UNSOLVED Oh - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find it on a web site, but, there was a huge drug bust in Montgomery County, Ohio. I thought they said enough fentanyl to kill 4,000,000 people plus a lot of other drugs, marijuana, and cash. It was brought in by a Mexican Cartel.

Was this recently? There have been several big fentanyl busts in southern Oh with Mexican cartel connections in the last several months.

Prosecutor Junk gave the latest news on the case, saying they know who committed the murders, that all they're now looking for is additional evidence to secure a guilty verdict.

Most here assume they're referring to the murder weapons.

Reader chose not to say anything about the case on its second anniversary other than his office was continuing to investigate. I'm sure they would like it if some locals were able to volunteer any information about the location of the murder weapons. That doesn't mean they believe that half the people in the county are out there shooting up heroin, cooking meth and having a laugh that they know where the weapons are.

Expert opinion on this case from DeWine to the FBI to the DEA have said the killers were professionals. Chances are very unlikely they divulged the location of the abandoned murder weapons to any of the locals.

Yes, thank you Betty, I too have read all those articles and statements. I haven’t read though anywhere that the killers themselves were professionals. I’ve read that the killing was professional and planned. IMO, those are two different things-being a professional and carrying out a murder that is professional. That’s just my take on the statements though. I understand we all interpret things differently sometimes.

I feel like you’re possibly taking my post out of context and I apologize if what I said is being misunderstood.

I never said that LE believe that half the county is out there shooting up heroin, cooking meth, and having a laugh that they know where the weapons are. That’s something I would actually never say.

In regards to most in here believing that LE are still searching for murder weapons, that’s purely speculation. LE has never stated that, nor have they confirmed or denied that information. We, as the public don’t know what they do have and what they don’t have. It’s unfortunate for us, who are watching from the sidelines because it brings a lot of speculations and assumptions.

I still stand by my opinion that Pike County has a serious problem on their hands in regards to drugs. I still believe that Reader has his hands full. I’m only offering my opinion and thoughts on what I am seeing via the Sheriff himself, MSM, and court records.

Anyone have a link? Otherwise it's just a rumor. TIA

ETA: For those who keep following rumors elsewhere pointing fingers at surviving friends and family of the Rhodens as being guilty or withholding information from LE, have you ever considered that people posting those rumors elsewhere may be folks who actually were involved in the murders and are trying to deflect attention from themselves? Just a thought.

No one wants to see this thread closed. Let's try to stick with forum rules, ok?
I’ve never seen anyone pointing fingers at surviving friends and family of the victims as being guilty. Did I miss something? We were discussing a very recent discovery of a woman found deceased in the woods in Pike County.

Yes, thank you Betty, I too have read all those articles and statements. I haven’t read though anywhere that the killers themselves were professionals. I’ve read that the killing was professional and planned. IMO, those are two different things-being a professional and carrying out a murder that is professional. That’s just my take on the statements though. I understand we all interpret things differently sometimes.

I feel like you’re possibly taking my post out of context and I apologize if what I said is being misunderstood.

I never said that LE believe that half the county is out there shooting up heroin, cooking meth, and having a laugh that they know where the weapons are. That’s something I would actually never say.

In regards to most in here believing that LE are still searching for murder weapons, that’s purely speculation. LE has never stated that, nor have they confirmed or denied that information. We, as the public don’t know what they do have and what they don’t have. It’s unfortunate for us, who are watching from the sidelines because it brings a lot of speculations and assumptions.

I still stand by my opinion that Pike County has a serious problem on their hands in regards to drugs. I still believe that Reader has his hands full. I’m only offering my opinion and thoughts on what I am seeing via the Sheriff himself, MSM, and court records.

Yes, DeWine said it, so did at least 2 DEA agents. Check the media and timelines thread. The articles are linked there. Maybe I should just put them in my signature line, I seem to quote them so often.

I agree with you that Pike County (and all the counties in southern Ohio) have a serious problem with drugs. That doesn't mean the surviving Rhoden family members and friends killed 8 of their relatives and are somehow outfoxing Reader, DeWine and BCI for the last 2 years. Reader and other sheriffs in that area have a lot of problems, compounded by the long history of public corruption down there. They should really reconsider and begin working closely with the FBI and DEA. Their assistance would be very helpful. I don't understand why they don't use the FBI or DEA in these cases down there. It makes no sense. Actually, there's a possible reason, but it still makes no sense.

I’ve never seen anyone pointing fingers at surviving friends and family of the victims as being guilty. Did I miss something? We were discussing a very recent discovery of a woman found deceased in the woods in Pike County.

You were mentioning in your earlier posts in relation to this case. Your subsequent posts continue to emphasize locals withholding information from Reader. I don't want to belabor this conversation by going back and quoting your posts, but I can if needed.

Hypothetically speaking and IMO this quote is referring to a direct relative of the victims in this case.

“Pike County Sheriff Charlie Reader is reporting on his Facebook site that they have been investigating multiple incidents since Sunday morning, that include the discovery of a female body in a wooded area”

Edited because I don’t want to get in trouble so the best way I can explain this is to view this public obituary and take note of any immediate surviving closest relatives. The name is one often used in a very common poem.
Obituary for William Roger "Denny" Rhoden at Thompson Funeral Home

I didn't remember that WDR had passed in a nursing home.

You were mentioning in your earlier posts in relation to this case. Your subsequent posts continue to emphasize locals withholding information from Reader. I don't want to belabor this conversation by going back and quoting your posts, but I can if needed.

BBM above and below. My first post sharing Reader’s public address is below. I’ll belabor myself, I really don’t mind as it’s my words that are being twisted into something they are not.

I clearly stated that I didn’t believe that him addressing the community over his video at a drug bust was related to the Rhoden case.

Do I believe that some people interviewed were or are using drugs? Yes I do believe that. That’s my opinion. I believe that because of the statement made at the 3rd press conference on April 13th, 2017 when DeWine stated he believed people who have been interviewed have stopped short of the whole truth because of the fear of incriminating themselves in other criminal activity(paraphrasing). I mean, IMHO that statement speaks for itself. I don’t know who LE has interviewed. The only people who know that information are LE and the ones who’ve given interviews. I have never implicated or stated that the friends and family of the victims are guilty of any wrongdoing in these murders.

For all I know, LE interviewed business associates, coworkers, neighbors, former acquaintances, and even strangers who came forward with information.

Respectfully,

The Sheriff’s most recent public share/address to the people of Pike County.
While this doesn’t appear to be relevant to this case, it’s puts into perspective why people haven’t been honest in interviews, why there’s a lack of cooperation with LE within the community and what LE is continuously dealing with on top of the murder investigation.

Charlie Reader

Last edited:
How was he related to the murdered Rhoden family? I don't see mention of any of CR1's brothers or sisters in the obit.
CR1’s father was his brother. That makes him the Uncle to CR1 & KR. That makes him the great Uncle to FR, HMR, & CRjr. That makes him the great great uncle to the 4 surviving children of HMR, FR, & HHG.

BBM above and below. My first post sharing Reader’s public address is below. I’ll belabor myself, I really don’t mind as it’s my words that are being twisted into something they are not.

I clearly stated that I didn’t believe that him addressing the community over his video at a drug bust was related to the Rhoden case.

Do I believe that some people interviewed were or are using drugs? Yes I do believe that. That’s my opinion. I believe that because of the statement made at the 3rd press conference on April 17th, 2017 when DeWine stated he believed people who have been interviewed have stopped short of the whole truth because of the fear of incriminating themselves in other criminal activity(paraphrasing). I mean, IMHO that statement speaks for itself. I don’t know who LE has interviewed. The only people who know that information are LE and the ones who’ve given interviews. I have never implicated or stated that the friends and family of the victims are guilty of any wrongdoing in these murders.

For all I know, LE interviewed business associates, coworkers, neighbors, former acquaintances, and even strangers who came forward with information.

Respectfully,

I've read the latest Reader post on FB and I don't see anywhere that he mentions anyone not cooperating with info on the Rhoden murders. He hasn't spoken about them in a long time.

Neither he nor DeWine wanted to talk about them on the recent 2nd anniversary. The prosecutor in the case, Rob Junk, is the latest expert to discuss the case:

http://www.wdtn.com/news/local-news/two-years-later-pike-county-massacre-remains-unsolved/1133823329

"Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk told the Cincinnati Enquirer that two agents from the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation and a member of the Pike County Sheriff’s Office work full-time on the case.

“One of these days, if and when somebody is charged, there’s a lot of things that would be public that can’t be made public now,” Junk said. “There are some things that could clear this up for you in about two seconds, but I can’t really say anything because the investigation is still going on.”

Last Tuesday, Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader declined to comment on the investigation, issuing a statement that read:

“I have decided that out of respect for the victims, the family, friends
, and for the integrity of the ongoing and active criminal investigation, I will not be doing any interviews or taking any questions concerning the multiple homicide that occurred in Pike County, Ohio on April 22, 2016. I remain very confident in the investigative staff.”

BBM

Rhoden family massacre: Here's where the investigation stands after 2 years

I've read the latest Reader post on FB and I don't see anywhere that he mentions anyone not cooperating with info on the Rhoden murders. He hasn't spoken about them in a long time.

Neither he nor DeWine wanted to talk about them on the recent 2nd anniversary. The prosecutor in the case, Rob Junk, is the latest expert to discuss the case:

Two years later, Pike County massacre remains unsolved

"Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk told the Cincinnati Enquirer that two agents from the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation and a member of the Pike County Sheriff’s Office work full-time on the case.

“One of these days, if and when somebody is charged, there’s a lot of things that would be public that can’t be made public now,” Junk said. “There are some things that could clear this up for you in about two seconds, but I can’t really say anything because the investigation is still going on.”

Last Tuesday, Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader declined to comment on the investigation, issuing a statement that read:

“I have decided that out of respect for the victims, the family, friends
, and for the integrity of the ongoing and active criminal investigation, I will not be doing any interviews or taking any questions concerning the multiple homicide that occurred in Pike County, Ohio on April 22, 2016. I remain very confident in the investigative staff.”

BBM
I never stated that Reader said people weren’t cooperating in his latest video. They (LE) also haven’t spoken about a lot of things in a long time. I would have to refer you to the media and timeline thread where you could review all statements and videos pertaining to this case.

I believe this is the last formal address via video news conference Reader and DeWine have given to the public. Junk made a statement this year, yes that is correct. I’ve never said anywhere that Junk states that people weren’t cooperating. I spoke on what I heard DeWine and Reader say. Have they recanted those statements somewhere?

CR1’s father was his brother. That makes him the Uncle to CR1 & KR. That makes him the great Uncle to FR, HMR, & CRjr. That makes him the great great uncle to the 4 surviving children of HMR, FR, & HHG.

Well, sad that he passed. As Prosecutor Junk and DeWine have said, their focus is on the W family, not the Rhoden family.

"Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk will only say that investigators remain focused on a former Peebles family of four who had ties to the Rhoden family but moved last year to Alaska."

"He said authorities are focused on the Wagners in the investigation of the April 22, 2016 slayings. Two agents from the state’s Bureau of Criminal Investigation and a member of the Pike County Sheriff’s Office remain assigned to the case full-time and work out of an office in the county, Junk said."

"One of these days, if and when somebody is charged, there's a lot of things that would be public that can't be made public now. There are some things that could clear this up for you in about two seconds but I really can't say anything because the investigation is still going on," Junk said.

To solve a case, Junk said he would like to see at least two of three things: Good forensic evidence, a confession or an eyewitness.

“At this point, nobody has seen any of those, nothing like that has ever been (publicly) released," Junk said."

I never stated that Reader said people weren’t cooperating in his latest video. They (LE) also haven’t spoken about a lot of things in a long time. I would have to refer you to the media and timeline thread where you could review all statements and videos pertaining to this case.

I believe this is the last formal address via video news conference Reader and DeWine have given to the public. Junk made a statement this year, yes that is correct. I’ve never said anywhere that Junk states that people weren’t cooperating. I spoke on what I heard DeWine and Reader say. Have they recanted those statements somewhere?

That's an old video from before the Wagner family became the focus of the investigation. Things have changed.

That's an old video from before the Wagner family became the focus of the investigation. Things have changed.
That doesn’t matter. If that was the case, all the statements before the Wagner’s became the laser focus of this investigation, would all be irrelevant, along with your reminder to me that these murders were completed by professionals. I’m sorry Betty, respectfully, we don’t get to pick and choose what we think is relevant and not relevant when referencing news articles and LE statements. That’s our only source of information.

Betty, he was Clarence's brother. Obit lists his daughters.

Thanks! I assumed that was the case. I was busy looking up the links to the most current info on the investigation to highlight the fact that the investigation is now focused on the Wagner family, not the surviving members of the Rhoden family. Dry hole on the latter.

I think tomorrow, I'll put all those links in my sig line so I don't have to keep pulling them out of the archives and reposting them.

Well, sad that he passed. As Prosecutor Junk and DeWine have said, their focus is on the W family, not the Rhoden family.

"Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk will only say that investigators remain focused on a former Peebles family of four who had ties to the Rhoden family but moved last year to Alaska."

"He said authorities are focused on the Wagners in the investigation of the April 22, 2016 slayings. Two agents from the state’s Bureau of Criminal Investigation and a member of the Pike County Sheriff’s Office remain assigned to the case full-time and work out of an office in the county, Junk said."

"One of these days, if and when somebody is charged, there's a lot of things that would be public that can't be made public now. There are some things that could clear this up for you in about two seconds but I really can't say anything because the investigation is still going on," Junk said.

To solve a case, Junk said he would like to see at least two of three things: Good forensic evidence, a confession or an eyewitness.

“At this point, nobody has seen any of those, nothing like that has ever been (publicly) released," Junk said."
No one is saying or focusing on the Rhoden Family as suspects or any wrong doing. Your posts are the only posts who keep referencing the Rhodens as having fingers pointed at them, when in fact no one else on here has done that or implied that. FWIW, if anything, the female found in the woods would be another VICTIM, not someone who’s had any wrong doing in her family’s deaths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95