OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #34 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Angela Wagner's indictment begins on page 14 and it does charge her with aggravated murder, stating she was in possession of a weapon during the crime. Wow. Did the whole family go creeping in to murder each of the victims or did they take turns or did the GJ just charge everyone to see what would stick?

Thanks, Betty P. I'm trying to read about what falls under the "pattern of corrupt activity" in the charges and it's very confusing.

ALSO: It says that Jake forged documents on April 3, 2016 in reaction to a possible or potential investigation or proceeding.

What kind of investigation could he be facing that would make him decide he needed to forge custody documents? Could it be something so bad that the entire family decided it had to be silenced and the child taken away? This was not even three weeks before the murders, as we all know.

I think there's a chance Hanna was going to get custody of Sophia for a very good reason. I hope it's not true, though! Ugh. Maybe I should delete this. I can edit it if someone wants me to.

Yes, so far George III was also charged with forgery of those documents, too. What were they falsifying?

ETA: Also, what is the reference to a video recording device that Jake Wagner purchased in March, just prior to the murders? Did he plant a video camera somewhere to monitor the activities of some of the victims?

Last edited:
IMO they were doing drug deals with the R family. I think it all played a part. Jealousy, obsession, control etc.

I have to agree. That "undercurrent" stopped them from being able to go through proper custodial channels if they wanted a change. They sure weren't making any money off of Kuhn Kuhn pigs and Pocket Beagles. No snark intended, but those animal things are like pyramid schemes.

In the beginning I didn't either, but after the raids and the "laser focus" thing I was convinced that JW and his parents did it to get custody of SW.

I also believed that drug trafficking may have been involved and although DeWine said there was "drug undercurrents" I now think that the W's were obsessed with getting custody of SW simply because the R's were selling pot and they didn't approve.

So looks like I was wrong on that score.

JMO
I'm still waiting for the BBL connection. Oh well.

Yes, so far George III was also charged with forgery of those documents, too. What were they falsifying?

ETA: Also, what is the reference to a video recording device that Jake Wagner purchased in March, just prior to the murders? Did he plant a video camera somewhere to monitor the activities of some of the victims?

Counts 16 and 18 for George are both about custody documents! One sounds like a fake signature charge, but it's dense reading.

edited to say: And for Angela too. Maybe they're all charged with two counts. Will keep reading.

It interesting in count 22 for each of them they include a John Doe in the list of conspirators. They include the catch-all “and/or any other identified and/or unknown individuals” as they do in other counts. I am wondering why they explicitly include John Doe in count 22. Are they eluding to someone specific they don’t want to name and have yet to indict?

Thanks, Betty P. I'm trying to read about what falls under the "pattern of corrupt activity" in the charges and it's very confusing.

ALSO: It says that Jake forged documents on April 3, 2016 in reaction to a possible or potential investigation or proceeding.

What kind of investigation could he be facing that would make him decide he needed to forge custody documents? Could it be something so bad that the entire family decided it had to be silenced and the child taken away? This was not even three weeks before the murders, as we all know.

I think there's a chance Hanna was going to get custody of Sophia for a very good reason. I hope it's not true, though! Maybe I should delete this. I can edit it if someone wants me to.
A murder investigation?

And didn’t they join a church in Alaska?

How can you reconcile shooting women five times in the face with being a regular churchgoer?

There has not yet been created an emoji that would adequately express my feelings about this family.

By pretending to be something you are not. Going up to visit friends. Take vaca. Surround yourself with the other "good" people in a church. Best place to try and hide in plain sight. Why do pedophiles join the priesthood, or become youth group leaders?

Wow. So glad there is finally an arrest in this case. Wonder if one of that family started to get nervous about spending time in prison and wonder if one of them that was not as involved as some of the main shooters maybe got some sort of plea deal to testify against the others.

ETA Could that be the John Doe to keep identity hidden

I'm still waiting for the BBL connection. Oh well.

Haven't seen any mention of anyone besides the Wagners. Not saying there aren't other connections to the murders, but DeWine was adamant that no one else was involved. He says the grow ops, cockfighting birds, etc. had nothing to do with the murders. Not sure many people following this case will agree, but....

Keep in mind JW thought the newborn might be his too. IMO that is why they waited for that baby to be born before they did the murders

I've always thought the murders were planned to allow for the birth of the child. The killers eliminated anyone who could legally challenge JW for custody if he just killed Hanna. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214