UNSOLVED Oh - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't be hard to do if it was ten 100.00 bills. A matter of seconds really if it was spread out on the bed.

JMO

He said it was dollar bills, though. That would take a bit of time.

Stone revealed that Rhoden's corpse, from its knees down, was strewn with dollar bills which may have been a sinister message from the killer, who police believe could have been a gangland member.

Ohio family massacre victim had $1k in cash strewn at his feet and was shot in the head | Daily Mail Online

I agree. Daily Mail is honestly a step up from
The National Enquirer. It’s more of a sensationalist form of journalism, IMO. Also, rereading this article for the first time in forever, it looks like it’s been edited from the original version that mentioned $1k. I don’t see a specific dollar amount mentioned anywhere. Am I missing that?

That doesn't seem reasonable. I think the media got it wrong and it was supposed to be just the 1K. One thousand one dollar bills would be very bulky. You would need a paper bag to carry it as it wouldn't fit in a wallet. Or maybe a purse. I could be wrong though.

I agree. Daily Mail is honestly a step up from
The National Enquirer. It’s more of a sensationalist form of journalism, IMO. Also, rereading this article for the first time in forever, it looks like it’s been edited from the original version that mentioned $1k. I don’t see a specific dollar amount mentioned anywhere. Am I missing that?
Look at the link, then look at the headline. They changed the headline to "dollar bills" but the link says $1k in cash. The screen also shows, under the headline, that it was edited five ours after they put it out. DM is barely this side of being allowed as credible MSM, I'd think, but TOS allows them. You have to watch them though. Like they did with this headline. It's the only place you'll see this headline so did they lie the first time or the time they cleaned it up? I've seen the story on a couple other sites, early on, but they were similar, or less than, credible, than Daily Mail. Probably picked it up from the Daily Mail.

That doesn't seem reasonable. I think the media got it wrong and it was supposed to be just the 1K. One thousand one dollar bills would be very bulky. You would need a paper bag to carry it as it wouldn't fit in a wallet. Or maybe a purse. I could be wrong though.

JMO

I honestly think it was just wadded up cash, that whoever was there, pulled out of KR's pockets, and tossed on his bed (or KR was emptying his own pockets, getting ready for bed). They weren't there for some dollar bills, in other words.

The father of Dana Rhoden and grandfather to her three murdered children believes police should examine a road rage incident involving his 16-year-old grandson.

Murdered teenager Christopher Rhoden was involved in a court case claiming he was assaulted 48 hours before he was blasted to death with seven other people, Daily Mail Online can reveal.

His grandfather has visited officers investigating the shooting of eight people urging them to assess the case.

The teenager and his slain mother complained to police after a road rage incident involving the 16-year-old and a 33-year-old woman.

Court documents obtained by Daily Mail Online show that Rebecca Allen, of Piketon, was given two years probation and 40 hours community service less than two days before Friday's massacre.

She pleaded no contest to the charge of assault on February 24 and appeared before the court last week

This gets weirder. It seems a bit of a stretch to go from road rage to murdering 8 people. Mind you the way this case twists and turns it wouldn't surprise me if the road rage was related to a relationship with a victim, or something.

This gets weirder. It seems a bit of a stretch to go from road rage to murdering 8 people. Mind you the way this case twists and turns it wouldn't surprise me if the road rage was related to a relationship with a victim, or something.

LM was very adamant that they look at this, and was upset that they didn't seem to take him seriously about it. From what it appeared, the female, had slapped CR2, hard enough to bruise his face. It had happened earlier, but the court case was settled a day or so before the murders. LM had recorded threats from the woman.

“‘I asked the sheriff’s department about the incident that happened a month ago about my grandson when a 40-year-old woman…hit him in the face,” he told MailOnline in an exclusive. “He had bruising all down his face.”

Manley said his daughter, Dana, went to court but the case didn’t result in convictions against the woman.

However, there were threats made to his daughter and his son, he added.

The threats were recorded via a cell phone and would be made available to investigators.

WS doesn't like that link for some reason but you can google the quote, and it will come up.

https://www.*************.com/grand...-road-rage-attack-a-month-before_2040147.html

Or go to;

Grandfather of Ohio massacre victims claims police are ignoring 'road rage' attack | Daily Mail Online

Look at the link, then look at the headline. They changed the headline to "dollar bills" but the link says $1k in cash. The screen also shows, under the headline, that it was edited five ours after they put it out. DM is barely this side of being allowed as credible MSM, I'd think, but TOS allows them. You have to watch them though. Like they did with this headline. It's the only place you'll see this headline so did they lie the first time or the time they cleaned it up? I've seen the story on a couple other sites, early on, but they were similar, or less than, credible, than Daily Mail. Probably picked it up from the Daily Mail.
I think it was a very embellished truth the first time IOW, yes $$ was there but it was perhaps pocket change or nothing to write home about. That company feeds off of clicks. The better the headline, the more clicks which equals the more ads seen thus more $$$ paid to Daily Mail by their sponsors. In other words-clickbait.

I think it was a very embellished truth the first time IOW, yes $$ was there but it was perhaps pocket change or nothing to write home about. That company feeds off of clicks. The better the headline, the more clicks which equals the more ads seen thus more $$$ paid to Daily Mail by their sponsors. In other words-clickbait.

Like you, they definitely remind me of the National Enquirer. Sensationalize for the hits, then change the headline, or the content a bit into the story. Enough not to get sued, I guess. I do have to say that they have fast, and good, pics most of the time. They have some dogged reporters or pay big for private pics, one or the other.

Agree, the information about the silencers is interesting. We talked about it early on and discussed how the killers would have been nearly deaf by the time they finished the murders. Stealth in getting into the homes was very important and it's difficult to imagine how they could have entered without awaking the victims if their ears were ringing from having fired several shots at the previous crime scene. The killers would also have difficulty communicating, something that was crucial to them getting through their grim task without leaving much evidence behind.

JMO, the TOS here is more helpful than harmful. The only thing missing from the discussions here are the rumors that proliferate elsewhere. Usually, those rumors are false.

I just wanted to chime in. We drive from Kenai to Haines Alaska. Cell reception in the Yukon is spotty and used to be very expensive. We bought a set of hand held walkie-talkies to communicate. They would work up to several miles. Perhaps the killers used an alternate form of communication because they were aware of cell tracking.

I just wanted to chime in. We drive from Kenai to Haines Alaska. Cell reception in the Yukon is spotty and used to be very expensive. We bought a set of hand held walkie-talkies to communicate. They would work up to several miles. Perhaps the killers used an alternate form of communication because they were aware of cell tracking.
This has been brought up before . There was a rumor that transmission was intercepted by some unknown person ( hunter etc...) and converted into poem . This was rumor only , nothing confirmed .
Imo they were used . A lot of hunters use them and it was opening day of turkey season on the 22nd . A lotta hunters in the woods before day break .

Thank you .
You would think this would be fairly easy to confirm . 2 years later and still a mystery . Media covered this but no sign of them attending .

I think the press has been being kept at arms length, at the funerals, and beyond, with the exception of a couple reporters who they trusted, after some of the coverage that was done, that was quite rude, and unkind, toward the people of the region. There were comments made on those articles, and others, that were also rude and unkind. I honestly can't say as I blame the Rs or the Gs for keeping the press at arms length. Even the video of GSR, and her daughter, was only of them talking, no questions were asked of them. Can't say as I much blame them.

I honestly think it was just wadded up cash, that whoever was there, pulled out of KR's pockets, and tossed on his bed (or KR was emptying his own pockets, getting ready for bed). They weren't there for some dollar bills, in other words.

BBM

That's why I thought they may have been looking for keys to CR1's trailer. I honestly think KR was the first victim.

JMO

I think the press has been being kept at arms length, at the funerals, and beyond, with the exception of a couple reporters who they trusted, after some of the coverage that was done, that was quite rude, and unkind, toward the people of the region. There were comments made on those articles, and others, that were also rude and unkind. I honestly can't say as I blame the Rs or the Gs for keeping the press at arms length. Even the video of GSR, and her daughter, was only of them talking, no questions were asked of them. Can't say as I much blame them.

Chris Graves of the Cincinnati Enquirer seemed to develop a good relationship with the survivors. Her coverage was factual and respectful. JMO it was LE who most likely discouraged them from talking to the news media.

Chris Graves of the Cincinnati Enquirer seemed to develop a good relationship with the survivors. Her coverage was factual and respectful. JMO it was LE who most likely discouraged them from talking to the news media.

She was, but others weren't, and, neither were many of those commenting on articles. I don't think that it was all LE. They didn't seem to want the reporters there. Not at the last balloon release, and not at other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46