OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #36 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
No. I'd not want to just move in with my children either, unless it were an absolute emergency. Like, a tornado sucks up the house, or something equally tragic. And don't we bet she could!

I was thinking about the level of co-dependency / clannishness earlier. I don't think these boys have ever led a life outside the grasp of their family, I doubt that GW3 has either.

If I learned that one of my kids, and their family, had murdered eight people, I'd probably have to sit down for a spell and collect myself, and then I'd try to figure out a way to approach LE, without them knowing. They have, after all, murdered eight people, they knew. How far to go before they justify killing me, if the arrest doesn't hold?

BBM

I love my son dearly but if I had to live with him I would be bald headed. I would pull out every hair in my head in frustration. No I'll take a nice nursing home anytime over that if I get to the point I can't care for myself. That way he can come visit once a month if he is so inclined. Or not. Come to think of it, he could just call me on the phone.

then I'd try to figure out a way to approach LE, without them knowing.

My thoughts exactly. I would be at the police station in record time. I would feel it was my duty as a parent to make sure my son did not hurt anyone else.

The level of closeness between the W parents and sons in my opinion is not normal. How did they have any privacy in that small house?

JMO

Great video! If I had an extra $1149 lying around I'd buy one! I'm very curious about the ballistics too!

Yea that one is quite expensive. Ive seen them much cheaper at gun shows. Don't know the laws in that area, but down here in Texas you can buy anything you want at a gun show. No 7 day waiting period or background check. Cash is king especially in parking lot. Yea if ballistics are released it will tell a lot.

Being painted/wallpapered with dark colors helps hides all those hand/finger prints, dirt, etc. I once knew of someone who actually painted all her interior walls---black. Said she'd never have to worry about dirty walls. :rolleyes:

Patterned wall paper helps hide cracks in the walls too. Used to live in an old farm house. Paint just shows them up. Mine was awesome to live in, in the summer, but could be very nippy in the winter.

VERN, VERN, VERN ;) I don't know how you did "all that linking stuff" but it sure was good and direct information!! Thank you. (Hope you do not mind if I repost it?):
"Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader said the killers had made a mistake: They had left behind pieces of the equipment they used to build silencers. And, after 2½ years of investigation, the final break came Oct. 30: Authorities recovered a silencer. No one would say how or where, but Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine said that final piece of evidence was taken to the lab to be processed. Those results came back Nov. 7.
Any "eyeballs" notice anything odd.increased activity occurring on Oct.30th, 2018 on or near "property formerly owned by Jake Wagner and George Wagner IV."?

I right clicked on the "red" post number (#300 etc) found at the bottom right corner of the posts. It says "permalink" if you hover over it, but if you right-click you get the option to "copy link". I just select that and paste into whatever reply I am making.

BBM
No. I'd not want to just move in with my children either, unless it were an absolute emergency. Like, a tornado sucks up the house, or something equally tragic. And don't we bet she could!

I was thinking about the level of co-dependency / clannishness earlier. I don't think these boys have ever led a life outside the grasp of their family, I doubt that GW3 has either.

If I learned that one of my kids, and their family, had murdered eight people, I'd probably have to sit down for a spell and collect myself, and then I'd try to figure out a way to approach LE, without them knowing. They have, after all, murdered eight people, they knew. How far to go before they justify killing me, if the arrest doesn't hold?
Dear RSD1200 bbm Thank you immensely for your insight, "I don't think these boys have ever led a life outside the grasp of their family." In their young lives it does not appear they had life skills (other than hanging trophies of their kills) instilled in them. Conflict resolution is definitely not their strong suit. Frankly from reading comments, it seems they grew up with family who intimidated and threatened others when anyone dared to disagree with them. So tragically sad...shaking my head. Knowing a 23 yr is dating a 29 year old (six years difference) is acceptable...but Jake stating on a custody declaration he was 19 dating a 13 year old, (6 years difference) is just not normal, IMO.
I think these issues (lack of socialization/immaturity/family influences) will be arguments addressed in the death penalty phase. But at the end of the day, what gave these W's the right to think their lives were more important than the lives they so mercilessly took?
If I could ask them one question...that is the one I would ask.

I don't know when this photo was taken....but I showed it to an experienced professional (works with addiction problems) and the first words out of his mouth were, "Speed bumps!" View attachment 156871 Okay, back to my faithful research assistant Miss Google, ignoring speed bumps used to slow traffic, I found this:
Meth sores are most commonly seen on an individual’s face, particularly on the mouth, checks, or forehead. Sores may appear to look like acne or a rash but often become infected and spread. According to an article in Family Practice News, sores from meth use can occur from several different methods.
Perhaps there was a drug issue, in the past, but recent photos show his complexion to be flawless.
Oh gheesh-lahweez, I must be on some "cyber crime info research list" since I have been spending a lot of time researching silencers, flash suppressors, cell phone blockers, and bug finders...#5 is really interesting item

Posters have pointed this out here and there (including myself), but my word, that photo is a dead giveaway for meth.
It doesn't seem as though we've at all plumbed the depths on the meth topic. A meth lab would be waaay more significant than a marijuana grow. Could that be how the Rhodens got their money, 'cos it doesn't seem as though their occupations would bring in that much, and they can't have been working that hard with all the planning for the murder that was going on.

BBM

I love my son dearly but if I had to live with him I would be bald headed. I would pull out every hair in my head in frustration. No I'll take a nice nursing home anytime over that if I get to the point I can't care for myself. That way he can come visit once a month if he is so inclined. Or not. Come to think of it, he could just call me on the phone.

then I'd try to figure out a way to approach LE, without them knowing.

My thoughts exactly. I would be at the police station in record time. I would feel it was my duty as a parent to make sure my son did not hurt anyone else.

The level of closeness between the W parents and sons in my opinion is not normal. How did they have any privacy in that small house?

JMO

BIBM
I told my family, if I can't take care of myself, "trip" over that main chord to the plug!! o_O

You can make do in a small space when you have to, but it sure makes you appreciate a larger space when you get one! :)

.....Thread an extension onto the barrel, and drill holes through the extension to vent gasses. Pack washers and steel wool over the extension, and seal it. The steel wool filler or fluff exits the barrel with the bullet because that stuff gets everywhere... Its a forensic goldmine really.
The video upthread shows a silencer can be made in a home workshop. It's a little different than the one here, evidently, but nonetheless, with that version, too, the perps could easily have left a treasure trove of forensic info scattered around their workshop.

That red gets me too. It looks like they were going for the barn red country look but got sidetracked somehow. I would have left it white or if I wanted color a nice light yellow. The W's really needed a little sunshine in their lives and house also.

Seriously OT but... I had exactly the same thought... barn red gone haywire. I'm not sure why anyone thought black shutters were a good idea either. You can't buy the right color paint looking at little paper samples seen under florescent lighting in stores. You can buy actual samples and paint it on and try it out where it's going to be be seen... or buy a quart if they won't sell samples. If you like it, then go back and buy the gallons you need because most stores won't take the paint back once they've mixed up gallons and then, you change your mind. It's worth the extra time and effort, imo. I also would have just painted it white or a very light yellow with white trim, porch, etc.
Ok, I'm done with OT. Sorry. Small, old, farm houses are just... wonderful things.

Posters have pointed this out here and there (including myself), but my word, that photo is a dead giveaway for meth.
It doesn't seem as though we've at all plumbed the depths on the meth topic. A meth lab would be waaay more significant than a marijuana grow. Could that be how the Rhodens got their money, 'cos it doesn't seem as though their occupations would bring in that much, andthey can't have been working that hard with all the planning for the murder that was going on.

Don't you mean the Wagners since you go on to say they were planning the murders? At any rate, I don't think the Rhodens had a meth lab but I don't know about the Wagners.

It looked a lot nicer when they bought it, imo. It was built in 1901 and they painted it that horrible red color and let everything grow wild outside and in... and hung dead animal heads all over the place. No respect for such a nice old house, imo. Blasphemy! I wouldn't sleep there even one night.
Link below is what it looked like before:

260 Peterson Rd, Oliver Twp, OH 45660 - 3 beds/1 bath

Why on earth would they paint that house? It really looked nice white.

Seriously OT but... I had exactly the same thought... barn red gone haywire. I'm not sure why anyone thought black shutters were a good idea either. You can't buy the right color paint looking at little paper samples seen under florescent lighting in stores. You can buy actual samples and paint it on and try it out where it's going to be be seen... or buy a quart if they won't sell samples. If you like it, then go back and buy the gallons you need because most stores won't take the paint back once they've mixed up gallons and then, you change your mind. It's worth the extra time and effort, imo. I also would have just painted it white or a very light yellow with white trim, porch, etc.
Ok, I'm done with OT. Sorry. Small, old, farm houses are just... wonderful things.
If they really needed to change the color, light grey with white trim would have looked lovely on that house.

LE u

I'm also guessing you know a .223 would completely take back of a persons head off or side. Wish LE would release ballistics. Since most shots were up close. I'm thinking .22LR pistol or one of those new fangled short tactical .22 rifles.
Yes a .22LR can go through a door,especially a door made for a trailer. These people read a lot somewhere. Now about different caliber that killed one of the Rhodans I read somewhere is baffling or shows two people at same site. JMO

I also thought they used a .22LR since the shots seem to have been very close up. I've heard of a .22 ricochet off a skull when shot from a distance. That won't happen at very close range. That could also account for the number of times people were shot since a .22 bullet in the brain may not be fatal. The sound level would be be lower also...

Patterned wall paper helps hide cracks in the walls too. Used to live in an old farm house. Paint just shows them up. Mine was awesome to live in, in the summer, but could be very nippy in the winter.

I grew up in a house built in the late 1800s. In the winter we could see our breath in the mornings when we woke up in the upstairs bedrooms. We had hot water heat so we also had to bleed the air out of the radiators every night upstairs or no hot water got up there.

I also thought they used a .22LR since the shots seem to have been very close up. I've heard of a .22 ricochet off a skull when shot from a distance. That won't happen at very close range. That could also account for the number of times people were shot since a .22 bullet in the brain may not be fatal. The sound level would be be lower also...

The Israelis are quite fond of the .22LR to kill people.
Israeli Mossad .22 LRS: The Reliable Pistols of the Mossad
Ive gone over to YouTube and watched people shoot suppressed .22lr and the ejected brass hitting ground was louder than shot.

I grew up in a house built in the late 1800s. In the winter we could see our breath in the mornings when we woke up in the upstairs bedrooms. We had hot water heat so we also had to bleed the air out of the radiators every night upstairs or no hot water got up there.

Mine was early 1900s. The radiator system was in it but had never been used (long story). We had no heat at all in the upstairs, where the bedrooms were. I've woke many times to seeing my own breath. We heated with wood and coal downstairs, and had it set up for us to easily transition our sleeping quarters to the downstairs, during the coldest parts of winter, and we'd just close off the whole upstairs.

Idk that it means that this is the firearm that he used, but JW had the HK P30l, advert photo, amongst his FB photos. Given their penchant for leavin behind digital footprints, I'd not be surprised if he had a photo of the firearm that he used, on his FB Timeline.

42415635_10211608777766061_3648555429253873664_n.jpg

I just don't understand buying house with a sibling. I love my sisters, but there is no way I would consider buying a house or living with them as an adult. In fact, I have a two day limit on house guests before I start getting twitchy. I think the level of co-dependency in this family is extraordinary. I bet being separated in different jails is causing them pretty extreme distress.
Also, I would love to hear from the ex-wife. Bet she could give important insight into the W family dynamics.

Right now everyone is trying to protect themselves. Two of the charged are out on bond and could plot to hurt witnesses and confidential informants. Some ex spouses should be carefully discussed her simply not to further endanger them.

How was George allowed to just take his son to Alaska? Didn't the child's mother even try to fight it?
She surrendered months ago custody had been signed over after a nasty fight.

I can’t imagine that a mother would just sign over custody. Could threats have been involved?

I would imagine she would be following the Rhoden murder investigation closely. I wonder if she had suspected the W family? And the motive? Does the thought cross her mind that it could have been her and her family if she hadn’t signed over custody?

Also wondering if LE has discussed with her, since she was “related” to the W family in the same manner that HR was?

My thoughts and speculation only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member