OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Act like what?

I just realized this may not be common knowledge. If you're following a conversation where people have quoted eachother and you don't understand what they're saying, you can trace the conversation back by clicking on the little black rectangle with two white arrows in it behind the name of the quoted poster. That takes you back to the original post that was quoted. The original may also contain a quote which could clarify things. You can trace this as far back as needed.

Does anyone have the date that the cousin left the creepy comment on Frankie's Facebook page? I can't find it anywhere and I have gone all the way back to 2012!

Agreed, in this area there is what is called generational poverty. Which is different then situational poverty.

Basically I'm poor because we have always been poor and I cannot break the cycle because I don't know any better.

Situational poverty would be the factory shuts down and suddenly you need to be on assistance until you get back on your feet.

Generational poverty tend (some exceptions) to feel they could not survive without assistance or that that's just what you do.

For example, your teenage daughter gets pregnant, what are your first thoughts? Mine would be thinking how difficult this will make her future, what if she doesn't finish school, getting her good prenatal care. generational poverty goes into survival mode...how will we feed this baby, clothe this baby, pay doctor bills, etc. their first call would probably be to sign up for WIC before calling to get a doctors appt.

http://www.gazettextra.com/news/2008/aug/25/families-generational-poverty-form-their-own-cultu/

This describes it so much better then me.

This is based on my experience living in rural Appalachian Ohio working with generational poverty for 15 years.

I think this is dead on. The local derby here involves about 1/2 of the town talking about their cars, their boyfriends cars, their brothers cars.....what they will wear to the meet, who they will meet....who's bringing the beer. Entry is cheap- less than $5.00 a person. The drivers are local celebrities. There is a lot of trash talk- during the meets and then before and after. I don't think folks that live in suburbia understand this different culture. People change boyfriends and baby daddies here weekly- but once they get married- that stops- marriage is a huge big deal here- although both parties seem to cheat a lot. The number to the local jail bonds man is likely on the fridge and messages go out for people to pitch in to make bail when folks are arrested for things like not paying their child support and speeding.

People get ticked off at the dumbest things. Over relationships mostly- but other things as well. If you are a member of a family you are loyal at all costs and you keep your mouth shut (or they will shut it for you). We have cops- but most things are handled vigilante style. If someone shoots your cow- everyone is going after the person that did that. On the flip side, we had a man that went missing here- he was older with dementia. This whole town was out in force looking for him. If there is a funeral to pay for- everyone contributes and brings food. If there is a wedding, it's going to be a backyard affairs and people will slaughter the hog. We brag here a lot that "we take care of our own" and we do.

This is how I understand the sequence of events:

7:49 - 911 call reporting 2 bodies at 4077
7:51 - two cars are dispatched
[16 min. period] - the 911 caller (probably accompanied by a relative) checks on a neighboring residence and finds more bodies
8:07 - the first car arrives at a neighboring residence (not 4077) and is told of this second crime scene
8:12 - the second car (with 3 officers in it?) arrives and is told that there are "two more" in 4077 (meaning: in addition to the bodies that the first deputy is checking on in the neighboring residence)

In other words, when she calls 911, she knows only of one crime scene. By the time the officers arrive, she has learned of a second crime scene.

Thank you

That's how I see it too

Is anyone having a hard time believing this was all sophisticated? When I think of sophisticated murder I think of clean and quick. The only thing sophisticated about this was they were able to kill 8 people without anyone catching them in the process. Obviously that took planning and calculations otherwise this just seems savage and brutal. And incredibly messy.

Family members have said that Bobby Jo Manley found Chris Rhoden Sr., 40, and his cousin, Gary Rhoden, 38, in one trailer. She also found the bodies of Clarence “Frankie” Rhoden, 20, and his girlfriend, Hannah Gilley, also 20.

Chris Rhoden Sr. and Gary Rhoden lived in one trailer on Oak (sic) Hill Road. And several hundred feet away from that trailer lived Frankie Rhoden and Hannah Gilley with their 6-month-old son, R*; and his 3-year-old son.

Family members said James Rhoden found his sister Dana Rhoden, 37, dead in a trailer about 1 1/2 miles away, also on Union Hill Road. Leonard Manley, Dana Rhoden's father, said his daughter shared the trailer with her two youngest children, Hanna Rhoden, 19, and Chris Rhoden Jr., 16. Hanna Rhoden had just given birth to her second daughter five days before the killings.

More at the link:

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/story/news/2016/04/27/discovery-family-massacre/83594762/

Does anyone have the date that the cousin left the creepy comment on Frankie's Facebook page? I can't find it anywhere and I have gone all the way back to 2012!
It was Frankie that made the original post about being angry with family.. He commented.

I'm new here, so I'm sorry if this has been brought up already, but I haven't found anything mentioing this. At the very end of Bobby's 911 call, she is heard sobbing and then says "please don't hurt me". Has anyone else heard that? Certainly it could just be her emotions taking over, etc. I found it strange though since she says "We" when talking to 911 about arriving to 4077.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Thank you

That's how I see it too
That wasn't the issue though. According to what has come out, Bobby knew about Frankie, Hannah, Chris and Gary befire she called 911 and only told them about Gary and Chris.

That is the discrepancy some of us have seen.

I'm new here, so I'm sorry if this has been brought up already, but I haven't found anything mentioing this. At the very end of Bobby's 911 call, she is heard sobbing and then says "please don't hurt me". Has anyone else heard that? Certainly it could just be her emotions taking over, etc. I found it strange though since she says "We" when talking to 911 about arriving to 4077.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
She could have been talking to a child at the scene. I could see a confused child lashing out.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Is anyone having a hard time believing this was all sophisticated? When I think of sophisticated murder I think of clean and quick. The only thing sophisticated about this was they were able to kill 8 people without anyone catching them in the process. Obviously that took planning and calculations otherwise this just seems savage and brutal. And incredibly messy.
That sophisticated word threw many of us. You imagine people getting in, leaving no trace, footprints, no shell casings, in and out.

Sure it was planned, I don't think it just happened and I think it likely happened right before Bobby showed up and maybe about 3 hours before she showed up at the most.

According to this article: "The Hamilton County coroner said the victims — three women, four men and a 16-year-old boy — had wounds to their heads, torsos and other parts of the body. "Dr. Lakshmi Sammarco said one victim had a single wound, one had two wounds, and the rest had three or more. The report didn’t specify which victim had which number of wounds.Some victims showed “signs of soft tissue bruising,” her report stated. Sammarco’s office declined to discuss its findings, citing the ongoing investigation"

Chris and Gary were the first discovered and Bobby Jo said there was "blood all over". Wouldn't that make them likely to be the in the bruised tissue, multiple wounds category? If so, it is also likely that they were killed first and the primary targets (or one of them was.) If Dana was already freaked out on the 18th, then either Chris or Gary would have likely told her what was up. My bet is Chris. Was Gary sent for as reinforcement? I wish I had the scoop on the dogs!

Did you see that post? I found something really ODD in the second picture of the newly painted wall.
There is a man's face in the mirror.
I don't know if she photoshopped it or if he was really standing there when she took the pic.
It seems out of place. Maybe I am seeing things!
MOO

The reflection in the mirror is from the tv on the other side of the room.

That wasn't the issue though. According to what has come out, Bobby knew about Frankie, Hannah, Chris and Gary befire she called 911 and only told them about Gary and Chris.

A discrepancy that's driving me nuts because of the children that were with Frankie and Hannah. Could it be at all that it is somehow redacted/not released to protect these kids? I don't think any one of us can imagine BJo having gone in there and left the baby and toddler in that mess.... but maybe what she did with the kids is just not being made public for the children's safety/privacy, and because of that big part missing the story doesn't make 100% sense?

Idk, just poking in the dark trying to figure that one out...

So... IMO that makes it sound like she purposely didn't mention her sister and niece amd nephew on the 911 call, but had them flagged down once LE arrived -Why though?
Could be a major clue.

2 MORE dead people at 4077 makes no sense. 4077 is Chris and Gary. Those are the two she called 911 about. It would have made sense if she said that about Frankie's house on the same property, but not about 4077. Does this mean she did go into Frankie's house first? And left the kids in there? Or maybe did the deputy get the address wrong? But the deputy is definitely talking about Chris's house because he goes on to talk about how there were two grown men in the back room of that particular residence.

I am so confused!!!!

They were called to 4077 by BJM but were flagged down at a neighboring residence (Frankie and Hannah) before they pulled up to 4077. Whoever flagged them said there are two here and two more over there (4077).

2 MORE dead people at 4077 makes no sense. 4077 is Chris and Gary. Those are the two she called 911 about. It would have made sense if she said that about Frankie's house on the same property, but not about 4077. Does this mean she did go into Frankie's house first? And left the kids in there? Or maybe did the deputy get the address wrong? But the deputy is definitely talking about Chris's house because he goes on to talk about how there were two grown men in the back room of that particular residence.
I am so confused!!!!

When I listen to the 911 call- in the area where she is talking about their names to the 911 operator- Chris Rhoden and Gary Rhoden- it sounds like children in the background to me.

A discrepancy that's driving me nuts because of the children that were with Frankie and Hannah. Could it be at all that it is somehow redacted/not released to protect these kids? I don't think any one of us can imagine BJo having gone in there and left the baby and toddler in that mess.... but maybe what she did with the kids is just not being made public for the children's safety/privacy, and because of that big part missing the story doesn't make 100% sense?

Idk, just poking in the dark trying to figure that one out...
I can see her not telling them everything.. Remembering they are likely of the culture they call LE last and take care of things themselves.

It seems unthinkable to us, but also she could be trying to cover herself and that her job was to get over there earlier than 7 because she had to turn the lights on and water the indoor operation.

If it is true that Dana was on social media at 2:50 am, if Bobby isn't being truthful about what time she got there, she could seriously be messing with them discovering a good timeline and time of death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298