OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jmo, but I don't get the impression that there was a lot of joy re; the relationship.

I got the impression they were gaga in love. But I also don't think they were together long. I'm willing to bet that both families considered FR and HG family because they were together and have a child together. But I doubt either would be willing to have their flesh and blood buried away from their own. I can understand that.

This link may have already been posted and if so, I apologize, but am posting it again with a few clips from the article as it does clear up who found who in regards to the crime scenes.....

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/story/news/2016/04/27/discovery-family-massacre/83594762/

Family members have said that Bobby Jo Manley found Chris Rhoden Sr., 40, and his cousin, Gary Rhoden, 38, in one trailer. She also found the bodies of Clarence “Frankie” Rhoden, 20, and his girlfriend, Hannah Gilley, also 20.
Chris Rhoden Sr. and Gary Rhoden lived in one trailer on Oak Hill Road. And several hundred feet away from that trailer lived Frankie Rhoden and Hannah Gilley with their 6-month-old son, Ruger; and his 3-year-old son.

Family members said James Manley found his sister Dana Rhoden, 37, dead in a trailer about 1 1/2 miles away, also on Union Hill Road. Leonard Manley, Dana Rhoden's father, said his daughter shared the trailer with her two youngest children, Hanna Rhoden, 19, and Chris Rhoden Jr., 16. Hanna Rhoden had just given birth to her second daughter five days before the killings.

The confusing thing.. I'm not sure if this one has been released. There were two people in the Pike County jail with no charges and the site has been down, might have been up for a bit this morning.

I don't know if this person was one of those two people or not.

I don't believe so. IIRC, the person taken into custody at gunpoint was in Chillicothe in Ross County, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

I recall the two names you are referring to if you're talking two people in the Pike County jail last weekend. I think that's in Thread 1 or 2 and I'm not going back in that for that...lol. :)

One of those two did have a 4-21 charge listed at www.pikecountycourt.org

That person was arraigned on 4-22 at 8:30 am according to the court record so all likelihood no bearing on these murders as that person was arrested on 4-21.

If you're referring to two other people in the Pike County jail with no bond and no apparent charges, I'm totally in the dark. :D

Everybody done with the "why would someone live in a trailer" debate?

Debating the virtues or horrors of living in a trailer, mobile home, RV, 5th wheel does nothing but end in frustration. Because at the end of the day, different people live different lives, make different choices, have different resources and different cultural influences.

There are things that people can question until the cows come home and won't ever get an answer they find satisfactory. :deadhorse:

Time to move on.

I just want to say that the only reason that I, personally, went down that road was because I was trying to explore whether they were pretending to be poor to mask illicit income. Even though there is no way we could ever prove that, I thought it might be a discussion that led to exploration and discovery. I made that clear. It turned into something far uglier. That was never my intention. I am 100% done with it. In the future, I will avoid any and all conversation about lifestyle choices and income levels because it seems to create some very surprising and defensive responses -- whether deserved or not. Some of us have been poor. Most of us have struggled at one point or another. Most of us have also done well for ourselves (since we have time to sit on laptops and post on Webseluths). Who cares? This is NOT ABOUT US. I hope we can all work together to find more clues that work towards solving this case. (Which I fear will be difficult since we have very little to discuss these days. Sigh.)

In the end, we are all good people. That is why we are here.

There is a Rhoden family cemetery in Kentucky where Clarence Rhoden and a son who died in his teens are buried.

Kenneth Rhoden will be buried in Mound Cemetery in Piketon where he has a son buried.

Christopher Sr., Dana, Frankie, Hanna, and Christopher Jr. will be buried at Scioto Burial Park in Rushton, Ohio.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/04/27/rhoden-relative-a-man-cant-bear-it.html

Gary Rhoden was buried at Miller Cemetery in South Shore, Kentucky on Thursday.

Hannah Hazel Gilley was buried at Hackworth Hill Cemetery in Otway, Ohio.

I keep forgetting that the Manley family would have had a say/preference, too.

I don't believe so. IIRC, the person taken into custody at gunpoint was in Chillicothe in Ross County, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

I recall the two names you are referring to if you're talking two people in the Pike County jail last weekend. I think that's in Thread 1 or 2 and I'm not going back in that for that...lol. :)

One of those two did have a 4-21 charge listed at www.pikecountycourt.org

That person was arraigned on 4-22 at 8:30 am according to the court record so all likelihood no bearing on these murders as that person was arrested on 4-21.

If you're referring to two other people in the Pike County jail with no bond and no apparent charges, I'm totally in the dark. :D
I don't remember the names in the jail, that all may have been resolved.

There was the threat that has been mentioned and I think the person we watched get taken into custody Friday night was connected but not the main person. The third one that "was at work" was also connected with that group, IIRC.

This kind of thinking is why I created that list! I never thought about it before, but perhaps they weren't waiting until HR got out of the hospital as some have suggested. Maybe they were simply waiting until the night of the full moon!

That list was excellent. Can we have it added to the beginning of all new threads? There really WAS a lot of change around the time of the murders. Lots to ponder.

IF they were all on the same cycle. Many growers have plants harvesting at different times to lighten the trimming load at once. Basically so that all 200 plants aren't ready at once. JMO.

Do you know how many "lids" are in a pound? Anyone? (Showing my age ... but serious question. It's the only way my mind can equate the 250# quantity. Lol).

Jmo, but I don't get the impression that there was a lot of joy re; the relationship.

They look truly happy on their Facebook pages. Their comments to each other are sweat and I didn't notice any drama I could see.

There will be a viewing tomorrow for
Chris Sr
Dana
Kenneth
Frankie
Hanna
Chris jr

Funeral is Tuesday

Gary buried this past Thursday or Friday
Hannah Gilly yesterday

What is a viewing? Does that mean open casket? (Sorry, I have only been on two funerals before and both were for people that were cremated.)

Do you know how many "lids" are in a pound? Anyone? (Showing my age ... but serious question. It's the only way my mind can equate the 250# quantity. Lol).

A "lid" is a bit below an ounce in weight. So typically around 21 "lids" in a pound.

I don't tenner the names in the jail, that all may have been resolved.

There was the threat that has been mentioned and I think the person we watched get taken into custody Friday night was connected but not the main person. The third one that "was at work" was also connected with that group, IIRC.

That's my recollection about the person taken into custody and all that stuff. I haven't really tracked that whole thing much.

Does anyone know how property taxes work for land without a permanent structure? Do you still pay the same tax rate based on the value of the land? (For example, here property tax is 1.25%. So you pay 1.25% of the value of your house every year. But what if my lot had no house on it? Would I still pay 1.25% of the land value?)

I am trying to estimate what Chris's liability was for property tax each year. If he owns 14 pieces of property, which total 200 acres (that is totally made up - just for arguments sake) and each acre is worth $1,000 a piece (so $200,000 in land value -- again totally made up). Does he pay the same county property tax rate of (2% x $200,000 = $4000)? Or is property taxed at a lower rate if it has no permanent structure?

Do barns count? Do you pay property taxes on those?

Thank you in advance for anyone who can help solve this. I am trying to see if maybe he had to pick up a new income stream (rumors that the business was expanding) to cover all the land expenses.

It's all inconsequential really. I'm trying to wrap my mind around whether 200+ plants is truly "commercial" as described, or just enough to pay the bills. I am not buying that it was worth $500,000 a year after hearing from our Mary Jane experts here earlier today.

"Christopher Rhoden Sr., who was 40, and Dana Rhoden, who was 37, had reconciled following a 2007 divorce, relatives say." From cinncinati.com article today. So I wonder if he was living and sleeping in the house with Dana and the kids normally that late at night. It doesn't change anything except perhaps where shooters might have expected him to be.

I wondered about that too and if a reconciliation was the reason for moving close to his house. She also posted "Life is good. ❤️ u C.D.R." on FB back on March 18.

What is a viewing? Does that mean open casket? (Sorry, I have only been on two funerals before and both were for people that were cremated.)

Yes, they have a "viewing" at the funeral home and depending on conditions of death, they do have the casket open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste