UNSOLVED Oh - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That $30,000 has always made me wonder about where it came from. Personally, I would think if he had that kind of cash on hand, he would have helped FR fix the roof on the mobile home they lived in. His grand kids were living in that house. He and FR could have done the work. All they needed were materials. CRsr's roof was needing fixed also.
Nothing about his apparent life style would make you think he saved up $30,000.

I've seen the roof fixing issue discussed often, IIRC, yet I don't recall a time frame being mentioned about how long tarps were in use on the roof or roofs. However long it was, IMO, you don't repair/replace a leaky roof during a cold (or cool) rainy period. Some of the repair products available require warm or hot and dry conditions to "cure" and set up, IMO. Since it was still mid-April in Ohio, could it be possible the Rs were waiting for the weather to warm up and dry up before repairing or replacing the roof(s)? Does anyone recall any particular info if the Rs were planning to repair or replace the roof(s)?

ETA: I could be wrong, but the roof issue probably has nothing to do with these murders, just wanted to give another opinion on why they may have been waiting.

Last edited:
Thanks. There have been a lot of big busts in that area and some towns near by in Indiana, too.

It would be great if Pike Co and others in SE Ohio worked with the feds to bust these traffickers. We never see that there, though drugs continue to be such a big problem there.

There may be help from the Feds in Pike County but I have never read that they were involved in a bust or some of the murder investigations.... Southeast Ohio seems to be another world for some reason.

I never spoke of outside forums. I never shared info from an outside forum here, besides a video posted by the Sheriffs speaking to the public. Nor did I share a rumor. I shared my opinion on who the deceased woman is. We all have opinions and thoughts here.
I've seen the roof fixing issue discussed often, IIRC, yet I don't recall a time frame being mentioned about how long tarps were in use on the roof or roofs. However long it was, IMO, you don't repair/replace a leaky roof during a cold (or cool) rainy period. Some of the repair products available require warm or hot and dry conditions to "cure" and set up, IMO. Since it was still mid-April in Ohio, could it be possible the Rs were waiting for the weather to warm up and dry up before repairing or replacing the roof(s)? Does anyone recall any particular info if the Rs were planning to repair or replace the roof(s)?

No, I don't recall any information about them doing roof repairs. You make a good point, though, that they were waiting for warmer weather. We had a major storm blow through our area late last fall. There were still blue tarps on damaged roofs here as recently as a week ago. Insurance companies and their contractors waited for warmer weather.

There may be help from the Feds in Pike County but I have never read that they were involved in a bust or some of the murder investigations.... Southeast Ohio seems to be another world for some reason.

Even in Reader's latest video, he only mentions his office, Waverly PD and OSP. Can anyone find a recent bust in that area where a federal agency participated? Whatever the PCSO strategy, extreme secrecy and resistance to seeking outside expert assistance isn't working very well to stop the growing crime and drug addiction epidemic in PC. Not helping the Rhoden/Gilley murders, either.

Anyway, here's the link to the latest inmate roster at Pike County
Currently Housed Inmates

Here's a link to Long Fork Rd, the location of the drug bust on Reader's FB page.

Google Maps

Despite a few rumors on the internet, I'm not seeing anything yet to connect any of these incidents to the Rhoden murders. Anyone care to elaborate on your theories? How are any of these folks related to the W family?

The Sheriff’s most recent public share/address to the people of Pike County.

What a mess it is there. This man carries a heavy load on his back every single moment. While this doesn’t appear to be relevant to this case, it’s puts into perspective why people haven’t been honest in interviews, why there’s a lack of cooperation with LE within the community and what LE is continuously dealing with on top of the murder investigation.

Charlie Reader

Wow. I know those people are on drugs, but jeez it only takes about five minutes to pick up the dirty clothes and throw them in a hamper.

JMO

Hypothetically speaking and IMO this quote is referring to a direct relative of the victims in this case.

“Pike County Sheriff Charlie Reader is reporting on his Facebook site that they have been investigating multiple incidents since Sunday morning, that include the discovery of a female body in a wooded area”

Edited because I don’t want to get in trouble so the best way I can explain this is to view this public obituary and take note of any immediate surviving closest relatives. The name is one often used in a very common poem.
Obituary for William Roger "Denny" Rhoden at Thompson Funeral Home

Roses are red poem?

So this guy was CR1 and GR's uncle?

ETA: I could be wrong, but the roof issue probably has nothing to do with these murders, just wanted to give another opinion on why they may have been waiting.

Fwiw, the blue tarps were not on there as of July 2015.

Wow. I know those people are on drugs, but jeez it only takes about five minutes to pick up the dirty clothes and throw them in a hamper.

JMO

O/T Not being sarcastic, but, from the overall condition of the home, not to mention the hypodermics, and strips of foil left around, I don't think anyone would be washing the clothes if they did have extra hampers to throw them into. Those poor children. Plastic wrapped mattresses on those nasty floors. :oops:

O/T Not being sarcastic, but, from the overall condition of the home, not to mention the hypodermics, and strips of foil left around, I don't think anyone would be washing the clothes if they did have extra hampers to throw them into. Those poor children. Plastic wrapped mattresses on those nasty floors. :oops:
It was a disturbing sight to see.

Body found on Lapperell Road

“"We were contacted on Tuesday morning in reference to a female with what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest," said Reader. "Due to other cases we were actively working at the time, I called BCI Crime Scene and Investigative Unit and turned the case over to them."

Last edited:
Is anyone able to clarify if it’s protocol for Pike Co to call BCI to handle incidents? BCI is handling the investigation of the deceased woman found yesterday morning as well as the officer involved shooting this evening.

Another thing to note, while I cannot confirm the exact location on Lapperell Road that the woman was found yesterday, but this elderly lady was found back in November 2017, on the same road.

Maybe I’m overthinking it, but it’s not something I can just set off to the side as unrelated to this case as of this moment. All JMHO.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.chillicothegazette.com/amp/892439001

Body found on Lapperell Road

“"We were contacted on Tuesday morning in reference to a female with what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest," said Reader. "Due to other cases we were actively working at the time, I called BCI Crime Scene and Investigative Unit and turned the case over to them."

Darn, that link isn't working for me. Does it identify the woman?

Is anyone able to clarify if it’s protocol for Pike Co to call BCI to handle incidents? BCI is handling the investigation of the deceased woman found yesterday morning as well as the officer involved shooting this evening.

Another thing to note, while I cannot confirm the exact location on Lapperell Road that the woman was found yesterday, but this elderly lady was found back in November 2017, on the same road.

Maybe I’m overthinking it, but it’s not something I can just set off to the side as unrelated to this case as of this moment. All JMHO.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.chillicothegazette.com/amp/892439001

Yes, the location would seem more than a coincidence. Pike Co probably calls BCI for these cases for help in processing evidence at the crime or death scene. They also contract with Hamilton County for their autopsies .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karmalicious478