OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #35 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good questions and you make a good point about the Wagners and GJ and timing of their return from AK.

Common Pleas Judge Rosenberger presided over the custody case, IIRC. Because it involved minor children, the details are not available to the public. HR was deceased and JW was the proven bio father, so at that time he may not have had enough evidence to deny custody. The charges for falsifying the custody papers may have something to do with that.

DeWine said the GJ was convened this past July. Either the W's came back to testify or the GJ was convened because they returned, not sure. Does anyone remember when the rumors began circulating that the W's had returned to the are? I know there was a record of AW updating her voter registration at that time and a LOT of rumors flying around online.

Agree, W's did get lucky. JMO, the more we learn about these horrible murders, the more we'll realize how imperfect their plan and execution were. I have a feeling they made quite a few mistakes and left more important evidence behind. They took huge risks with these murders and I'm amazed they weren't foiled by some of the victims being up and around, able to grab a gun or call 911.

According to friends the WAGGIES left property in storage in Nikiski as they intended to sell totally out of Ohio and. Move up. The young guys didn’t care for the intensity of work on fishing boats though. It’s the hardest work I’ve ever done.

I read they were pulled over after leaving R&R Equine Hospital and Billy was hiding in the trailer. I’ll look for the article.
Thanks ALWAYS, "hiding in the trailer" hmmmm??? So, who alerted BigGIII on speed dial? ( No matter how LE tries to coordinate...someone always has time to signal accomplices.)

Rhoden family murder suspect waives extradition to Ohio in Fayette District Court

When the judge asked Wagner what he would like to do during his arraignment, he said, “I guess head back to Ohio.”

Ohio deputy attorney general Stephen Schumaker was in attendance for the court hearing. He told reporters afterward he expects Wagner to be extradited soon.

Video of the hearing at link

At the link below, there's a video interview with deputy AG Schumaker. He says he'll notify Sheriff Reader and will arrange to return GWIII back to Ohio ASAP.

Pike County murder suspect waives extradition to Ohio

GWIII will be arraigned after he returns to Ohio. Wonder which jail he will be sent to?

Last edited:
Thanks ALWAYS, "hiding in the trailer" hmmmm??? So, who alerted BigGIII on speed dial? ( No matter how LE tries to coordinate...someone always has time to signal accomplices.)

Right?
I can’t wait to see what kind of evidence they pull off of their current phones, laptops etc.
I feel like they thought they were getting away with murder X 8. They might’ve slipped up in text messages to each other or something. moo

Photo of GWiii Billy Wagner in court as he waived extradition to Polk County Ohio.
Interesting tattoos. Are the 3 triangles a W? idk
Dr. Hillary Lake, WCPO on Twitter

He has some interesting tattoos on his forearms. Anyone know the significance, esp. the one with three interlocking triangles?

This web page says the three interlocking triangles are a religious tattoo, symbolizing the Holy Trinity, etc.

Triangle Tattoo Designs, Ideas and Meanings - All you need to know about Triangle Tattoos - Tattoo Me Now

Triangle often used to represent Christian faith because it contains three sides and three corners. The father, son and the holy spirit are represented by each point of a triangle. So, for the people of Christian faith, triangle tattoos represent symbol of their faith and symbolize the Holy Trinity. Triangle also represents number three which represents true wisdom and often connected to the ideas of a trinity. Triangle tattoos can also represent other forms of trinities such as:
  • Past present and future
  • Father, mother and son
  • Mind, body and spirit
  • Creation, preservation and destruction
  • Thought, feeling and emotion
  • Maiden, mother and crone

That might be. Didn't JW go over there around 10 PM that night? Unless someone else was at home in that house to intervene, he could have just snatched up Sophia and left with her. I wonder if Chris, Jr. was at home when that happened? If her brother wasn't home to intervene, and we know Dana wasn't at home, what, physically, could Hanna have been able to do to stop him? I think Hanna may have called her mother instead.

IIRC correctly, I don't think Hanna and Jake had a legal custody arrangement, but Jake was trying to get full custody and the schedule they had was something they had agreed upon. Hanna and even Dana might have believed that his just taking Sophia outside what had been agreed upon was something they could even call the police about. It would have been extremely upsetting, but it was also late, and Sophia would have been asleep at the W's. This may have something the Rhodens might have intended to deal with, in person, the next day.

JMO, the text message might have been necessary to try to determine if DR had done something she normally did after coming home from work to help them figure out when she would fall asleep that night. I'm not sure whether her work schedule was set in store, or whether it varied.

It's all so sick, twisted, and so evil. I think it was all about getting total control of children, and JMO, the puppet master was AW.

All JMO.
They forged the custody documents a couple of weeks before the murders. Jake may have presented the forged documents to Hanna hours before the murders and then taken the baby.

Exactly what did Rita Newcomb think her grandson was going to do with forged custody documents? She knew something very bad was getting ready to happen. Kidnapping would be the least of the bad things that would happen with such forged documents.

Photo of GWiii Billy Wagner in court as he waived extradition to Polk County Ohio.
Interesting tattoos. Are the 3 triangles a W? idk
Dr. Hillary Lake, WCPO on Twitter
BETTYP...you are the completeness of inquiring minds:)!! 3 Triangle is a Norse symbol called Valknut. It is a symbol of three interlocked triangles. Rather than having one triangle people sometimes have 3 triangles in their tattoos to represent each elements of a trinity individually. Three interlocking tattoos: three interlocking triangles tattoos - Google Search

Exactly what did Rita Newcomb think her grandson was going to do with forged custody documents? She knew something very bad was getting ready to happen. Kidnapping would be the least of the bad things that would happen with such forged documents.

Also, why did the Wagner's believe that HR was an unfit mother?

BETTYP...you are the completeness of inquiring minds:)!! 3 Triangle is a Norse symbol called Valknut. It is a symbol of three interlocked triangles. Rather than having one triangle people sometimes have 3 triangles in their tattoos to represent each elements of a trinity individually. Three interlocking tattoos: three interlocking triangles tattoos - Google Search

Thanks! Yeah, Websleuths is full of us nosy armchair detectives. Always poking around and asking questions.

https://gph.is/1MN4Z2O

VERY INTERESTING...
upload_2018-11-14_12-31-16.pngArrest report states ,"owner has no knowledge of case only served out-of-state warrant." Isn't the owner of the truck FW?? (Last night I thought she was The Queen of Denial... she might also be pretty good at deception. One cool cucumber!) At first I wondered about the older woman in the arrest video and noticed she was about 5'3", paled skin, and she actually climbed on the wheel of the horse trailer
to look inside at her horse! Makes sense (to me anyway) that she is strong and active even at age 76.....If that is FW... (just my hunch, of course.)

Last edited:
Wow rsd1200! Good on you! I'm so proud of you!

I really do think social media and online activists played a big role in keeping the pressure on and pointing LE in the right direction. I think Dudly and others did some "outreach", too. LE may not have been happy with everyone's efforts, but it was heartening to read about people questioning investigators at town hall meetings, etc.

Everyone who contributed here did a massive amount of very good research and analysis, compiling files and re-checking facts. It's been very impressive and I'm glad to have watched it all unfold.

I think we did quite well keeping to the facts as known and keeping rumors out. Opinions were expressed as such. I am impressed how the core group of posters handled everything. With so little known, it would have been easy to get on the rumor mill track. I definitely applaud the effort made researching all the possibilities and the backgrounds of people within TOS. With the little evidence released it was more like finding a grain of sand on a beach than a needle in a haystack... They were close to a perfect crime but there is no such thing, luckily...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member