UNSOLVED Oh - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about misspellings Smart phone? Anyway, could all the small players or ring around the Rhodens have been "ordered" to wipe out the family? Did it come from the "higher ups"? Or did people take it into their own hands because of greed, jealousy, or reason's only known to them? This would explain the ease the murders had in killing 8 people, it was done by people they trusted and knew. No elaborate plans needed. JMO.

My theory #2003
Sorry about misspellings Smart phone? Anyway, could all the small players or ring around the Rhodens have been "ordered" to wipe out the family? Did it come from the "higher ups"? Or did people take it into their own hands because of greed, jealousy, or reason's only known to them? This would explain the ease the murders had in killing 8 people, it was done by people they trusted and knew. No elaborate plans needed. JMO.
This is Mitten Scarpetta's post:
MittenScarpetta said:
It’s very interesting that AW’s father’s obituary notes that he was involved in used car sales.
He passed away in November 2017. Could that be the business connection between BW & CRsr? Used cars? Maybe CRsr was working for AW’s father.

Could the local families been a part of a network working for a Boss Hogg type person(s). (My Opinion Only )But one thing you cannot disregard is the number locals share at least one business interest that is the BBL

I think the higher ups have exploited the locals by creating paranoia,feuds and jealousy between families. Also from what I have read the higher up's might also use questionable signatory business devices and practice what amounts to legal calisthenics.

My family is from a part of Mississippi where good paying jobs are scarce. Hard working people like DR. She was killing herself working long shifts for her family. I think in town there is a Feudal Ruling Class and they have been criminal in their treatment of the locals.(My Opinion Only)

:eek:My theory #2003 and I reserve the right to change it 'again' & ......'

Last edited:
My theory #2003

This is Mitten Scarpetta's post:

Could the local families been a part of a network working for a Boss Hogg type person(s). (My Opinion Only )But one thing you cannot disregard is the number locals share at least one business interest that is the BBL

I think the higher ups have exploited the locals by creating paranoia,feuds and jealousy between families. Also from what I have read the higher up's might also use questionable signatory business devices and practice what amounts to legal calisthenics.

My family is from a part of Mississippi where good paying jobs are scarce. Hard working people like DR. She was killing herself working long shifts for her family. I think in town there is a Feudal Ruling Class and they have been criminal in their treatment of the locals.(My Opinion Only)

:eek:My theory #2003 and I reserve the right to change it 'again' & ......'

Along with BM, RW, Skid Mont, W S, and other older families in the area have land contracts. It seems LLC have been added to business dealings to, since they became available. Josh Rhode and Miss taylor are brother and sister. The road she was found on is where the elder Mr Keens lived before he died in 2008.

Yes, Grandma W has land contracts with many people on her vast real estate holdings. Some of the drug busts that were done in the week after the W properties were searched were conducted on the same road where Grandma W had land contracts.

It would fit with the Boss Hogg and money laundering theories. JMO

Agree with your theory. What is taking authorities so long to get enough evidence together to solve this crime? IMO, they should have arrested someone by now. What's the hold up in your opinion?

They want to arrest and try the lower level folks without revealing the criminal activities of the Boss Hoggs. I've thought that from very early on in this case. They want to let the case go cold because of higher ups connected to the murders. If they can't do that, they want to bottle the investigation up in secret grand jury proceedings while they try to limit the arrests and prosecutions to only the lowest level folks. That's probably hard to do because the low level folks aren't willing to take the fall for everyone. They're probably threatening to go public with info about every one involved in drug manufacturing (meth, MJ) trafficking and money laundering.

Small players in the network carried it out or assisted some hired hands. I also suspect some of the Boss Hoggs have riled the cartels who work the area, too. Either that or they work with them. And no system like this exists without the cooperation of some LE, possibly others in the criminal justice system.

What do you all think?

Small players in the network carried it out or assisted some hired hands. I also suspect some of the Boss Hoggs have riled the cartels who work the area, too. Either that or they work with them. And no system like this exists without the cooperation of some LE, possibly others in the criminal justice system.

What do you all think?

Hallelujah,Yes. Justice For the Rhoden Family.

Please,please indictments for the Rhoden Family. I cannot think of DR without a heavy heart. DR was a woman like so many in my family in Mississippi. Women who would take in ironings,pick crops,child care & working two jobs for their beloved families and children.

So yes Betty P I am on board with you!

Hallelujah,Yes. Justice For the Rhoden Family.

Please,please indictments for the Rhoden Family. I cannot think of DR without a heavy heart. DR was a woman like so many in my family in Mississippi. Women who would take in ironings,pick crops,child care & working two jobs for their beloved families and children.

So yes Betty P I am on board with you!

Thanks MizStery. Hope you are feeling well.

I think many of the people involved in these murders have been protected because they've worked as "informants" for LE in the past. They've been given a "pass" on previous criminal activity by LE and others. It's a stalemate because, if they're arrested for being part of the Rhoden massacre or if they're witnesses needed for prosecution, their connections and past activities will make the list of suspects grow and become larger, more threatening. Because DeWine and the OAG were so closely involved in this case from the first hour, their reputations are also at risk. So, yeah, they can't solve it, even if they know who is responsible. The collateral damage will be too much to handle. All JMO.

Thanks MizStery. Hope you are feeling well.

I think many of the people involved in these murders have been protected because they've worked as "informants" for LE in the past. They've been given a "pass" on previous criminal activity by LE and others. It's a stalemate because, if they're arrested for being part of the Rhoden massacre or if they're witnesses needed for prosecution, their connections and past activities will make the list of suspects grow and become larger, more threatening. Because DeWine and the OAG were so closely involved in this case from the first hour, their reputations are also at risk. So, yeah, they can't solve it, even if they know who is responsible. The collateral damage will be too much to handle. All JMO.

I also believe they can't let it be solved because people will be exposed. It could be undercover operatives, LE, or politicians, prominent citizens, or whomever. But I do believe someone will be outed in some way...

Agree with your theory. What is taking authorities so long to get enough evidence together to solve this crime? IMO, they should have arrested someone by now. What's the hold up in your opinion?

It could be a variety of reasons. The assailant(s), could be incarcerated, already, on other charges, which gives LE time to build the murder case. They may have one, but not all, involved, so keep info close to vest, to snag the others. LE may know, but, are missing a major piece of evidence, that could put the assailant(s) on a huge bond, or no bond, when arrested, including, seal a conviction, etc... just some random thoughts.

Great question as are all your posts.

I think rsd1200 your answer is brilliant. Wish I had thought if it :oops:
could be a variety of reasons. GThe assailant(s), could be incarcerated, already, on other charges, which gives LE time to build the murder case. They may have one, but not all, involved, so keep info close to vest, to snag the others. LE may know, but, are missing a major piece of evidence, that could put the assailant(s) on a huge bond, or no bond, when arrested, including, seal a conviction, etc... just some random thoughts.

In conclusion I want to admit to being a hot house flower compared to past generations of women in the family.What I mean is I admire DR's gumption and know she must had a bad back from the lifting at the
convalescent-home.My husband passed in November after a three year courageous battle with brain cancer. He was an inspiration to all the family. Sadly the last months of his life his mobility went to zero. Where I'm going is DR worked in an assisted living business sometimes two shifts. I only cared for an invalid a few months.And it was a absolute labor of love. In contrast DR did that back breaking work everyday. I just want to conclude my valentine to DR by saying,'One single moment stands out when I truly sensed her happiness.That was in hosting the baby shower in pretty her new home.' Oh how desperately I want to see the evil ones rounded up because I will say game over CHECKMATE

Oh and Betty, thanks for asking about surgery it's postponed on right eye until the 19th then the left eye on the 26th.I can be a pirate for Halloween without wearing a costume. Ay Ay Mates and a bottle of rum.:D

All Only My Opinion

Last edited:
Great question as are all your posts.

I think rsd1200 your answer is brilliant. Wish I had thought if it :oops:

In conclusion I want to admit to being a hot house flower compared to past generations of women in the family.What I mean is I admire DR's gumption and know she must had a bad back from the lifting at the
convalescent-home.My husband passed in November after a three year courageous battle with brain cancer. He was an inspiration to all the family. Sadly the last months of his life his mobility went to zero. Where I'm going is DR worked in an assisted living business sometimes two shifts. I only cared for an invalid a few months.And it was a absolute labor of love. In contrast DR did that back breaking work everyday. I just want to conclude my valentine to DR by saying,'One single moment stands out when I truly sensed her happiness.That was in hosting the baby shower in pretty her new home.' Oh how desperately I want to see the evil ones rounded up because I will say game over CHECKMATE

Oh and Betty, thanks for asking about surgery it's postponed on right eye until the 19th then the left eye on the 26th.I can be a pirate for Halloween without wearing a costume. Ay Ay Mates and a bottle of rum.:D

All Only My Opinion

My sincere condolences on the loss of your husband, and best of wishes on your upcoming surgery.

I also believe they can't let it be solved because people will be exposed. It could be undercover operatives, LE, or politicians, prominent citizens, or whomever. But I do believe someone will be outed in some way...

I agree with most of what you say, but disagree that it can't be solved. People have to push public officials to face their responsibility. They need to solve the murders and clean up the corruption, all the way from top to bottom. If the public officials refuse to do their jobs, replace them.

Dudly, 'I spotted from very early you sensed the winning strategy was to checkmate Boss Hogg' therefore yield DR's evil ones.

Oh how desperately I want to see the evil ones rounded up because I will say game over CHECKMATE

I agree with most of what you say, but disagree that it can't be solved. People have to push public officials to face their responsibility. They need to solve the murders and clean up the corruption, all the way from top to bottom. If the public officials refuse to do their jobs, replace them.

My Opinion Only please critique!

Dudly, 'I spotted from very early you sensed the winning strategy was to checkmate Boss Hogg' therefore yield DR's evil ones.

My Opinion Only please critique!
It’s difficult to checkmate evil ones when they’re Among the most powerful in a community. Whether it be multi business owners, long standing generational power families or local officials. But I agree with all of your posts and there is most likely a boss hog.

It’s difficult to checkmate evil ones when they’re Among the most powerful in a community. Whether it be multi business owners, long standing generational power families or local officials. But I agree with all of your posts and there is most likely a boss hog.

Perhaps,but I think we have some Machiavellian strategist here that might be as or even more ruthless than the ole' fat swine living high there at Boss Hogg's.

Maybe I'm a little too much of a 'Little Mary Sunshine' in my hopes of seeing the evil ones rounded up and indicted. But that is my goal. And I'm not going to give up hope.

My Opinion Only

Last edited:
Perhaps,but I think we have some Machiavellian strategist here that might be as or even more ruthless than the ole' fat swine living high there at Boss Hogg's.

Maybe I'm a little too much of a 'Little Mary Sunshine' in my hopes of seeing the evil ones rounded up and indicted. But that is my goal. And I'm not going to give up hope.

My Opinion Only
Definitely can’t give up hope. I just think this is going to end up being bigger than what I had thought for a very long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubbajax