OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it normal for LE to go to funerals in non plain clothes and watch people in certain cases if they think someone(s) were involved?

I know in the Missy Bevers case on here, they both had clothed and plain clothed officers at her funeral.

I agree, especially in the area where houses are all close to one another. Maybe Manny did not know- but IMO the close houses had to know and use the money for what they wanted CASH only pls!!!
I can see the father not knowing before her.

Shot 3 times in the head. That is shocking.

Kenneth Rhoden also said:

“Somebody had to know something because there were no doors busted down,”

No Doors Busted Down.

I'm getting confused, which property was he at?

Isn't it normal for LE to go to funerals in non plain clothes and watch people in certain cases if they think someone(s) were involved?

I know in the Missy Bevers case on here, they both had clothed and plain clothed officers at her funeral.
I think for these funerals they talked about cops being there on the open just for the safety factor also.

The first home, the one BJ went in?
The first one they are reporting she went in, the one the 911 call was about. She had said one or both looked beaten.

Technically may not have been the only or first, but for the purposes of the discussion.. The first one she went in.

Donald : 'If I had, I would have been victim number nine. I feel lucky about that and to be alive today.'

No explaination about why not? i had a cold, my car did not start, my alarm did not go off - no explaination why he did not do what he promised him he would do., twice the night before and be their early in the morning ??......................IMO warned to stay clear and did not question it moo

Yeah that's rubbed me the wrong way from the get-go as well. No explanation whatsoever.

So he was shot 3 times in the head, was found in bed laying very close to Gary. Yet according to what has been said is that the room that was entered was covered in blood and BJ said it looked like someone beat the chit out of them.

Donald : 'If I had, I would have been victim number nine. I feel lucky about that and to be alive today.'

No explaination about why not? i had a cold, my car did not start, my alarm did not go off - no explaination why he did not do what he promised him he would do., twice the night before and be their early in the morning ??......................IMO warned to stay clear and did not question it moo

I'm sure LE questioned him about why he wasn't there. It would be stupid for them not to. He probably doesn't feel that he owes that information to the public.

It was a Friday night, so, unlike a weeknight, people in the Piketon area and in the Union Hill neighborhood were probably out and about til late. Cars driving around as people visited with each other, went to bars or to party, going to the store to pick up beer, smokes, diapers and snacks; turkey hunters coming in, setting up to hunt in early morning.

Wait- it was Thursday night into Friday morning right?

The operation would need several people - teams to go to different locations, others to look out for cars, witnesses, listening to police scanners.

Yes I've wondered if the attackers don't have military/LE type training. It's like Operation Rhoden.

I think for these funerals they talked about cops being there on the open just for the safety factor also.

You'd be surprised how many times the killer(s) attend the funerals of those they have murdered, if it happens that it was someone close to the friend/family. Police will show and take pictures and collect intel most times.

The operation would need several people - teams to go to different locations, others to look out for cars, witnesses, listening to police scanners.

The time frame was between around 11:30 pm (when Dana got home from work) to just before sunrise around 5:30 - 6 am.

It was a Friday night, so, unlike a weeknight, people in the Piketon area and in the Union Hill neighborhood were probably out and about til late. Cars driving around as people visited with each other, went to bars or to party, going to the store to pick up beer, smokes, diapers and snacks; turkey hunters coming in, setting up to hunt in early morning.

IMO, the killers would wait until well after the bars had closed to avoid being seen by those heading home after a few beers. That would give them from around 2:30 or 3:00 am until around 5:00 am - when turkey hunters set up.

That's only about 2 hours, not a lot of time to break into 4 different homes (located 8 miles apart) disable or distract a dozen or more guard dogs, remove/disable many surveillance cameras, kill 8 people, clean up the scene and leave.

Just wondering, how long would it take to do all of this at just one home:

Hide car and approach on foot

Search outside premises to make sure no one else is around

disable or quiet a few dangerous dogs

enter residence undetected (forced or keyed entry)

locate up to 3 or 4 victims and disarm and kill them, before any can make a cell phone call or text

clean up scene - fingerprints, shell casings, etc.

locate and remove multiple security cameras

locate and take money or valuables (unknown at this time)

check for any witnesses outside and to see if any traffic is moving along the road, check police scanners

drive to next location and repeat 3 more times.

Definitely think it was more than one person

While the FBI claims it doesn't take over cases, there are in fact cases where they have done exactly that. I.e. San Bernardino. Therefore, I don't think it's fair to criticize someone for saying that. I agree it's not useful to just complain rather than contribute valuable insight. I wasn't saying it was mean, rather not quite polite. I don't think the structure of investigative authority is as rigid as you are stating.

That case is completely different, and fell well within the bounds of a case the FBI should become the lead investigatory agency. This case, as far as the limited details we have, is not even close. My criticism wasn't so much for the FBI bits, as it was for not bothering to find out who is actually investigating the case. If it wasn't like the 18th time it happened, I would have just moved on. The Ohio BCI is a pretty professional organization and it seems like the people who come in with FBI guns blazing have no understanding of that.

I do think the investigative authority is fairly rigid, though. Could the FBI open an investigation into this case against the will of the BCI and "take the case over"? Sure. They don't do that, because that's not how they work. The FBI relies on cooperation among agencies, and you don't get cooperation when you do things like that.

Point taken, though. I need to be held in check sometimes, and I actually do appreciate you doing it My wife wouldn't buy you a beer if she read this, but she'd pour you a glass of wine.

Yes I've wondered if the attackers don't have military/LE type training. It's like Operation Rhoden.
Yes, early Friday morning. I was sitting at my desk at work when I saw the story break on Twitter. It wasn't a weekend night. That said it was fairly warm, people might have been out later than normal.

Seems a lot of unkind speculation going on here about police, non working victims, govt assistance, half the town cooked on drugs. I have not read every MSM article to date but I have not read any that allude to the above. All my opinion of course. I feel bad for the town and the families. It's a sad sad thing that happened.

So he was shot 3 times in the head, was found in bed laying very close to Gary. Yet according to what has been said is that the room that was entered was covered in blood and BJ said it looked like someone beat the chit out of them.
I don't think it was said they were in bed but back in the bedroom.

I can't be 100% if she said only Chris looked like he was beaten or if both looked like it.

:laughing::laughing::laughing: well let her read it, I could use some wine after following this case.
That case is completely different, and fell well within the bounds of a case the FBI should become the lead investigatory agency. This case, as far as the limited details we have, is not even close. My criticism wasn't so much for the FBI bits, as it was for not bothering to find out who is actually investigating the case. If it wasn't like the 18th time it happened, I would have just moved on. The Ohio BCI is a pretty professional organization and it seems like the people who come in with FBI guns blazing have no understanding of that.

I do think the investigative authority is fairly rigid, though. Could the FBI open an investigation into this case against the will of the BCI and "take the case over"? Sure. They don't do that, because that's not how they work. The FBI relies on cooperation among agencies, and you don't get cooperation when you do things like that.

Point taken, though. I need to be held in check sometimes, and I actually do appreciate you doing it My wife wouldn't buy you a beer if she read this, but she'd pour you a glass of wine.

Yeah it was discovered Friday morning, I was also thinking Friday night.. Ok, so that answers my question on the deaths.. They timed them after 11:59 PM on Thursday. I was thinking they were timing them before midnight because I was working on Friday night to Saturday, even though I knew that wasn't correct..

You'd be surprised how many times the killer(s) attend the funerals of those they have murdered, if it happens that it was someone close to the friend/family. Police will show and take pictures and collect intel most times.

In a case back in 1971 there was a missing 10 year old girl, and it was said that her killer, Richard Miles Chaney was in one of the search parties looking for her, she was found about 4 miles from where I lived, I was 15 then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member