OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But this is what was said.

The relative discovered the bodies and called 911 (we got the 911 call, it was Chris and Gary).

Then a relative flagged them down and the police discovered the second and third (Frankie then Dana).

I think it was Bobby's dad that said Bobby found Frankie first, then Chris and Bobby's brother found Dana.

The 911 call was a about Chris, she didn't mention Frankie and the report mentions the 7:49 time.

Now it seems Bobby didn't tell anyone about Dana or Frankie when she called.

IF she told them on the 911 call, it has been edited, the full call from answer to hangup didn't say anything but about Chris and Gary.

I have not seen much info about Chris and Bobby's brother, this confuses me. Did Dana also have a brother named Chris? Also, does anyone know if Dana and Chris have any additional kids? I know not to bring fb gossip here, but I did see a post accusing FR's meth head brother of doing all of this. NOT spreading the gossip, just seeing if anyone knows if they have add'l kids? Do they have any big feuds on fb like everyone else in the family?

That officer was not responding to the 911 call. He was flagged down by someone probably LM and went into the house based on what they told him. BJM was probably waiting at the other house for the police to arrive there.
I don't think so. Look how long it took them to get there to a report of two dead people. 7:49 to 8:07.

They are way out in the county, not a regular patrol area. I live in the city limits, 2 miles from the substation. The only time I have seen a police car is when I called one.

It sounds like her dad and brother went to one home and she went to another doesn't it?
Could she have made the call before they came out of the other home?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Well she went to Frankie's first then Chris. She could have called before she knew about Dana, but she didn't mention Frankie and Hannah, only Chris and Gary.

Leonard was distraught, he was angry and probably wasn't thinking straight saying Bobby found Frankie first. In the 911 you could tell someone was talking to her while she was talking to dispatch where she had just found Chris and Gary. I assume it was her son.

Leonard:Not my truck, my boy's truck. Now he went out there and (inaudible) (something about his tag off) and they said it was, that he could leave it up there. Okay..
They let my daughter and my grandson take their cars, okay?

James Manley, Dana's brother, was the one who went into Dana's and found her and the teens. It was James' truck they impounded and had in handcuffs at first.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories...scovered-bodies-describes-horrific-scene.html
“It was terrifying. No one knows until they walk in on something like that,” Bobbi Manley said. “You find a 6-month-old baby, nephew in a bed and your nephew and his girlfriend’s murdered and he’s covered head to toe in blood.”

Manley was the first to call 911 after discovering the bodies of Chris and Gary Rhoden inside Chris' home on Union Hill Road.

I'm thinking that she called her dad first & then immediately called 911.. And once her dad and whoever got there they went to the next house and were able to talk to her before the cops for there.. So she had knowledge of being more than the two.
Exactly

I haven't been on WS since the Tyrrel case in Australia but this shooting has bought me back. I have actually read through all 4 threads and I wanted to clear up some item;

- the threat to CRj on facebook wasn't from the African american with initials IJ as some are saying, it was actually from another person who CRj ran over with his car. I take the FB threat very seriously as it doesn't just target CRj but targets "them all"
- a commercial size pot growing I believe is more than 200 plants. I think 200 was likely an estimate and at one location only. You don't invest in lights and indoor growing for 200 plants. Also 200 plants would easily fit in a small tool shed, from the ariel pictures my assumption is they had thousands of plants in that large barn.
- Where is the report that 2 properties show forced entry as I seem to have missed where this was published, seems like it was something someone here wondered about and has since become "fact". Be interested to see the source

I have spent a lot of time on facebook looking at family and friends and comments on status's etc, and I am 99% certain that even extended family know who did this. Therefore I believe it has to stem from something the whole family knew about - this could include, drug enterprises, threats such as the one above (less likely as sounds like the family got a lot of threats, a disgruntled family member (my go to at the moment with what we know) or revenge.

Hopefully now I am caught up I can keep on track with the posts, however shutting down the threads during Australian evening doesn't help us slueths that are not in the US :)

SheepMan

Yes! I agree they knew trouble was coming - Dana confirmed it when she asked someone dear to her (who was dead) to "watch over me and my family more today then u ever have".. It had to be someone they knew - they're country people who were not inured to violence. They would have been sleeping with dogs and guns. It was someone who wanted something they had that couldn't be obtained while they were alive. Follow the money... who were the stakeholders?

I don't know for sure but I think they are saying Chris was discovered first at 4077 because BJM 911 call was for that location. They dispatched officers at 7:51 to respond to that. That officer arrived at 4077 at 8:12. This would make 4077 the original location of the crime as it was technically the first one called into 911.

She had to have already called LM and he arrived there because someone other than BJM flagged down the officer at 8:07am. Though she could have called them, they came up and then went to check on Frankie and found them and then flagged down the other officer. BJM may have been with them at the time as her call was at 7:49 which would give her time to go to Frankie's and then go back to 4077 to wait for the police to show up.

IIRC Leonard said in the first interview that while BJ was waiting for LE they checked at the other house. I'd have to go back to listen to it again to be exact, but I am almost certain he mentioned it and that BJ flagged down the cops outside.

Is there a media thread for this case? It's nearly impossible to catch up! Here's a recent article detailing the DEA's involvement. Apologies if it has already been posted... it's all I can do to read the first few/last few pages of each thread before another one develops!
http://whtc.com/news/articles/2016/...ohio-probe-of-eight-family-members-shot-dead/

No, but we really need one. This case is very complex, lots of media coverage and a lot of confusion, misinterpretation, etc.

I was thinking of starting one, though haven't done it before. Want to help?

ETA: Yes, I heard DeWine say that today about the DEA and FBI. DEA has been working on drug traffcking in this region for many years, at least since 2008 or so, from what I've gathered from older news reports. They likely know who the players are in this area and who might be involved in these killings.

The link below mentions an incident that was shown in the video posted on Chris Jr.'s Facebook page back on March 30, 2015.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2015/12/04/Pike-County-deputy-shooting.html

From article...

"Jenkins, whose age was not available, was one of two Pike County deputies and a commander who were involved in a vehicle pursuit that ended with the suspect fatally shot on March 28.

In that incident, authorities said 28-year-old Robert C. Rooker of Latham in Pike County was clocked on radar at 52 mph in a 45-mph zone and sped away at more than 80 mph when a deputy followed him."

"Rooker’s truck eventually crashed, and he was shot and killed. Those involved at the time were listed as Jenkins; Tim Dickerson, a major in the sheriff’s office; and Special Deputy Paul Henderson, who local media reported is the brother of Richard Henderson, who was sheriff at the time but resigned in May.

Authorities have not said how many deputies fired at Rooker that day or how many times he was hit."

I am 99% certain that even extended family know who did this. Therefore I believe it has to stem from something the whole family knew about - this could include, drug enterprises, threats such as the one above (less likely as sounds like the family got a lot of threats, a disgruntled family member (my go to at the moment with what we know) or revenge.

Hopefully now I am caught up I can keep on track with the posts, however shutting down the threads during Australian evening doesn't help us slueths that are not in the US :)

SheepMan

RSBM.....

agree...especially about revenge...

this was a revenge Killing.....by someone very very close to the family.......wonder who's alibi is shaky

my opinion only...

I tried to link a CNN article at the end of the last thread that mentioned 911 calls coming in around 7:50.

Calls. Plural.

I don't know if it's been confirmed there was another call in the morning beside the call Bobby made, or it was just poor reporting.

That officer was not responding to the 911 call. He was flagged down by someone probably LM and went into the house based on what they told him. BJM was probably waiting at the other house for the police to arrive there.

I'm thinking that she called her dad first & then immediately called 911.. And once her dad and whoever got there they went to the next house and were able to talk to her before the cops for there.. So she had knowledge of being more than the two.

I don't think so. Look how long it took them to get there to a report of two dead people. 7:49 to 8:07.

They are way out in the county, not a regular patrol area. I live in the city limits, 2 miles from the substation. The only time I have seen a police car is when I called one.

I'm just going by what it says in the incident report.

On April 22, 2016 at 07:51 a.m. I, Deputy Morgan Music and Deputy Chandler were dispatched to 4077 Union Hill Road in reference to a call stating that there were two possibly dead subjects in a residence. Dep. Chandler arrived at neighboring residence at 08:07 a.m. where he was flagged down by a subject. Dep. Chandler advised that he needed multiple ambulances due to multiple people down at multiple residences. Myself, Dep. Ball and Maj. Evans all arrived on scene at 08:12 a.m.

At least two officers were dispatched at 7:51 am. Both headed out to 4077. Dep Chandler was flagged down by someone at Frankie's (neighboring residence) at 8:07. Dep Music continued on to 4077 (original location from 911 call) and arrived there at 8:12. (It doesn't say if they stopped at the first location). When they got to 4077 - they were met by BJM who told them about what she found there.

Hopefully they will release the other incident report for the additional location

Somebody asked many pages ago if Bobby Jo was the blonde seen in the early media coverage. I don't believe so. I'm 90% sure that BJM is a brunette. I think the blonde was April Manley, James' wife.

BUMP - I mentioned this before and can't say because of TOS, and I'm hoping that LE has already followed this track. But I think it's really important so I'm going to risk it: On April 18th at 12:21 pm, Dana posted on a memorial page to someone who was special to her. She posted countless times, but this time she said, " XXXX watch over me and my family more today then u ever have." I think she knew there was big trouble. I also want to mention again that I wonder if the "assassins" knew that Bobby Jo took care of "things" and would discover the bodies. Speculating here - If so then it would be someone who was familiar with the family operation...

That date, April 18, was the day her daughter HR gave birth, correct? Maybe asking to be watched over because of that?

Also, I agree about the creepy response from cousin BR to solve FR's family problems...(I have saved it) He also just spent the past 5 weeks 'staying' with FR and HHG at their trailer.

I don't know for sure but I think they are saying Chris was discovered first at 4077 because BJM 911 call was for that location. They dispatched officers at 7:51 to respond to that. That officer arrived at 4077 at 8:12. This would make 4077 the original location of the crime as it was technically the first one called into 911.

She had to have already called LM and he arrived there because someone other than BJM flagged down the officer at 8:07am. Though she could have called them, they came up and then went to check on Frankie and found them and then flagged down the other officer. BJM may have been with them at the time as her call was at 7:49 which would give her time to go to Frankie's and then go back to 4077 to wait for the police to show up.

No, she said her brother in law in the 911 call.

My point is she knew at least four people in two residences were dead when she called and only told them about two people and one residence.

Again, this could explain why they came back at 3 AM and accused her of having something to do with this crime.

Now they released the report, this is based on what they knew. They know differently now because it has been public statement who went in what house.

They aren't addressing the discrepancy.

I have not seen much info about Chris and Bobby's brother, this confuses me. Did Dana also have a brother named Chris? Also, does anyone know if Dana and Chris have any additional kids? I know not to bring fb gossip here, but I did see a post accusing FR's meth head brother of doing all of this. NOT spreading the gossip, just seeing if anyone knows if they have add'l kids? Do they have any big feuds on fb like everyone else in the family?
I didn't word that well.

Bobby found Frankie and Hannah, then Chris and Gary. Then Bobby's brother (Dana's brother also) went to Dana's house and found her and left the house because he figured Hanna and Chris were dead and maybe the baby.

I'm just saying, it was the only thing he'd allude to that was untrue. I don't know what to think. Bill Cunningham interviewed him on 700WLW today. I may have mis-heard but Cunningham asked him specifically about the money and the AG was dismissive about it, and at the re-cap Cunningham said it was the only rumor the AG seemed to dispel. I'm not saying that Stone lied but it's odd that AG is dismissive of that one item and that one item is on that one particular UK paper that is known for being a "rag".

IMO, the AG basically confirmed that it is partially true. Asked if he cannot confirm it, the AG said "no". No surprise there. He probably cannot confirm it
because he believes that it would jeopardize the investigation. But then the host went on and asked if he could state that the report was wrong.
Then the AG paused and said something like "it does not sound correct to me." That seemed like a very weak denial. My interpretation is that it is partially true, but that not all the details were correct.

We've talked a lot about Leonard and Bobbi. Although seldom mentioned by name, James Manley has been part of the discussion too. April, the one we probably should be talking about, has evaded suspicion.

Another thing to consider, when deciphering cartel vs. locals vs. family feud vs. FB feuds... these could easily be mutually inclusive. I live in the Ozark's, and there have been multiple murders recently in very rural areas which ended up being related to Mexican cartels. The most recent was outside of Fordland, MO., which is a very small town surrounded by quite a bit of mountainous/rural areas. That particular incident included 4 local teenagers being charged with murder, with the 19 year old female being directly linked to Mexican cartels. As much as we like to believe that the Mexican cartels and the associated violence is isolated to Mexico, it is bleeding out even to the most rural, isolated of areas. As our prescription opiate epidemic in the U.S. has blown up, the need for heroin has increased. Guess who is filling that void? You guessed it, the Mexican cartels. I'm not indicating that for a fact cartels are involved. At this point, it seems as though it could be just about anyone. I just wanted to point out that young, blond haired blue eyed Americans can be and are currently associated with Mexican cartels. If it happened here, it could happen anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298