UNSOLVED Oh - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please Note:
This is a lengthy conversation I lifted from thread #32 and reposted here. The link to the page with the original individual quoted posts are at the link.
Link
OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #31

One of the best observations to date.
Dudly; said:
One business that could cause it would be money laundering, I would think. The thought it could get exposed and implicate prominent people, especially..

Some background info I am including. The co-owner of BBL is BM. In addition BM was responsible for the really sweet land deal that rocketed RW from being a radio DJ to being a buyer for the BBL.I will be mentioning a little more on the BBL acquisition latter but for now without my link handy just say it's a good hunch)
Here are BM car dealerships:
BARRY'S CHV-BUICK, Inc., West Union, Ohio.
MCFARLAND CHEVROLET BUICK
609 Martin Luther King Jr Hwy Maysville KY 41056 US

rsd1200; said:
Agree, Dudly. That's where I'm seeing the tie in w/the BBL folks and the other stuff. Used car lots seem to be a "thing" for that, too. CR1 and the others may have known what was happening, and might have even become mules at one time, with those trips to Detroit to pick up vehicles (maybe even unknowingly, for awhile).

MizStery; said:
Dudley as you have pointed out for years I might add where better to laundry money than a lake resort with kiddy attractions,kids camps,live entertainment and all the endless cash exchange opportunities.

Dudly; said:
Like paying to mow grass once a week when it only needs mowed twice a month. Painting things that weren't painted. Trimming trees that look like they did. Patching trails and roads. Clean up. All sorts of ways to show money spent for things that didn't happen. And on the other side, showing receipts on payments for rent of campsites not used...

I am working on another post 'maybe tomorrow' focusing on MittenScarpetta's recent post.)

Heck it even includes a 'great' post from another thread by Amauet1.I miss Amauet1 please come back and post you seemed to have knowledge that I found really helpful.

Just My Opinion

Please have at it but be gentle.;)

Please Note:
This is a lengthy conversation I lifted from thread #32 and reposted here. The link to the page with the original individual quoted posts are at the link.
Link
OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #31

Some background info I am including. The co-owner of BBL is BM. In addition BM was responsible for the really sweet land deal that rocketed RW from being a radio DJ to being a buyer for the BBL.I will be mentioning a little more on the BBL acquisition latter but for now without my link handy just say it's a good hunch)

I am working on another post 'maybe tomorrow' focusing on MittenScarpetta's recent post.)

Heck it even includes a 'great' post from another thread by Amauet1.I miss Amauet1 please come back and post you seemed to have knowledge that I found really helpful.

Just My Opinion

Good compilation. Yeah, this has been an ongoing discussion. About a week or so ago, I was trying to look around for some of the names of those used car businesses in the area. I know I had searched for some on Google Maps around the time the W's farms were searched, but couldn't find them. Thanks!

Anyone who has watched "Ozark" on Netflix got a primer on how this stuff works. (Most of us would have no clue if not for that show, haha).

We've not yet been able to get this sub expanded to one with room for multiple categories, so still have a difficult time organizing information. Why don't you take this post, with links, and also put it in the Media & Timelines thread?

Media & Timeline NO DISCUSSION - Pike Co, OH 8 Family Members Murdered

That way it can be easily referenced. Do the same with other important topics - write a sort of summary sheet or "white paper" and post it, with links, over there. Copy and paste is fine, too, if you don't have the time. There's a lot of very good info that has been researched and posted in these threads, so it helps to summarize some of it now and then and make it easy to access.

Thanks!

**I need to update the timeline over there. Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thank goodness I posted it over there because the latest version I had on my computer was lost when my old laptop semi-crashed. I had stored it in one of those "notepad" apps, which didn't transfer the upgraded software on my new hard drive. Something to keep in mind.**

Last edited:
I believe it might be solved at some point, but, there is so much going on everywhere these days, that I'm not surprised at all, that it's taken this long.
I don't think this will be solved unless JW or GW3 talks to a girlfriend/wife. Those two especially GW are the weaker links as the older W's will never talk or turn on each other and no one else knows anything. Unless one of them kills again ( and that is a very real possibility) and gets caught then decides to talk there will be no arrests.

JMO

Please Note:
Link

Just My Opinion

I miss Amaut too. Keep on keepin' on Mizstery. ;)

A bus with California plates does not mean the people on board are from California. I'm from Ohio and was in PA. on a bus with MI. plates on a business excursion.
In my area of Ohio, a lot of trucks owned by companies in Ohio have Maine licenses plates because they save money doing that. They set up a business address in Maine and get their plates through the Main BVM.

In Nevada the tour buses like this havevto bevlucensed here. And I was avoiding saying anything about ethnicity. They appeared to be if one common race and non white ir black. It was clearly voter fraud as supported by the number of stops they made.

And for example after the election it was announced that 33 famous people who had long passed away had voted. Among them were

Bettey Davis
Waylon Jennings
Howard Hughes
Larry Hagen
Rock Hudson

My guess is something shady was going on.

I believe it might be solved at some point, but, there is so much going on everywhere these days, that I'm not surprised at all, that it's taken this long.

Officials have characterized the Rhoden murders as the largest criminal inquiry in Ohio history. I am surprised that it has not been solved.

Besides not being solved, it seems to have been put on the back burner. Few updates, and seldom even mentioned in the media.

This is what seems to be Piketon's best kept secret it's booming local economy by simply acquiring an LLC and operating in the used car business.Which leads to another question who is the bank loaning money for all the loans.

I have the Link with the actual name of car dealership raided Unlimited Motors LLC the owners name is BB.It indicates that BB is the principal owner I wonder what other local names we might recognize could possibly be connected to Unlimited Motors LLC?
<snip>
Photos and video taken by news media show authorities using metal detectors(shell casing perhaps?) at the farm, digging in what looked to be a garden area close to the home and walking through the property, looking at the ground much of the time.
<snip>
Dozens of agents, along with Reader, descended on Unlimited Motors at 28171 Ohio Hwy 41 in Peebles about 9 p.m., joining about a dozen agents who had been there since before noon Friday. State records show the principal owner of the business is Brian K. Brown
Police spokesman wrongly says SWAT present at Pike County raid for 'suspects'

Here is Unlimited Motors LLC Website:
https://g.co/kgs/U4uPpz

Still another Link that specifies this was actually the second raid carried out on the Unlimited Motors LLC
Investigators search farm 1
0 miles from scene of Rhoden family massacre; 2nd search made at car lot
Investigators search farm 10 miles from scene of Rhoden family massacre; 2nd search made at car lot

Darn it! I am not sure I can finish MittenScarpetta's post until later. A shout out to Mitten on some keen sleuthing NOW we now can possibly connect the W's (AW's father)to the large number of locals all being in the car business.

Thanks to rsd1200 for the good words!

Finally a BIG thanks to Betty P for helping me (because of my eye surgery) by taking on the job of adding my post info to Media Tread. Betty P if you go the website link for Unlimited Motors LLC ~as you scroll down the webpage there is a header ( about half way down the screen) captioned 'people also searched for' that has dealers photos then on the extreme right is an arrow that links to another screen with several additional local car businesses.

My Opinion Only

Last edited:
I was just browsing and found this interesting. I'd read that violent crime was down, overall, but, so is solving violent crime, overall.

While violent crime has fallen, across America, in the past two decades, solving violent crime cases is fallen as well, so when crimes occur, they mostly go unpunished. In fact, for most major crimes, police don't even make an arrest or identify a suspect. That's what police call "clearing" a crime; the "clearance rate" is the percentage of offenses cleared.

How Many Crimes Do Your Police 'Clear'? Now You Can Find Out

To use the FBI's terminology, the national "clearance rate" for homicide today is 64.1 percent. Fifty years ago, it was more than 90 percent.

And that's worse than it sounds, because "clearance" doesn't equal conviction: It's just the term that police use to describe cases that end with an arrest, or in which a culprit is otherwise identified without the possibility of arrest — if the suspect has died, for example

Open Cases: Why One-Third Of Murders In America Go Unresolved

Columbus, Ohio for example:
The reasons for a low clearance rate vary. Detectives cite a lack of cooperation from witnesses in communities, a double-digit spike in homicides, which has only taxed limited resources, and the turnaround time at the lab that can sometimes delay an arrest.

Nationally, the clearance rate has declined since the 1960s, when it hit more than 90 percent. That trend has proved true in Columbus.

Not all pieces of evidence get tested at the lab. Detectives start with five pieces of evidence in the hope of having enough to tie the killer to the scene. If they want to send more than that, a supervisor has to sign off, according to detectives. The rest remains in storage at the property room.

Even with an expedited process, the average turnaround time for testing firearms in homicide cases this year was 40 days. For forensic biology evidence, such as DNA testing, the average turnaround time was 50 days this year.

If one batch of evidence doesn’t yield results, the process starts all over again.

“We could definitely use more DNA and firearm staff,” St. Clair said. “Our chief is very supportive. City resources aren’t there to fund them at this point.”

Why do so many Columbus homicides remain unsolved?

I was just browsing and found this interesting. I'd read that violent crime was down, overall, but, so is solving violent crime, overall.

How Many Crimes Do Your Police 'Clear'? Now You Can Find Out

Open Cases: Why One-Third Of Murders In America Go Unresolved

Columbus, Ohio for example:

Why do so many Columbus homicides remain unsolved?

Probably a major factor is ongoing tax cuts that result in budget cuts at the local/city and county level. The feds cut taxes and pass the burden down to the states. The states cut taxes and pass both the federal tax cuts and their own down to local governments. Those state and local budgets for LE should have been increasing over the last few decades. Instead they've been flat or decreasing.

Probably a major factor is ongoing tax cuts that result in budget cuts at the local/city and county level. The feds cut taxes and pass the burden down to the states. The states cut taxes and pass both the federal tax cuts and their own down to local governments. Those state and local budgets for LE should have been increasing over the last few decades. Instead they've been flat or decreasing.

I think it's wasteful spending. I don't see a need for fancy incognito cruisers (Stangs, Challengers, Chargers, and SUVs), expensive white boards that no one knows how to use, and likely wouldn't if they did, and new computer systems when the old ones will suffice, and I could go on. Our community could make do with what they had, and invested in a couple more officers, and a couple additional support staff, or bring the ones over from the other govt. jobs, who just sit and twiddle their thumbs and gossip about everyone who walks in the office, all day, into the LED, to make better use of their abilities and salaries. If ya can't catch and prosecute murderers, then there's really no need for a computer in your vehicle's dash. Mandatory dash cam? Yes. Ability to submit more than five pieces of evidence at a time? Fabulous idea. Have it turned around in less than 30 days? Fandangtastic! The rest of that stuff, I don't see it at all, especially in these little small towns. I honestly don't even see the drug dogs. Expensive dogs, training must be ongoing, feeding, vet bills, handler training, etc... We only have two ambulances, for Pete's sake. If one is on a call, and there's a bad accident, another county has to help us out. We've gotten very wasteful in this country.

I'm in Ohio and I can not vote without a picture ID and signature and then they check a list to see if I'm registered to vote.
I'm in NYS, and I honestly cannot recall ever being asked for an ID, photo or otherwise, to vote. My name IS listed in a voter roll book and we have to sign it each time, but that's it.

I'm in NYS, and I honestly cannot recall ever being asked for an ID, photo or otherwise, to vote. My name IS listed in a voter roll book and we have to sign it each time, but that's it.
Wow. I live in small-town in middle-america where everyone knows everyone, and the polling place lady is my husband's boss (there are 6 employees in the whole business including the owners). I still have to show my picture ID.

This is absolutely fascinating! BM (co-owner BBL and the same man who also owns several Chev-Buick Dealerships)also serves as a Director of First State Bank of Adams County

First State Bank of Adams County
Link to webpage board of directors First State Bank of Adams County
Board of Directors | First State Bank | Winchester, OH - Hillsboro, OH - Mt. Orab, OH

First State Bank of Adams County
19230 State Route 136 Winchester, OH 45697 | 937.695.0331
First State Bank is owned by dedicated stockholders and directed by a board of nine directors.
BM (co-owner BBL and also owns several Chev-Buick Dealerships)serves as a Director of First State Bank of Adams County

This second link is Bloomberg Website on BM.Not sure why link says 'Terms of Service Violation' but it is a Bloomberg link to their webpage.
Terms of Service Violation

<modsnip as per member request re accuracy>

Just My Opinion

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this case is quite simple on its face, but complicated by the fact that family, especially this family, tends to stick together. This is especially true when multiple members of that family, were likely directly involved.

I think this was personal, related to custody, and fueled by an ongoing and long-term conflict.

The police likely know who did this, but the fact that the perpetrators are blood related, and have the benefit of distance, will continue to complicate this investigation.

I think the grow operation, is nothing more than a red herring.

Unless someone talks, which I think is unlikely, justice will continue to prove elusive.

I think this case is quite simple on its face, but complicated by the fact that family, especially this family, tends to stick together. This is especially true when multiple members of that family, were likely directly involved.

I think this was personal, related to custody, and fueled by an ongoing and long-term conflict.

The police likely know who did this, but the fact that the perpetrators are blood related, and have the benefit of distance, will continue to complicate this investigation.

I think the grow operation, is nothing more than a red herring.

Unless someone talks, which I think is unlikely, justice will continue to prove elusive.
I'm not sure that I think the grow op was a complete red herring, nor sure it was custody-related, but tend to agree with you overall. Those two things could well be related in your long-running feud scenario. I used to lean toward it being mostly drug/$ money-related and it was a hit, but long since changed my mind.

Having said that, I'm always open to changing my mind again. And again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState