OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #34 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is in an incredibly impoverished area and there have been issues with funding schools, courts, and prisons in Ohio, especially in the smaller areas. They honestly may have just been waiting for the Ws to be back in Ohio (or near Ohio) for the arrest.
They made mention of a key piece of evidence that was uncovered a couple weeks ago. If this is true, then being back in Ohio was purely a coincidence.

I am starting to wonder what else the Wagner family has done, including that grandmother with her expensive animals and barn fires.
I’m sure they have an extensive history of illicit behavior.

Their criminal history didn’t begin with 8 murders on that night, 2.5 years ago.

This is in an incredibly impoverished area and there have been issues with funding schools, courts, and prisons in Ohio, especially in the smaller areas. They honestly may have just been waiting for the Ws to be back in Ohio (or near Ohio) for the arrest.

DeWine has pretty much free access to the state budget. He already arranged to pay for some things in the investigation. He could have arranged it and AK authorities were willing to help.

In my opinion they moved to Alaska to get JW (and maybe more family members) off meth. And to get away from the investigation but mainly to get clean. It would be much harder to get clean here where they could get drugs so easily. If you look at his before Alaska and after Alaska pics they show a story.

I said before people on meth become obsessive. Dewine used "obsessed" several times.

I wonder if the oldest son will now take over the farm? But they had a falling out years ago. Someone is going to have to care and pay the upkeep on all those horses.

Notes from Presser:

Attorney General speaking:

Yesterday grand jury indicted 4 Wagners with death penalty specifications

George "Billy" III, Angela, George IV, Edward "Jake" Wagner

Shows faces of victims on tv monitor. Names them all.

The killers knew the territory and planned massacre meticulously.

8 counts of aggravated murder each.

All 4 facing death penalty.

Because this is an open prosecution, can't say much about motive. Custody played a role.

Conspired to kill victims under cover of darkness and cover their tracks. Spent months planning the crime. Knew where they slept, and layouts of homes.

Suspects tampered with evidence, including phones and surveillance cameras.

Mistakes were made.

Gathering evidence for 2.5 years. In July of this year, judge impaneled grand jury.

Last piece of significant physical evidence was found on October 30 of this year.

A number of other offences: Conspiracy, pattern of corrupt activity, burglary, tampering with evidence, unlawful possession of a dangerous ordnance, interception of wire, obstruction of justice, forgery of child custody documents.

2 other people arrested for coverup, not for murders.

Angela's mother Rita, Billy's mother Fredericka Wagner.

Most complex and sophisticated operation in Ohio law enforcement history.

great summary. thought it was interesting he also mentioned a certain type of silencer used? and that they left clues (phones/cameras) and finally ALL THEIR LIES.....so glad this day has come!

Pike County GJ handed down indictment yesterday with DP specification.

Naming Wagners

After extensive investigation by locals and Ohio AG, now in custody.

Killed in homes, shot in cold blood, killers knew territory and planned.

Center of case is accusation the 4members of W family did this. Eight counts for each, death penalty specifications.

Won't say much about motive, but custody plays a role. Developed elaborate plan and carefully covered up tracks. Spent months planning. Studied habits, routines, layouts of homes. After killing, tampered with victims phones, surveillance cameras, etc. Mistakes were made. Gathering evidence all along. In July of this year judge impaneled GJ to gather all evidence and review it. Last piece of evidence was gathered and reviewed on Oct 30 this year.

All have led to today's charges and arrest. Charged with other offenses, conspiracy, aggravated burglary, tampering evidence, unauthorized use of property, interception of wire, etc. communications, obstruction of justice.

Also charged with forgery for forging child custody documents.

Angela and Billy's mother Fredericka are charged with misleading authorities.

Now thanking everyone.

LE found parts used to build the silencer used.

Horribly sad. 14 members of this child's family dead or in jail. Parents, grandparents and even great grandparents. Unbelievable. DeWine said it was obsession and control of this little girl. No member of the Wagner family no matter how distant should ever be allowed to even speak to this little girl again. She should be in our prayers from now on as she grows up with the knowledge she has lost 14 members of her immediate family and now she is basically alone because her father and family were evil and had a screw loose somewhere.

JMO

They made mention of a key piece of evidence that was uncovered a couple weeks ago. If this is true, then being back in Ohio was purely a coincidence.

DeWine later said the Oct. 30 evidence wasn't a key part, just one more thing added to the list. It sounded like they didn't consider that evidence any more important than other evidence they had already gathered. The GJ was convened in July 2018, over a year after they announced the W family were in the laser focus. Wonder what took them so long to convene the GJ?

LE found parts used to build the silencer used.

Horribly sad. 14 members of this child's family dead or in jail. Parents, grandparents and even great grandparents. Unbelievable. DeWine said it was obsession and control of this little girl. No member of the Wagner family no matter how distant should ever be allowed to even speak to this little girl again. She should be in our prayers from now on as she grows up with the knowledge she has lost 14 members of her immediate family and now she is basically alone because her father and family were evil and had a screw loose somewhere.

JMO

We had always assumed a silencer was used or the killers would have been nearly deaf and very disoriented after firing so many shots indoors at the homes.

Obsession of the Wagners was something many here surmised after studying their social media accounts, etc. I'm so glad little S and the other children are safe now. Yes, many prayers for love, support and recovery to her as she grows up and rejoins her family.

Oh my goodness what a wonderful day!! I can't speak for anyone else in Southern Ohio but I feel like a weight has been lifted! Going to be a long road ahead but I am so thankful arrests have been made and apparently the guilty are behind bars. I hope they hold them without bond! IMO they are flight risks!

I said many moons ago this had nothing to do with growing pot. It always felt very personal to me.

I suspected the father of the baby who survived when every other Rhoden family member was wiped out so none of them could ever ask for custody or be able to see the child again.

I knew then he was the one and not the least bit surprised he had family member helped along with the other two who helped cover it up. I am glad Devine put the heat on them when he outted them.

All four had to know it was just a matter of time before the death penalty shoe was going to drop.

So happy to see this day come and so sad to know all 8 victims were senselessly murdered in cold blood.

We have seen family tag teams before who murdered over custody issues but never this number of victims.

And destroying 8 lives and what did it accomplish? Nothing but heartache and devastation for an entire family.

How will the little child ever be able to accept losing her entire family and who took them all away from her? I pray she gets much therapy in order to deal with all of this which will most surely cause such emotional trauma through her life.

What a selfish this so call father truly is. He decided who would be in her life and who wouldnt.

He had no right to make permanent choices for this child. To know he took away any chance of her ever knowing the Rhoden family is so heartless and cruel.

It shows it was never really about her at all and everything about him and his family wanting ownership.

I am so glad to see this will be death penalty cases.

Now let's see if they are all given death by each of their juries will the state finally honor what the jury decides is the most appropriate punishment?

It a good day for justice in Ohio. It doesnt matter how long it may take. What is most important is to get it right before any of the arrests are made.

The DA knows they only get one bite of the apple.

I hope the family members left behind feel some sense of peace tonight knowing these monsters will finally face justice. My heart and prayers are with them all.

Jmo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members