHR OR why he didn’t go over to KR’s when he woke up. I suppose he could have woken up and assumed KR was already at work. But still...

There has to be more to the story that we haven’t been made aware of. IMO, if we take DS out of it, it seems like LE should have done a welfare check on every immediate family member. It makes zero sense why with 6 Rhodens deceased along with Hannah Hazel on UHR that yet another family member had to go check on KR on LFR. Why did LE even allow that after 3 crime scenes had been contaminated by family finding the other victims?

JMO

Was the cash DS talked about ever verified by LE?

The whole scenario confuses me honestly because the family stated in articles that they believed KR was at work that morning and that’s why he wasn’t answering the phone. And then there’s DS with the car auction plans. I’m thought it was plans to work on cars and DS mentioned that they went to car auctions together. IMO, someone can’t be at work if their going to a car auction but they also can’t be at a car auction if they’re at work. And if they had plans for the car auction, why didn’t DS go to KR’s in the morning? Instead he went there with KR’s son around lunch time to check on KR.

DS has never said he tried to call that morning after he was to have spent the night to do things with KR in the morning. Why did he not go there first thing that morning if they had plans. Has he ever said why he did not spend the night? Then after he finds KR dead, he wanders around the property a while before calling LE. Personally, I think he was there before he was at the church and sent to check on him. I have some thoughts as to what he did when he was there. I have always thought his picture should have been shown when Reader said not everyone was being truthful.
As to that $1000 figure, if correct, and if that was supposed to be for buying stuff at a car auction, that wouldn't buy much these days. A car that isn't worth fixing is worth close to that at scrap metal prices.

I agree. This is something I’ve never been able to write off. There’s no explanation for it. Even if someone were to say DS had a few too many beverages the night before and overslept causing him to miss working on cars (just an example, not fact), it still doesn’t explain why he didn’t alert the family when they were all at the barricade on UHR OR why he didn’t go over to KR’s when he woke up. I suppose he could have woken up and assumed KR was already at work. But still...

There has to be more to the story that we haven’t been made aware of. IMO, if we take DS out of it, it seems like LE should have done a welfare check on every immediate family member. It makes zero sense why with 6 Rhodens deceased along with Hannah Hazel on UHR that yet another family member had to go check on KR on LFR. Why did LE even allow that after 3 crime scenes had been contaminated by family finding the other victims?

KR lived 6-7 miles away, and was supposed to be in Columbus, except DS supposedly knew he wasn't. DS knew that KR was not supposed to go to work that morning. DS knew, when he was asked to go check on KR, and took a family member with him, that KR was supposed to have been at home that day, but no one could reach him. Did he tell LE? DS is sketchy, imo. He may have just been riding the tide of the media and getting paid by the Daily for his story, but it showed him in a bad light after other things started coming out, and his story didn't match up. The 911 even sounded like someone resigned to what they already knew. I don't know that he had anything to do with any of it, but I do think he knows something.

It wasn't a car auction. They were just going to work on vehicles that next day. DS comments make no sense though. KR would normally be leaving for work by that time. Maybe he's speaking about weekends?

Ohio family massacre victim had $1k in cash strewn at his feet and was shot in the head | Daily Mail Online

If it was to work on vehicles, where were they? No pictures show any vehicles at KR's place. LE made no mention of vehicles being towed from KR's place. DS said there were pot plants in the garage but does not mention a vehicle being in there. Why would KR take off work from a good paying job to work on vehicles so close to a weekend. Nothing adds up in my opinion....

If it was to work on vehicles, where were they? No pictures show any vehicles at KR's place. LE made no mention of vehicles being towed from KR's place. DS said there were pot plants in the garage but does not mention a vehicle being in there. Why would KR take off work from a good paying job to work on vehicles so close to a weekend. Nothing adds up in my opinion....
This! Excellent, excellent point! The aerial views only show two vehicles( if I recall correctly ) on the LFR property.

Yeah that has never added up to me either. The giving him money, buying him food, taking him to car auctions (two already in April), it sounds "off" to me... I don't buy folks food just for their company though. Maybe they were going to work on them somewhere else, and he wanted a three day weekend to prepare a car for the upcoming derby. That seemed to be their hobby.

'Kenneth loved me like a brother. He was always looking out for me and would take me out for food just for my company and he would give me a few dollars here and there.

'I was going to work with him repairing cars and we had been to a couple of auctions together earlier this month.'

It wouldn't be hard to do if it was ten 100.00 bills. A matter of seconds really if it was spread out on the bed.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member