OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am behind again. Catching up after running errands. This seems HUGE!!

Are you saying that Chris witnessed somebody being murdered with the county prosecutor's gun, got video of the incident, and posted it?

Sorry, I have not watched the video yet, obviously. I am still driving home, but seeing what all you fabulous sleuthers found while I sit in traffic!

No. Not that HE witnessed it. He shared a post from the victim of that incidents sister, which has like 30,000 views.

911 calls released....

[video=youtube;mZ7bVwytJTc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ7bVwytJTc[/video]

I think it's the photo of the computer screen?
I can't read it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Yea I see that but no way I can read it. Wonder where the incident report will pop up...

Says a redacted incident report was released this evening...

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...murder-records-still-being-withheld/83603968/

"Law enforcement released a redacted incident report Wednesday evening, nearly a week into a massive, eight-victim homicide investigation in Pike County. The report revealed two men were found dead in the back bedroom, and there was a large amount of blood on the living room floor."

The report revealed two men were found dead in the back bedroom, and there was a large amount of blood on the living room floor.

This makes more sense to me then, in the 911 it sounded like she said one was dragged into the bathroom, but obviously she said back room. They were laying on the floor, so being beat up and blood all over the front room they had to be dragged there. They would've dragged themselves out the front door if they could move.

But even that fight.. I know lots of 16 year old boys, most aren't going to act like that.

He seem more like he would get his butt kicked.

He did seem to have an awful lot of public squabbles. But so did several of his friends, so it may be normal there.

Yea I see that but no way I can read it. Wonder where the incident report will pop up...

What is always the most revealing is the search warrant affidavits and the lead investigator's attached statement, but those will remain sealed since its an ongoing investigation. :(

imo

Hatfields & McCoys?
Thanks! Wonderful info.

I think by the "100 years ago" comment - I take it as it was done cowboy style, like an old-fashioned planned train robbery/shootout maybe.

Cut and dry with no frills, nothing fancy (no silencers perhaps?), just good planning, good outdoor skills (maybe came on foot through woods?), guns and violence. Makes me think maybe there's isn't much modern technology/electronic footprints involved maybe as well.

I think it's the photo of the computer screen?
I can't read it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Yes, it's on the computer screen.

I was able to read it with no problem using the Twitter app and also by saving the photo.

Agreed, in this area there is what is called generational poverty. Which is different then situational poverty.

Basically I'm poor because we have always been poor and I cannot break the cycle because I don't know any better.

Situational poverty would be the factory shuts down and suddenly you need to be on assistance until you get back on your feet.

Generational poverty tend (some exceptions) to feel they could not survive without assistance or that that's just what you do.

For example, your teenage daughter gets pregnant, what are your first thoughts? Mine would be thinking how difficult this will make her future, what if she doesn't finish school, getting her good prenatal care. generational poverty goes into survival mode...how will we feed this baby, clothe this baby, pay doctor bills, etc. their first call would probably be to sign up for WIC before calling to get a doctors appt.

http://www.gazettextra.com/news/2008/aug/25/families-generational-poverty-form-their-own-cultu/

This describes it so much better then me.

This is based on my experience living in rural Appalachian Ohio working with generational poverty for 15 years.

I've known several people like this, only from rural areas in California. It's a tough cycle to break out of, and survival mode is what they learn from everyone around them. Long term planning just isn't something you do. I think some people underestimate how hard it is go against the grain and break the cycle. When you have to decide between food and medicine, or medicine and electricity, you just don't develop good money habits. Everything is immediate.

911 calls released....

[video=youtube;mZ7bVwytJTc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ7bVwytJTc[/video]

That was my first time listening and having called 911 myself on a family member I thought was dead, Im left with concerns. The cousin that found Kenneth had a strange way of formulating what he was saying I believe...on the other hand bobby sounds almost too dramatic...I suppose everyone is a little different but i think typically crying comes more than a few minutes-even hour or more of the initial shock.. atleast in my experience ...these are just my feelings and not only do I not have full confidence in them, I HOPE I'm wrong.
There was another case close to here where the husband was convicted of murdering his wife (bathtub murder-ryan widmer)and big part was how his 911 call sounded but in that case I think there is a good chance he didn't do it.

Frankie had a FB post upset with family a while back, can't remember how long ago.. And there was some interesting comment from a relative on there.

I mentioned this before and can't say because of TOS, and I'm hoping that LE has already followed this track. But I think it's really important so I'm going to risk it: On April 18th at 12:21 pm, Dana posted on a memorial page to someone who was special to her. She posted countless times, but this time she said, " XXXX watch over me and my family more today then u ever have." I think she knew there was big trouble. I also want to mention again that I wonder if the "assassins" knew that Bobby Jo took care of "things" and would discover the bodies. Speculating here - If so then it would be someone who was familiar with the family operation...

Finally caught up. :) Just my $.02:

The neighbors behind us were growing in their little shed (personal use only) and they had cameras. I would be VERY surprised if the Rhodens did not...

I keep coming back to the multiple victims/locations/distances. If this was over a road rage incident, custody, a derby car, etc, wouldn't the perp just get the person they were mad at (and maybe anyone else in the house as collateral)? Would they systematically track down family members at 3 other locations...traveling 8(?) miles to get to one of them? I mean, I know it's not THAT far, but it's not like the next door neighbor that may have overheard.

While I'm as curious as the next person on the who and how many GSW, I'm not sure how telling it will be as far as target goes. Maybe the single GSW was asleep, maybe the 9 was tortured, maybe they just put up more of a fight. If the victims were in bed, main target or not, they may have fewer GSW. Now, if someone's lying in bed with 9 gun shots wounds, that could be a different story.

I've seen it asked but don't know if we've gotten an answer - all the same weapon? Or multiple? The magnitude makes me think it's likely to be more than one perpetrator and part of me wonders if one of the perps didn't become a victim at the last scene.

Not sure what to make of the whole dog bit. Might just be a communication/interpretation error.

Very confused on the timeline regarding discovery, 911 call, etc

Mostly though, my heart breaks for the surviving family members, especially those poor babies who will carry this legacy with them all their lives.

A young adult whom is well spoken, popular, from a good family and happens to be biracial, along with a small number of friends, approach a single male, take that persons' personal property from his vehicle, and the single male *i.e. male who is alone. gathers friends of his own. This instigates the situation in which words are exchanged. Ultimately the fb post is made suggesting he can call upon his family and clear that neck of the woods out. Subsequently, many in that neck of the woods are found murdered. I would suspect any fair minded person would understand why such a person would find himself under scrutiny. Because of his ACTIONS. Not his RACE IMO etc.

According to the Daily Beast article

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/04/27/violent-rhoden-brothers-met-a-violent-end-in-ohio-massacre.html?via=twitter_page

The Rhoden boys arrived and quickly took down Tommy and his dad. Frankie and Chris rained blows down on the pair with feet and fists while their crew cheered on, Laura said. Even after they’d won and the fight was clearly over, the Rhodens refused to leave.

“So Richard come haulin’ but down here in a derby car,” Laura remembered. “He was gonna run ‘em all over.”

That’s when Laura’s father, Richard McCune, emerged from one of the family’s trailer and fired “multiple gunshots” into the air, according to court documents. That scared everyone off, and the Gorman-Rhoden feud was over just as quickly as it had begun.

The Rhoden's and other local families got into fights over threats and insults made on Facebook, over cars and the demolition derby. Since the murders, LE has talked to all of them and doesn't feel any of them are involved. Everyone who fought with the family in the past now feels regret and sorrow about their murders. Sounds like they all need to spend less time on Facebook.

I agree with AG DeWine, this is a completely different kind of crime, well organized, killing a large number of people in multiple locations. It just doesn't fit with some local feud among teens or young adult males or people in the demolition derby world. Not to say murders don't happen in those situations, but they aren't pre-meditated massacres of an extended family.

"Family members said James Rhoden found his sister Dana Rhoden in a trailer about 1.5 miles away, also on Union Hill Road. Leonard Manley has said that Dana shared the trailer with her two youngest children, Hanna Rhoden, and Chris Rhoden, Jr. "

They have James as Rhoden, it's James Manley, Dana's brother who found her.

BUMP - I mentioned this before and can't say because of TOS, and I'm hoping that LE has already followed this track. But I think it's really important so I'm going to risk it: On April 18th at 12:21 pm, Dana posted on a memorial page to someone who was special to her. She posted countless times, but this time she said, " XXXX watch over me and my family more today then u ever have." I think she knew there was big trouble. I also want to mention again that I wonder if the "assassins" knew that Bobby Jo took care of "things" and would discover the bodies. Speculating here - If so then it would be someone who was familiar with the family operation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper