OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine what they would pitch in the pond except the dogs......they needed their weapons to complete the massacre. Unless the pond was their last stop. JMO

No I do not want to go to the doggies being shot.....................

Video of Gary's dad today. He said Gary worked at Big Bear Lake also.

[video=youtube;ySCAXBNSyLk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySCAXBNSyLk[/video]
Bless that man's heart. What a load if heartache he's carrying.

Bobby didn't say that. LEONARD said that he doesn't understand why the dogs didn't tear up the murderer. They were vicious dogs, so whoever killed them was probably known by the dogs. Somehow that has become "Bobby said the dogs weren't there." We know from that video that was posted last night (which showed news footage of Bobby's house immediately following discovery of the bodies), that the dogs WERE there. We could see them chained up on the property.

Bobby said that in her 911 call I believe....NO? That was why she entered Chris's house. Her job was to feed dogs and "chickens" JMO LOL help me here, posters, or haul out the straightjacket.....JMO

Good scenarios. I don't know what to think. I am pretty sure Bobby Jo said it looked like they were dragged or moved to the back room. That makes me think she saw blood tracks down the hallway. I need to listen to the 911 call again, but I'm 99% certain she said it looked like they were dragged back there.

Considering they were probably shot multiple times, perhaps one or both were shot in the leg or legs and the victims drug themselves back to the bedroom trying to get away from their attackers.

Indeed. Hollywood bears the brunt of responsibility for this. TV and movies portray guns with suppressors as silent assassins. I understand that they want the hero or the villain to have the element of surprise when shooting someone, but it gives viewers a false sense of things. I would hazard to guess that most people don't realize a 'silencer' is not really a silencer.

I have some skepticism that suppressors were used anyways, as there is a long process to buy one. Not only are they a few hundred dollars, but, you have to submit a ton of forms to the BATFE and wait for them to approve you to purchase one. There is an extensive background check for these things and it will be months before you hear anything back. You also have to pay a fee to BATFE of $200 along with your paperwork. So, you'd be down $200 upfront before even buying the suppressor. The actual suppressor itself will be several hundred dollars more. So, you could easily be in $500 for one suppressor. If a suppressor is something you use a lot, then it would be worth it for you.

There certainly are perfectly legal and legitimate reasons to have a suppressor; the aforementioned hearing effects being one of them. So, regular non-criminal people could own them. But, due to the paperwork, background check and expenses, I would imagine they are not common.

A professional or semi-professional criminal may already have the suppressor. It's a good investment for them. Random locals, family members, etc? Probably not, but again, possible. I don't think most people want to go through the complicated, expensive and time-consuming process to obtain one. But, anything is possible.

Scopes cost more then a suppressor. Suppressors sound like a bb gun/pellet gun. I don't think I would hear a bb gun/pellet gun the distance between the 2 homes on union rd, This I know. jmo

Except I see Chris and Gary trying to get out of the trailer if they could've to save the rest of the family, not going to the back room.
Trailer back door.. Or trying to get to weapons.

If you're a criminal you would just skip all that and buy from an illegal gun dealer. Why would anyone with nefarious intentions buy a silencer through legal channels?

Illegal gun dealers still have to get the suppressors from somewhere. The federal government keeps a very tight rein on them.

Indeed. Hollywood bears the brunt of responsibility for this. TV and movies portray guns with suppressors as silent assassins. I understand that they want the hero or the villain to have the element of surprise when shooting someone, but it gives viewers a false sense of things. I would hazard to guess that most people don't realize a 'silencer' is not really a silencer.

I have some skepticism that suppressors were used anyways, as there is a long process to buy one. Not only are they a few hundred dollars, but, you have to submit a ton of forms to the BATFE and wait for them to approve you to purchase one. There is an extensive background check for these things and it will be months before you hear anything back. You also have to pay a fee to BATFE of $200 along with your paperwork. So, you'd be down $200 upfront before even buying the suppressor. The actual suppressor itself will be several hundred dollars more. So, you could easily be in $500 for one suppressor. If a suppressor is something you use a lot, then it would be worth it for you.

There certainly are perfectly legal and legitimate reasons to have a suppressor; the aforementioned hearing effects being one of them. So, regular non-criminal people could own them. But, due to the paperwork, background check and expenses, I would imagine they are not common.

A professional or semi-professional criminal may already have the suppressor. It's a good investment for them. Random locals, family members, etc? Probably not, but again, possible. I don't think most people want to go through the complicated, expensive and time-consuming process to obtain one. But, anything is possible.

Another thing to note is that not all guns are as loud as the ones mentioned. Since we don't know if it was a handgun or not we don't have a reason yet to say the killer(s) have hearing damage or that it would have been as loud as 30+ planes taking off. I doubt it was a handgun because those things are really easy to trace. You can go to a Walmart and buy long rifles and be out the door in 20 minutes. Though I'm not saying the gun was a recent purchase. I am just saying they are easy to get. Also, I have a .22 rifle and I have actually shot it from inside out a window. My son who was sleeping in the next room didn't even wake up. Just for the record I was shooting to scare a coyote but not to kill it. I didn't aim at it. My point is the noise of the gun is a lot different depending on the length of the barrel. A .22 could have possible have been used and might explain the multiple gsw to the victims. I agree that if it were a handgun it would be louder and a shot gun would also be loud.

Pings from pond?????

If so then they didn't have iphones. I dropped my iphone in the toilet and it was completely 100% dead 2 minutes later. (I also ran over my own iphone with my own car once. I'm a mess. Thank goodness for Apple care.)

I don't know ... it's quite possible. I'm as lost and confused as ever right now.

According to the Ohio Secretary of State's website, the Scioto River Trading Company (the business Dana linked many of salvage car advertising posts back to) is registered to a country music singer based out of Columbus OH! Registered Effective date: April 13, 2013.

I thought surely that wasn't right, or it must be someone else who has the same name, but then I looked up the singer's fan page on FB and she shared a post from Big Bear Lake Family Resort (which was Chris SR's employer) in November 2015. So, my brain is all kinds of warped at the moment.

This case involves a tangled web of seemingly irrelevant information unlike anything I've ever seen in my life. But, it's probably not that irrelevant at all. It may be tangled all up on purpose, for this very exact reason---to make it impossible for anyone to follow the breadcrumbs.

It's no wonder LE anticipates this to be a lengthy investigation that can only be solved by "old fashioned police work". They might have to interview every person who's ever spoken to any of the 8 victims!

Unraveling all of this will take the patience of Job and a whole lot of hard work and determination.

No worries you are not alone. Tomm they will hold a presser to tell us they found a Kleenex and then vanish and come back in 48 hours and tell us they found another Kleenix !!

Scopes cost more then a suppressor. Suppressors sound like a bb gun/pellet gun. I don't think I would hear a bb gun/pellet gun the distance between the 2 homes on union rd, This I know. jmo

They don't sound like a pellet gun, at all. I've shot several guns with and without suppressors. They are still exceedingly loud.

I'm beginning to think Big Bear Lake must be owned by a relative.

In one interview Manly says when they got to the first house, the dogs were no where to be found. In another article it is questioned as to how someone unknown could have gotten past the vicious dogs. Manly also says the dogs were not killed. Where were the dogs that morning? Evidently, I missed something somewhere. I'll be back with links.

Me too, in her phone call I never heard her say the dogs were missing .. I dont know where that came from................

Interesting. He ran a back hoe there and made concrete.

Lots of police at Gary s funeral. Must be thinking perps are there and there might be trouble.

Does anyone find it interesting that Gary is being buried at the Miller Family Cemetery located on Little White Oak according to my research. The Rhoden family cemetery is on Tick Ridge Road which is 14 miles away. According to my research- which may not include all burials at Miller Cemetery- there is one other Rhodens buried at Miller Cemetery. There are 35 Rhodens documented in the Rhoden Cemetery.

How many of you think that the Newsome murders are somehow related?

I mean...how common are these execution-style murders, statistically?

Me!!!! There are quite a few unsolved cases of people murdered in their beds in Pike and Scioto counties! We know that the Newsome murders were related to drugs. Mom was supposedly dealing oxycontin to make a little side cash. And there are a few connections on FB between the daughter and the Rhoden family. To me that says the murders are related somehow.

I feel like there's more to the 'biker gang' line of thinking perhaps connected to that woman that was just sentenced to a year of probation two days before the murders...the one that had the run-in with Chris Jr. and Dana..that timing is awfully suspect to me.

I just saw the arrest thing on her yesterday! And she was tiny. I thought she must have been on some serious stuff to maul a 16 year old, that was appently enough for to get two years probation

some serious drugs PCP??

Bobby said that in her 911 call I believe....NO? That was why she entered Chris's house. Her job was to feed dogs and "chickens" JMO LOL help me here, posters, or haul out the straightjacket.....JMO

Wasn't it Leonard who said the dogs weren't there?

They don't sound like a pellet gun, at all. I've shot several guns with and without suppressors. They are still exceedingly loud.

Hubby has one, I know.. I have been there on many occasions to hear it. I know what it sounds like. Believe me, I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18