OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #36 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
c9cc1dfd-7142-4c5c-8ed2-aede73325924-_L0A8171.jpg

A court attendee sitting with the Rhoden family and friends wipes her eyes as she listens to the charges brought against George Wagner at the Pike County Courthouse for George’s arraignment on Wednesday, November 28, 2018 in Waverly, Ohio.
ROBERT MCGRAW/GAZETTE
As during the arraignment of one of Wagner’s grandmothers, Special Prosecutor Angie Canepa with the Ohio Attorney General's Office alleged the Wagners had discussed escape and revenge if they were arrested. If someone was free, he or she should help the others escape and take revenge against “anybody who went against them,” specifically a special agent, Attorney General Mike DeWine, and Pike County Sheriff Charlie Reader, Canepa said.

“There have been multiple conversations where threats have been made,” Canepa said. “And we’d say specifically George Wagner is probably the most known for any of those threats

Wonder if he is thinking about the fact that not only will his brother not have custody of SW but he has now lost custody of his son and will not be seeing him until the son is at least 18? That's a lot to give up for a brother and just to get revenge on a brothers girlfriend.

In my opinion GW4 gave up much more that JW or parents did in order to participate in these murders. Like you said he doesn't seem to have a dog in the fight so what was the driving force behind his participation?

JMO
Why did GW4 get involved in this? The most simple explanation is that both sons are still under the control of their parents.

I am more inclined to think the father controlled the house for the reasons I mentioned earlier. Some people think otherwise, we'll see.

If it's the father leading, then I would think this is about control of the females. I would look for history of sex crimes as well.

If it's the mother leading, then this is more about controlling the children. There are previous cases of women killing another woman for a child. These are usually planned crimes, and some of the sickest I've heard.

I can't wait to watch her later today

The talk about killing DeWine and Reader goes a long way to showing how delusional these folks are.

... and the escape plan. Right, that would be a cinch.... in an action movie anyway. That's really way-out-there thinking going on. Stack up mattresses under the court house windows and make a break for it all at once. Nobody will notice.

Of course it wasn't just over custody. JW is just like thousands of other psycho controlling spouse/partners. When they get dumped because of their abusive behavior love turns to murderous rage and they strike out at the victims of their abuse. It happens every day. They kill the spouse and kids. They kill the spouse and his/her parents. They travel over 90 miles away to kill the parents, sister and cousin after they kill the spouse. The only thing that makes this crime a little different is the whole family was involved and they went to four houses and killed extended family. But I think that could be attributed to the region they grew up in where family is everything and family sticks together no matter what even down to distant cousins. Also the close relationship between the fathers who were friends and business partners.

The most dangerous time for a woman in an abusive relationship is in the first year after she leaves. HR didn't quite make it through the year. She was killed eight months after she left.

JMO

I don't see that as the scenario, but I do see the Ws as the perps. The scenario you speak of, I've seen play out, more than once, and it usually involves the gf/wife, and the children, of a household, and a lot of times ends with the perp, dead, in their vehicle, somewhere on a dead end road, or a couple other scenarios, that don't apply here.

JW may have wanted the Rs and HHG dead, but, CH was the man in her life who she was serious about, not CG. She made it clear that she wanted nothing to do with him, two hours after Ks birth. I feel like, if she'd been abused by him, her family would have rolled some karma out on him. They beat up another derby racer, and knocked his Dad's false tooth out, over a verbal slur, and patrolled the road for threats when those fellas came through "joy riding". No, I don't think they'd stood for HMR to have been beat on.

I thought that I heard that the state has information about multiple conversations other than the one that they referenced at FW’s arraignment. Wonder if LE had the Ws bugged in multiple locations. That could be damning evidence by itself as long as LE did everything by the book on the wiretapping warrants if that is the case. Could be dicey if it was CI information that LE has to back up those statements by the prosecution.

If it's a CI, they'd likely have them wear some type of wire, for audio, and it could possibly even capture video.

I don't see that as the scenario, but I do see the Ws as the perps. The scenario you speak of, I've seen play out, more than once, and it usually involves the gf/wife, and the children, of a household, and a lot of times ends with the perp, dead, in their vehicle, somewhere on a dead end road, or a couple other scenarios, that don't apply here.

JW may have wanted the Rs and HHG dead, but, CH was the man in her life who she was serious about, not CG. She made it clear that she wanted nothing to do with him, two hours after Ks birth. I feel like, if she'd been abused by him, her family would have rolled some karma out on him. They beat up another derby racer, and knocked his Dad's false tooth out, over a verbal slur, and patrolled the road for threats when those fellas came through "joy riding". No, I don't think they'd stood for HMR to have been beat on.

I don't know, HR's social media seemed to be full of sadness and references to partner abuse(emotional or physical, I don't know). I've often wondered why CR and FR allowed that to happen, or even DR for that matter. But they allowed her to date JW and go on vacations with the W's at a very young age.

It seems that JW is the only one so far besides his maternal grandmother that have public defenders. That's interesting to me. I can see FW letting AW out to dry, but JW? I can't imagine who else would have the money to pay for DP lawyers besides FW.

I don't know, HR's social media seemed to be full of sadness and references to partner abuse(emotional or physical, I don't know). I've often wondered why CR and FR allowed that to happen, or even DR for that matter. But they allowed her to date JW and go on vacations with the W's at a very young age.

My point is I'm wondering if the R's were intimidated by the W's early on in the relationship between JW and HR.

It seems that JW is the only one so far besides his maternal grandmother that have public defenders. That's interesting to me. I can see FW letting AW out to dry, but JW? I can't imagine who else would have the money to pay for DP lawyers besides FW.
And I can see FW's money drying up real quick if she is indeed paying for all these lawyers. I would think her business would dry up real quick as well. I wouldn't buy anything from that farm.

Would you be able to refresh my memory. TIA!! Who are the multiple guests and the respective locations where they passed on spending the night? I remember reading about this, but I can't place names with locations. Again, TIA!!
HHG’s sister was supposed to stay at her and FR’s home.
KR2 was supposed to stay with HMR.
DS said he was supposed to stay with KR.

It's probably much more sophisticated today, but the rules are still pretty much the same w/ regard to search warrants and probable cause. Considering they had placed GPS devices on James Manley and Jake Wagner's respective vehicles, they were probably also placing listening devices. Interesting, though, that they may have placed one at Flying W Farms. At this point, I'm not absolutely sure they did get evidence from a listening device as opposed to a CI. I'm going to listen again to the prosecutor's argument. She said GWIV was heard being one of the strongest in arguing to go after LE. That could have also been info relayed by a CI. I'm just not sure.

I agree. I'm really on the fence with this one. If ya got a CI, you can put an audio device on them and get pretty darn good quality. I've heard them, it's not hard to pick out voices. It's not going to be obvious that they are wearing it, either.

The Ws will get their discoveries, and unless the CI has been promised total confidentiality, the defendants will be permitted to hear, and get transcripts of, those audios, and then, they will probably know who turned on them. Like us, they may not be sure right now. They may be thinking, like me, if it is an audio device, who wore the audio, was it one of the four of them, or did LE plant something in their home, and who is the weakest link? All of that is probably going through their heads right now, too. All four, captured separately, housed separately, and not allowed to speak to each other, since they left home that morning. Going to jail is bad enough, but if you come from a family like theirs, it's got to be living Hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member