UNSOLVED Oh - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But couldn't a family of four have 24 plants?

I think DeWine was so eager to find something to absolve the BCI of all responsibility if they couldn't make an arrest that he was casting about for anything to put the blame on the victims. Look at Fran and those chickens. I never could figure out how Fran DeWine knew all about cockfighting. Then there was that big show over towing all the vehicles.

One thing I would like to mention. We have all speculated about what was in those trailers and if this started out as a robbery gone awry. But thinking about BJM and her saying that the door was always unlocked, it doesn't seem there would be anything of value in CR1's trailer if he left it unlocked while he was gone. I mean there couldn't have been anything he was worried about anyone stealing if he went to work everyday and left the door unlocked.
JMO

If one family, in one home, from the way it reads, had a medical marijuana card, then yes, my guess is that they would be able to have all of that. Just as if I had a scrip for 30 days of a drug, my s/o who lives with me, could have a 30 day scrip of the same drug, as could anyone else in the home.

We've seen the ticket re; the safe. If all he had in that trailer of value, was locked in a safe, and if it was a fairly substantial safe, it would take some effort and time to get that thing moved out of the trailer, and into a vehicle. Maybe what they wanted was in the safe and they killed him after he opened it for them. We don't know what the contents were, or if there were any contents, when LE got there.

As far as DeWine, I don't think he would know a sophisticated grow op, from a non-sophisticated grow op. I've seen photos of what they call sophisticated, at other busts, and some look to be, and others, you feel embarrassed for the officers touting it that way. The R's buildings and such, KR having a tray in an outbuilding, it just don't appear to be what I'm picturing, when I think of sophisticated. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I also think that DeWine was probably one of the the only humans there who didn't know that those were game *advertiser censored*. Most anyone in that area who saw those photos of the chicken huts, listened to LM talk about vicious pit bulls that would eat you up, and read DS interview with the Daily Mail, where DS claimed to wander about the property and stumble onto a tray of weed in KR's garage, after which, he decided to call LE, could put it together that at least one of the Rs were growing weed, and one was raising fighting roosters.

Then there's the folks who may actually know something but coming forward is risky for them. LE will ask them questions, but wait til they get called into the courtroom, in front of God and everybody. Then, if you start telling lies, in order to tell the truth about what you know, that will backfire. No one will believe the truth that you are trying to tell, if you get tripped up in court, on a lie. Conundrum.

Here’s a good example of how it works in one state. It’s also worth noting a caregiver can have a certain number of “patients” so the rule applies per patient, not per grow op. Someone with the max # of patients is going to have a significant amount more weed than someone with say 1 or 2 patients.

https://baronedefensefirm.com/blog/how-much-marijuana-can-a-caregiver-legally-possess-in-michigan/

Thanks! I took Raisin's question to be if it was that amount per marijuana medical card holder. Some folks we stayed with in Colorado had a med card, and they could get so much stuff on their cards, and were allowed to have six personal plants of their own. They both lived in the same home. They had a nice privacy fenced area for their little garden, all locked up, b/c folks will still steal your weed, even in CO. Visitors are allotted a certain amount, per person, per day.

If one family, in one home, from the way it reads, had a medical marijuana card, then yes, my guess is that they would be able to have all of that. Just as if I had a scrip for 30 days of a drug, my s/o who lives with me, could have a 30 day scrip of the same drug, as could anyone else in the home.

We've seen the ticket re; the safe. If all he had in that trailer of value, was locked in a safe, and if it was a fairly substantial safe, it would take some effort and time to get that thing moved out of the trailer, and into a vehicle. Maybe what they wanted was in the safe and they killed him after he opened it for them. We don't know what the contents were, or if there were any contents, when LE got there.

As far as DeWine, I don't think he would know a sophisticated grow op, from a non-sophisticated grow op. I've seen photos of what they call sophisticated, at other busts, and some look to be, and others, you feel embarrassed for the officers touting it that way. The R's buildings and such, KR having a tray in an outbuilding, it just don't appear to be what I'm picturing, when I think of sophisticated. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I also think that DeWine was probably one of the the only humans there who didn't know that those were game *advertiser censored*. Most anyone in that area who saw those photos of the chicken huts, listened to LM talk about vicious pit bulls that would eat you up, and read DS interview with the Daily Mail, where DS claimed to wander about the property and stumble onto a tray of weed in KR's garage, after which, he decided to call LE, could put it together that at least one of the Rs were growing weed, and one was raising fighting roosters.

Then there's the folks who may actually know something but coming forward is risky for them. LE will ask them questions, but wait til they get called into the courtroom, in front of God and everybody. Then, if you start telling lies, in order to tell the truth about what you know, that will backfire. No one will believe the truth that you are trying to tell, if you get tripped up in court, on a lie. Conundrum.
I agree whole heartedly about DeWine. He seems almost naive about real life stuff, to me at least.

I’m just gonna add though, he wasn’t the only human to not know what a gamecock was LOL. I knew what fighting roosters were, but the actual term “gamecock” threw me off. Smh, sometimes I have complete “duh” moments.

Now that safe, I know we’d all love to know what was inside of it. I’ve wondered if it contained a large sum of $$ and by chance it did, what happens to that once it’s in LE possession? If there was $$$ inside, I know it becomes evidence, but would it be evidence forever or would it be turned over to an estate after a trial and conviction?

Thanks! I took Raisin's question to be if it was that amount per marijuana medical card holder. Some folks we stayed with in Colorado had a med card, and they could get so much stuff on their cards, and were allowed to have six personal plants of their own. They both lived in the same home. They had a nice privacy fenced area for their little garden, all locked up, b/c folks will still steal your weed, even in CO. Visitors are allotted a certain amount, per person, per day.
Ahh yes, that makes sense. Where I was coming from, a medical card holder can also be a caregiver for others. I suppose it just depends on each situation for the amount allowed to be determined.

I agree whole heartedly about DeWine. He seems almost naive about real life stuff, to me at least.

I’m just gonna add though, he wasn’t the only human to not know what a gamecock was LOL. I knew what fighting roosters were, but the actual term “gamecock” threw me off. Smh, sometimes I have complete “duh” moments.

Now that safe, I know we’d all love to know what was inside of it. I’ve wondered if it contained a large sum of $$ and by chance it did, what happens to that once it’s in LE possession? If there was $$$ inside, I know it becomes evidence, but would it be evidence forever or would it be turned over to an estate after a trial and conviction?

If the assailants didn't get into it, and if it had $$ in it, my guess is the le dept would seize it as money made from illegal gains.

If the assailants didn't get into it, and if it had $$ in it, my guess is the le dept would seize it as money made from illegal gains.
If I were family I'd make them prove it was ill-gotten. Actual proof. I don't believe there was a commercial grow going on, no way. If it was so huge there would be photos plastered all over the media. They love showing off, yes, even when it's just a couple of plants.

BBM

So the law we just passed is much more lenient than CO? That law we passed didn't specify a certain amount in a certain time. Just said you can have that amount, so it's possible you can have 8ozs per day? Oh well, I am a firm believer in using natural drugs for chronic illnesses. Like diabetics drinking tequila to keep their blood sugar down. I can't even tell you how many people says that works but it has to be pure tequila like Jose Cuervo. Even our preacher said he buys agave from Walmart for his diabetic son and that his son is no longer taking drugs for diabetics. Just because I don't use it myself no reason others can't. So to each his own I say.

Still even if CR1 had valuables locked up in a safe, he wouldn't leave his door unlocked would he? Safes can be broken into. LM said that trailer was a shell so I am thinking that is why he never locked it. I had the crazy thought that he used that trailer for a doghouse. That he didn't live there, but lived with DR. Just kept the dogs in it to scare people off, keep them away from the cars. But GR may have been staying there.

I think the safe would have been in the garage and it would be locked because it's a fair bet he had a lot of tools. I am thinking that the murders had nothing to do with a robbery. I think it was based on jealousy and hatred.

JMO
I think that safe might've been kept in that garage, or building, behind Sr's office. Wasn't there a video out, when they were searching that property, that showed something large being lifted out with a machine? Taken away in a truck. I wonder if that video is still around.

I think that safe might've been kept in that garage, or building, behind Sr's office. Wasn't there a video out, when they were searching that property, that showed something large being lifted out with a machine? Taken away in a truck. I wonder if that video is still around.

You know wasn't there kind of a small apartment in back of that garage. An upstairs. I was thinking one article said one of CR1s nephews was living there shortly before the murders.

Or am I wrong about that? Does anyone else remember reading that?

If so that could have been where GR was sleeping.

You know wasn't there kind of a small apartment in back of that garage. An upstairs. I was thinking one article said one of CR1s nephews was living there shortly before the murders.

Or am I wrong about that? Does anyone else remember reading that?

If so that could have been where GR was sleeping.
Yes, I remember hearing this building had an apt upstairs. If it did, I'd live there if I were Frankie. It was behind that building that they were lifting something heavy out. I think Brandon was living with Frankie? I could be wrong. I'm still looking for that news video clip, no luck so far.

Yes, I remember hearing this building had an apt upstairs. If it did, I'd live there if I were Frankie. It was behind that building that they were lifting something heavy out. I think Brandon was living with Frankie? I could be wrong. I'm still looking for that news video clip, no luck so far.
BR had lived there for 5 weeks just prior to the murders. I don’t recall specifics on when he moved out, but it wasn’t long before the murders. And he lived in the trailer that FR & HHG lived in.

Definition ..An execution-style murder, also known as execution-style killing, is an act of criminal murder where the perpetrator kills at close range a conscious victim who is under the complete physical control of the assailant and who has been left with no course of resistance or escape.'

Definition ..An execution-style murder, also known as execution-style killing, is an act of criminal murder where the perpetrator kills at close range a conscious victim who is under the complete physical control of the assailant and who has been left with no course of resistance or escape.'
IMO, I do think many of the victims were awake or awakened just before their deaths.

I’m just taking a complete guess, but it would make sense if HHG was awakened by FR being shot first right next to her. If one person entered their house and room, it would seem that FR would have been targeted first being he was a male who could fight back much harder than HHG could. I think CR1 awoke to hearing GR being shot. I go back and forth when it comes to DR’s. I think CRjr was awoke by hearing the gunshots, hence the reason he was between the bed and the wall (per LM). I feel like that poor kiddo was hiding. I would imagine HMR would’ve been awoken as well, especially being a new mother she would have been a light sleeper w/a newborn who would most likely be getting up every 2-3 hours.

And I’m undecided about KR & DR, if they were awake prior or woke up when someone came in their homes.

BR had lived there for 5 weeks just prior to the murders. I don’t recall specifics on when he moved out, but it wasn’t long before the murders. And he lived in the trailer that FR & HHG lived in.

I wonder where he slept? On the couch? B slept on the couch b/c he didn't have a bedroom ready there, iirc. Was BR sorta couch surfing at that point?

IMO, I do think many of the victims were awake or awakened just before their deaths.

I’m just taking a complete guess, but it would make sense if HHG was awakened by FR being shot first right next to her. If one person entered their house and room, it would seem that FR would have been targeted first being he was a male who could fight back much harder than HHG could. I think CR1 awoke to hearing GR being shot. I go back and forth when it comes to DR’s. I think CRjr was awoke by hearing the gunshots, hence the reason he was between the bed and the wall (per LM). I feel like that poor kiddo was hiding. I would imagine HMR would’ve been awoken as well, especially being a new mother she would have been a light sleeper w/a newborn who would most likely be getting up every 2-3 hours.

And I’m undecided about KR & DR, if they were awake prior or woke up when someone came in their homes.

I think that KR may have been awake, because of DS saying he saw blood in his eyes, which led me to believe that his eyes were open.

I almost think that DR let them inside. I believe that two people could have pulled this off. There were probably more than two, but two could have done this.

The title of this thread says 'Police hunt for killers'. It does not seem to me that much hunting has gone on.
Make sure to check out the thread for Violet Rhoden Taylor here. She was their cousin, died mysteriously a couple of weeks ago. Found shot in the chest with a shotgun way back in a holler in the woods 10 miles from home. She was walking there with an acquaintance .

Five witnesses who claim it was suicide. Always diligent law enforcement tried to agree with them and sweep it under the rug. Now they have a suspect, but don't want to arrest him or release his name.

We have an AG, prosecutor and LE who don't even want to talk about all these murders, let alone investigate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MandyLynn1109