OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And who would have enough money to hire killers for 8 people........would cost a lot more than the value of a demo derby car. I just don't think there were hired killers. JMO This was full of rage killing, not professional. JMO

I would imagine than an organization has multiple ways in which to pay killers, not all of them in cash. Proving one's loyalty may have various pay-offs.

But I continue to believe that this is business, not personal. It has the look of taking out a whole operation, in other words, removing an economic threat. I think that the multiple gsw's speak more to messiness (vic woke up and fought or tried to run) than rage.

Question for those of you who said you live in rural communities where women sell a lot of things on FB -- WHY? Are they just trying to make a little extra cash? Or are they trying to make it look like they have a legitimate source of income to cover for a illicit source of income? Is it a cover for drug dealing? Prostitution? Or are they really just trying to get $20 here and there?

I grew up in a small town in SC (although, I wouldn't necessarily call it rural) and I see people from back home posting that kind of stuff all the time... & they join those FB groups (where people buy/sell used furniture, electronics, & whatnot with each other). I always just assumed they did it to make an extra buck here or there, or to get rid of old junk, or because they had nothing else to do really.

Thanks! Death is always hard, but murder and senseless murder especially is just so difficult.

Looking at the pages some, seems Derby is a huge thing around there. I saw some people just talking about what they were going to do one night and the answer was "derby is the only thing around to do".

We don't have anything like that around here, but many of their family were involved also. I don't know how big something like that is.
Was it Kenny? Kenneth that was the derby driver? It appears he was highly regarded as a good driver/racer.
I don't know about it either. Do they win money there?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

What? How awful! I am so sorry. 🌹

People will murder over stupid stuff when drugs are involved. He gave him the money and he still killed him. It was just so senseless.

Knowing that also makes me wonder about money they had and if robbery was a motive by someone that knew they kept money around.

If that person had a serious drug issue, they could have gotten caught robbing and had to kill people then.

Thanks! Death is always hard, but murder and senseless murder especially is just so difficult.

Looking at the pages some, seems Derby is a huge thing around there. I saw some people just talking about what they were going to do one night and the answer was "derby is the only thing around to do".

We don't have anything like that around here, but many of their family were involved also. I don't know how big something like that is.

Yes, I used to have a friend that lived in Delaware county (Ohio) and derby was pretty big there as well. I live in Cleveland and lived in Columbus for awhile- always lived in city . I know that a lot of people that live in rural areas think that city folk have no idea about anything. Ways of life are completely different and so are interests. To me, demolition cars don't seem like a reason to kill. But, if it's important to someone ... Then that's all that matters .

I find it interesting the cousin said it was 1000 dollars, who would count money laying on your dead relative you just found...and as tight lipped as the police are being and possible suspicion of family, I doubt they told him the amount

My hinky meter went off the chart after reading his account of finding his cousin.

Is a derby cars value based on looks or engine/how it runs?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

They all look like that. The cars just going to get destroyed anyway so people don't build new looking cars.
You win a demo derby by being the last car still running- hence the name- you demolish the other cars until you are the last one standing.

Wanted to add- the money is in the motor. You want the motor to last as long as possible. And to whoever asked, yes you win prize money but it's typically not a lot.

To me , it looks like junk cars with money put into it. Something that appears to be worthless, probably has a lot of money put into it

Early on I saw on someone's page a video, cops everywhere and people saying "they killed him". I don't think I saw it on a victim's page but the sister of the person the video was about, which had to be connected some way for me to find it. I wonder if that was this video. I didn't keep watching it or search it out more because I didn't see it was connected..

The video is on Chris Jr's FB page around Mar 2015.

Was it Kenny? Kenneth that was the derby driver? It appears he was highly regarded as a good driver/racer.
I don't know about it either. Do they win money there?

Frankie was the Derby star I believe but they were all involved in Derby, cousins all seemed to be involved too.

If it wipes out every other car and all the hopes and efforts and"prestige" of the competition, then I guess it's valuable. Weird, to me, but I see that that's how people feel about their demo derby cars.............JMO

To me , it looks like junk cars with money put into it. Something that appears to be worthless, probably has a lot of money put into it
Blood sweat and tears too. IMO

This cash strewn on the dead body sounds very 'gangster'. I'm curious what we all know about why law enforcement pulled over and interviewed Isaiah Jones. I saw an article in which he was being interviewed in which he swears he's innocent but admits at the end of the interview that he thinks he's still considered a suspect. When looking into his background a bit it seems he is from Baltimore but now lives in Waverly. He says he has an iron clad alibi of being at work during the times of the shootings. Apparently some racist words were exchanged between him and a member of the Rhoden family (use of the N word, etc) <modsnip> Isaiah also gave DNA and had his home searched. LE must have some substantial reason to do that and it might be more than just a threat on Facebook. Also has several kids out of wedlock for what it's worth. Of course all of this could be completely wrong as well...just a theory worth thinking about. But what I am curious about is who in the Rhoden family witnessed this altercation/insult/threat between Isaiah Jones and them? Was it everyone killed?

Here's the link: http://myfox28columbus.com/news/loc...ction-with-rhoden-murders-maintains-innocence

BJ cares for the animals (or whatever) each morning. I have been wondering why she went into the house at all. When I take care of my sisters animals, I never go inside the house. Especially if the family might be inside sleeping. Everything would be in the barn. Why go in the house at all? Was it because some of the dogs were missing?

Very interesting, thank you. I think that the person with one bullet shot to the head was the person that the killers had the LEAST amount of anger towards. However, the money strewn about says otherwise. Unless that was just a last minute attempt at diversion.

I kind of see it going something like this: "Ok, we killed all the core Rhodens. Gotta go take care of Uncle Kenny too though because he saw us, and can identify us." So they drive 8 miles, hand the dog (who knows them) a treat, walk in and get rid of their last problem. Real quick and clean. Then they throw a bunch of money around to make it look like some kind of drug hit. "Yah, that'll throw off that new Sheriff!"

JMO. IMO. MOO.
Kenny could only have 1 shot because he was the easiest to take care of since he was the only only one that was alone and no others to contend with.

Frankie was the Derby star I believe but they were all involved in Derby, cousins all seemed to be involved too.
OK Frankie. Thank you!

Someone trying to pin it on him maybe?

Hm, now that's interesting, if someone was trying to pin it on Kenneth, first they knew the whole family and they were covering for themselves. Kind of makes me think more about what DeWine said. "This was a preplanned execution of eight individuals," DeWine said. "It was a sophisticated operation and those who carried it out were trying to do everything they could do to hinder the investigation and their prosecution."

This could esp be true if dollar bills were thrown on Kenneth, if they were drug dealings it would be higher bills. It would be cheaper just to throw dollar bills for the killers. Also why there was only shot to him, just take him out as if he killed himself after killing the others.

BJ cares for the animals (or whatever) each morning. I have been wondering why she went into the house at all. When I take care of my sisters animals, I never go inside the house. Especially if the family might be inside sleeping. Everything would be in the barn. Why go in the house at all? Was it because some of the dogs were missing?
That is what I think. Wouldn't people usually be stirring around by 7:30? Chris Jr would be headed to school etc.

Well in would like to know if they found any trail cams. I can't imagine they didn't have some having 3 grow operations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298