OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #36 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t imagine that a mother would just sign over custody. Could threats have been involved?

I would imagine she would be following the Rhoden murder investigation closely. I wonder if she had suspected the W family? And the motive? Does the thought cross her mind that it could have been her and her family if she hadn’t signed over custody?

Also wondering if LE has discussed with her, since she was “related” to the W family in the same manner that HR was?

My thoughts and speculation only.

Keep in mind that although we know a lot about the relationship between JW and HR we don't know a lot about the marriage or breakup of GW4 and his wife. By the time of the divorce GW4 may have been ready to get rid of his wife and move on with his life.

But we know that JW was not. He was obsessed with HR and trying to get her to come back to him.

Keep in mind that although these murders was about child custody there were other factors involved. Like JW's need for revenge because HR dumped him and moved on to the point of having another man's child (I think JW knew good and well that little K did not belong to him). She even had another boyfriend that she was by all accounts talking marriage with.

It has been stated that BW and CR1 were best friends and close business partners. We don't know how well the W's knew the other girl's family or how close of a relationship her parents had with the W's. We don't know whether CR1 had something on BW that he threatened to go to LE with if they pursued custody.

Then there is the issue of Clarence R and his past. If BW was besties with CR1 he certainly knew about Clarence and what went on there.

I have a feeling that "baby Jake" was the driving force behind these murders. That he had an overwhelming need to hurt HR because she dumped him. And I think he pounded into his parents (especially AW's) head that "Like father like son" scenario of Clarence and CR1 and maybe even FR and CR2. I think it is a possibility that BW may even have told CR1 their fears as far as that was concerned and threatened to use it to get custody of SW if HR did not sign over her rights. I think in return CR1 threatened to tell LE or use in court against them what he knew about them.

I suspect that "baby Jake" manipulated his parents and brother by pounding on that issue of Clarence and how HR wronged him and hurt him until the W's entered the "mob mentality" and decided to kill them all. Remember that custody document 6 days after the murders where "poor baby Jake" was just a hard working man out there trying to provide for his family and "mean HR" just up and left him for no reason just because he "Worked too much". It was all HR's fault. I think this is the very same line he fed his parents and brother until he had them fired up enough to go wipe out an entire family. He even sucked in both of his grandmothers and maybe even his grandfathers.

JMO

O

JMO but omg seriously the color of the house, how they decorated. I really don’t think that proves guilt or innocence otherwise many people in pike county would need arrested.

You are right. It does not prove guilt or innocence. But you have to admit that dark red doesn't look good on a house where 4 people lived who are accused of slaughtering an entire family. All those dead deer heads inside doesn't help either.

But like you said. If house color was anything to go by thousands of people in the US would be under arrest. Including a couple who built a 11,000 SQ ft speckled brick monstrosity on a hill outside of my town. Just waiting for them to do something bizarre.

JMO

You are right. It does not prove guilt or innocence. But you have to admit that dark red doesn't look good on a house where 4 people lived who are accused of slaughtering an entire family. All those dead deer heads inside doesn't help either.

But like you said. If house color was anything to go by thousands of people in the US would be under arrest. Including a couple who built a 11,000 SQ ft speckled brick monstrosity on a hill outside of my town. Just waiting for them to do something bizarre.

JMO
JMO In the county it is common to have deer heads on the wall. I am actually sitting here looking at one now. But in no way would me or my family harm another person.

O

JMO but omg seriously the color of the house, how they decorated. I really don’t think that proves guilt or innocence otherwise many people in pike county would need arrested.

I missed it, I guess, but I didn't see anyone remotely suggest it proves guilt or innocence.

We can discuss its implications and what it suggests about the family, though. It's an interesting discussion, at least from my perspective!

Posters have pointed this out here and there (including myself), but my word, that photo is a dead giveaway for meth.
It doesn't seem as though we've at all plumbed the depths on the meth topic. A meth lab would be waaay more significant than a marijuana grow. Could that be how the Rhodens got their money, 'cos it doesn't seem as though their occupations would bring in that much, and they can't have been working that hard with all the planning for the murder that was going on.

Shortly after (within a couple days of) the raids and searches on the W family farms in summer 2017, there were also raids on homes adjacent to Flying W Farms, on property owned by FW and her family. Some of these busts were for drug manufacturing. My theory at the time was that the tenants of FW's land contract properties were producing hard drugs like meth and using the proceeds to make payments on their "land contract" with FW. It would have also been an easy source where JW could buy meth. True, also, that the family could have been producing their own. At minimum, some members of the GWIII family were buying it.

Apologies if this has been posted already. I'm glad this KY prosecutor is still pursuing a connection between the Eapmon and Rhoden murders.

Rhoden massacre, unsolved Kenton County killings share multiple similarities

By Stefano DiPietrantonio | November 22, 2018 at 9:11 PM EST - Updated November 23 at 5:25 AM

KENTON COUNTY, KY (FOX19) - FOX19 NOW is investigating an unsolved, execution-style murder that happened just weeks before eight members of the Rhoden family were killed in Pike County.

It happened April 8, 2016. Carolynn Tomlinson and Charles Doug Eapmon were brutally murdered -- shot execution-style in their Elsmere home. Their children were spared. About two weeks later, the Rhoden family massacre took place, another case in which the children were not killed.

RELATED | Wagner family members arrested in execution-style murders

Now, with six arrested in Pike County, Kenton County Commonwealth Attorney Rob Sanders says there’s reason for renewed hope for the families in Elsmere.

"It's still very much an active, ongoing investigation,” said Sanders.

When the Pike County murder story broke in 2016, it was impossible to deny the similarities.

"I don’t know of any connection between the two but you have multiple murders, you’ve got somebody in our case that’s got a criminal history that involves narcotics trafficking activity,” said Sanders. “I think law enforcement would have been remiss, given the similarities between both cases, had we not looked for a connection.”

There are eerie coincidences he said, but nothing concrete to connect the two.

BBM

I love my son dearly but if I had to live with him I would be bald headed. I would pull out every hair in my head in frustration. No I'll take a nice nursing home anytime over that if I get to the point I can't care for myself. That way he can come visit once a month if he is so inclined. Or not. Come to think of it, he could just call me on the phone.

then I'd try to figure out a way to approach LE, without them knowing.

My thoughts exactly. I would be at the police station in record time. I would feel it was my duty as a parent to make sure my son did not hurt anyone else.

The level of closeness between the W parents and sons in my opinion is not normal. How did they have any privacy in that small house?

JMO
Too funny as I too would rather go into a nursing home than have to live with my daughter/family. I've actually made this quite clear to her since she was young. Also, don't bother visiting nor calling, just send me a text/letter periodically and I'm good. My friends think I'm awful, but, hey, I don't wanna live amongst them: 2 children, 2 cats, a dog and non-stop talking bird. That darn bird just mimics what he hears; constantly yelling at the kids, mimicking cat cries, dog barking, telephone ringing, singing, endlessly. :eek: Guess my entire life has just been chaotic and don't want it.

Apologies if this has been posted already. I'm glad this KY prosecutor is still pursuing a connection between the Eapmon and Rhoden murders.

Rhoden massacre, unsolved Kenton County killings share multiple similarities

By Stefano DiPietrantonio | November 22, 2018 at 9:11 PM EST - Updated November 23 at 5:25 AM

KENTON COUNTY, KY (FOX19) - FOX19 NOW is investigating an unsolved, execution-style murder that happened just weeks before eight members of the Rhoden family were killed in Pike County.

It happened April 8, 2016. Carolynn Tomlinson and Charles Doug Eapmon were brutally murdered -- shot execution-style in their Elsmere home. Their children were spared. About two weeks later, the Rhoden family massacre took place, another case in which the children were not killed.

RELATED | Wagner family members arrested in execution-style murders

Now, with six arrested in Pike County, Kenton County Commonwealth Attorney Rob Sanders says there’s reason for renewed hope for the families in Elsmere.

"It's still very much an active, ongoing investigation,” said Sanders.

When the Pike County murder story broke in 2016, it was impossible to deny the similarities.

"I don’t know of any connection between the two but you have multiple murders, you’ve got somebody in our case that’s got a criminal history that involves narcotics trafficking activity,” said Sanders. “I think law enforcement would have been remiss, given the similarities between both cases, had we not looked for a connection.”

There are eerie coincidences he said, but nothing concrete to connect the two.

Could the Eapmon and Tomlinson murders been a practice run for the Wagners? Scary and very coincidental for there not to be a connection somehow.

I can’t imagine that a mother would just sign over custody. Could threats have been involved?

I would imagine she would be following the Rhoden murder investigation closely. I wonder if she had suspected the W family? And the motive? Does the thought cross her mind that it could have been her and her family if she hadn’t signed over custody?

Also wondering if LE has discussed with her, since she was “related” to the W family in the same manner that HR was?

My thoughts are yes to all of the above. Something happened, imo, for both women to leave in 2015. Did they just tire of their men, or was it something else? Also, it's interesting, that she calls little BW a different name, eight weeks before his birth. It's also interesting that her visit, just prior to the Ws taking off, ended in an e.r. visit with her young daughter, shortly after. She'd somehow ingested Valium... Yes, I think LE likely talked to her. She'd danced with the devil, and lived.

Too funny as I too would rather go into a nursing home than have to live with my daughter/family. I've actually made this quite clear to her since she was young. Also, don't bother visiting nor calling, just send me a text/letter periodically and I'm good. My friends think I'm awful, but, hey, I don't wanna live amongst them: 2 children, 2 cats, a dog and non-stop talking bird. That darn bird just mimics what he hears; constantly yelling at the kids, mimicking cat cries, dog barking, telephone ringing, singing, endlessly. :eek: Guess my entire life has just been chaotic and don't want it.

The bird would definitely be a deal breaker! Those things live forever too.

There was a rumor that George IV framed someone for a crime, so he could get custody. Knowing what we know now, it is feasible that GeorgeIV did that.

JMO In the county it is common to have deer heads on the wall. I am actually sitting here looking at one now. But in no way would me or my family harm another person.
I agree, and as well, decoration is not just a matter of personal taste, it's also influenced by what is considered normal in the community.

It's only among rich people that neighbours vie to outdo each other with what they consider 'good taste'. In less properous areas, that actually comes across as rather offensive, like you're trying to show you're better than your neighbours. Where I live, in the woods, people mostly live in modest, unpretentious cabin-type homes, and really don't care if they leave stuff around the yard, it's just practical. It's only newcomers who build city-type homes and are preoccupied with tidiness and decorating, and they seem very much out of place.

The bird would definitely be a deal breaker! Those things live forever too.
Agree with you about the bird. My mom got "Billy" when her dad died back in the late 80s. A blue fronted Amazon parrot. We called him The Feathered Satan. He was mean. He cussed. He attacked. We weren't safe, neither was the cat. He would yell "here kitty kitty" then attack when she would come. Horrible beast! The screeching from that abomination would go on all hours of the day and night.

BBM
GR's father, told a reporter, at the funeral for GR, that, very loosely quoted; They found two, each different, shell casings at that trailer. They told him how many times that GR was shot, too, and where. He also said that he'd not been told any information regarding the other family members. I would provide a link, but, last I checked, that interview, in full, had been taken down.

I looked high and low for that interview, too, rsd. It seems to me the whole interview is out there except as you also found, for when Gary's father talks about the cartridges and Gary's being shot 3 times. I also seem to recall he spoke about Gary and Chris in the back bedroom and their body position and that's not in the interview anymore either. He said Gary was "the baby of the family" and I could almost picture him as a young man and father; not really so long ago. Gary's father had such control of himself under the circumstances and I was sad to learn he died last year. (I found that info here on WS in fact. After the autopsies became public, as redacted as they were, I had to take a long break from this case.

I missed it, I guess, but I didn't see anyone remotely suggest it proves guilt or innocence.

We can discuss its implications and what it suggests about the family, though. It's an interesting discussion, at least from my perspective!
O

Fully agree with this statement. Many people across country would need arrested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141