OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #36 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much for the info. Have they, or any of the 3, given reasons as to how their plans came to be canceled? Thanks again.
KR was on her way to spend the night with HR. She said she was following HR, driving behind her vehicle, when she received a call from her boyfriend. She said he told her that he had a toothache, so she turned around and went back home.

KR was on her way to spend the night with HR. She said she was following HR, driving behind her vehicle, when she received a call from her boyfriend. She said he told her that he had a toothache, so she turned around and went back home.
I was never quite sure that I believed all the stories of the people who were going to and ended up not staying there. It seemed a bit too 'I could have been there' to me.

I was never quite sure that I believed all the stories of the people who were going to and ended up not staying there. It seemed a bit too 'I could have been there' to me.
I wasn’t sure I believed them either. Not necessarily thinking they were involved in the murders but more like possibly the stories could have been exaggerated.

Some of the stories read like they were seeking their 15 minutes of fame.

I wasn’t sure I believed them either. Not necessarily thinking they were involved in the murders but more like possibly the stories could have been exaggerated.

Some of the stories read like they were seeking their 15 minutes of fame.
I think it was not a "15 minutes of fame" any more than "Jake saying he and S missed the event by a few hours." I think it was more of a verbal reflection on how anyone associated/or having been at the Rhoden's property could have been an unwitting victim that night. It is what happens in a small community. A lot of people had microphones suddenly thrust upon them and felt compelled to say something. I would give any family member who suffered a loss a wide latitude for airing their thoughts and "what ifs."

I don't know, HR's social media seemed to be full of sadness and references to partner abuse(emotional or physical, I don't know). I've often wondered why CR and FR allowed that to happen, or even DR for that matter. But they allowed her to date JW and go on vacations with the W's at a very young age.

I agree, that she seemed sad, but, the sadness seemed to start, around a certain point in time. I think it coincided with the two brothers and their s/o s basically living under the same roof. HMR practically stayed there if I've got the right feel. I don't think that the age difference bothered CR1 and DR. DR was only 16, and CR1 was 19, when they got married. I've heard that HMR and JW met through BBL, or some other common place like that, where their families interacted, but I'm not sure.

according to Canepa, the four also allegedly discussed helping the others arrested to escape. She also stated that George IV "was probably the most vocal" during conversations where threats were made.
Whoops here's source article
George Wagner IV pleads not guilty to murder charges, held without bond

BBM
I personally do not trust confidential informants. Unless there is video or audio I believe defensive attorneys will chew them up. LE keeps saying confidential source not informant. So Ws had more than one conversation in front of a certain person. Hard to believe.

BBM

Same.

Thursday, Nov. 29th:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ 1:30pm ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. (16), Hanna Mae (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (38). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos) and a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) – in four county jails -- Pickaway, Franklin, Ross, and Delaware counties.
*Edward Jacob "Jake" Wagner
(26) (former boyfriend of Hanna) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18), charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (11/27/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count conspiracy, 4 counts aggravated burglary, 1 count unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts evidence tampering, 1 count forgery, 1 count unauthorized use of property, 1
count interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count obstructing justice, 1 count engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity & unlawful sexual conduct with a minor. (He’s accused of engaging in sexual contact with Hanna Rhoden when she was 15 & he was 20). Plead not guilty. No bond. Franklin County
Had Arraignment hearing on 11/27/18.
11/27/18 Update: Plead not guilty to all 23 charges. No bond per Judge. Defense asks to waive speedy trial, granted by Judge. Next pretrial hearing on 12/20 & 1/24/19.

*George Washington "Billy" Wagner III (47), (Jakes’ father) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18), charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (11/28/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count conspiracy, 4 counts aggravated burglary, 1 count unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts evidence tampering, 1 count forgery, 1 count unauthorized use of property, 1 count interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count obstructing justice, 1 count engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity.
Was arrested in Lexington, Ky., remains in the Lexington Fayette County Jail as a “fugitive from another state” according to jail records. An extradition hearing will be scheduled for him.
Has Arraignment hearing on 12/4.
Only for *Angela Jo Wagner (48) (Jakes’ mother) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18) & charged (11/15/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count conspiracy, 4 counts aggravated burglary, 1 count unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts evidence tampering, 1 count forgery, 1 count unauthorized use of property, 1 count interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count obstructing justice, 1 count engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity. Delaware County
Has Arraignment hearing on 11/29.
*George Washington
Wagner IV (27) (Jakes’ bro) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18) & charged (11/15/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count conspiracy, 4 counts aggravated burglary, 1 count unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts evidence tampering, 1 count forgery, 1 count unauthorized use of property, 1 count interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count obstructing justice, 1 count engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity. Ross County
Had Arraignment hearing on 11/28.
11/28/18 Update: Plead not guilty to all 22 charges. Held without bail; waived speedy trial. Next Pretrial on 1/9.

*Fredericka Carol Wagner
(76) (Paternal grandmother) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18), charged & arraigned (11/15/18) with 1 count of perjury & 1 count of obstruction of justice. Plead not guilty. $100K Surety bond. Pickaway County jail
Wagner was released from the Pike County Jail Thursday (11/15/18) night on a $100,000 surety bond. To be fingerprinted at Pike Co Sheriff's office. To have no contact with any members of victims' family. Will be under electronically monitored house arrest. Should not leave her premises except for consulting with her lawyer, medical appointments, however she must document in advance any reason to leave which must be approved. Must notify pretrial services officer when she leaves. May leave for court hearing. Not to use alcohol or controlled substances, she may take prescriptions prescribed by licensed physician. Had Arraignment hearing on 11/15.
*Rita Jo Newcomb
(65) (Maternal grandmother) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18), charged & arraigned (11/15/18) with 3 counts forgery, 1 count obstructing justice & 1 count perjury. Plead not guilty. $50K Surety bond. Pickaway County
DA alleges Newcomb lied to the Grand Jury & forged custody papers before the murders.
To place her under electronic monitor/house arrest. RN gives her mother's address. Court sets monetary bond at $50,000, will permit cash surety or 10% deposit. Will be under electronically monitored house arrest at her mother’s in South Webster, Ohio. To be put into Pretrial Services program. Can leave for medical emergencies, lawyer appointments, medical appointments. Must clear everything with Pretrial Services officer. Must keep Pretrial Services officer advised of her current address. With exception of medications prescribed by licensed physician for her, not to consume alcohol or controlled substances.

Had Arraignment hearing on 11/15. 11/20/18 Posted bond, released from jail.

Thank you for these articles. In a case like this, it's important to understand the mother/grand-mother of the indicted.

Fredericka Wagner: A look at her property and assets

Matriarch of Wagner family accused in Pike County massacre spent decades building wealth

A poster said: men often marry a woman like their mother. I would agree. If it's the case for GW3, then AW is stronger than I imagine.

We've discussed this before - FW's "land contracts" and all the time she's spent in court evicting people from properties

To those who tried to buy land from her, she’s a money-hungry opportunist who takes advantage of low-income families.

Fredericka Wagner's properties – listed under her name, a trust bearing her name or under her real estate company – are worth more than $4 million and span 1,767 acres, according to Pike County Auditor’s Office records.

Over decades, she and her late husband, George "Bob" Wagner, entered into at least 132 land installment contracts in an apparent attempt to sell off smaller portions of their land. The contracts allowed the Wagners to retain deeds on the land as buyers attempted to pay off their principal and interest.

Some contracts included interest rates of 10 percent or higher, including at least three above 13 percent.

If buyers made all their payments, they’d eventually become owners of the land.

It rarely played out that way.

In one case they were trying to sell 1 parcel of land to 3 different people.

Local judges have been helpful to the Wagners.

Boss Hogg?

Last edited:
I have always thought that Jake does not resemble his father or brother. I have searched his face and body build and have not been able to see one bit of resemblance.
Things that make me go hmmmmmmmm....

My own opinion! Others might see resemblance where I found none.

It’s quite possible that he took after his mother’s side or even one of his grandparents on his father’s side. My brother looks nothing like me or my dad, but looks almost exactly like my mom’s dad when he was about the same age.

Just because the property that you live on is worth a certain amount of money does mean that you have that money in your pocket.

According to the article, the Wagners used "land contracts" to extract monthly payments from tenants trying to purchase their land, so they had significant monthly income. That's just from their real estate business.

Sad that they duped people in pretending to "sell" them the same parcels of property over and over again at grossly inflated values. They're "predatory" lenders, loan sharks. It's wealth extraction from working class people.

Also an interesting quote from a tenant:

A tenant, who wished to remain anonymous out of fear of the Wagners, said Fredericka Wagner has increased her rent 25 percent since the massacre of the Rhodens.

“She don’t care what her (tenants) do, long as she gets the money,” Parks said of the matriarch.

BBM

Last edited:
We've discussed this before - FW's "land contracts" and all the time she's spent in court evicting people from properties

In one case they were trying to sell 1 parcel of land to 3 different people.

Local judges have been helpful to the Wagners.

Boss Hogg?
So thankful for these articles as I now will no longer
have to add “JMO” when I post with an “opinion” about FW. The proof of what she is and what she stands for is all over those articles.

Side note-how can one own a group home for the challenged yet try to take advantage of an illiterate man in land deal? I feel sorry for whomever are residents at FW’s Crystal Springs Group Home.

Just because the property that you live on is worth a certain amount of money does mean that you have that money in your pocket.
However, if you have the funds to repeatedly buy properties, invest in said properties, make shady land deals of which most tenants end up screwed, feed and maintain exotic animals, own show horses, as well as a real estate company, a church that doesn’t have to file tax disclosures, and a “non profit” group home-chances are you have money.

IF her money was tied up in land, she would not be able to monetarily maintain all that she has. JMO.

I agree. Even this early in the process, some of the perps may be thinking about a plea deal. The Wagners don't need to look at the evidence, they already know what took place, what weapons were used, how victims were killed, in what order, what phone calls were made, who hacked phones and email, etc. From the indictments, they know that LE has all the electronic, internet, social media, ballistics, etc. evidence. JMO, they very clearly see the handwriting on the wall.

IMHO I think they might still believe they will get out of this. What do you think?

I have also always thought Kenneth's murder is the "different one." One reason for that is unavoidable, imo; he lived alone and separated in distance from the others. Of course that has nothing to do with purpose or different intent on the part of the killers. I think that Kenneth's murder took place last. (no reason, just feelings) If so... Maybe the other murders took longer than the killers thought they would take. (waiting on Gary?... Dana's double shift?) There's a neighbor almost directly across the street from Kenneth's home and the road appears to be much less traveled and "more country" than UHR... much longer to drive for a fast get-a-way in either direction after the murder. One other thing is that it was the first day of the turkey shoot so other people might be up and about very early and, the later it got the more people might be out driving to locations and getting ready for the hunt. Plus, Kenneth was an early riser according to all I've read and they'd want to catch him before he woke up. By the time they got to his house, they were probably in a fairly good hurry. Put all that together and that might be why Kenneth was shot only one time... throw the money for some personal-meaning reason... and get out of the area asap. If you shoot someone straight on in the eye, what are the chances you'd need to shoot them more than once to kill them? Probably zero. There seemed to me to be anger and hate involved the other killings with some being the targets of that hate and anger more than others. With Kenneth it seems it was more something that just had to be done without the hate or anger involved.
Jmo... and a lot of "feelings" For what those are worth (?)

IMHO I believe by the time they reached KR their energy was crashing. All that adrenaline from the earlier murders was dropping so they didn't spend as much time on KR. But, they knew he had to die because to leave him alive would leave one person out there who just might be able to say who did it or one person who might retaliate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mel M