OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes sense to me. The first deputy arrived at a "neighboring residence", where he was flagged down by someone other than the 911 caller. While he is drawn to that scene, the next set of deputies arrive. The 911 caller points them toward 4077 Union Hill Rd.

There was no other deputy there, or we would have an incident report from him too. This is the report from the first deputy arriving on the scene. Both of these trailers sit on the same property. I'm not positive that the address is the same, but from the aerial view, they are in very close proximity to each other.

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...els-have-used-pike-county-pot-grows/83503020/

In 2010, an estimated 22,000-plant crop was found about 4 miles into the woods off Green Ridge and Grassy Fork roads. Two years later, another 1,200 plants were found on the other side of the county just off Hickson Road. No one was arrested either time, said Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk.

Officials said items left behind at camp sites used to guard the crops linked the operations to cartels. Cartels have been tied to similar operations elsewhere in the state, including another in 2010 where hunters tipped off officials to a camp and grow site at the Coshocton/Muskingum county line. Officials found 6,000 plants and 11 men were taken into custody.

The two marijuana operations in Pike County, valued at an estimated $23 million, are the only cases Junk recalls being related to some kind of organized crime. However, the execution-style slayings of eight members of the Rhoden family on Friday have people wondering if there hasn't been something lurking under the surface and under the noses of law enforcement.

Awesome...thanks.

when I first read your OP ......I thought it meant .....evidence of mexican nationals living near the crime scene on the Rhoden property ....was found.

But the article does not state that......article is talking about a different " Marijuana Growing area" in the state of Ohio... (from 2010)

If Dana knew there was trouble coming, I think that changes things - they would have been on their guard and I can't imagine they wouldn't have had the dogs and their weapons ready, unless it was some they knew and couldn't imagine they'd be ambushed in their beds. If it was someone they knew, they would also know that Bobby Jo would be coming and when. They wouldn't know that Dana worked till 11, but would be able to tell when the lights went out. The murders would have to happen with silencers and sometime after 1:00 am, because Dana would have had a bite to eat before going to bed. Where were the dogs usually? Has anyone found them? Were they spared like the children? I don't think a cartel would worry about babies and children - I think this is someone they knew well enough that the perps had been in their homes before.

Is it possible that she called 911 before this found the second scene and called again (chris sr's house) and the latest call is the only one released because of some specific details mentioned in my hypothetical 1st one, that would explain away my issue with the crying right away.Sorry, my brain is exhausted and I may be forgetting a detail thay would contradict this idea.

No, because that would mean she left the two small children inside the house with their dead parents. She also probably would have said something like," I just talked you about two other dead bodies and now I just found two more!"

Another officer arrived at the neighboring house, I believe that to probably be Frankie's. Her call to 911 was at 7:49. The officer was flagged down at 8:07 and then another officer arrived at 8:12 at 4077. So that would make sense that they are saying Frankie's was first based on the officer being at that location first.

Why would the first officer arriving on the scene enter Frankie's residence? According to the 911 call, the dead bodies were in Chris's residence. It makes no sense that the first arriving officer would go into Frankie's instead.

And even if for some reason that is true, where is that officer's incident report?

There was no other deputy there, or we would have an incident report from him too. This is the report from the first deputy arriving on the scene. Both of these trailers sit on the same property. I'm not positive that the address is the same, but from the aerial view, they are in very close proximity to each other.

There was another deputy there. He was flagged down at the neighboring residence first - this was at 8:07am. Then another officer arrived at 4077 at 8:12 - he was dispatched at 7:51am (probably based on the 911 call) and was told by the subject (BJM?) as she came up to them that "there are two more dead people here". So there definitely was another officer who arrived first. We do not have an incident report from that officer to date.

Another officer arrived at the neighboring house, I believe that to probably be Frankie's. Her call to 911 was at 7:49. The officer was flagged down at 8:07 and then another officer arrived at 8:12 at 4077. So that would make sense that they are saying Frankie's was first based on the officer being at that location first.

I think this is probably the best explanation, however I wonder if their was a first call still but that police hadnt arrived yet before she called ab Chris and Gary

But this is what was said.

The relative discovered the bodies and called 911 (we got the 911 call, it was Chris and Gary).

Then a relative flagged them down and the police discovered the second and third (Frankie then Dana).

I think it was Bobby's dad that said Bobby found Frankie first, then Chris and Bobby's brother found Dana.

The 911 call was a about Chris, she didn't mention Frankie and the report mentions the 7:49 time.

Now it seems Bobby didn't tell anyone about Dana or Frankie when she called.

IF she told them on the 911 call, it has been edited, the full call from answer to hangup didn't say anything but about Chris and Gary.

If the money was there, maybe he'd pulled it out, to try and give them his money?? Maybe initially thinking that's what it was about? But, it wasn't. . .

That's a very good thought about him trying to give them money. When the killers showed up maybe he thought it was about money, or robbery and was trying to give them money. How evil these killers are, if this was the case, they just threw the money on him after shooting him in the head.

Why would the first officer arriving on the scene enter Frankie's residence? According to the 911 call, the dead bodies were in Chris's residence. It makes no sense that the first arriving officer would go into Frankie's instead.

And even if for some reason that is true, where is that officer's incident report?

That officer was not responding to the 911 call. He was flagged down by someone probably LM and went into the house based on what they told him. BJM was probably waiting at the other house for the police to arrive there.

They (LE) are saying Chris was discovered first. Dana's dad says Frankie was discovered first and no mention of Frankie and Hannah on the 911 call.

Dep. Chandler arrived first. The person writing the report arrives with two other officers five minutes later.

But this is what was said.

The relative discovered the bodies and called 911 (we got the 911 call, it was Chris and Gary).

Then a relative flagged them down and the police discovered the second and third (Frankie then Dana).

I think it was Bobby's dad that said Bobby found Frankie first, then Chris and Bobby's brother found Dana.

The 911 call was a about Chris, she didn't mention Frankie and the report mentions the 7:49 time.

Now it seems Bobby didn't tell anyone about Dana or Frankie when she called.

IF she told them on the 911 call, it has been edited, the full call from answer to hangup didn't say anything but about Chris and Gary.
It sounds like her dad and brother went to one home and she went to another doesn't it?
Could she have made the call before they came out of the other home?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I haven't been on WS since the Tyrrel case in Australia but this shooting has bought me back. I have actually read through all 4 threads and I wanted to clear up some item;

- the threat to CRj on facebook wasn't from the African american with initials IJ as some are saying, it was actually from another person who CRj ran over with his car. I take the FB threat very seriously as it doesn't just target CRj but targets "them all"
- a commercial size pot growing I believe is more than 200 plants. I think 200 was likely an estimate and at one location only. You don't invest in lights and indoor growing for 200 plants. Also 200 plants would easily fit in a small tool shed, from the ariel pictures my assumption is they had thousands of plants in that large barn.
- Where is the report that 2 properties show forced entry as I seem to have missed where this was published, seems like it was something someone here wondered about and has since become "fact". Be interested to see the source

I have spent a lot of time on facebook looking at family and friends and comments on status's etc, and I am 99% certain that even extended family know who did this. Therefore I believe it has to stem from something the whole family knew about - this could include, drug enterprises, threats such as the one above (less likely as sounds like the family got a lot of threats, a disgruntled family member (my go to at the moment with what we know) or revenge.

Hopefully now I am caught up I can keep on track with the posts, however shutting down the threads during Australian evening doesn't help us slueths that are not in the US :)

SheepMan

That officer was not responding to the 911 call. He was flagged down by someone probably LM and went into the house based on what they told him. BJM was probably waiting at the other house for the police to arrive there.

LM wasn't there, was he? I thought he met Bobby Jo at Dana's house.

I'm thinking that she called her dad first & then immediately called 911.. And once her dad and whoever got there they went to the next house and were able to talk to her before the cops for there.. So she had knowledge of being more than the two.

That's a very good thought about him trying to give them money. When the killers showed up maybe he thought it was about money, or robbery and was trying to give them money. How evil these killers are, if this was the case, they just threw the money on him after shooting him in the head.
Why would the killer/s re lock the door?
This means that DS had to unlock that door as well? I saw a tweet about what he said to the Emquirer or someone.

I need to re read that.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Is there a media thread for this case? It's nearly impossible to catch up! Here's a recent article detailing the DEA's involvement. Apologies if it has already been posted... it's all I can do to read the first few/last few pages of each thread before another one develops!
http://whtc.com/news/articles/2016/...ohio-probe-of-eight-family-members-shot-dead/

BBM NO! And we need one. I won't have that kind of time til this weekend. But nobody said a mod has to start a media thread. ;) Just has to contain main stream media in the case. Stuff you want to refer back to. Hint hint :D

They (LE) are saying Chris was discovered first. Dana's dad says Frankie was discovered first and no mention of Frankie and Hannah on the 911 call.

I don't know for sure but I think they are saying Chris was discovered first at 4077 because BJM 911 call was for that location. They dispatched officers at 7:51 to respond to that. That officer arrived at 4077 at 8:12. This would make 4077 the original location of the crime as it was technically the first one called into 911.

She had to have already called LM and he arrived there because someone other than BJM flagged down the officer at 8:07am. Though she could have called them, they came up and then went to check on Frankie and found them and then flagged down the other officer. BJM may have been with them at the time as her call was at 7:49 which would give her time to go to Frankie's and then go back to 4077 to wait for the police to show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member