OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #34 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Photos of the grandmas, accessories to murder. Not sure if these are mug shots, they look like driver's license photos

FOX19 (@FOX19) | Twitter
Thank you BETTYP! Apparently Angela W and her mother, Rita Newcomb like to smile in all their pics. I just can't imagine how a "great-grandmother, grandmother & mother" could function
on a daily basis knowing you were part of a murder cover-up? The arrest of the "father wanting custody" doesn't surprise me....it is that an ENTIRE FAMILY OF ADULTS were all complicit in the murder of 8 human beings....what a bunch of sicko's. Maybe the old gals will be accommodated with special "granny flats" in prison.

I'm sorry I'm a couple of pages behind and can't catch up but I need to ask: What is with the RICO charges? (Engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity) Is this money laundering-related? Other organized crime activity? Gun running? I'm not grasping what the charge really entails.

The day we have all been waiting for.

If feels so personal after getting to know so much about the victims over the past 2 1/2 years.

This. Yes. It's crazy. The Rhodens and HHG are why I joined WS. It's the only case I've followed this closely, and checked on daily. I'm all tore up. I can only imagine how the families and friends of the victims must be feeling.

I'm sorry I'm a couple of pages behind and can't catch up but I need to ask: What is with the RICO charges? (Engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity) Is this money laundering-related? Other organized crime activity? Gun running? I'm not grasping what the charge really entails.

Do you have a page number from the indictments? I havent gotten that far yet.

I have always wondered, why KR? His murdered was different with only one shot and he was so far from the other crime scenes-now I think that KR was murdered to throw off the investigation AND because they knew he would point fingers at them and retaliate if he was left alive. Just my thoughts...

BBM: Ice, I refer you back to mugshot of AW. Her expression appears quite smug, IMO.
Give the "lady" a feather boa and she could be posing for a Glamour Shot instead of a mugshot!

And didn’t they join a church in Alaska?

How can you reconcile shooting women five times in the face with being a regular churchgoer?

There has not yet been created an emoji that would adequately express my feelings about this family.

I have always wondered, why KR? His murdered was different with only one shot and he was so far from the other crime scenes-now I think that KR was murdered to throw off the investigation AND because they knew he would point fingers at them and retaliate if he was left alive. Just my thoughts...

I think they also knew he would find out they were behind the murders and would come after them. All of the above.

Not relevant but a little sad - following the social mentions from this thread and noticed JW's newest baby was born 4/7/17 -- so she has the same birthday as HR 4/7/97, JW's ex with whom the SW custody dispute arose... I could have my Wagners/Rhodens/BMs mixed up so ignore if so.

Re RICO charges: The indictments describe it as a pattern of corrupt activity involving other persons who are involved in the planning and execution of the crimes. So far, I'm only seeing Ohio Revised Code being referenced in the charges, so it technically isn't RICO. RICO refers to federal crimes, not state. Investigators have been very careful to not include federal investigators or charges in this investigation. Probably too many other cans of worms that can be opened in a region where there is so much drug trafficking, and where MJ and other possible drug activity is part of the overall criminal activities related to this case.

Reading indictments. Looks like the charges of burglary and tampering of evidence apply at all 4 murder locations. Tampering with evidence includes removal of shell casings, silencers, removal of home security equipment.

I meant to post about this a few weeks back! I was muddin w/some folks, and I overheard a fella telling about how he made one, to hunt coyotes, on his land, so they didn't hear the sound, and spook off the others. There's an over abundance of coyotes in some areas here. Soooo, I weaseled in and asked if they broke down fast, as I'd read they didn't last long, and did let some noise through. He said they didn't, if done right, and were whisper quiet. Just little pieces of fluff would fall off. We were all like... :eek:

I meant to post about this a few weeks back! I was muddin w/some folks, and I overheard a fella telling about how he made one, to hunt coyotes, on his land, so they didn't hear the sound, and spook off the others. There's an over abundance of coyotes in some areas here. Soooo, I weaseled in and asked if they broke down fast, as I'd read they didn't last long, and did let some noise through. He said they didn't, if done right, and were whisper quiet. Just little pieces of fluff would fall off. We were all like... :eek:

Wow. Good information. I know you did a lot of research on this topic, we were all wondering how much sound they could muffle and how easy it would be to make your own.

Re RICO charges: The indictments describe it as a pattern of corrupt activity involving other persons who are involved in the planning and execution of the crimes. So far, I'm only seeing Ohio Revised Code being referenced in the charges, so it technically isn't RICO. RICO refers to federal crimes, not state. Investigators have been very careful to not include federal investigators or charges in this investigation. Probably too many other cans of worms that can be opened in a region where there is so much drug trafficking, and where MJ and other possible drug activity is part of the overall criminal activities related to this case.

Thanks, Betty P. I'm trying to read about what falls under the "pattern of corrupt activity" in the charges and it's very confusing.

ALSO: It says that Jake forged documents on April 3, 2016 in reaction to a possible or potential investigation or proceeding.

What kind of investigation could he be facing that would make him decide he needed to forge custody documents? Could it be something so bad that the entire family decided it had to be silenced and the child taken away? This was not even three weeks before the murders, as we all know.

I think there's a chance Hanna was going to get custody of Sophia for a very good reason. I hope it's not true, though! Maybe I should delete this. I can edit it if someone wants me to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr