OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how property taxes work for land without a permanent structure? Do you still pay the same tax rate based on the value of the land? (For example, here property tax is 1.25%. So you pay 1.25% of the value of your house every year. But what if my lot had no house on it? Would I still pay 1.25% of the land value?)

I am trying to estimate what Chris's liability was for property tax each year. If he owns 14 pieces of property, which total 200 acres (that is totally made up - just for arguments sake) and each acre is worth $1,000 a piece (so $200,000 in land value -- again totally made up). Does he pay the same county property tax rate of (2% x $200,000 = $4000)? Or is property taxed at a lower rate if it has no permanent structure?

Do barns count? Do you pay property taxes on those?

Thank you in advance for anyone who can help solve this. I am trying to see if maybe he had to pick up a new income stream (rumors that the business was expanding) to cover all the land expenses.

It's all inconsequential really. I'm trying to wrap my mind around whether 200+ plants is truly "commercial" as described, or just enough to pay the bills. I am not buying that it was worth $500,000 a year after hearing from our Mary Jane experts here earlier today.

I think we (here) have taken the 200 plants to be gospel. From what I remember some MSM said around 200 plants had been found in the inside grow op at one property. This was probably an estimate and could easily have been 200 - 500 plants (coming from a farmer who still isn't great at estimating how many tomato plants his staff have planted each week). In my mind the "200" plants could have been twice as many and also there could have been 2000 plants at the other two locations (and there may have been more than 3 locations in total that the family had - after all they have multiple blocks of land).

I think we (here) have taken the 200 plants to be gospel. From what I remember some MSM said around 200 plants had been found in the inside grow op at one property. This was probably an estimate and could easily have been 200 - 500 plants (coming from a farmer who still isn't great at estimating how many tomato plants his staff have planted each week). In my mind the "200" plants could have been twice as many and also there could have been 2000 plants at the other two locations (and there may have been more than 3 locations in total that the family had - after all they have multiple blocks of land).
I posted a link, 200 at the indoor, but there were at least two more operations, many more.

I wasn't inferring that their relationship was in trouble. I just got the impression that her side of the family was not overjoyed w/the relationship, and even if they were okay with it, the deceased is released to the next of kin if there is no legal marriage. If it were my child I'd bring her home, especially considering the circumstances.

I think the two families must have been pretty close, especially as HG parents have another grandchild in the Rhoden family

sorry. cant respond to ws about 98 % of the time.

these were the poorest big time pot farmers i ever heard of.
mama was working in a nursing home!
if anything, they were providing the place for someone else's operation- if it was a large operation.
i just don't buy it.

It's possible that they did, and didn't notify anyone. If I didn't show up at work, I don't think my company would call LE or my family. (Note to self: try not to die on a weekday.) Especially since someone said previously that his company is a very large one. If you have 2000 employees, you may not notice or care as much as if you have 5 employees. With such a long commute and extensive arrest record, it is also pretty possible that he had unexpectedly missed work previously.

I have no reason to suspect this happened. I'm just saying that Kenneth is the only one who COULD have died a day earlier. The others were all with other people, posting on FB, confirmed to have been at work, caring for children, etc.

Do we know he even had a job?

I think the two families must have been pretty close, especially as HG parents have another grandchild in the Rhoden family
Really? Which one? The three yr. old is not part of the Gilley family. I am just going by feeling when reading social media. I'm not saying they hated each other but I get the feeling that was not the mate they'd have chosen for her. Just the way I read it. But, SM does not allow tone and inflection so I could be wrong.

my only beef (currently) with LE in this case is that they've managed to be super tight lipped about ANY DETAILS- other than the pot, which seems only to be a distraction for the public. seems that would be the point of it, as a matter of fact.
that really bothers me.

Please point me to that link where they said that. You can't even put out tomato plants at this time of year. It's b/c of the frost possibility. It would kill them. They may have found old grow sites from last year now.

Looking at the weather online (as I'm in Australia) they temperatures look ok for an outside crop (based on this week), tops of high teens and lows of 7 to 14 (all in Celsius), seems like perfect temps for an outside crop to have been in the ground a few weeks.

Exactly! I don't know if he could have done it all alone, but he gives me bad vibes.

I like the guy. Have a bit of a soft spot for him. He reminds me of several of my cousins. Nice, a bit shy, few words, just gets by in life.

I'm sure that the 911 callers had their statements taken by police, and were questioned as well. If anything was off, I'm sure the police picked up on it.

I'm sure that the 911 callers had their statements taken by police, and were questioned as well. If anything was off, I'm sure the police picked up on it.

Right, and if they suspected anyone of executing a family they sure wouldn't let them be running around to kill someone else.

They were killed in their homes.
i know this- but the idea that one person couldn't have killed them all seems predicated on the idea that because a couple of homes were occupied by multiple people it would take more than one killer. one killer could kill all of these people. its not impossible was my point.

Right, and if they suspected anyone of executing a family they sure wouldn't let them be running around to kill someone else.
suspecting them and having evidence to charge them are two different things. they did tell other family members to be careful and vigilant.

Looking at the weather online (as I'm in Australia) they temperatures look ok for an outside crop (based on this week), tops of high teens and lows of 7 to 14 (all in Celsius), seems like perfect temps for an outside crop to have been in the ground a few weeks.

In Ohio, the spring temperatures are so unpredictable. We practically had spring days sometime back in March and then had snow flurries a few weeks later. I don't know what kind of weather you need to grow marijuana, but for flowers, vegetables, etc. you can't count on any weather here until at least May 1st. UGH. We say, "Don't like the weather? Wait 5 minutes, it will change!" LOL

Oh let me get in early enough before the thread is closed for the night and say "night" to everyone.. <modsnip>

They need proof before making an arrest or they risk blowing the whole case. My guess is that they are keeping a close eye on him, watching him, and letting him keep talking -- while they wait for DNA results, ballistic tests, etc. I just have a strong gut feeling we will see an arrest soon. Whether it is DS or someone else -- I think police are close.

<modsnip> i want to be clear i am not referring to a specific person as a suspect- just pointing out that another family member or members could easily be the murderer(s).

suspecting them and having evidence to charge them are two different things. they did tell other family members to be careful and vigilant.

I should've said suspected them and had some evidence to back it, they could find a reason to hold them. They had two with a no bond for a couple of days, then let them go. I know one of them is friends with the teens that had a fight with CRJr.

i know this- but the idea that one person couldn't have killed them all seems predicated on the idea that because a couple of homes were occupied by multiple people it would take more than one killer. one killer could kill all of these people. its not impossible was my point.
No way, they couldn't have controlled 8 people.

Question.. Do you own a gun or shoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member