OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this date was chosen because of the full moon.
I really wish we knew when Gary got into town.

the full moon would have helped if they were going through the woods. But that would really be patient planning.

He did have a wife and 3 kids survived him but he had another son that died. He used to live with his wife in their home that is owned by her parents. It's all public record and easy to find by going to recorder site. His ex wife has gone back to her maiden name though and the many properties in that family are under her maiden name. I mentioned it earlier because his ex wife... A former Rhoden... Lives in a house owned by her parents who also own property on Beavers Creek. So to answer your question, yes he used to live somewhere else. Then he moved to 4077 Union Hill for a bit it seems because his arrest record shows that as his address. Then at some point he went to Left Fork... Which he owns 1/4 of along with his brothers as the Christopher et all. It's easy to track the property records and see the actual documents on the recorder site and I think the documents tell a lot.

Thank you for this, that was helpful. From looking at Google maps, I think that people living on the same road isn't that much of a coincidence. There aren't that many roads around there! In that immediate vicinity there are only about 20 or so possible roads people could live on. I don't know. The shatter lab seemed so connected to me last week. Now I don't think it is. But that will probably change tomorrow. There are so many possible motives.

Me too! If I could have 2 questions answered they would be:

1) When did Gary arrive?

2) What were the times of death for each victim, particularly Kenneth (because I feel he could have been killed up to 24 hours earlier. Not for any particular reason other than he was alone. If DS says he talked to Kenneth on Thursday night about fixing cars on Friday morning, but then it is proved Kenneth actually died Thursday morning -- we have a problem. Total theory, IMO, hypothetical, JMO and all that.)
If he was killed 24 hours before, work would have noticed when he didn't show up in Columbus.

Yes, they have a "viewing" at the funeral home and depending on conditions of death, they do have the casket open.

Ugh...that would be hard to see. I don't understand why they are having open caskets considering the circumstances of their deaths. Maybe it's a tradition for the family to send their loved ones off that way. I think it'd be traumatic.

Do you know how many "lids" are in a pound? Anyone? (Showing my age ... but serious question. It's the only way my mind can equate the 250# quantity. Lol).
Also, when the cops say that 200 plants are worth $150,000 on the street, they are taking it at those 200 plants producing 250# and being sold at $375 an ounce (just an example, I do not deal weed). However, they are not taking into consideration, the expenses to grow said weed, at least not that I can figure. So, unless the Rhodens were selling weed by the oz. out of their trailer, then that $150k sounds a little high to me. (My cipherin' might be off. I'm tired so feel free to correct.)

Ugh...that would be hard to see. I don't understand why they are having open caskets considering the circumstances of their deaths. Maybe it's a tradition for the family to send their loved ones off that way. I think it'd be traumatic.
All aren't open caskets.

An RV just means recreational vehicle, they can be old, new, driven, pulled by a truck, a popup camper, or a fifth wheel, etc.
You can drive it, or pull it, it's a living space, can have used for vacations, or living in them. It can have a kitchen, bathroom, or neither.

Also, when the cops say that 200 plants are worth $150,000 on the street, they are taking it at those 200 plants producing 250# and being sold at $375 an ounce (just an example, I do not deal weed). However, they are not taking into consideration, the expenses to grow said weed, at least not that I can figure. So, unless the Rhodens were selling weed by the oz. out of their trailer, then that $150k sounds a little high to me. (My cipherin' might be off. I'm tired so feel free to correct.)
But again, that was just the INDOOR grow op. We don't know how much there was for the two outdoor grow ops.

It seems this can't be said enough.

As far as distribution, they just need someone to get in a car and drive to a big city.

And then what? Still has to be broken down into saleable lots, maintain a customer base, keep the competition at bay.

If he was killed 24 hours before, work would have noticed when he didn't show up in Columbus.

It's possible that they did, and didn't notify anyone. If I didn't show up at work, I don't think my company would call LE or my family. (Note to self: try not to die on a weekday.) Especially since someone said previously that his company is a very large one. If you have 2000 employees, you may not notice or care as much as if you have 5 employees. With such a long commute and extensive arrest record, it is also pretty possible that he had unexpectedly missed work previously.

I have no reason to suspect this happened. I'm just saying that Kenneth is the only one who COULD have died a day earlier. The others were all with other people, posting on FB, confirmed to have been at work, caring for children, etc.

But again, that was just the INDOOR grow op. We don't know how much there was for the two outdoor grow ops.

It seems this can't be said enough.
In southern OH it really would not have been late enough to start putting plants outdoors. There is still threat of frost until right about now until the first of May. You don't take that kind of risk. Plus, there's not been any leaves on the trees, pot plants would stand out like a sore thumb if outdoors in southern Ohio. Also, I've only heard that grow ops were found at 3 of 4 locations. I've not heard from the LE that any were found outdoors. It's just not feasible at this time of year. You wouldn't even put out tomato plants at this time of year.

Me too! If I could have 2 questions answered they would be:

1) When did Gary arrive?

2) What were the times of death for each victim, particularly Kenneth (because I feel he could have been killed up to 24 hours earlier. Not for any particular reason other than he was alone. If DS says he talked to Kenneth on Thursday night about fixing cars on Friday morning, but then it is proved Kenneth actually died Thursday morning -- we have a problem. Total theory, IMO, hypothetical, JMO and all that.)

Who did this is not just one person, they're very educated on planning and covering a crimescene, there's four here. Multiple agencies working this and they've not named one person or interest or arrested and charged anyone yet. I might be wrong, who knows who all is involved, but Stone is not a mastermind of planning anything like this, and I think he would crack under questioning. I don't think he'd shut up long enough in spilling everything he knew, but that's just me.

It's possible that they did, and didn't notify anyone. If I didn't show up at work, I don't think my company would call LE or my family. (Note to self: try not to die on a weekday.) Especially since someone said previously that his company is a very large one. If you have 2000 employees, you may not notice or care as much as if you have 5 employees. With such a long commute and extensive arrest record, it is also pretty possible that he had unexpectedly missed work previously.

I have no reason to suspect this happened. I'm just saying that Kenneth is the only one who COULD have died a day earlier. The others were all with other people, confirmed to have been at work, caring for children, etc.
If I didn't show up for work they would call my emergency contact and LE if they couldn't get them.

Someone would notice, like your boss. Also if he were dead 24 hours before, work would have told LE by now he didn't show up, can't imagine why they wouldn't have that out by now.

Oh and Kenneth may very well be confirmed to have been at work.

The Cleveland Plain Dealer has a good comprehensive article about Earnest "Dollar Bill" Moore if anyone is interested.

http://www.cleveland.com/court-justice/index.ssf/2015/11/allegations_of_torture_offer_i.html

I don't see much likelihood he is involved in this, but I can't rule him and his associates out due to the proximity to Chillicothe.

The same is true about the Short North Posse out of Columbus. The MO of their Cut Throat Committee/Homicide Squad could have been replicated in these murders if robbery was involved.

They are accused of having committed murder in Chillicothe, so proximity is another reason I have them on a list of possibles.

The Short North Posse has been hit hard by federal indictments in 2014 and 2015.

Hard to say if those indictments have impacted their overall influence, but the impression I got from Columbus media is that the Short North Posse was somewhat weakened in that city.

I have enough difficulty trying to stay informed about DTOs and street gangs in my part of the world as it can be a shifting environment and one that isn't prone to broadcasting all of their secrets.

Still within the Short North Posse, Cut Throat Committee and Homicide Squad specialized in murders and robberies of rival gang members, other drug dealers, and targets thought to have large sums of cash or firearms.

https://m.fbi.gov/#https://www.fbi....short-north-posse-members-charged-with-murder

Just a couple of possible avenues if drug trafficking is a factor for the motivation for these murders.

Nothing I know of to specifically connect either to Pike County.

I will say that BCI and their federal counterparts should have a good working knowledge of DTOs operating in Pike County.

In southern OH it really would not have been late enough to start putting plants outdoors. There is still threat of frost until right about now until the first of May. You don't take that kind of risk. Plus, there's not been any leaves on the trees, pot plants would stand out like a sore thumb if outdoors in southern Ohio.
I understand but they told us there were two outside ops on two of the properties so it was more than 200 plants.

Who did this is not just one person, they're very educated on planning and covering a crimescene, there's four here. Multiple agencies working this and they've not named one person or interest or arrested and charged anyone yet. I might be wrong, who knows who all is involved, but Stone is not a mastermind of planning anything like this, and I think he would crack under questioning. I don't think he'd shut up long enough in spilling everything he knew, but that's just me.

I agree with you there! He is definitely not "sophisticated" in any way. But I personally think whoever did this was not that sophisticated. I think they were just lucky. Even guys like DS know to remove security cameras. That is really the only thing we have heard that suggests "sophisticated." Is there any other evidence that 100% points to a criminal mastermind? Or do people keep thinking that because it is what LE told us? Further, I think LE knows this was a crude revenge murder and said "sophisticated" just to make the perp feel confident enough to start talking. I do agree someone else probably had to be involved. But that doesn't exclude DS. He could have found a helper.

I think LE knows who did this. If the Daily Mail was correct when they said the pit bull was found INSIDE Kenneth's camper and DS had to calm it down and remove it before they could enter -- they definitely know who did this.

I understand but they told us there were two outside ops on two of the properties so it was more than 200 plants.
Please point me to that link where they said that. You can't even put out tomato plants at this time of year. It's b/c of the frost possibility. It would kill them. They may have found old grow sites from last year now.

I agree with you there! He is definitely not "sophisticated" in any way. But I personally think whoever did this was not that sophisticated. I think they were just lucky. Even guys like DS know to remove security cameras. That is really the only thing we have heard that suggests "sophisticated." Is there any other evidence that 100% points to a criminal mastermind? Or do people keep thinking that because it is what LE told us? Further, I think LE knows this was a crude revenge murder and said "sophisticated" just to make the perp feel confident enough to start talking. I do agree someone else probably had to be involved. But that doesn't exclude DS. He could have found a helper.

I think LE knows who did this. If the Daily Mail was correct when they said the pit bull was found INSIDE Kenneth's camper and DS had to calm it down and remove it before they could enter -- they definitely know who did this.
Wait.. Killed 8 people of one family still not arrested and was just lucky?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste