OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #34 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always thought the murders were planned to allow for the birth of the child. The killers eliminated anyone who could legally challenge JW for custody if he just killed Hanna. JMO

JMO
I think the custody thing played a big part in this.

And if he felt the unborn child may have been his too then that is why he timed out the killings until after she had the baby.

Thank you BETTYP! Apparently Angela W and her mother, Rita Newcomb like to smile in all their pics. I just can't imagine how a "great-grandmother, grandmother & mother" could function
on a daily basis knowing you were part of a murder cover-up? The arrest of the "father wanting custody" doesn't surprise me....it is that an ENTIRE FAMILY OF ADULTS were all complicit in the murder of 8 human beings....what a bunch of sicko's. Maybe the old gals will be accommodated with special "granny flats" in prison.

What an utterly dysfunctional family. Can’t even find words to describe it.

I cannot even imagine if they didn’t get caught and little S grew up in this family, how controlling Angela would have been when S began dating. Probably would have attempted to get custody away from her if she ever had a baby. “Young lady you can sign in the dotted line, or else it will be the time for me to tell you about how 8 if your family members died.”

What an utterly dysfunctional family. Can’t even find words to describe it.

I cannot even imagine if they didn’t get caught and little S grew up in this family, how controlling Angela would have been when S began dating. Probably would have attempted to get custody away from her if she ever had a baby. “Young lady you can sign in the dotted line, or else it will be the time for me to tell you about how 8 if your family members died.”
If there is a bright spot in her life, it is that she has now been pulled from the clutches of this evil family.

Hopefully she ends up in a good home.

I wonder if the custody thingo had anything to do with the other child whose mother supposedly gave up parental rights and that is what he asked Hanna to do too.
That’s what I am wondering too-maybe they falseified documents pertaining to that custody situation too. Nothing would surprise me with these evil people.

I have to agree. That "undercurrent" stopped them from being able to go through proper custodial channels if they wanted a change. They sure weren't making any money off of Kuhn Kuhn pigs and Pocket Beagles. No snark intended, but those animal things are like pyramid schemes.

No I have to disagree. Fredricka has been making big money off animals all her life. I came to know them through miniature horses. She made huge money off those minis and owned what is now an historical stallion. She is also the founder of the American mastiff.

Her son broke off from her in the ponies (Bobby) and now owns SMHC horse farm in shade Ohio. The stories I could tell. I’m gonna write a book on it one day (my years in horses and all the crazy things that happened)

I wonder if they each took a house, then took pics to prove the deed was done. Just wondering, it’s not anything I read anywhere.
It’s possible that’s the way it went down.

I doubt they photographed it though, as news coverage would prove that everyone went through with the crime as planned.

Please let me know any correction.

To try to summarize the indictments, it seems to me each of the 4 persons is charged with identical counts:

1-8 aggravated murder of the 8 victims on April 22, 2016
9- conspiracy to commit the murders with the 3 others, beginning around Jan 1, 2016, including purchasing items, surveillance of the victims, and learning their habits, etc
10-13 aggravated burglary on the 4 homes on the day of the murders.
14 - unlawful possession of weapon(s)
15-17 - tampering with evidence including victim's phones, custody documents from April 3, a silencer, home security video.
18 - forging custody documents on April 3, 2016
19-20 computer hacking of social media and intercepting emails, going back to July 1, 2014, up to May 2017 (when they left for AK?)
21 - obstructing justice by covering up for the others
22 - engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity in committing these crimes, involving the 3 others killers, the 2 grandmothers, and a 'John Doe', beginning Jan 1, 2016.

Then JW has a charge of sex with a minor, Hanna Rhoden.

Last edited:
It interesting in count 22 for each of them they include a John Doe in the list of conspirators. They include the catch-all “and/or any other identified and/or unknown individuals” as they do in other counts. I am wondering why they explicitly include John Doe in count 22. Are they eluding to someone specific they don’t want to name and have yet to indict?

IANAL, but sometimes John Doe is used as a sort of legal "place holder" in case other people are revealed who were also involved in the "enterprise or pattern of corrupt activity, etc." This information could be revealed in the process of plea bargaining, etc. Technically it leaves an opening to indict other people who might have been part of the conspiracy to plan or helped facility the criminal activity. Could be a way for prosecutors to pressure others in the community or who may have been on the periphery of the crime. I have my own theories about that.

Wow again.

I had to do a double take and realize there is finally an arrest. :)
I know. I figured that this would be one of those cases where LE knows who did it, but just didn’t have enough to prove it.

It’s tough to get a break when a family is this close, all of them with hands that are equally bloody.

Now we just have to hope that they really can prove their involvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties