OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we talk about the scene at Gary and Chris's?

Both the incident report and Bobby Jo said that the front room of the trailer was covered with blood. Bobbie Jo said that it looks like they had been dragged to the back room. The bodies were found "very close to each other" on the floor of the back room (obviously moved there post mortem). And the door was locked behind the killer.

Why would the killer move the bodies to the back room? As far as we know -- the rest of the family was found in their beds. Nobody was moved. So why were Chris and Gary moved?

Also, they were the first ones found. Even though they were moved.

This has to mean something, but I can't put my finger on what it means.

Is it possible that Gary who was shot in the head three times was shot first while in bed and Chris was the one that put up a fight in the first room that was entered and put up a fight. ? Mobile homes have two (2) doors, one in the front toward the front, the second is normally on the back side toward the rear and close to bedrooms in the back. I am assuming that BJ entered the front door, jmo

I said something about it back on the first thread.. I saw some older talk of it here and there and had friends near the area talk about it.

I speculated maybe that is why the new sheriff and then someone found that info about the old sheriff's brother I believe that did a lot and ended up killing someone.

Linked earlier - he killed two. After being indicted by a grand jury - he got his salary back for a bit ..................................................in one instance a prosector who often gave pals guns to play with , (???) he was playing with it -- it went off and killed the guy in his living room oppss

he remained on the payroll for ever after killing another person (his neighbor who walked his dog for him) before killing this one, after running over an old man in a intesection, and having to be begged to go to a call ,,,,

he was drunk in several of these ...................

many links posted in my post

Indeed. Hollywood bears the brunt of responsibility for this. TV and movies portray guns with suppressors as silent assassins. I understand that they want the hero or the villain to have the element of surprise when shooting someone, but it gives viewers a false sense of things. I would hazard to guess that most people don't realize a 'silencer' is not really a silencer.

I have some skepticism that suppressors were used anyways, as there is a long process to buy one. Not only are they a few hundred dollars, but, you have to submit a ton of forms to the BATFE and wait for them to approve you to purchase one. There is an extensive background check for these things and it will be months before you hear anything back. You also have to pay a fee to BATFE of $200 along with your paperwork. So, you'd be down $200 upfront before even buying the suppressor. The actual suppressor itself will be several hundred dollars more. So, you could easily be in $500 for one suppressor. If a suppressor is something you use a lot, then it would be worth it for you.

There certainly are perfectly legal and legitimate reasons to have a suppressor; the aforementioned hearing effects being one of them. So, regular non-criminal people could own them. But, due to the paperwork, background check and expenses, I would imagine they are not common.

A professional or semi-professional criminal may already have the suppressor. It's a good investment for them. Random locals, family members, etc? Probably not, but again, possible. I don't think most people want to go through the complicated, expensive and time-consuming process to obtain one. But, anything is possible.
Yeah much easier to buy the gun than the suppressor.

Thank you and A-FREAKING-MEN. I have been walking on eggshells with this case trying not to offend people with my opinions about this family (and this culture in general). But COME ON. Dad was a carpenter at a campground. Mom was a health aid (like you said - $8 an hour). Daughter was also a nursing assistant (minimum wage). And they own COUNTLESS cars, at least 14 properties, a HUGE, expensive steel barn, very expensive roosters and dogs, oh, and let's not forget that $3000 derby car owned by the kid who never worked.

It should have been obvious to anyone with eyeballs (I'm looking at you Grandpa "I didn't know anything about no drugs" Manley) that this family was DEALING DRUGS. And I agree that it wasn't just pot. This has to be related to the honey oil bust. That is BIG $$$$. And the epidemic in southern Ohio is not pot. Just this past Sunday, 60 minutes had a segment ABOUT PIKETON OHIO and its heroin epidemic. Everyone go on On Demand on cable today and watch that. It was from this very town! Yes, THIS town of 2,000 people was just featured on 60 minutes!!

The poster yesterday who noticed this happened the day after 4/20 (so there would have been a lot of cash laying around) absolutely nailed it, IMO.

And there is no way, zero chance, zilch in my mind -- that the cops weren't aware and in on the loot.

(That said, I still say there is no way this was a Mexican drug cartel. This was someone local who was SUPER pissed that they weren't cut into the business and weren't sharing in the wealth.)

ETA that I in NO WAY think the family deserved to be murdered, or to be the victim of any crime. Only that it is indisputable that this family invited a criminal element into their lives. And tragically, when you lay with dogs, you get fleas sometimes! So horribly sad for those babies!!

I didn't realize how much property they owned. I wonder who (yes, I know we can't say who ... but still) stands to inherit.

Indeed. Hollywood bears the brunt of responsibility for this. TV and movies portray guns with suppressors as silent assassins. I understand that they want the hero or the villain to have the element of surprise when shooting someone, but it gives viewers a false sense of things. I would hazard to guess that most people don't realize a 'silencer' is not really a silencer.

I have some skepticism that suppressors were used anyways, as there is a long process to buy one. Not only are they a few hundred dollars, but, you have to submit a ton of forms to the BATFE and wait for them to approve you to purchase one. There is an extensive background check for these things and it will be months before you hear anything back. You also have to pay a fee to BATFE of $200 along with your paperwork. So, you'd be down $200 upfront before even buying the suppressor. The actual suppressor itself will be several hundred dollars more. So, you could easily be in $500 for one suppressor. If a suppressor is something you use a lot, then it would be worth it for you.

There certainly are perfectly legal and legitimate reasons to have a suppressor; the aforementioned hearing effects being one of them. So, regular non-criminal people could own them. But, due to the paperwork, background check and expenses, I would imagine they are not common.

A professional or semi-professional criminal may already have the suppressor. It's a good investment for them. Random locals, family members, etc? Probably not, but again, possible. I don't think most people want to go through the complicated, expensive and time-consuming process to obtain one. But, anything is possible.

That's why I'm thinking no suppressors, but at least two shooters and simultaneous murders of Chris household and Frankie household next door. Dana's was a mile away (?) and may not have heard, or was already deceased. JMO I just don't think "PRO"

Update@5:56 p.m.:

A Pike County resident who said she’s familiar with the Rhoden family said Thursday that growing pot is a way of life in the county, so she’s not surprised that marijuana grow operations were found at three of the crime scenes.

“There’s little jobs down there. Everybody has to survive some way. This is how they survive,” said the resident, who asked not to be identified because she fears for her life.

She said the discovery of the grow operations has created a misconception of who the victims were, and she said the Rhodens are .

“It’s really sad to see how everybody turns them into monsters,” she said. “You have Mr. Ruby, who has now taken back his $25,000 reward because there’s now a criminal investigation. This is not a family of criminals. They were good-hearted people who loved their family.”

“These people did not live a luxurious, fancy lifestyle,” she continued. “They didn’t drive the best vehicles or wear the best clothes. These were just down–to-earth people just trying to get by.”

The woman added that she doesn’t believe Mexican drug cartels are responsible for the killings, as some believe. Instead, she believes the killings are the result of a common practice in the area known as “hillbilly justice” in which people take the law into their own hands as opposed to calling the police.

“There’s a lot of drugs that are relevant in the hills right now, and with meth and heroin being two of the main ones, I don’t think this is over pot,” she said.

http://m.springfieldnewssun.com/news/news/autopsies-of-victims-in-pike-county-shooting-could/nrBzy/

I could not agree more with this lady. Again, I said this this morning, but in case anyone missed it. If you have not seen this past Sunday's 60 minutes, go to your TV, and go to your cable system's free on-demand page and watch the most recent 60 minutes. It was about Piketon, Ohio and it's heroin epidemic!! This very town!

If you're a criminal you would just skip all that and buy from an illegal gun dealer. Why would anyone with nefarious intentions buy a silencer through legal channels?

Intead of being dragged might it have not been a desperate attempt to get away from people that we shooting at them and they died?

Except I see Chris and Gary trying to get out of the trailer if they could've to save the rest of the family, not going to the back room.

How many of you think that the Newsome murders are somehow related?

I mean...how common are these execution-style murders, statistically?

Video of Gary's dad today. He said Gary worked at Big Bear Lake also.

[video=youtube;ySCAXBNSyLk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySCAXBNSyLk[/video]

I know the crime scenes aren't located there. Does that river have a large metal bridge?

I thin Scioto came in here, cause I can not figure out what is ok to post. I posted the link . Not saying anything other than go to that public link and search around .................

Except I see Chris and Gary trying to get out of the trailer if they could've to save the rest of the family, not going to the back room.

There should have been a back door near the bedrooms if his was like most trailers.

or it was someone that was familiar with the camera set up?

As the retired agent said in the interview, it appears the people who did this conducted a lot of surveillance in advance of the murders. They likely knew where the cameras were before they got there.

They knew where everyone lived, what they did, their daily routines, when they went to bed and when they got up, etc.

Here's a quote from the retired agent's interview that didn't appear in the text with the article, but is important.

"You would have to have somebody inside that had turned and made a deal, who had gotten arrested for something else, who provided this information."

Someone helped do surveillance and told the killers where to find the security cameras. The Daily Mail interview is kind of confusing, but if Kenneth's cameras were inside his home, someone shared that info with the killers. If outside, someone staking the place out would see them. There wasn't a need to remove them in advance, they just needed to find and take them all after the killing.

we do not know, but Bobby said the dogs were not there when she went to feed them. JMO

Bobby didn't say that. LEONARD said that he doesn't understand why the dogs didn't tear up the murderer. They were vicious dogs, so whoever killed them was probably known by the dogs. Somehow that has become "Bobby said the dogs weren't there." We know from that video that was posted last night (which showed news footage of Bobby's house immediately following discovery of the bodies), that the dogs WERE there. We could see them chained up on the property.

Wonderful interestng post TY!

Thank you! The more that I think about the shooters, the more I think that there was probably either 2 shooters, one going to Chris' while the other went to Frankie's, or a pair of shooters going to each location.

The reason why I think that is the two locations being so close together. I don't believe gunfire could have happened in one house and someone in the other house not hear it. So, I tend to think those were done simultaneously. Dana was far enough away that, while the shot would still be audible, anyone in her house would probably not assume it was coming from their families' homes. And, of course, Kenneth was far enough away that he wouldn't hear it.

Of course, it is possible one person did the whole thing, or they did go one house at a time. That would possibly explain things if Chris and Gary had the most wounds. They could have heard the shots, woken up, huddled together and tried to figure out what was going on. By that time, the shooters would be at their door or in the house. Those two being awake would explain the body bruises and overkill of gunshot wounds, if they were the ones shot 9 and 5 times respectively.

If you're a criminal you would just skip all that and buy from an illegal gun dealer. Why would anyone with nefarious intentions buy a silencer through legal channels?

I'm not sure you have to have background checks and the whole sha-bang to buy silencers?
Steelman,,,,,, where are you, we need your expertise.

That looks like the pond we are talking about.

Oh my I laughed -- if this is where they are searching this is not pros --- its someone who watches NG! Is this near the last found victim ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melavista21