UNSOLVED Oh - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize for quoting myself but as I read past posts there was one in thread #31 very similar to what I am paraphrasing below. It was by an awesome thread poster Amauete1.

This is absolutely fascinating! BM (co-owner BBL and the same man who also owns several Chev-Buick Dealerships)also serves as a Director of First State Bank of Adams County.
<snip>
2nd fascinating thing is CRsr loan was financed through the bank BM is Director of the Board.
For the sake of keeping my following post kosher without an actual link to the Scioto Lands Records link I will call this lands records document a personal 'credible source' based on my notes.(or if you would rather say just my educated guess so to speak)
<snip>

All right here we go on these LLC's with 1-4 employee's and land contracts. OK let me see, people in the area that have these things in common. RW is co owner of BBL he shares ownership with BM. RW has LLC's connected to Southern Ohio Healthcare.Owned/s Scioto Trading Co where Dana was selling cars.Plus operates a big resort at BBL.

His co-partner at BBL is BM where in another completely unrelated business capacity he is Director of the Board at First State Bank Adams County. Don't know if BM is involved directly with land contracts but being director of the board at a bank he probably knows lots of people who make loans. Locals need money for oodles of things like auto/truck equipment loans or even horse trailers then there's mortgages & 'don't forget' gosh things like improvements on businesses say barns or outbuildings. And of course if the borrowers miss payments then initiate a foreclosure or in cases of autos repossessions. Unless of course the borrower can negotiate an amicable method of repayment that I should hope is mutually beneficial to both parties. Oh for example let's say you need some carpentry work or need someone to drive to Detroit then back with a used car? Oh and let's not forget to add to BM's resume he also owns a car dealership in Ohio and another in Kentucky.Yikes wouldn't want to make him dislike me would you?

<modsnip at member request due to inaccuracy>

Oh and Dudly has made the observation where better to laundry $ than a campground/boat rental/entertainment business but wait one more. How about this Dudly;what if you were fortunate enough to be well connected AND an executive at a 'b**k'. How 'bout that?

Certainly interesting isn't it? Kinda makes you go ummmmmm...

Just My Opinion please critique. I am happy to edit or delete any part of my post so let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is absolutely fascinating! BM (co-owner BBL and the same man who also owns several Chev-Buick Dealerships)also serves as a Director of First State Bank of Adams County

First State Bank of Adams County
Link to webpage board of directors First State Bank of Adams County
Board of Directors | First State Bank | Winchester, OH - Hillsboro, OH - Mt. Orab, OH

First State Bank of Adams County
19230 State Route 136 Winchester, OH 45697 | 937.695.0331
First State Bank is owned by dedicated stockholders and directed by a board of nine directors.
BM (co-owner BBL and also owns several Chev-Buick Dealerships)serves as a Director of First State Bank of Adams County

This second link is Bloomberg Website on BM.Not sure why link says 'Terms of Service Violation' but it is a Bloomberg link to their webpage.
Terms of Service Violation

2nd fascinating thing is CRsr loan was financed through the bank BM is Director of the Board.
For the sake of keeping my following post kosher without an actual link to the Scioto Lands Records link I will call this lands records document a personal 'credible source' based on my notes.(or if you would rather say just my educated guess so to speak)

Scioto, OHIO
Land Records Search Document Detail
2016R-1844 MORTGAGE 03-21-2016 09:03 AM $30000.00 11 pages
Parties
RHODEN, CHRISTOPHER GRANTOR
NATIONAL BANK OF ADAMS COUNTY GRANTEE

Just My Opinion

Is that 2 different banks? First State Bank of Adams County and National Bank of Adams County?

RAINSINBACK; said:
Is that 2 different banks? First State Bank of Adams County and National Bank of Adams County?

You are absolutely right two different banks.

I will contact Mod to delete any reference to CRsr loan and the incorrect bank information I referenced.

Kudos to you RAISINISBACK I do not want the thread to jump the tracks because of inaccurate information.

I will also ask that the mod delete the fourth paragraph from the bottom of my post #1681

Thanks again to you and apologies to my fellow posters!

Last edited:
Hi everyone. Due to financial reasons, I had to find a more reasonable solution to the internet. Now I get to take several days to catch up. I have missed you guys and am glad the forum is still

I am glad you were able to find a solution that allows you to post again.Amauet1 you were missed and your return is welcomed by all who seek justice for the 8 victims and their friends and family.

I haven't gotten through much of the info yet. But did notice that Miss taylor had been killed. She was one of the people who put a claim in for KRs estate. This is going to take a while for me to catch up. I'm using a smartphone and not as smart as the phone. Lol

I haven't gotten through much of the info yet. But did notice that Miss taylor had been killed. She was one of the people who put a claim in for KRs estate. <snip>

Amauet1 & all posters. I am not sure if you have read this old article from July 2018. Just wanted to make clear this not new information. I thought I would post it if you had missed it.

Monday, July 9th 2018, 6:56 am PDT
Tuesday, July 10th 2018, 2:31 am PDT
Man named as suspect in 2 deaths including Rhoden cousin shooting
A man who is considered a "prime suspect" in the disappearance and murder of a 77-year-old Adams County woman was at the scene of the fatal shooting of a Rhoden family member last month, Pike County Sheriff Charlie Reader exclusively tells FOX19 NOW.

An incident report lists the man, Johnny Kerns, 49, as the suspect in Violet Taylor's "suspicious death" June 11 off Lapperell Road in Pike County.

<snip>

The Peebles resident was a cousin of the Rhodens, who were killed in an April 2016 mass shooting.

Reader has asked Ohio's Bureau of Criminal Investigation to take over Taylor's shooting due to the Rhoden family connection. BCI is investigating the massacre.

<snip>

Taylor's death is not related to the still-unsolved shooting deaths of eight members of the Rhoden and Gilley families, BCI officials have said and reiterated on Monday when we reached out to them for comment.

“We are still working to determine was this a suicide or did she die by other means?” Del Greco said.

<snip>

In addition to being at the scene when Taylor's body was found, Kerns also is a "prime suspect" in the unrelated homicide of 77-year-old Bernice Hayslip, according to Reader.

Last edited:
Amauet1 & all posters. I am not sure if you have read this old article from July 2018. Just wanted to make clear this not new information. I thought I would post it if you had missed it.

Monday, July 9th 2018, 6:56 am PDT
Tuesday, July 10th 2018, 2:31 am PDT
A man who is considered a "prime suspect" in the disappearance and murder of a 77-year-old Adams County woman was at the scene of the fatal shooting of a Rhoden family member last month, Pike County Sheriff Charlie Reader exclusively tells FOX19 NOW.

An incident report lists the man, Johnny Kerns, 49, as the suspect in Violet Taylor's "suspicious death" June 11 off Lapperell Road in Pike County.

<snip>

The Peebles resident was a cousin of the Rhodens, who were killed in an April 2016 mass shooting.

Reader has asked Ohio's Bureau of Criminal Investigation to take over Taylor's shooting due to the Rhoden family connection. BCI is investigating the massacre.

<snip>

Taylor's death is not related to the still-unsolved shooting deaths of eight members of the Rhoden and Gilley families, BCI officials have said and reiterated on Monday when we reached out to them for comment.

“We are still working to determine was this a suicide or did she die by other means?” Del Greco said.

<snip>

In addition to being at the scene when Taylor's body was found, Kerns also is a "prime suspect" in the unrelated homicide of 77-year-old Bernice Hayslip, according to Reader.
I haven't gotten through much of the info yet. But did notice that Miss taylor had been killed. She was one of the people who put a claim in for KRs estate. This is going to take a while for me to catch up. I'm using a smartphone and not as smart as the phone. Lol
There is a thread for her. Sadly, it’s not very big because there have been no updates in 2 months.

I came across this whilst Googling, the same BKB? And he has 1 truck.

BRIAN K BROWN TRUCKING (Ohio Transport Company)
Company Overview
BRIAN K BROWN TRUCKING is an active carrier operating under USDOT Number 1192376.

Total Trucks 1
Tractors Owned 0
Trailer Owned 0
Total Drivers 0
USDOT 1192376
MCS-150 Mileage Year
MCS-150 DATE
MCS-150 MILEAGE
Does BRIAN K BROWN TRUCKING transport Hazardous Material? No
Carrier Operation N/A

Company Contact Info
BRIAN K BROWN TRUCKING
favicon.ico

28171 St Rt 41
Peebles, OH 45660
937-587-2330
Cargo Hauled by BRIAN K BROWN TRUCKING
General Freight
Do you operate BRIAN K BROWN TRUCKING business?
QuickTSI will provide this website/profile as a marketing platform for BRIAN K BROWN TRUCKING. Let potential shippers learn more about BRIAN K BROWN TRUCKING. QuickTSI will publish BRIAN K BROWN TRUCKING. business information here.

I apologize for quoting myself but as I read past posts there was one in thread #31 very similar to what I am paraphrasing below. It was by an awesome thread poster Amauete1.

All right here we go on these LLC's with 1-4 employee's and land contracts. OK let me see, people in the area that have these things in common. RW is co owner of BBL he shares ownership with BM. RW has LLC's connected to Southern Ohio Healthcare.Owned/s Scioto Trading Co where Dana was selling cars.Plus operates a big resort at BBL.

His co-partner at BBL is BM where in another completely unrelated business capacity he is Director of the Board at First State Bank Adams County. Don't know if BM is involved directly with land contracts but being director of the board at a bank he probably knows lots of people who make loans. Locals need money for oodles of things like auto/truck equipment loans or even horse trailers then there's mortgages & 'don't forget' gosh things like improvements on businesses say barns or outbuildings. And of course if the borrowers miss payments then initiate a foreclosure or in cases of autos repossessions. Unless of course the borrower can negotiate an amicable method of repayment that I should hope is mutually beneficial to both parties. Oh for example let's say you need some carpentry work or need someone to drive to Detroit then back with a used car? Oh and let's not forget to add to BM's resume he also owns a car dealership in Ohio and another in Kentucky.Yikes wouldn't want to make him dislike me would you?

<modsnip at member request due to inaccuracy>

Oh and Dudly has made the observation where better to laundry $ than a campground/boat rental/entertainment business but wait one more. How about this Dudly;what if you were fortunate enough to be well connected AND an executive at a 'b**k'. How 'bout that?

Certainly interesting isn't it? Kinda makes you go ummmmmm...

Just My Opinion please critique. I am happy to edit or delete any part of my post so let me know.

Along with BM, RW, Skid Mont, W S, and other older families in the area have land contracts. It seems LLC have been added to business dealings to, since they became available. Josh Rhode and Miss taylor are brother and sister. The road she was found on is where the elder Mr Keens lived before he died in 2008.

This is a complication of posts all related to an article 'ATF Mum On Reason For Business Visit Tuesday' published a little over a month ago in Charleville Sun.Fed's are really keeping this one very close to their chest. It's hard to tell what this Fed Raid means in the ATF work in Ohio;but it could be promising & maybe we're getting closer ' for long overdue indictments.
Guns. Lots of guns.
That would explain why the ATF raised a place in Kentucky. Also, pills. Lots of pills.
I’ll find the article. IIRC, it was Greenville or in the Greenville paper. Mizstery mentioned it last week as well.
The link to the article ATF Mum On Reason For Business Visit Tuesday
<snip>
Especially when it mentions "The ATF’s 26 Crime Gun Intelligence Centers nationwide “identify armed violent offenders for investigation and prosecution using crime gun evidence, such as shell casings, in real time”
ATF Mum On Reason For Business Visit Tuesday(August 1,2018 date published)
Here is a follow up on this super hush hush (hallelujah,finally got a 'little' info). I had hoped to read info on the 'owner of the car lot' but they are not not even mentioning his name.His name is one you would not recognize,I recognized his name from an obscure old note from a search from long ago.I would break TOS Rules to mention him without a link. Fed's are really keeping this one very close to their chest.
GreenvilleSun; said:
Link
Man Charged After Meth, Cocaine Marijuana Seized By DTF
<snip>
Moreno-Pantiga's case may be related to a raid on a Greene County business in late July. On July 31, a search warrant was served at a business location on U.S. 11E in Greeneville. The DTF and Greene County Sheriff’s Department participated, along with the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Nashville-based ATF spokesman Michael Knight said last week the effort is connected to the ATF’s Crime Gun Intelligence program.
<snip>

Just My Opinion

Last edited:
JMO, but, seems Ohio had a task force in place since they started finding out about pill mills and busting doctors. Of course this would lead to other criminal activity and other criminals in other areas of the state and other states. We have seen a lot of arrests since this family was viciously murdered, but not many convictions.IMO, these people have been hidden in various jails, institutions,etc, for whatever purposes the powers that be see fit.

JMO, but, seems Ohio had a task force in place since they started finding out about pill mills and busting doctors. Of course this would lead to other criminal activity and other criminals in other areas of the state and other states. We have seen a lot of arrests since this family was viciously murdered, but not many convictions.IMO, these people have been hidden in various jails, institutions,etc, for whatever purposes the powers that be see fit.
Well said Amauet1 federal investigators are out to destroy/unravel the crime fraternity of top feeders. The big fish that on a whim unleash their minions to snuff out 8 lives then simply vanish in the night .
I think your right investigators early on mobilized and have focused their efforts on squeezing the bottom fish and plan to just keep working their way up the food chain until they get the big fat sharks.

My Opinion Only

Last edited:
On following that line of thought, my belief is the rhodes started out in pot, followed by pills and possibly heroin. Why "shop" elsewhere when u can get what u need in one spot? And why let your compaction make the money? I remember that FR had over 1000 "friend's on his FB account. For young people that may not be a lot, but to me it is. JMO. Could the Rhodens have somehow been informed for the authorities? JMO, but, could the Manleys, the W's, the Crabtree, and other various characters been some kind of "ring" that did the"leg work" for the higher ups? I had heard rumors rs" of the mafia using remote areas around Adams, Highland, Scioto, Pike, Brown,etc. back in the day. The area's were ripe for criminal activities and keeping it secret.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member