OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #36 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always kinda wondered about KR. His murder just stands out as different. Location is different altogether. Only one shot. The cash at his feet. It almost seems like they intended for it to appear that he committed the murders. Only thing missing was the gun. Or guns. That leads me to wonder about the cousin who found him. He just seems kinda shifty to me. He doesn't come off as believable or sincere. May just be how he is. Part of me thinks he *may* have taken advantage of the situation and rummaged for anything he may want for himself. If he did that, could he have taken any gun or guns he saw and wanted? What about the gun that KR supposedly kept under his pillow? Was it found?
If the gun or guns used to kill the rest of them was found with KR, I don't think we would be talking about it now. Just my random thoughts as I battle insomnia tonight.

I've wondered, all through this, if they tried to make it appear that KR did this, or, with KR being different, they were trying for the drug deal gone bad, angle, and KR was the head honcho. DS, while I think he's a sketchy fella, I think that he came off as being more-so sketchy, because he'd tried to pull a fast one over on his wife that night, and had claimed to be at KR's. He wasn't, he was with a female friend. When they asked him to go check on KR, he knew his cousin was likely dead, and he knew he was going to look suspicious, in addition to his marriage was likely going to be over too (and it was), in addition, it appears that the Rs and Ms have kinda ostracized him. He may have taken something, thinking, in his eyes, that LE is going to take it anyway, so I'll just take it before they do.

Absolutely not! Maybe I was unclear. Sleep is a stranger to me these days. I think it's possible it may have been set up to make it appear KR did it. Under no circumstances do I believe he did it.
I didn't think that you were suggesting that, rather that you thought that the Wagners would have, but I don't think that they were clever enough to even think that through.

I didn't think that you were suggesting that, rather that you thought that the Wagners would have, but I don't think that they were clever enough to even think that through.
Thank you. I would never want anyone to think that I believe the Rs were anything but victims. I'm just so sleep deprived that I maybe wasn't clear.

Absolutely not! Maybe I was unclear. Sleep is a stranger to me these days. I think it's possible it may have been set up to make it appear KR did it. Under no circumstances do I believe he did it.

Sleep is a stranger here too. I've been going back through some things. Most of the FB pages are shuttered now, and I do have some screenshots that I salvaged when my drive was dying, and the old articles still out there. In looking at the farm FB page, there is a gap from June to July of 2016. I think that's when they went on their "vacation" to AK. July 20th, 2016, begins the, sales of her stock, as "family matters have taken preference over my homestead herd." They had a lot of animals that they took to the new farm, too.

They go from building and painting, to selling off everything and putting the farm up for sale. EDIT: that was in 2016

Sleep is a stranger here too. I've been going back through some things. Most of the FB pages are shuttered now, and I do have some screenshots that I salvaged when my drive was dying, and the old articles still out there. In looking at the farm FB page, there is a gap from June to July of 2016. I think that's when they went on their "vacation" to AK. July 20th, 2016, begins the, sales of her stock, as "family matters have taken preference over my homestead herd." They had a lot of animals that they took to the new farm, too.

They go from building and painting, to selling off everything and heading to AK, just prior to a large search on the W properties. Was always kind odd how that happened.
Where I live we would not call the Ws place a farm. It would be called a hobby farm at the most.

That's awesome, Dudly! I get why some folks like the trophies, I get why some folks don't. Either or, the heads on the wall didn't disturb me as much as the "selling point" of their Alaskan Dall Rams as; Give'em a few more years and they'd look good mounted. That's not hunting, and although you'd probably eat them, I've never known anyone to mount a cow's head that they've taken from the farm, to the freezer. I just found it odd.

On another note, back to the house, it was not painted red until after the murders. Sometime after June 2016, when they were building the stock barn and open side barn across the road.
After all that work/money--they put it up for sale in August 2016. IMO, that decision was an attempt at "paint the house--cover up what we did" in their minds. "If we make these changes, they won't look here."

Where I live we would not call the Ws place a farm. It would be called a hobby farm at the most.

They had a lot of animals on there, and did set it up to earn a living from it, but, I concur, it is not the type of farm that I was raised on either. No room for furry pet pigs and pocket beagles... That's why I call it an animal pyramid scheme most times.

However, why would they plan a murder for months, buy a farm, build barns, paint-paper, buy and/or move animals there, then, all of a sudden, act very guilty and start selling the animals off, along with their home, and make a big move to AK? It really made them appear as guilty as sin.

After all that work/money--they put it up for sale in August 2016. IMO, that decision was an attempt at "paint the house--cover up what we did" in their minds. "If we make these changes, they won't look here."

A lot of work and money too. They had all new fencing put in, the barn seemed very nice, and there was the other work barn across the road to store machinery/trucks/tools etc... Fencing alone is not cheap and neither are barns. Something must have happened around the time they put it up for sale. Were there any other murders around June or July in that area, I wonder? :confused:

I just had a thought, and it's only a thought that popped into my own head. KyMamma mentioned the $$ around KR, we know that CR1 had a safe in his trailer too (there was an inventory recpt for it). Could they have stolen a significant amount of $$ from the Rs when they committed the murders? If so, were they not bright enough to wait a period of time prior to starting farm renovations? In the pictures for May, she says winter projects are being completed, but that's a lot of projects and you'd have to sell a whole lot of pigs and hair sheep. Just spitballing.

I just had a thought, and it's only a thought that popped into my own head. KyMamma mentioned the $$ around KR, we know that CR1 had a safe in his trailer too (there was an inventory recpt for it). Could they have stolen a significant amount of $$ from the Rs when they committed the murders? If so, were they not bright enough to wait a period of time prior to starting farm renovations? In the pictures for May, she says winter projects are being completed, but that's a lot of projects and you'd have to sell a whole lot of pigs and hair sheep. Just spitballing.
Where did they get the monies to purchase this property? It's not as though they each had regular jobs they reported to. I recall the alleged monies taken from his safe and that wouldn't have been enough to put in all the work they did to that place. Unless, as also alleged early on "product" was also taken additional to monies. How much monies would/did FW throw at a never ending request of monies from her kids? Anyone know how much that family is truly worth?

Where did they get the monies to purchase this property? It's not as though they each had regular jobs they reported to. I recall the alleged monies taken from his safe and that wouldn't have been enough to put in all the work they did to that place. Unless, as also alleged early on "product" was also taken additional to monies. How much monies would/did FW throw at a never ending request of monies from her kids? Anyone know how much that family is truly worth?

This wa talked about way, way back on an earlier thread. Sorry can't find it at the moment. Jake and bro bought the house, this was to be 'home' for Jake and Hannah, whenever she decided to come back. He was so convinced she would return to him at some point,

The colour choice and indoor decor was maybe the two boys as they lived there just those two and GW baby.

Money for purchase could have come from grandma or maybe just the deposit. Both boys had been working back then.

All those spookie dead heads probably are hunting trophies belonging to the boys. Don't know where mama W and daddy W lived before they moved in with the sons.

(Going to try what VERN taught me. ;)) BETTYP provided all the upcoming dates....remember when De Wine said, "This is the day."..... Now, this is the week we will see W4
arraigned. Do you think there will be objections to proceedings being televised? (Earlier I wrote the words "where millennial orange" and I meant WEAR as in clothing. Sometimes I type so fast and hear/here the words in my head and they're/their/there the wrong meaning. Oh dear/deer, will have to confess to my hubby I have homophonous tendencies! That should keep him wondering for a few hours.) If any of you are in court on those days, can you relate the atmosphere....gloomy, tension, business as usual, security, packed room, lots of outside activity etc. I noticed (at Kentucky court) the bailiff was looking at BGWIII's arms but not making eye contact. Other than that, it went rather quicklyupload_2018-11-26_6-10-17.jpeg
OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #36 *Arrests*
edited to add...Thanks Vern...It worked!

Yes, IQuestion, here's the schedule again. Jake Wagner will be arraigned first, tomorrow morning at 9 am. There will probably be a lot of news media there, many with live video feeds. Will have to set my alarm for 9 am.

Any theories on the sequence of these appearances? I wonder if any of them are considering a plea bargain yet?
  • Edward "Jake" Wagner, 26, is set to appear at 9 a.m. Nov. 27.
  • His brother George Wagner IV, 27, has an arraignment at 10 a.m. Nov. 28.
  • His mother Angela Wagner, 48, has a hearing at 1:30 p.m. Nov. 29.
  • And his father George "Billy" Wagner, 47, has a hearing at 1:30 p.m. Dec. 4.

But I'm sure you don't have the whole deer herd hanging on your walls plus a dead boar head and a steers skull, right? It's kind of a matter of degree. The Wags even arranged 3 dead deer heads with the two on the right and left turned towards the one in middle like the 3 of them were discussing the football scores or something. I'm not going to go back and count the heads but, to put it ironically; it's a bit of an overkill. Most people don't want to look death in the eye no matter what wall, in very small rooms, they turn towards.

I live in rural Michigan near South Haven which is a fairly cosmopolitan summer town for folks from Chicago across the lake. Within 10 miles of the area you get into the deep country where hunting is an avid sport. Hunter safety classes were offered in the high schools and kids are given opening day off if they wish. Having your kills mounted on the walls is a huge source of pride. I’ve been in many a home on business (legal house calls) and 4 + deer or bear heads, whole turkeys, foxes, turkey fans and claws, pheasant, fish and everything else that is legal to hunt in Mi are on the walls. We are not hunters, but it would be quite a stretch to call the practice uncommon regardless of how creepy I find it. My grandparents lived in Southern Ohio across from W. VA where other family members live and unless the law has changed in W. Va if you buy a hunting license for your child before their first birthday, it will actually be a lifetime hunters license. Again, not my cup of tea but...it is not unusual.

Last edited:
Yes, IQuestion, here's the schedule again. Jake Wagner will be arraigned first, tomorrow morning at 9 am. There will probably be a lot of news media there, many with live video feeds. Will have to set my alarm for 9 am.

Any theories on the sequence of these appearances? I wonder if any of them are considering a plea bargain yet?

It’s too early in the game for plea deals, usually it does not come up until the pre-trial because at that point all parties are in possession of the available evidence.

I always kinda wondered about KR. His murder just stands out as different. Location is different altogether. Only one shot. The cash at his feet. It almost seems like they intended for it to appear that he committed the murders. Only thing missing was the gun. Or guns. That leads me to wonder about the cousin who found him. He just seems kinda shifty to me. He doesn't come off as believable or sincere. May just be how he is. Part of me thinks he *may* have taken advantage of the situation and rummaged for anything he may want for himself. If he did that, could he have taken any gun or guns he saw and wanted? What about the gun that KR supposedly kept under his pillow? Was it found?
If the gun or guns used to kill the rest of them was found with KR, I don't think we would be talking about it now. Just my random thoughts as I battle insomnia tonight.
BBM

I have to agree. I've always wondered if he wasn't there twice. The second time with a "witness" to prove why his fresh DNA and fingerprints were there. Just my opinion.
As far as I know, KR's gun was not recovered.

They go from building and painting, to selling off everything and putting the farm up for sale. EDIT: that was in 2016

I thought that was strange, also. They buy the place, spend money on it with pain and building a barn, then suddenly can't afford to keep it and sell it for a loss, basically... What changed at that time?

BETTYP Oh for sure...some are "considering" entering a plea. JW is the weakest link. IMO... I think the parents will protect their youngest and IV will always be the big brother, even though I think he had the weakest motive. (Only what I have seen in other cases...but who knows....it is not as if they can all sit at FW's dining table and make future plans)
"...BOTH… the judge AND the prosecutor… want to make sure the defense attorney is not being negligent or committing malpractice in advising their client or allowing their client to enter a plea of guilty. EVEN IF the defense attorney wants to commit career-suicide and throw their client under the bus for WHATEVER reason, the prosecutor and judge should be making sure it doesn’t happen."
https://www.quora.com/If-someone-pl...lso-when-would-the-sentencing-occur-Would-the

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove